Published: Oct. 12, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CGY
  1. 2026 4th round pick (TBL)
OTT
  1. 2026 4th round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Condition riddled pick based on Brannstrom's performance and playing time.
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$75,483,333$0$865,000$8,016,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$832,500$832,500
RW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:12 p.m.
Quoting: yycofred
Who is crying? They've done a better job at skirting it than any other team and it pays off. Why do you consistently run at a hundred degrees. Breathe, chill, have a drink and cool off you angry little man.

So anyone who disagrees with you or points out honest potential problems is an"angry little man" that statement proves you're nothing more than a narcissistic mental midget.
KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
So anyone who disagrees with you or points out honest potential problems is an"angry little man" that statement proves you're nothing more than a narcissistic mental midget.

No one said that, plenty of disagreement with the Sens fans there on that trade, but when you come in every conversation like a cranky 5'2" balding man with little man syndrome people will naturally assume you're an angry little man. Even this response just feels unhinged and seething, sort some things out fella! Have a good one!
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I highly doubt they put Dube on the 4th line.

No offense but your determination to bench Ruzicka is almost as toxic as KingofRnR's to move Kadri to the wing.

As for acquiring Brannstrom, I don't mind the idea if Kylington is truly not going to play this year. I'm personally starting to think he's the guy Ottawa will have to part with to fit Pinto in. Doubt a 4th gets it done though.

Pelletier probably gets a conditioning stint before joining the team again.

Tampa isn't going to trade for Vladar though, Vasilevskiy will
ve back by then. Also, as long as our AHL goalie depth past wolf is non-existent, trading Vladar is just asking for an injury to Marky or Wolf.

Kind of a last ditch thing in this post, my assumption would be Ruzicka, Sharangovickh, Hunt don't work and Zary, Schwindt are not ready to make the jump.

I'll take almost! Quibbling about a 4th line forward can do that, I see your point. I do think he's the thirteenth forward by the start of 2024.

I don't see many other options for Ottawa, I wouldn't mind targeting one of the Columbus D men that are on the market, tough to see a deal that helps both sides there though.

I was away when he got hurt and missed a bunch of news cause of the time change, was there ever any word on a time line?

How would you handle the goalie situation this year? Rooney to LTIR looks like the only way Wolf would mix in some pro games right now, obviously things change very quickly but with no waiver eligible guys outside of Coronato how do you cycle Wolf in without moving Vladar?
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
Edited Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:11 p.m.
What kind of deal would you look at for Brannstrom, feels like with a little bit of cap trouble a 2M cap hit moving out wouldn't be the worst thing. Obviously don't sell pennies on the dollar but a good trade candidate

Personally, if I trade him it would be for a good forward prospect (because after Greig, Jarventie and Ostapchuk, it gets VERY THIN for Ottawa in terms of forward prospects). My target on Calgary would be Jakob Pelletier or Connor Zary (Coronato should be untouchable). What else do you need if Ottawa needs to add?

Brannstrom is good at hockey, he will be a 2nd pairing 2-way D-man.

As for acquiring Brannstrom, I don't mind the idea if Kylington is truly not going to play this year. I'm personally starting to think he's the guy Ottawa will have to part with to fit Pinto in. Doubt a 4th gets it done though.

Is it not you who told me Kylington was going to be back? What is going on? I was going to say in this ACGM : not enough for Brannstrom and also not a team who needs him

And don't think they'll move Brannstrom now, Tyler Kleven needs a bit of AHL seasoning first.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:35 p.m.
Haha, settle down. If you look at the chances given up in front of Vladar, Calgary was as god awful, I do think Stalock is better I don't disagree. Who knows what happens between now and American Thanksgiving!

Actually you started the venom everything I said was 209% and polite
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.
Actually you started the venom everything I said was 209% and polite

If that's venom in your world then my goodness.. buckle up sweet boy.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:43 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Personally, if I trade him it would be for a good forward prospect (because after Greig, Jarventie and Ostapchuk, it gets VERY THIN for Ottawa in terms of forward prospects). My target on Calgary would be Jakob Pelletier or Connor Zary (Coronato should be untouchable). What else do you need if Ottawa needs to add?

Is it not you who told me Kylington was going to be back? What is going on? I was going to this ACGM, no enough for Brannstrom and also not a team who needs him

And don't think they'll move Brannstrom now, Tyler Kleven needs a bit of AHL seasoning first.

How do you see Ottawa getting Pinto in the line up??

Kylington is such a mystery, he arrived at camp but then there are so many rumours and such about why he didn't pass the training camp tests and why he missed last year. You feel for the guy and really just try ignore it and let him have his peace, if we see him on NHL ice again at some point then it's really all just a bonus
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:48 p.m.
How do you see Ottawa getting Pinto in the line up??

Kylington is such a mystery, he arrived at camp but then there are so many rumours and such about why he didn't pass the training camp tests and why he missed last year. You feel for the guy and really just try ignore it and let him have his peace, if we see him on NHL ice again at some point then it's really all just a bonus

It was always to trade Kubalik, from the moment Tarasenko was signed

Dorion is just a weirdo though
yycofred and KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
If that's venom in your world then my goodness.. buckle up sweet boy.

No less wenomous than anything I said in fact I even said please prior to that nothing angry at all if you can't handle someone politely asking you general you to stop making ACGM TB management most likely wouldn't make you're the one who has the anger issues
KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.
No less wenomous than anything I said in fact I even said please prior to that nothing angry at all if you can't handle someone politely asking you general you to stop making ACGM TB management most likely wouldn't make you're the one who has the anger issues

wink Sure thing
Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:04 p.m.
Kind of a last ditch thing in this post, my assumption would be Ruzicka, Sharangovickh, Hunt don't work and Zary, Schwindt are not ready to make the jump.

I'll take almost! Quibbling about a 4th line forward can do that, I see your point. I do think he's the thirteenth forward by the start of 2024.

I don't see many other options for Ottawa, I wouldn't mind targeting one of the Columbus D men that are on the market, tough to see a deal that helps both sides there though.

I was away when he got hurt and missed a bunch of news cause of the time change, was there ever any word on a time line?

How would you handle the goalie situation this year? Rooney to LTIR looks like the only way Wolf would mix in some pro games right now, obviously things change very quickly but with no waiver eligible guys outside of Coronato how do you cycle Wolf in without moving Vladar?

Only possible way I see Dube piloting a line is if one of our top 3 centers gets hurt. I truly think Ruzicka will be pur 4C all year though. Him and Duehr have pretty good synergy and i liked Greer on that line. Maybe when Pelts comes back they push Coleman to that line.

Pelts will probably be out until January if I had to guess.

As for Ottawa, they could move Kubalik or Joseph but I think that will cost them, Brannstrom probably has positive value despite their circumstance.

Rooney won't be on LTIR the wole season, probably a month before being cleared and placed on waivers, i doubt the 150K will stop us from giving Wolf a call up. End of the day though any trade involving Vladar should include a goalie coming back that can be in the AHL but is also not a complete nobody at the NHL level. I don't really know what we do with the goalie situation this year but I don't think its bad to keep Wolf down.
KingofRnR liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:06 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit

Is it not you who told me Kylington was going to be back? What is going on? I was going to this ACGM, no enough for Brannstrom and also not a team who needs him

I did probably say that. And we don't know. He's in Calgary and apparently didn't pass his physical despite being in excellent shape. The team did not elaborate on why he's not playing.
Xspyrit liked this.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:15 p.m.
Only possible way I see Dube piloting a line is if one of our top 3 centers gets hurt. I truly think Ruzicka will be pur 4C all year though. Him and Duehr have pretty good synergy and i liked Greer on that line. Maybe when Pelts comes back they push Coleman to that line.

Pelts will probably be out until January if I had to guess.

As for Ottawa, they could move Kubalik or Joseph but I think that will cost them, Brannstrom probably has positive value despite their circumstance.

Rooney won't be on LTIR the wole season, probably a month before being cleared and placed on waivers, i doubt the 150K will stop us from giving Wolf a call up. End of the day though any trade involving Vladar should include a goalie coming back that can be in the AHL but is also not a complete nobody at the NHL level. I don't really know what we do with the goalie situation this year but I don't think its bad to keep Wolf down.

If Mangiapane moves up to the top 6 off that Coleman/Backlund line I have no issue with Duher getting a shot there, the guy is always in the right spot and battles like no other. I really liked his game last night, Greer was good and nice change for the Flames 4th line but I don't think I want to see him in all 82 games this year.

Will be interesting to watch how they handle the goalies for sure. Funny enough Wolf was sitting about three or four rows down and a half a section over from me last night at the game in the 102 section, not many people recognized him but a few kids went for pictures. Handled it like a pro, odd that they have him sitting with the fans though, you could tell the five or six people in front of him were staff but outside of that just among us commoners!
Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:15 p.m.
TrevorA
This is my post babe... not yours.. you follow me like a petulant toddler with a gripe and it's adorable.

One thing... it's never happened, they had a minute after a PP yesterday and that's your sample size for this season and last season Huberdeau Kadri played a whopping 33 minutes together, none of which were with Lindholm.. so you can't "see" anything, you can make stuff up and then use very loose analytics to pat yourself on the but there is genuinely next to zero tangible evidence to anything you're saying, just your feelings and "suggestions" "recommendations" "analytics" like they're going straight to the top. And the fact there hasn't been a person on this website for an entire calendar year of Kadri that has agreed that moving him to the wing is brilliant maybe says a little more about your idea than everyone else.

My credentials are the same as yours. I would venture to guess my experience and background in hockey go a lot further than yours. How long did you play?

It's just a pleasure talking with you man, you're always so pleasant.... I follow Calgary Flames social media, you just happen to produce some on this site and I really don't mind your opinion. I could do without the condescending attitude and insults, but hey, that's you and I'm not innocent myself, so it is what it is. I know & respect you enough to be interested in your input and feedback none the less and I'm sure I've admitted to you previously that you've likely played or been around hockey more than I have. I do however take offence to and certainly don't accept any suggestions that I'm not entitled to my opinion or that I have no business being on here. That's just hateful and/or intolerant and you tend to hate certain players and have your own weak opinions and suggestions too, so quit putting yourself up on a pedestal, we're not in High School anymore

Anyways, I have plenty of people who are supportive of my ideas, suggestions & opinions, including having Kadri play with Huberdeau & Lindholm when necessary. I certainly don't have a lot of support to move him to 1RW full time, but hey, I'm not looking to follow the herd or be a sheep here. You missed how often & successful Huby-Lindholm-Kadri played together at times in the pre-season. It wasn't a ton, but I'm guaranteeing you will see a lot more of it this season in certain situations. Watch and you'll see. Take Care Man!
Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
It's just a pleasure talking with you man, you're always so pleasant.... I follow Calgary Flames social media, you just happen to produce some on this site and I really don't mind your opinion. I could do without the condescending attitude and insults, but hey, that's you and I'm not innocent myself, so it is what it is. I know & respect you enough to be interested in your input and feedback none the less and I'm sure I've admitted to you previously that you've likely played or been around hockey more than I have. I do however take offence to and certainly don't accept any suggestions that I'm not entitled to my opinion or that I have no business being on here. That's just hateful and/or intolerant and you tend to hate certain players and have your own weak opinions and suggestions too, so quit putting yourself up on a pedestal, we're not in High School anymore

Anyways, I have plenty of people who are supportive of my ideas, suggestions & opinions, including having Kadri play with Huberdeau & Lindholm when necessary. I certainly don't have a lot of support to move him to 1RW full time, but hey, I'm not looking to follow the herd or be a sheep here. You missed how often & successful Huby-Lindholm-Kadri played together at times in the pre-season. It wasn't a ton, but I'm guaranteeing you will see a lot more of it this season in certain situations. Watch and you'll see. Take Care Man!

The averaged 2:45/game across 3 games together (1:13, 3:13, 3:33). Feels awfully similar to being the line out after a special teams shift, especially when those games had 32, 20 and 12 special teams minutes respectively. With those numbers it's a shock they didn't get more time together.. Unless you're watching a different Flames team you're making stuff up.
Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:45 p.m.
TrevorA
The averaged 2:45/game across 3 games together (1:13, 3:13, 3:33). Feels awfully similar to being the line out after a special teams shift, especially when those games had 32, 20 and 12 special teams minutes respectively. With those numbers it's a shock they didn't get more time together.. Unless you're watching a different Flames team you're making stuff up.

Yes, in just 6:15 minutes playing together at Even Strength in Pre-Season, they had 2 Goals For vs. 1 Against, 4 Shots For vs. 2 Against and 6 Chances For vs. just 3 Against, which just doesn't even give them justice compared to watching the together. It's effective, it works and you'll be seeing more of it. Besides, if you can have your #1PP guys play together on a line more often, it's only going to help in that aspect of the game as well
Oct. 12, 2023 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Yes, in just 6:15 minutes playing together at Even Strength in Pre-Season, they had 2 Goals For vs. 1 Against, 4 Shots For vs. 2 Against and 6 Chances For vs. just 3 Against, which just doesn't even give them justice compared to watching the together. It's effective, it works and you'll be seeing more of it. Besides, if you can have your #1PP guys play together on a line more often, it's only going to help in that aspect of the game as well

After special teams minutes when a lot of teams score, as the home team in the pre-season... one of those games being a 10-0 blowout. Insane to use that as a sample size.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll