Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,500,000$83,151,667$0$5,050,000$348,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
UFA - 8
$4,200,000$4,200,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$1,550,000$2M)
C
RFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,875,000$5,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD
UFA - 8
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 28, 2023 at 6:41 p.m.
The Kings made it to the trade deadline in a playoff spot with worse goaltending (Quick. Petersen, and Copley), worse defense (no Gavrikov), and weaker center depth (no PLD) last season.

The whole point Blake made was running three top-6 lines and limiting shots so goaltending isn't as critical of an issue, losing Arvidsson and Kaliyev won't work.

LA will trade to improve at goal at the TDL, but they are trying Vegas' playbook, if you suppress shots and score more you win more games. If Talbot can put up above a .900 save percentage like Copley the Kings are in much better shape than they were last season.
V123 and Brolekb2b liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
Quoting: tryger
The Kings made it to the trade deadline in a playoff spot with worse goaltending (Quick. Petersen, and Copley), worse defense (no Gavrikov), and weaker center depth (no PLD) last season.

The whole point Blake made was running three top-6 lines and limiting shots so goaltending isn't as critical of an issue, losing Arvidsson and Kaliyev won't work.

LA will trade to improve at goal at the TDL, but they are trying Vegas' playbook, if you suppress shots and score more you win more games. If Talbot can put up above a .900 save percentage like Copley the Kings are in much better shape than they were last season.

Also why is Danault not at center?
V123 and PantsOffnJacket liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 6:43 p.m.
Vegas Repeat

Preach it buddy 👏👏👏 sure they may but the best tandem but look at Vegas. They also didn’t have the best tandem yet they still won the cup
tryger liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 7:25 p.m.
we love you carey
Also why is Danault not at center?

i prefer developing and letting turcotte play his natural position. maybe have dubois on the wing then. or danault 4c but doesnt make sens,
Aug. 28, 2023 at 7:36 p.m.
Quoting: habsrthebest
i prefer developing and letting turcotte play his natural position. maybe have dubois on the wing then. or danault 4c but doesnt make sens,

Turcotte needs to aim at taking over Lizotte's spot or his wing. The Kings are running Kopitar-Danault-PLD up the middle until a player takes it from them. I don't even think PLD get's 2C minutes out the gate, he'll need to take the role from Danault if he wants it. PLD, Kaliyev, and Fiala as our 3rd line will be a cheat code.

Turcotte will be given opportunities throughout the season (after they get some cap space), but even Vilardi couldn't beat out Lizotte for a center spot.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 9:40 p.m.
Preds accept
AEcho liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 9:46 p.m.

I understand that, but Talbot and Copley won't do it if they have real aspirations. They'll make playoffs, could definitely have 100 points again, but they simply need more in net to be serious threats in the playoffs. I've loved the way this team has been built and progressed the last couple years, and they have a potential top tier elite squad, but the tandem they have now will likely hold them back, even if they play good defensively and limit chances.

I understand Vegas just won the cup with Hill, but I wouldn't count on someone from this room stepping up like he did. I think if they made a move for Saros, they'd have a VERY good chance to be the best team in the west this year and one of the cup favorites. Obviously there would be questions past this year with money and everything. I'm just scared to see a seriously good and deep room of skaters and the back end of Kopitar's good years wasted if they don't have the balls to make a move.
habsrthebest liked this.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 10:05 p.m.
we love you carey
Quoting: Trevor31lv
I understand that, but Talbot and Copley won't do it if they have real aspirations. They'll make playoffs, could definitely have 100 points again, but they simply need more in net to be serious threats in the playoffs. I've loved the way this team has been built and progressed the last couple years, and they have a potential top tier elite squad, but the tandem they have now will likely hold them back, even if they play good defensively and limit chances.

I understand Vegas just won the cup with Hill, but I wouldn't count on someone from this room stepping up like he did. I think if they made a move for Saros, they'd have a VERY good chance to be the best team in the west this year and one of the cup favorites. Obviously there would be questions past this year with money and everything. I'm just scared to see a seriously good and deep room of skaters and the back end of Kopitar's good years wasted if they don't have the balls to make a move.

adin hill logan thompson laurent brossoit and jonathan quick is just 10x better than copley talbot and rittich.
Aug. 28, 2023 at 10:06 p.m.
we love you carey
Turcotte needs to aim at taking over Lizotte's spot or his wing. The Kings are running Kopitar-Danault-PLD up the middle until a player takes it from them. I don't even think PLD get's 2C minutes out the gate, he'll need to take the role from Danault if he wants it. PLD, Kaliyev, and Fiala as our 3rd line will be a cheat code.

Turcotte will be given opportunities throughout the season (after they get some cap space), but even Vilardi couldn't beat out Lizotte for a center spot.

bruh let turcotte play C. they cant do the same thing they did with byfield and put him on the wing. ruined his development.
Aug. 29, 2023 at 5:30 a.m.
They aren’t winning with Talbot but they will win with future vezina winner Pheonix Copley.
Aug. 29, 2023 at 9:47 a.m.
Quoting: habsrthebest
bruh let turcotte play C. they cant do the same thing they did with byfield and put him on the wing. ruined his development.

Do yourself a favor and look at one of Turcottes few games in the NHL, his injuries have slowed his development, he needs more time and started off against weaker competition.

I get that Turcotte is a 5th overall, but like Byfield and Vilardi these players had major injuries and rushing their development helps no one. To complicate this, Turcottes issues are concussion related, so patience is key with him. Danault is a huge part of LA and their future captain after Kopi retires, no way he doesn’t hold a center role, he’s never been more productive in his career until coming to LA at center.
Aug. 29, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
Quoting: Trevor31lv

Like I said, look for them to make a move at the trade deadline, having LA get their missing piece after the trade deadline was a huge boost last season. I expect them to do that again.

And keep in mind they’ve made big moves every season for the last three seasons: PLD this year, Fiala last year, Danault the year before.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll