SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

If I see another Zegras Montreal post I am going to do absolutely nothing

Created by: GrittyGucci
Published: Sep. 27, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because one of the teams exceeds the 23 player roster limit

Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Vaakanainen, UrhoAnaheim DucksNHL-$845,430011---0000--
Zegras, TrevorAnaheim DucksNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dvorak, ChristianMontreal CanadiensNHL-$4,426,075011---0000--
Dach, KirbyMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,344,422011---0000--
Harris, JordanWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,392,473011---0000--
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$16,635,8332241613912
Change-$8,317,540121100
Final$8,318,293 (↓)23 (↑)43 (↑)62 (↑)4 (↑)912000

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Dvorak, ChristianMontreal CanadiensNHL-$4,426,075011---0000--
Dach, KirbyMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,344,422011---0000--
Harris, JordanWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,392,473011---0000--
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Vaakanainen, UrhoAnaheim DucksNHL-$845,430011---0000--
Zegras, TrevorAnaheim DucksNHL-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial-$6,177,9162746734916
Change$8,317,540-1-2-1-100
Final$2,139,624 (↑)26 (↓)44 (↓)72 (↓)3 (↓)916000
Sep. 27, 2023 at 9:33 a.m.
I’ll keep Kirby Dach and the 1st, thanks though.
SMH liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:20 a.m.
Quoting: Dom1422
I’ll keep Kirby Dach and the 1st, thanks though.

Wasn't really a legitimate trade. I just don't see why habs fans on here should target zegras. It makes no sense considering you have a possible young center core of Suzuki, Dach, and Newhook. Giving up any future asset just seems a slap in the face on what Hughes is building.
Dom1422 liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: GrittyGucci
Wasn't really a legitimate trade. I just don't see why habs fans on here should target zegras. It makes no sense considering you have a possible young center core of Suzuki, Dach, and Newhook. Giving up any future asset just seems a slap in the face on what Hughes is building.

Because all of our players suck but everyone else’s are great, didn’t you know that?

Zegras is so overrated it’s insane. I’d take him on the Habs, but I’m not giving up nhlers. They can have picks and prospects. Zegras has a lot of work to do before he becomes a legitimate top liner. Highlights alone aren’t going to do it. Needs to care about every facet of the game. He doesn’t even play when he doesn’t have the puck. Maybe he does figure that out, but if we’re taking that gamble, Anaheim can take back futures which is also a gamble. Anaheim doesn’t even want to commit to him. That tells you everything you need to know.
GrittyGucci liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:29 a.m.
Further proof Habs fans are insane.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:35 a.m.
Quoting: MoxNix

This was created by a Flyers fan.

This was created by a Flyers fan. Man I thought Flames fans were knowledgeable… You watched a highlight video and think Zegras is the next best thing lol. Anaheim doesn’t even think he’s as good as you think he is. Casual.
GrittyGucci and Dadoudelidou liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:35 a.m.
Because all of our players suck but everyone else’s are great, didn’t you know that?

Zegras is so overrated it’s insane. I’d take him on the Habs, but I’m not giving up nhlers. They can have picks and prospects. Zegras has a lot of work to do before he becomes a legitimate top liner. Highlights alone aren’t going to do it. Needs to care about every facet of the game. He doesn’t even play when he doesn’t have the puck. Maybe he does figure that out, but if we’re taking that gamble, Anaheim can take back futures which is also a gamble. Anaheim doesn’t even want to commit to him. That tells you everything you need to know.

lmao, I genuinely believe the habs will be solid in a short span here with the young guns they have.

In regards of Zegras, I definitely agree he's not a bone-a-fide top liner yet, but it's to the point, especially what I have seen recently where he's getting undervalued or over hated on what he is. He going to a top line guy, it's just time and with the ducks slowly transitioning out with this young core, his play will improve. He's career high his 60, with his offensive potential, he'll easy eclipse it.
MoxNix liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:39 a.m.

It's like every other flyer fan and a pinto trade. For the cost it makes no sense.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:41 a.m.
lmao, I genuinely believe the habs will be solid in a short span here with the young guns they have.

In regards of Zegras, I definitely agree he's not a bone-a-fide top liner yet, but it's to the point, especially what I have seen recently where he's getting undervalued or over hated on what he is. He going to a top line guy, it's just time and with the ducks slowly transitioning out with this young core, his play will improve. He's career high his 60, with his offensive potential, he'll easy eclipse it.

I agree, he’s either worth 3 1st round picks or he’s worth Dvorak, Anderson and a 2nd lol. Reality is in the middle. He’s worth probably the equivalent of one top 10 pick and a good prospect.

I disagree when you say he “will be a top line player” because if that were so obvious Anaheim would be locking him up to an 8 year deal right now. They’re not convinced. Obviously he has the talent to be one right now, but like I said, he doesn’t even play hockey when he doesn’t have the puck. Not just defense, anything at all. He is a negative to the team when he doesn’t have the puck. That has to change which is why they’re bridging him. It’s basically a : prove you will improve in other areas before we commit to you… They’re not convinced.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:46 a.m.
This was created by a Flyers fan.

This was created by a Flyers fan. Man I thought Flames fans were knowledgeable… You watched a highlight video and think Zegras is the next best thing lol. Anaheim doesn’t even think he’s as good as you think he is. Casual.

Yes it's the Habs fan comments I was referring to. You all think Nick Suzicki is worth a lot but don't realize Zegras playing for the worst team in the league has better stats than Suzucki did at the same stage of his career.

As far as this Flames fan is concerned they're both overrated but that doesn't mean either one will be traded for trash.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:47 a.m.
I agree, he’s either worth 3 1st round picks or he’s worth Dvorak, Anderson and a 2nd lol. Reality is in the middle. He’s worth probably the equivalent of one top 10 pick and a good prospect.

I disagree when you say he “will be a top line player” because if that were so obvious Anaheim would be locking him up to an 8 year deal right now. They’re not convinced. Obviously he has the talent to be one right now, but like I said, he doesn’t even play hockey when he doesn’t have the puck. Not just defense, anything at all. He is a negative to the team when he doesn’t have the puck. That has to change which is why they’re bridging him. It’s basically a : prove you will improve in other areas before we commit to you… They’re not convinced.

I agree that he's a dud on defense, but (although they are NOT the same level), you have guys like Ovechkin, Kane, Panarin who are offensive juggernauts and nothing more. They do not have to be convinced on what he could be now, then do a bridge deal, which is the likely outcome. He's not a 3-mil player, rather I would think he's more in the range of 5-6. He's proved enough that he can contribute to the club, it's just an insult to the player in a situation that easily could have been avoided. It's just hurting them now and in the long run if this is how they want to treat their young players.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:52 a.m.
Yes it's the Habs fan comments I was referring to. You all think Nick Suzicki is worth a lot but don't realize Zegras playing for the worst team in the league has better stats than Suzucki did at the same stage of his career.

As far as this Flames fan is concerned they're both overrated but that doesn't mean either one will be traded for trash.

In what world is a top 10 pick and Kirby Dach trash? You need to learn puck.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
I agree that he's a dud on defense, but (although they are NOT the same level), you have guys like Ovechkin, Kane, Panarin who are offensive juggernauts and nothing more. They do not have to be convinced on what he could be now, then do a bridge deal, which is the likely outcome. He's not a 3-mil player, rather I would think he's more in the range of 5-6. He's proved enough that he can contribute to the club, it's just an insult to the player in a situation that easily could have been avoided. It's just hurting them now and in the long run if this is how they want to treat their young players.

I specifically said not only defense. What do you think players do when they don’t have the puck in the neutral zone and in the offensive zone? He does nothing. He floats and waits for the puck to end up back on his stick so that he can attempt another goal that will end up on sportscenter. He hurts his team. All of those guys work to get the puck back, and they at least try in the defensive end.

But there is obviously a lot of good with him and he’s young with a chance to improve, that’s why I’m suggesting trading a top 10 pick plus good prospect plus.. but he’s not worth multiple top 10 picks and Guhle or Dach… that’s ridiculous.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 11:01 a.m.
I specifically said not only defense. What do you think players do when they don’t have the puck in the neutral zone and in the offensive zone? He does nothing. He floats and waits for the puck to end up back on his stick so that he can attempt another goal that will end up on sportscenter. He hurts his team. All of those guys work to get the puck back, and they at least try in the defensive end.

I read it as Defense my bad. I also can't say I watched a ton of ducks hockey, which just sounds like torture this past year. I just do not agree he's a negative asset. If he was truly negative, some team would've already traded for him and give him a stab on their own roster.
MoxNix liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
In what world is a top 10 pick and Kirby Dach trash? You need to learn puck.

As I said I'm referring to Habs fan comments. Habs proposals for Zegras are all lowball.

Would you trade Nick Suzuki away for a pick 2 summers from now that probably won't be top 10 and Kirby Dach?
Sep. 27, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Edited Sep. 27, 2023 at 11:16 a.m.
I read it as Defense my bad. I also can't say I watched a ton of ducks hockey, which just sounds like torture this past year. I just do not agree he's a negative asset. If he was truly negative, some team would've already traded for him and give him a stab on their own roster.

He’s not a negative asset, I wouldn’t suggest trading a top 10 pick and good prospect for a negative asset. He is elite with the puck and bad everywhere else. That’s why he is not worth what some of these posters suggest he is worth, which seems to be two top 10 picks and one of Guhle or Dach. That is absolutely insane. Hell this Calgary fan just said you were insane for suggesting 2025 1st rounder, Dach and Harris for Zegras… he thinks that isn’t enough to get him which it obviously is. People overrate him is my point.
GrittyGucci liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 11:07 a.m.
As I said I'm referring to Habs fan comments. Would you trade Nick Suzuki away for a pick 2 summers from now that probably won't be top 10 and Kirby Dach?

If he was as terrible as Zegras is away from the puck, yeah I would in a heart beat. Value wise, that is a steal. But see there is a difference. Habs are happy with Suzuki. Ducks aren’t happy with Zegras.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 11:12 a.m.
If he was as terrible as Zegras is away from the puck, yeah I would in a heart beat. Value wise, that is a steal. But see there is a difference. Habs are happy with Suzuki. Ducks aren’t happy with Zegras.

Nobody said the Ducks aren't happy with Zegras. It's just contract negotiations with an RFA who isn't even arbitration eligible.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 11:19 a.m.
Nobody said the Ducks aren't happy with Zegras. It's just contract negotiations with an RFA who isn't even arbitration eligible.

This isn’t just typical contract negotiations.. they want to bridge him. That means they’re not convinced he’s worth committing long term to… That means they’re not satisfied with his play. If they were, then bridging him would be stupid, then you will have to pay him even more if he puts up a 80-90 point season. They’re not convinced that he’s going to start playing better away from the puck.

You only bridge a player if you’re not satisfied, there is not a single other reason for doing it
Sep. 27, 2023 at 1:14 p.m.
His numbers are equal to if not better than Suzuki so start there. Also he is two years younger.
Otherwise you can keep fantasizing all you want.
MoxNix liked this.
Sep. 27, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
Quoting: Enz22
His numbers are equal to if not better than Suzuki so start there. Also he is two years younger.
Otherwise you can keep fantasizing all you want.

“His numbers” as in point totals? You think the Ducks are just looking at point totals? If they were they would be locking him up long term, yet they’re not.. because they know he isn’t as good as you think he is. He’s only good when he has the puck. When he doesn’t he is a net negative to the team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll