Opening Night Roster

Created by: Garak
Team: 2023-24 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 3, 2023
Published: Oct. 3, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
-Give Korchinski some regular season games before sending him back to junior

-Entwistle should be the 13th forward. Between Enty, Johnson, and Katchouk, I think I'd be the most upset if Enty were claimed off waivers by another team.

-Claim JBD off waivers. Waive Zaitsev or scratch him, doesn't really matter, IMO. Greg Boysen would say "let's stop suggesting CHI claim every RHD that is on waivers", and to that I say shut up, Greg. JBD isn't just ANY RHD, either.

-Blackwell and Savoie on IR.

-I would like to see more of Raddysh on the top line with Bedard and Hall, but I really liked the Johnson-Guttman-Raddysh line last season. So, I'm glad they are sticking with that.
Trades
OTT
    *Waiver Claim
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    Recapture Fees
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the LAK
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the DAL
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the CHI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$83,500,000$69,310,957$0$6,685,000$14,189,043
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
    C
    RFA - 3
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $758,333$758,333
    RW
    RFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,650,000$2,650,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$325,000$325K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $4,400,000$4,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $962,500$962,500
    G
    RFA - 2
    $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $805,000$805,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $878,333$878,333 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
    LW
    RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 9:11 a.m.
    Yep. This seems like the likely lineup to start the season. Really hope your take on Korchinski is what happens. He's not ready for a full season of NHL hockey yet. Entwistle has looked better than Boris or Reece in the pre-season games, but can't help but feel Blackwell ends up being the extra F since he's the vet and Davidson signed him as a UFA. And really hope Hawks claim JBD. Much like Thomson, it's a low risk/high reward move. He certainly can't be any worse than Zaitsev.
    exo2769 and Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 9:22 a.m.
    exo2769
    100% agreed with all of this. I don't understand Greg's comment at all. If it's towards Lassi specifically, ok fine. Maybe KD didn't think Lassi specifically was the best RD potentially available...which we don't know because ANA was ahead in the waiver wire, BUT KD's comments himself are that he'll look toward the waiver wire like last year with Tinordi. RD is an area of weakness so we should be looking at all RD available. Looking doesn't mean buying. But we 100% should be looking at all RD on the waiver. JBD has term too! We need to be putting in a claim for sure.
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 10:35 a.m.
    Quoting: exo2769
    100% agreed with all of this. I don't understand Greg's comment at all. If it's towards Lassi specifically, ok fine. Maybe KD didn't think Lassi specifically was the best RD potentially available...which we don't know because ANA was ahead in the waiver wire, BUT KD's comments himself are that he'll look toward the waiver wire like last year with Tinordi. RD is an area of weakness so we should be looking at all RD available. Looking doesn't mean buying. But we 100% should be looking at all RD on the waiver. JBD has term too! We need to be putting in a claim for sure.

Yeah. Overall, Greg seems like a decent guy, but when it comes to Blackhawks related comments and opinions, he bugs the crap out of me most of the time. JBD is still a young promising RD whose only fault at this point in his development is that he isn't waiver exempt. There is no reason for CHI to play anyone over JBD in that 3RD spot, if we have the opportunity to claim him.
    exo2769 liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 10:43 a.m.
    Ottawa continues to be the farm team for the NHL, that's what happens when you either have an awful owner, awful GM, or both.

I was hoping that Andlauer would can him to the moon as soon as he took control of the team but it hasn't been happening so clearly a deep long analysis hasn't been done, which is worrying when someone invests a ****ing billion

All that to say, I hope JBD falls to you, but maybe it's not even over, Dorion might just give you Joseph with a 2nd as well. Some might say it's not enough but you'd see, you'd love Joseph and he'd bring good stuff to your team
    exo2769 and Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 11:07 a.m.
    Quoting: Xspyrit
    Ottawa continues to be the farm team for the NHL, that's what happens when you either have an awful owner, awful GM, or both.

I was hoping that Andlauer would can him to the moon as soon as he took control of the team but it hasn't been happening so clearly a deep long analysis hasn't been done, which is worrying when someone invests a ****ing billion

All that to say, I hope JBD falls to you, but maybe it's not even over, Dorion might just give you Joseph with a 2nd as well. Some might say it's not enough but you'd see, you'd love Joseph and he'd bring good stuff to your team

Yeah. It feels like Dorion is just trying to get fired at this point. Andlauer/Staios need to move quickly with this. Losing both Lassi and JBD on waivers and paying a team to take Joseph so that he can pay Pinto when that situation should have been handled a LONG time ago all in one preseason should be the final nails in the coffin for Dorion. I still firmly believe OTT is salvageable, though. All hope is not lost. They just gotta get him out of there before all their depth and picks are gone.
    Xspyrit liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.
    Quoting: Garak
    Yeah. Overall, Greg seems like a decent guy, but when it comes to Blackhawks related comments and opinions, he bugs the crap out of me most of the time. JBD is still a young promising RD whose only fault at this point in his development is that he isn't waiver exempt. There is no reason for CHI to play anyone over JBD in that 3RD spot, if we have the opportunity to claim him.

Tbh, the CHGO guys aren't the greatest. Even Zawaski has his occasional lapses. It's nice to have more eyes on the Hawks and they're entertaining at times but I put very little weight into their opinions.
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 11:41 a.m.
    Quoting: Turbo
    Tbh, the CHGO guys aren't the greatest. Even Zawaski has his occasional lapses. It's nice to have more eyes on the Hawks and they're entertaining at times but I put very little weight into their opinions.

Yeah. For sure. They are much more like fans than journalists. Which is fun and they seem like good dudes, but I do not consider them authorities on the Blackhawks in any way shape or form. I'm glad we have guys like Laz and Powers on the beat, guys who are legit sports writers and aren't even really fans of the Blackhawks, so we get an unbiased view.
    Turbo liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 11:58 a.m.
    Yeah. It feels like Dorion is just trying to get fired at this point. Andlauer/Staios need to move quickly with this. Losing both Lassi and JBD on waivers and paying a team to take Joseph so that he can pay Pinto when that situation should have been handled a LONG time ago all in one preseason should be the final nails in the coffin for Dorion. I still firmly believe OTT is salvageable, though. All hope is not lost. They just gotta get him out of there before all their depth and picks are gone.

In this day and age, you can't afford to have an impulsive mad gambler as your GM

3 prospects on waivers is not even a big blow compared to all the damage he's done. His defenders will always point to "but the team is young and locked up".

Sure, but if you have 2 millions in the bank and suddenly piss away 1 million, you're still a millionaire but certainly not as rich
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 1:28 p.m.
    I missed you calling out Greg in the description the first time. After he said that I felt the urge to suggest claiming every player in the chat just to troll him.
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 1:39 p.m.
    Quoting: YeahRighttt
    I missed you calling out Greg in the description the first time. After he said that I felt the urge to suggest claiming every player in the chat just to troll him.

haha. right? He gets on this high horse like he is an authority or the voice of reason, sometimes, and it gets on my nerves. I don't want to claim EVERY RD, but there are definitely a few I wouldn't mind CHI attempting to.
    YeahRighttt liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 1:44 p.m.
    Jay can get a little holier than thou as well at times.
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 1:47 p.m.

Yeah. Him too. But, again, what they do is still kinda fun, even if they are mostly just fanboys. Plus, I like yelling at the screen when I hear them say something dumb. haha
    YeahRighttt liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 2:16 p.m.
    Quoting: Hawksguy81
    Yep. This seems like the likely lineup to start the season. Really hope your take on Korchinski is what happens. He's not ready for a full season of NHL hockey yet. Entwistle has looked better than Boris or Reece in the pre-season games, but can't help but feel Blackwell ends up being the extra F since he's the vet and Davidson signed him as a UFA. And really hope Hawks claim JBD. Much like Thomson, it's a low risk/high reward move. He certainly can't be any worse than Zaitsev.

Quoting: Xspyrit

Looks like the whole thing was just an early leak, because he is on today's waiver's not yesterdays. That's why we didn't see anything about it in announcements yesterday or on capfriendly. I wonder who leaked it... Probably someone who wants Dorion's job.
    Xspyrit and exo2769 liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 2:32 p.m.
    I like listening to them because I live in Buffalo so no one around me wants to talk about the Hawks, but sometimes have to turn it off when they get lectury. We all have opinions. Opinions are not facts.
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 2:35 p.m.
    I like listening to them because I live in Buffalo so no one around me wants to talk about the Hawks, but sometimes have to turn it off when they get lectury. We all have opinions. Opinions are not facts.

For sure. Same here, but I am up in New Hampshire an hour or so north of Boston. If I bring up the Hawks or CHI out here you can feel it in the air how butt hurt Bruins fans still are over 2013. Are you a BUF fan too? I grew up in the CHI area but my dad is from BUF, so I've always had a soft spot for the Sabres.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 2:38 p.m.
    For sure. Same here, but I am up in New Hampshire an hour or so north of Boston. If I bring up the Hawks or CHI out here you can feel it in the air how butt hurt Bruins fans still are over 2013. Are you a BUF fan too? I grew up in the CHI area but my dad is from BUF, so I've always had a soft spot for the Sabres.

Not really, there is a bit of arrogance to a lot of Sabres fans. I’m sure that is how it is everywhere, but I have to deal with it every time I go to see a game
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
    Not really, there is a bit of arrogance to a lot of Sabres fans. I’m sure that is how it is everywhere, but I have to deal with it every time I go to see a game

Oh. I didn't know that. Most of the ones on here seem alright, though. In CHI, there are lots of fans of the Blackhawks, but they are generally secondary to other sports. So, there isn't a lot of arrogance, mostly casual fans. Not sure how it is out there now, though, after the last few years.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 5:45 p.m.
    exo2769
    Looks like the whole thing was just an early leak, because he is on today's waiver's not yesterdays. That's why we didn't see anything about it in announcements yesterday or on capfriendly. I wonder who leaked it... Probably someone who wants Dorion's job.

Happened with Lassi too. Not 100% sure, but I guess maybe leak it on purpose incase someone will come calling with a 7th or something minor?
    Garak liked this.
    Oct. 3, 2023 at 5:54 p.m.
    Happened with Lassi too. Not 100% sure, but I guess maybe leak it on purpose incase someone will come calling with a 7th or something minor?

Yeah. Could be.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll