Forums/Armchair-GM

Technically Parayko is more likely

Created by: MaxBorjshlapsky
Team: 2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 18, 2023
Published: Aug. 18, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Faulk is less term for St Louis and he is a Minnesota guy probably really enjoys St Louis

Parayko is from Alberta but hopefully he would be ok playing in Toronto,
St Louis finds a guy to replace tarasenko with a much better nylander.

I don't care what anyone says parayko is elite and massive.

Bring parayko in, let's go!
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,250,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Parayko, Colton
  2. Toropchenko, Alexey
  3. 2024 3rd round pick (STL)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (STL)
TOR
  1. Ruzicka, Adam
  2. 2024 4th round pick (CGY)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$83,350,751$0$0$149,249
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$856,667$856,667
RD
RFA - 2
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:35 p.m.
Tank it baby
You keep getting the 🌲 fired. 🤭

Parayko is 30 years old and has 7 years left on his contract. It won't age well.
MaxBorjshlapsky liked this.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:38 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: SharkTank
You keep getting the 🌲 fired. 🤭

Parayko is 30 years old and has 7 years left on his contract. It won't age well.

I don't expect it to age well but Rielly is 29 with 7 years left as well...hey tank why don't you just let at least one of my post go without a shnarky remark for once heh?😳🤔

Jk.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:39 p.m.
Tank it baby
Quoting: MaxBorjshlapsky
I don't expect it to age well but Rielly is 29 with 7 years left as well...hey tank why don't you just let at least one of my post go without a shnarky remark for once heh?😳🤔

Jk.

Sure no problem. Didn't realize you were a Sensitivity Sally. 😉
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:42 p.m.
Impatient
I don't understand why the rush to trade Nylander. I'd let Willy play the season. He climbed over players to get his 40th. Imagine what he'll do to justify 10.5. No Reason Leafs couldn't match, if Willy says no, he was never going to say yes. Dump the silly clauses.
leafs101 liked this.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:42 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Sure no problem. Didn't realize you were a Sensitivity Sally. 😉

Lol staaaaaap 😭😭😭😭 I kid.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:47 p.m.
Tank it baby
Lol staaaaaap 😭😭😭😭 I kid.

Max, I'm currently being overwhelmed with Sensitive Sally's on CFACGM today. A Sens fan thinks Joseph has good trade value. A Pens fan thinks Tatar is signing with Pittsburgh on a PTO. A Stars fan thinks the Flames will trade for Ryan Suter. A Red Wings fan thinks young Kasper will be playing on the first line.

I need to take a break from CFACGM! 😁
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:48 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: GolfBall
I don't understand why the rush to trade Nylander. I'd let Willy play the season. He climbed over players to get his 40th. Imagine what he'll do to justify 10.5. No Reason Leafs couldn't match, if Willy says no, he was never going to say yes. Dump the silly clauses.

I would argue the rush is basically to get a big time defenseman and apparently I haven't seen it myself but I remembering hearing a report that tree didn't make a Nylander move specifically because a defenseman wasn't included.

You could say what was the rush to move Tkachuk instead of letting him play out his last season in Calgary.

My thing as well is Nylander held out until December to sign his last contract I think precedence tells you in that case he's not easy to deal with and he's been given an offer already and hasn't come to mutual terms on an extension offer.

The 6.9m he got last time was not an undercut considering his performance at that time..

Last point the team hasn't won anything with him being their third best player at best so I'm ok with making the move now and trying to win this season and avoiding considering Nylander long term

Sorry to be long winded there
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
People are getting mad at me when i Offer Nylander for Boeser Pearson Jurmo 2024 1ST and 3RD while these people are offering Nylander + Liljegren for PARAYKO. One of the most overrated D in the league.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 1:56 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Max, I'm currently being overwhelmed with Sensitive Sally's on CFACGM today. A Sens fan thinks Joseph has good trade value. A Pens fan thinks Tatar is signing with Pittsburgh on a PTO. A Stars fan thinks the Flames will trade for Ryan Suter. A Red Wings fan thinks young Kasper will be playing on the first line.

I need to take a break from CFACGM! 😁

Haha yeah there's no need to get worked up on here you got to have fun, I can tell the sad Sally's just by their post...I get wrecked on here but I still enjoy the banter...those moves you mentioned are just complete nonsense but you tell me I'm getting tree fired everyday so how much better am I haha no but mine are better than those ones...either way not going to effect my life, some folks get so offended by posts and then want to sling insults at back and forth if they're proven wrong...meh don't get too involved with obvious nonsense...unless it's my post come on in anytime tank lol
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Tank it baby
Haha yeah there's no need to get worked up on here you got to have fun, I can tell the sad Sally's just by their post...I get wrecked on here but I still enjoy the banter...those moves you mentioned are just complete nonsense but you tell me I'm getting tree fired everyday so how much better am I haha no but mine are better than those ones...either way not going to effect my life, some folks get so offended by posts and then want to sling insults at back and forth if they're proven wrong...meh don't get too involved with obvious nonsense...unless it's my post come on in anytime tank lol

What would you have me do? Talk about my ****ty Sharks? 🤣
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:03 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: future_gm
People are getting mad at me when i Offer Nylander for Boeser Pearson Jurmo 2024 1ST and 3RD while these people are offering Nylander + Liljegren for PARAYKO. One of the most overrated D in the league.

People are wreckless on here Nylander for boeser and picks alone is a real deal...boeser has term on less money like that's how the league works, Brock has been on the block for years and constantly felt like he just needed a change of environment just hold on to your opinions because it's worth most people don't have a clue what they're talking about that's why this is a fan site there are levels to this game.

I respect the opinion that parayko is overrated you can say that about a lot of players boeser gets that label all the time, it's all good. Not going to have a massive back and forth whether he is or not like Pietrangelo was told the same thing right before he went to Vegas even the first year or so there and even winning the cup the talk was swirling about that and I still wouldn't debate it my opinion is they are good and have always been because you can pick almost any true superstar and they have periods that they seem average what ever they are going through, Faulk had a couple troublesome years they tend to always return to form IMO most players are what they are..so I actually think parayko has never changed but in the early days he might have been over hyped and now overrated...he's not making 8,9,10M he's 6.5...i mean Myers got 6M at a time..it's whatever.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
We can’t afford to give Nylander 9m+
xercuses liked this.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
What would you have me do? Talk about my ****ty Sharks? 🤣

Dang that's rough, exactly no you got to do what you got to do I'm all for it, I enjoy hockey and talking about the whole sport so I'm with you.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: AC14

If you believe it then you will achieve it, don't think negative like that.

$2M more you can find it
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03

How do you guys get so many likes? Man people must hate what I have to say lol
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:13 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
The Calgary trade is bad for the Leafs. Seven years of 30 year Parayko....no thanks
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:20 p.m.
If you believe it then you will achieve it, don't think negative like that.

$2M more you can find it

It’s not 2m more. Liljegren can’t handle what Parayko is handling for us. And we still lack a top end LD. We’d essentially taking from our biggest area of need and adding to our biggest strength. Parayko and I guess Leddy after our last season are the only defenseman on our team who can handle defensive zone usage. It’s why Paraykos numbers have went to hell since Pietrangelo left. He’s not being used as a #1 he’s being used as an elite shutdown #1 with a fringe 2nd pairing defenseman as a partner ever since Bo had to retire.
mokumboi liked this.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:24 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Quoting: palhal
The Calgary trade is bad for the Leafs. Seven years of 30 year Parayko....no thanks

Why if we have 7 more of 29 yo Rielly?

I'm sure the next 5 will be stellar I think it would be worth it.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
It’s not 2m more. Liljegren can’t handle what Parayko is handling for us. And we still lack a top end LD. We’d essentially taking from our biggest area of need and adding to our biggest strength. Parayko and I guess Leddy after our last season are the only defenseman on our team who can handle defensive zone usage. It’s why Paraykos numbers have went to hell since Pietrangelo left. He’s not being used as a #1 he’s being used as an elite shutdown #1 with a fringe 2nd pairing defenseman as a partner ever since Bo had to retire.

Well the story of st Louis defenseman being on the trade block is always out there so I don't know what defenseman they would get in return it's usually about having to much money spent on the back end so this move helps them move the money to forwards more I'm sure they can still tweek and add to the defense going forward.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 2:59 p.m.
Well the story of st Louis defenseman being on the trade block is always out there so I don't know what defenseman they would get in return it's usually about having to much money spent on the back end so this move helps them move the money to forwards more I'm sure they can still tweek and add to the defense going forward.

Here’s what I’d imagine the order of wanting to move on the backend for the Blues is. Krug #1, Scandella 2, Leddy 3, Faulk 4, Parayko 5. Every person listed before a Parayko can be replaced in either UFA or through youth. There’s other ways to move money as opposed to moving the whole pillar of your defense.

The issue isn’t moving money out on the defense. In all reality our forward group looks pretty good. It should be an average to above average forward group we need to move money out on the backend to fix the backend. The pieces don’t mesh. They’re generally fairly good players, but they don’t mesh. The only one who can play defense is Parayko. If you’re moving him you may as well blow up the whole thing for 4-5 years, because it’s not very easy to move any of the other pieces.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 3:33 p.m.
Bulklav Jr.Star 03
Here’s what I’d imagine the order of wanting to move on the backend for the Blues is. Krug #1, Scandella 2, Leddy 3, Faulk 4, Parayko 5. Every person listed before a Parayko can be replaced in either UFA or through youth. There’s other ways to move money as opposed to moving the whole pillar of your defense.

The issue isn’t moving money out on the defense. In all reality our forward group looks pretty good. It should be an average to above average forward group we need to move money out on the backend to fix the backend. The pieces don’t mesh. They’re generally fairly good players, but they don’t mesh. The only one who can play defense is Parayko. If you’re moving him you may as well blow up the whole thing for 4-5 years, because it’s not very easy to move any of the other pieces.

Definitely agree with you and understand the points your making. I would have to say I'm going after Parayko because I think he's the blues best D and at good value also so we agree on that.

They added Hayes, vrana, Sundquist and have good forwards already there so they are thinking about contending that is for sure, comparing their top guys to the good teams it's hard to say if they are able to go against them but I think Nylander can only be moved for a top D so we'll see.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 3:51 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Definitely agree with you and understand the points your making. I would have to say I'm going after Parayko because I think he's the blues best D and at good value also so we agree on that.

They added Hayes, vrana, Sundquist and have good forwards already there so they are thinking about contending that is for sure, comparing their top guys to the good teams it's hard to say if they are able to go against them but I think Nylander can only be moved for a top D so we'll see.

I would argue that the Blues are "quietly rebuilding". They added those forwards for dirt cheap to replace ROR, Tarasenko, Barbashev, and Acciari but are likely more focused on a future with Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Bolduc, Dean, and Stenberg. If they could shed some contracts to start over on defense they absolutely would, but they can't so they're just letting things play out until another window of contention hopefully appears, probably in 3-4 years.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 7:25 p.m.
mokumboi
No. Still no. Forever no.
xercuses liked this.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 7:26 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: A_K
I would argue that the Blues are "quietly rebuilding". They added those forwards for dirt cheap to replace ROR, Tarasenko, Barbashev, and Acciari but are likely more focused on a future with Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Bolduc, Dean, and Stenberg. If they could shed some contracts to start over on defense they absolutely would, but they can't so they're just letting things play out until another window of contention hopefully appears, probably in 3-4 years.

Wow. Blues fans are so dedicated to being pessimistic they know completely erase Thomas and Kyrou from existence. It's not going to take 3-4 years, guys. Geez.
Aug. 18, 2023 at 8:52 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: mokumboi
Wow. Blues fans are so dedicated to being pessimistic they know completely erase Thomas and Kyrou from existence. It's not going to take 3-4 years, guys. Geez.

Forward group is passable but they can’t go anywhere with an aging swiss cheese defense. Not the most inspiring team build. I’m at the Show-Me stage with this roster. Do you really think they’re a playoff team, or more? I’d say it’s a long shot and that’s only bc the rest of the west is pretty meh right now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll