NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, C
RFA
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$525,000$525K)
RW
RFA - 2
$886,667$886,667
C, LW
RFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
RFA
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6
$11,250,000$11,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
G
RFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$4,050,000$4,050,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 3, 2023 at 10:35 p.m.
As a Caps fan, I think the value is fine, the issue is I can't see the Caps ever doing this unless things get really really dire.
Oct. 3, 2023 at 11:47 p.m.
Banned
I think the Sabres are overpaying here
Don’t think either of those players from WASH is worth a 1st
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:35 a.m.
Edited Oct. 4, 2023 at 9:48 a.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
As a Caps fan, I think the value is fine, the issue is I can't see the Caps ever doing this unless things get really really dire.
I would think the Capitals would jump all over this trade.
Jensen did not play an NHL game until he was 26 yo, yet his first four seasons (278 gm, 4 go, 50 pts) are remarkably similar to Jokiharju's first five seasons (273 gm, 13 go, 67 pts) before he reached 24 yo.
Not sure of Kuemper's value but a first is certainly ample.
Washington wins this trade by a very wide margin.

Quoting: AntiAnalytics
I think the Sabres are overpaying here
Don’t think either of those players from WASH is worth a 1st

If I am Buffalo, I would keep Jokiharju over Jensen as Henri is younger, less expensive and has higher a ceiling than Nick.
Probably would pass on Darcy Kuemper as well due to his age cap hit and length of contract.

Let me remind you @Ihopeigetit when you envisions trades with the Sabres.
The team is composed of drafted players Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Luukkonen, Girgensons, Olofsson, Mittelstadt, Bryson etc.
Young players who came to Buffalo as prospects and did not make an impression of their previous team Jokiharju, Krebs, Thompson, Levi.
Players who have a connection to another player or coach, Okposo, Stillman, Clifton, Erik Johnson, Greenway.
Fringe players Comrie, Jost.
Players who want to play in Buffalo Tuch, Okposo, Skinner.
I really doubt Jenson or Kuemper fit any of those categories.
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 1:37 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
Jensen did not play an NHL game until he was 26 yo, yet his first four seasons (278 gm, 4 go, 50 pts) are remarkably similar to Jokiharju's first five seasons (273 gm, 13 go, 67 pts) before he reached 24 yo.

Not really. Jensen isn't an offensive defensemen, so looking at his points doesn't really paint the whole picture. He's a top tier defensive defensemen who would be the perfect partner Dahlin. And him not playing NHL until he's 26 is a good thing, it means he has less wear and tear on him.

The way I see it is Jensen for 1st+Neuchev and Kuemper (with retention) for UPL+Joki
Oct. 4, 2023 at 2:01 p.m.
Banned

If I am Buffalo, I would keep Jokiharju over Jensen as Henri is younger, less expensive and has higher a ceiling than Nick.
Probably would pass on Darcy Kuemper as well due to his age cap hit and length of contract.

Let me remind you Ihopeigetit when you envisions trades with the Sabres.
The team is composed of drafted players Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Luukkonen, Girgensons, Olofsson, Mittelstadt, Bryson etc.
Young players who came to Buffalo as prospects and did not make an impression of their previous team Jokiharju, Krebs, Thompson, Levi.
Players who have a connection to another player or coach, Okposo, Stillman, Clifton, Erik Johnson, Greenway.

To be fair,
Kuemper & Jensen could both help us
I’m just not gonna want us to OVERPAY to get a player like that
Oct. 4, 2023 at 3:07 p.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Not really. Jensen isn't an offensive defensemen, so looking at his points doesn't really paint the whole picture. He's a top tier defensive defensemen who would be the perfect partner Dahlin. And him not playing NHL until he's 26 is a good thing, it means he has less wear and tear on him.

The way I see it is Jensen for 1st+Neuchev and Kuemper (with retention) for UPL+Joki
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
To be fair,
Kuemper & Jensen could both help us
I’m just not gonna want us to OVERPAY to get a player like that

Great comments, it is refreshing to have a civil discussion on CF.
It appears It would have been appropriate to mention Jenson and Kuemper would upgrade the Sabre roster.
Please go back and read my primary reasons for saying no.
Age, AVV and length of contracts.
On the other hand, I will stand on my comment that Henri has a higher ceiling than Nick, especially considering he is 24 v 33.
Henri is entering his best years.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 3:59 p.m.
get-it

Let me remind you Ihopeigetit when you envisions trades with the Sabres.

1. That's a good point about Joker. I didn't really think of that comparison in terms of points and I'm surprised he hasn't really played that many games tbh. I just thought Jensen was better defensively and would make our defence more well rounded. Maybe his age would provide leadership even though he maybe doesn't have as many reps as a normal "vet"

2. I hadn't thought about that in terms of the roster KA has built but it makes me like the sabres a hell of a lot more actually. What he has certainly built and allowed for is comradery. I do agree with your sentiment overall that IF YOU HAVE THE CHOICE, then KA should continue to build a roster of players like you are suggesting. But if not, and the above offer is made to KA, then, in KA's own words, if it makes them better they would have to consider it. Keumper has won a cup, and is certainly an upgrade to UPL in net so I stand by acquiring him. I suppose though, Keumper would fall in the category of having a connection to the team as he won a cup w/ Johnson... I guess Im not convinced anymore that Jensen is that much of an upgrade and plus he has the 4 mil cap hit...
Oct. 4, 2023 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: Ihopeigetit
1. That's a good point about Joker. I didn't really think of that comparison in terms of points and I'm surprised he hasn't really played that many games tbh. I just thought Jensen was better defensively and would make our defence more well rounded. Maybe his age would provide leadership even though he maybe doesn't have as many reps as a normal "vet"

2. I hadn't thought about that in terms of the roster KA has built but it makes me like the sabres a hell of a lot more actually. What he has certainly built and allowed for is comradery. I do agree with your sentiment overall that IF YOU HAVE THE CHOICE, then KA should continue to build a roster of players like you are suggesting. But if not, and the above offer is made to KA, then, in KA's own words, if it makes them better they would have to consider it. Keumper has won a cup, and is certainly an upgrade to UPL in net so I stand by acquiring him. I suppose though, Keumper would fall in the category of having a connection to the team as he won a cup w/ Johnson... I guess Im not convinced anymore that Jensen is that much of an upgrade and plus he has the 4 mil cap hit...

Thank you very much for the feedback and recognizing the importance of camaraderie.
This is not the first time I have posted this information about the make up of the team, but it the first time someone has understood its importance.

This is how to build a team of players who want to be in Buffalo.
My hope is players as Dahlin and Power will accept slightly lower contracts as Cozens and Thompson have to continue that.
If they can, they will not be a TML team with 4 players consuming half of the cap space.
Oct. 4, 2023 at 5:17 p.m.
Banned
Great comments, it is refreshing to have a civil discussion on CF.
It appears It would have been appropriate to mention Jenson and Kuemper would upgrade the Sabre roster.
Please go back and read my primary reasons for saying no.
Age, AVV and length of contracts.
On the other hand, I will stand on my comment that Henri has a higher ceiling than Nick, especially considering he is 24 v 33.
Henri is entering his best years.

I like Jokiharju,
he’s been mostly good when healthy & with a good partner
If it stays him & Power together, I’m interested to see how that goes

But just bc he (might) have a higher ceiling,
it doesn’t mean Jensen- or someone else- can’t be more of a help for the next year or 2 or 3
Jokiharju is young, & i do still wanna see him develop

But he might not hit his ceiling
Most guys don’t

Assuming Dahlin-Clifton works,
Power-Jensen
Samuelsson-Jokiharju
looks like it could be a real nice defense for the next few seasons for us

AGAIN,
I’m absolutely not overpaying for Jensen (or Kuemper) though

To create a post please Login or Register
Question: