Forums/Armchair-GM

Patrick Kane and bold lineup prediction

Created by: GhostGM92
Team: 2023-24 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 5, 2023
Published: Sep. 5, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If the Red Wings sign Patrick Kane I believe Lucas Raymond will start in the AHL this season. I also think Jonatan Berggren will start in the AHL either way as they both have two way contacts. Joe Veleno will be a healthy scratch a lot as they go with 7 dman and 11 forwards. Sprong had more goals than Raymond with less playing time last season so he won't be scratched. Kostin won't be scratched as they traded for him and signed him. Fabbri will play if healthy. Christian Fischer will probably play on the fourth line as they signed him. Rasmussen can play wing and center and was really good last season. I could see Yzerman waiting until after pre season to sign Kane if Raymond continues to struggle. Both him and Jonatan Berggren need to play well to earn a spot. They will have to earn it this year with all the depth they have now and because they have two way contacts.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$5,000,000
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$81,493,473$0$850,000$2,006,527
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$5,100,000$5,100,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$825,000$825,000
C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 3
$787,500$787,500
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 5, 2023 at 3:37 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Why would you start a 40+ point player in the AHL?
Why not give Raymond and berggren the chance to learn from Kane for a full season and even debrincat will help raise their game.

Detroit needs their youth to progress, not stunt their growth by playing them in the AHL which they have proven they are clearly to good for.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 3:56 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Dekes
Why would you start a 40+ point player in the AHL?
Why not give Raymond and berggren the chance to learn from Kane for a full season and even debrincat will help raise their game.

Detroit needs their youth to progress, not stunt their growth by playing them in the AHL which they have proven they are clearly to good for.

I think developing your prospects in the AHL where they can actually perform well is the best way to develop them. I really don't understand the hype with Jonatan Berggren. He started in the AHL last season and was called up only because of injuries. Yzerman then went out and signed a bunch of players. So I find it hard to believe that he's going to make the team regardless of if they sign Kane or not. Lucas Raymond really played terrible at the end of the season, this is not debatable. The pressure right now to win and to make the playoffs is real. Lucas Raymond has to play with Dylan Larkin or he's extremely bad defensively. I'm not a fan of this player because I watched every game he's ever played for the Red Wings. He's one of the most overrated prospects I've ever seen. He needs to get stronger and learn how to play with an edge because he doesn't most nights. His stats are not that good considering he was playing as many minutes as he was. But take a look at his plus minus. He's held up by Dylan Larkin and when he's not with him it is a disaster. If he didn't play on Dylan Larkin's line for an entire season I bet you he would be minus 50. The Red Wings can't afford to have a defensive liability right now like him. He needs to go play in the AHL and learn how to be better defensively. And he'll be able to be on the top power play where I don't think he will on the Red Wings. This would be beneficial for him because if he does play on the Red Wings and he continues to stink that's really bad for his development.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 4:38 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: GhostGM92
I think developing your prospects in the AHL where they can actually perform well is the best way to develop them. I really don't understand the hype with Jonatan Berggren. He started in the AHL last season and was called up only because of injuries. Yzerman then went out and signed a bunch of players. So I find it hard to believe that he's going to make the team regardless of if they sign Kane or not. Lucas Raymond really played terrible at the end of the season, this is not debatable. The pressure right now to win and to make the playoffs is real. Lucas Raymond has to play with Dylan Larkin or he's extremely bad defensively. I'm not a fan of this player because I watched every game he's ever played for the Red Wings. He's one of the most overrated prospects I've ever seen. He needs to get stronger and learn how to play with an edge because he doesn't most nights. His stats are not that good considering he was playing as many minutes as he was. But take a look at his plus minus. He's held up by Dylan Larkin and when he's not with him it is a disaster. If he didn't play on Dylan Larkin's line for an entire season I bet you he would be minus 50. The Red Wings can't afford to have a defensive liability right now like him. He needs to go play in the AHL and learn how to be better defensively. And he'll be able to be on the top power play where I don't think he will on the Red Wings. This would be beneficial for him because if he does play on the Red Wings and he continues to stink that's really bad for his development.

Lots to take on here but one thing I noticed you say was Raymond’s defence.
Do you know who Patrick Kane is??? He has been one of the worst forwards defensively for the last 5-6 years.

Kane isn’t who he once was he’s injury prone and not as athletic as he was before. Kane has his offensive IQ and passing and that’s about it, would still make more sense to allow Raymond to get the big minutes and develop alongside star players, look at what happened to kakko and laffy when rags sheltered them to much.

I think you are overthinking Raymond’s sophomore slump on a terrible Detroit team way to much, I don’t see you mentioning much about Seiders Sophmore slump. Seider was terrible to start the year, it wasn’t till he was partnered with Walman rather then chariot that he found his game again.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 4:42 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: GhostGM92

Also wouldn’t call berggren playing 67 games “filling in” for injuries he clearly earned his spot to play last season. 28 points aswell Is pretty solid given he only play 13 minutes a night
Sep. 5, 2023 at 7:14 a.m.
Kane is hurt, no? So he wouldn't even start the season himself.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 7:26 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: NJDevils1317
Kane is hurt, no? So he wouldn't even start the season himself.

Apparently he's pretty much ready to go and feeling good
Sep. 5, 2023 at 7:27 a.m.
Banned
Also wouldn’t call berggren playing 67 games “filling in” for injuries he clearly earned his spot to play last season. 28 points aswell Is pretty solid given he only play 13 minutes a night

He was filling in for injuries, they never had a full healthy lineup and they traded players away too. They signed players in free agency to replace them and made a few trades. I don't see Jonatan Berggren making this lineup to start the season if healthy.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 7:33 a.m.
Banned
Do you know who Patrick Kane is??? He has been one of the worst forwards defensively for the last 5-6 years.

Kane isn’t who he once was he’s injury prone and not as athletic as he was before. Kane has his offensive IQ and passing and that’s about it, would still make more sense to allow Raymond to get the big minutes and develop alongside star players, look at what happened to kakko and laffy when rags sheltered them to much.

I think you are overthinking Raymond’s sophomore slump on a terrible Detroit team way to much, I don’t see you mentioning much about Seiders Sophmore slump. Seider was terrible to start the year, it wasn’t till he was partnered with Walman rather then chariot that he found his game again.

I didn't mention Moritz Seider's early struggles cus that was because of Ben Chiarot. Everyone knows that and Moritz Seider looked good after that so no worries. Ben Chiarot will either be the seventh dman, a healthy scratch or traded. Kane if healthy is much better defensively by just being much better offensively. Red Wings were actually pretty competitive until the midway point and lost some important games to Ottawa because they were too soft. They traded players away and stopped playing good hockey after that. I think they got a bit tougher just by trading for Kostin.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 8:54 a.m.
exo2769

Woah woah woah. Injury Prone? He missed his 1st games due to injury since 2015. Testing positive for covid isn't an injury.

But If I were a DRW fan I understand where you're coming from. Raymond just might not truly be ready for that kind of pressure. Yzerman does do some 4-D chess though. I could see him bringing in Kane to help Raymond, BUT also secretly showing him why the mega contracts isn't available yet. Gotta prove it which he wouldn't have done.
GhostGM92 liked this.
Sep. 5, 2023 at 10:36 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: exo2769
Woah woah woah. Injury Prone? He missed his 1st games due to injury since 2015. Testing positive for covid isn't an injury.

But If I were a DRW fan I understand where you're coming from. Raymond just might not truly be ready for that kind of pressure. Yzerman does do some 4-D chess though. I could see him bringing in Kane to help Raymond, BUT also secretly showing him why the mega contracts isn't available yet. Gotta prove it which he wouldn't have done.

You are mixing up Kane and Toews.

Kane literally said he has been playing with an injury for the last 2 seasons and is gonna miss some time this season due to surgery
Sep. 5, 2023 at 10:45 a.m.
exo2769
You are mixing up Kane and Toews.

Kane literally said he has been playing with an injury for the last 2 seasons and is gonna miss some time this season due to surgery

Definitely not mixing up Kane / Toews. Toews doesn't have a team right now because he's taking time away from the game to get healthy. Maybe YOU'RE mixing up Toews/Kane. All players have dings and knicks. They play through them...just like Kaner's done. The reason Kaner's popped up recently in the news is because he's well ahead of pace and tracking for the season opener. It's not guaranteed, but it's looking good.

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nhl/chicago-blackhawks/kane-to-miss-game-with-injury-for-first-time-since-2015/342194/
Sep. 5, 2023 at 12:45 p.m.
Raymond was third on the team in points the last two years running and is still only 21 for most of this season. He doesn't need to go to Grand Rapids to succeed. Who else needs to play well to earn a spot? Larkin? DeBrincat? Seider? After those three, it would be hard to argue anyone else is more secure in the knowledge they will be on the opening night roster if healthy. I could see Berggren being sent down due to logjam and wanting to see him get lots of minutues, and out of the two, he needs more work on his play away from the puck. This team is looking to compete for a playoff spot in a competitive conference with probably less than even odds of sneaking in. You don't do that by sending down one of your best players.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll