Forums/Fauteuil - DG

Depending on how everyone performs

Created by: patnaisnyquil
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 8, 2023
Published: Oct. 8, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Lines are for the 2024-2025 season. Ideally we can move Dvorak, Gallagher, Anderson and Savard but im not counting on it. Rangers ans Canucks fans will say its not enough but I honestly feel like these moves would improve their teams.
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Hutson, Lane
3$900,000
Trades
NYR
  1. Evans, Jake
  2. Farrell, Sean
  3. Xhekaj, Arber
Additional Details:
Deadline move. If Laffy still cant breakout, I think the Rangers need to move him while he still has decent value. Evans and Xhekaj can be great depth pieces for a cup run, and Farrell is a legit prospect who could end up producing just as much if not more than Lafrenière.
MTL
  1. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Monahan, Sean
Additional Details:
Deadline move. Colorado's depth at C is precarious and Monahan is a steady vet that would fit perfectly. Cheap contract, other contending teams will be interested so a 1st pick is the minimum here. Of course it depends on if he can stay healthy.
VAN
  1. Armia, Joel
  2. Barron, Justin
Additional Details:
Summer move. I like Boeser but his contract is tanking his value. Vancouver needs help at RD and I think that Barron will be under Reinbacher and Mailloux in the depth chart by summer 2024. Armia can be a serviceable bottom 6 guy but his value is affected by that stupid contract. 1 year left next year though. Gives the Nucks 3M$ in cap space which is the most valuable asset at the moment.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$76,457,083$1,170,000$3,977,500$7,042,917
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$6,650,000$6,650,000
RW
UFA - 2
$835,000$835,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$885,000$885,000
C
RFA - 4
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$897,500$897,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Hutson, Lane
$900,000$900,000
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 4
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 8, 2023 at 8:38 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
IMO you have basically made the argument here that Monahan > Lafreniere in value.

As much as I love Xhekaj and believe in Farrell, none of those guys brings back a 1st today (perhaps after they gain some experience).

These deals are unbalanced because the Rags would never trade Laf for Monahan straight up.
MeetYourMakar and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 8:42 a.m.
GM
I think the Laffy trade is definitely a possibility by this point, especially in this not breaking out scenario. I like the two younger players coming back (might tweak it a bit).
I wouldn't go for Boeser if I'm MTL, especially if they trade for Laffy.
jonh514 and patnaisnyquil liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 8:45 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: AG_sweden
I think the Laffy trade is definitely a possibility by this point, especially in this not breaking out scenario. I like the two younger players coming back (might tweak it a bit).
I wouldn't go for Boeser if I'm MTL, especially if they trade for Laffy.

Laf needs to get out of NYC in the worst way. The pressure must be enormous, especially with the win-now culture.
AG_sweden and patnaisnyquil liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 8:49 a.m.
GM
Quoting: jonh514
Laf needs to get out of NYC in the worst way. The pressure must be enormous, especially with the win-now culture.

Yes. It seems like NYR for whatever reason is making him doubt if he even should play hockey. But the whole team pretty much looked terrible this preseason (essentially the top 6) so they should hold on to him until the jan or even TDL. Probably will look into the possibility to trade him for a bigger piece (as a package not 1 for 1) too. But yes he needs to get to a new town and start from beginning with out the pressure.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 8:50 a.m.
I dont get your point. Value isnt an absolute thing, its relative. If you look at past deadline acquisitions, Monahan is absolutely worth a late 1st for a contending team.

Rangers lack depth and cheap, quality pieces like Evans and Xhekaj are hard to find. They dont need draft picks, their window is now. If Im Drury id much rather have solid depth players than a young guy with no confidence that youre trying to get going. Especially if you get another prospect as insurance. Colorado doesnt need a guy like Lafrenière, they traded Newhook for that exact reason, so yes Monahan would be a better fit for their needs.
jonh514 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 9:08 a.m.
Canucks pass easily.IMHO.
mv21227 and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 9:14 a.m.
HuGo is a Boss GM
Quoting: patnaisnyquil
I dont get your point. Value isnt an absolute thing, its relative. If you look at past deadline acquisitions, Monahan is absolutely worth a late 1st for a contending team.

Rangers lack depth and cheap, quality pieces like Evans and Xhekaj are hard to find. They dont need draft picks, their window is now. If Im Drury id much rather have solid depth players than a young guy with no confidence that youre trying to get going. Especially if you get another prospect as insurance. Colorado doesnt need a guy like Lafrenière, they traded Newhook for that exact reason, so yes Monahan would be a better fit for their needs.

I think this was directed at me...

It's not hard to find a player like Evans.

Xhekaj is nearly impossible to find IMO, but his value is not proven because many think he is bad at hockey. I do not believe that for the record, but he needs a "prove it" season.

Farrell is a smaller body middle 6 forward. They are unfortunately a dime a dozen. He needs to prove he is special (like Caufield) before he becomes valuable. Right now he's not even worth a 2nd.

Monahan also needs to prove he can put up 0.7 PPG to defend that value at the TDL.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 9:16 a.m.
Quoting: remowilliams
Canucks pass easily.IMHO.

I just feel like Myers and Juulsen as RHDs is really thin unless they think Willander can make the team next year. Even then, Barron at 21 has been solid thus far and would help a lot. Raty, Lekkerimaki and Podkolzin will need to get a shot at some point so I feel like Boeser or Garland need to go. What do you think Boesers value is, cause the guy has never played a full season and never scored 30 goals...
Oct. 8, 2023 at 9:28 a.m.
Quoting: jonh514
I think this was directed at me...

It's not hard to find a player like Evans.

Xhekaj is nearly impossible to find IMO, but his value is not proven because many think he is bad at hockey. I do not believe that for the record, but he needs a "prove it" season.

Farrell is a smaller body middle 6 forward. They are unfortunately a dime a dozen. He needs to prove he is special (like Caufield) before he becomes valuable. Right now he's not even worth a 2nd.

Monahan also needs to prove he can put up 0.7 PPG to defend that value at the TDL.

Disagree about Evans. Contending teams are giving bottom 6 guys long term contracts to make sure they have depth at a « reasonable » price (Miles Wood for 6 years at COL, Goodrow at NYR, Paul in TB + Jeannot for a haul, Kampf in Toronto, Nic Roy in Vegas, Gaudreau in Minnesota). Agreed for Farrell but he isnt the main part of the deal, we'll have a better idea after a couple of months in the AHL. If he can be close to a PPG at his age, his value jumps significantly.

Monahan was on pace for 0.7 before his injury last year, only question mark with him is his health. If he plays all the games someone will pay a late 1st for him. If not Colorado, it'll be Edmonton, Toronto, Tampa, wtv... His contract is a major factor in the equation for contending teams that are all tight against the cap. If Foligno, Jeannot, Coleman, Goodrow, Pageau, Savard, Kase, Zucker all got traded for a 1st and Id argue that Monahan is better than all of them (and is a center which bumps his value).
Oct. 8, 2023 at 9:52 a.m.
I disagree that the Canucks pass, unless Beoser has a huge year which I don't expect he will. Canucks have been trying to move his contract for awhile and were unable to. If they can pull a young physical RD in Barron as part of the package while saving a few million in cap then I think they make that deal, even if they have to take Amria.
patnaisnyquil liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 10:13 a.m.
I just feel like Myers and Juulsen as RHDs is really thin unless they think Willander can make the team next year. Even then, Barron at 21 has been solid thus far and would help a lot. Raty, Lekkerimaki and Podkolzin will need to get a shot at some point so I feel like Boeser or Garland need to go. What do you think Boesers value is, cause the guy has never played a full season and never scored 30 goals...

I guess we see how Brock does this year.He looks good in preseason.He like a few other Canucks are due for bounce back seasons .If not then maybe.Just my opinion.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 10:16 a.m.
If rangers trade Laffy, they no longer need a roster player in return since Cuylle and Othmann looked comfortable playing in the NHL

No need for Evans or Xhekaj. They would probably want prospects that were just drafted, high potential prospects and/or Habs 1st
Oct. 8, 2023 at 10:29 a.m.
Quoting: Rags21
If rangers trade Laffy, they no longer need a roster player in return since Cuylle and Othmann looked comfortable playing in the NHL

No need for Evans or Xhekaj. They would probably want prospects that were just drafted, high potential prospects and/or Habs 1st

Why would MTL give a potential top 10 pick for a bust and why would the Rangers trade him for a draft pick who wont play for at least 2 years when their window is now. Xhekaj would be a big upgrade from Gustafsson and Evans can run the 1st PK, Id much rather have him than Vesey or Pitlick. Farrell is also a legit prospect who got 53tps in 34 NCAA games. NY is one or two injuries away from being in trouble with their depth. You cant give 4th line minutes to a guy like Othmann or he'll end up like... Lafrenière.

Only other way I can see Lafrenière being moved is if a team underperforms and is willing to trade an older player (with a low cap hit) 1 for 1. Maybe a 3 way trade or a flip like Colorado did with the picks they got for Newhook, but there isnt many candidates. Unless Laffy magically bounces back I really dont think his value is that high.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 10:35 a.m.
Why would MTL give a potential top 10 pick for a bust and why would the Rangers trade him for a draft pick who wont play for at least 2 years when their window is now. Xhekaj would be a big upgrade from Gustafsson and Evans can run the 1st PK, Id much rather have him than Vesey or Pitlick. Farrell is also a legit prospect who got 53tps in 34 NCAA games. NY is one or two injuries away from being in trouble with their depth. You cant give 4th line minutes to a guy like Othmann or he'll end up like... Lafrenière.

Only other way I can see Lafrenière being moved is if a team underperforms and is willing to trade an older player (with a low cap hit) 1 for 1. Maybe a 3 way trade or a flip like Colorado did with the picks they got for Newhook, but there isnt many candidates. Unless Laffy magically bounces back I really dont think his value is that high.

Big upgrade from Gus? Lol no. The rangers need puck moving defenseman, not goons

4th liners barely matter but vesey and Pitlick are cheap compared to Evans. Why would othmann play 4th line? Lol you’re not even a NYR fan so you don’t know what you’re talking about

There’s a difference between laffy’s value and what it’ll take to get him out of NYR lol
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 10:51 a.m.
Mods have power egos
Quoting: AG_sweden
Yes. It seems like NYR for whatever reason is making him doubt if he even should play hockey. But the whole team pretty much looked terrible this preseason (essentially the top 6) so they should hold on to him until the jan or even TDL. Probably will look into the possibility to trade him for a bigger piece (as a package not 1 for 1) too. But yes he needs to get to a new town and start from beginning with out the pressure.

Something I'd like to see if we were to trade laf is maybe AZ would take a package for maccelli.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:20 a.m.
Big upgrade from Gus? Lol no. The rangers need puck moving defenseman, not goons

4th liners barely matter but vesey and Pitlick are cheap compared to Evans. Why would othmann play 4th line? Lol you’re not even a NYR fan so you don’t know what you’re talking about

There’s a difference between laffy’s value and what it’ll take to get him out of NYR lol

Othmann would play 4th line for the same reason Laf and Kakko did, cause your team cant develop kids to save their life while signing washed up vets like Wheeler.

Have fun with Gustafsson bro is absolute trash
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: NYRxLundqvist
Something I'd like to see if we were to trade laf is maybe AZ would take a package for maccelli.

Absolutely delusional if you think you can get something close to maccelli for a bust
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:28 a.m.
Othmann would play 4th line for the same reason Laf and Kakko did, cause your team cant develop kids to save their life while signing washed up vets like Wheeler.

Have fun with Gustafsson bro is absolute trash

If a top 9 winger goes down, then othmann has a spot. If a 4th liner goes down, then another 4th liner steps in. Jeez you don’t know hockey do ya?

Gus under Lavi is way better than you think. 42 points last year which is better than 90% of the Habs forwards lol. You really think Xhekaj is a huge game changer for a 3rd pair defenseman? Lmaooo
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
B
Lafable package, it's worth around a 2nd! Evans is a dump, Farrell is probably never and wifi is a spare beast
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:37 a.m.
If a top 9 winger goes down, then othmann has a spot. If a 4th liner goes down, then another 4th liner steps in. Jeez you don’t know hockey do ya?

Gus under Lavi is way better than you think. 42 points last year which is better than 90% of the Habs forwards lol. You really think Xhekaj is a huge game changer for a 3rd pair defenseman? Lmaooo

Thats exactly how Laf and Kakko (and Andersson and Kravtsov etc...) became busts

If you think pts are the only indicator of a good dman youre clueless. Hes changing teams every season for a reason amd youre gonna find out soon.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:39 a.m.
Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup
Lafable package, it's worth around a 2nd! Evans is a dump, Farrell is probably never and wifi is a spare beast

Thats what a 30pts forward who sucks defensively is worth
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:41 a.m.
Rangers fans really see this **** like its EA lmao zero puck knowledge
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:48 a.m.
VAN
Interesting thought for Canucks/Habs deal. Van don't do that deal today but if Barron made the leap next year, are they kicking themselves? Stuck in win now mode so they probably keep Brock.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:53 a.m.
Thats exactly how Laf and Kakko (and Andersson and Kravtsov etc...) became busts

If you think pts are the only indicator of a good dman youre clueless. Hes changing teams every season for a reason amd youre gonna find out soon.

Once again, you’re not NYR fan so let me remind you, they had Quinn and Gallant as their last 2 coaches who themselves played Kakko and Laffy as 3rd and 4th liners lol. Lavi is already putting Kakko on the top line and giving Laffy and now Cuylle every opportunity to prove their worth

Compare 2022-23 Gus to Xhekaj on Natural Stat Trick and you’ll see he’s better in every way except hits lol. Corsi For/Against, Goals For/Against, Expected Goals For/Against, Shots For/Against….
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Oct. 8, 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
B
Thats what a 30pts forward who sucks defensively is worth

Yes he sucks, yet he still has potential and value and would return something more promising than a 2nd at least!
Rangers fans really see this **** like its EA lmao zero puck knowledge

Thanks anyway chirpy, but we still pass obviously

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll