Forums/Armchair-GM

TANEV

Created by: fangm
Team: 2023-24 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 6, 2023
Published: Nov. 6, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Listing to 32 Thoughts as they talk about Tanev.

So he has a no-trade clause, and Elliotte Friedman said he believes the clause tries to keep him in Canada. So I wanted to play this out to see what he might go for and where he might go...

Bad teams that won't trade for him
1. Flyers
2. Sharks
3. Blackhawks
4. Predators
5. Ducks
6. Montreal

Teams that don't need D:
1. Wild
2. Kraken
3. Blues
4. Arizona
5. Penguins
6. Blue Jackets
7. Islanders
8. Hurricanes
9. Devils
10. Sabres
11. Red Wings
12. Ottawa

Teams on No-Trade:
1. Bruins
2. Lightning
3. Panthers
4. Rangers
5. Capitals
6. Stars
7. Avs
8. Knights
9. Kings

So he still has 1 No-Trade spot left and we've already crossed off all US teams as suitors. Let's say that 1 spot goes to Winnipeg

So he can realistically be moved to:
1. Vancouver
2. Edmonton
3. Toronto

This is the same conclusion that Elliotte reached. Then he said that Vancouver/Edmonton are highly unlikely because of fan backlash if they win with Tanev.

So realistically he can only stay in Calgary or go to Toronto unless there is a major injury on another team not on his no-trade or Toronto offers so little that another team will pay just to have him lower in the lineup. So it's like the Gio trade where Calgary is unlikely to get much.

So if we assume we can get the Gio return for Tanev why not do what Eliotte said that Calgary is already doing and working the phones to try and move him TODAY for non-futures.
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$77,937,500$0$0$5,562,500
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:45 a.m.
Former NHL Executive
Quoting: yycofred
Lists are submitted at the beginning of the year and they don't change. If you genuinely believe Boston, Vegas, LA, Colorado, Dallas are all on that list you're a moron, beyond that, if you think they are on the list and he wouldn't waive to get out of Calgary, you are intentionally being dumb for attention.

Name the other players that only have playoff teams on their no trade list... you can't just throw that out there to feel right when it's complete BS..

It's also interesting that you are ignoring Bertuzzi's NMC or expecting him to waive for a team selling assets but it would be completely otherworldly for Tanev to consider waiving to go to a top team in the league.

Pesce, Friedman said his list is exclusively playoff teams which is why he hasn't moved.
fangm liked this.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 6:56 a.m.
Quoting: leafs101
if it came to moving Bert, I think we'd at least want a F supplement - thoughts on:

Tanev (50% ret.) + Dube for Bertuzzi + Timmins

would probably rather do a futures deal but like we need D help so if moving roster players is what it takes I'd at least entertain it. Though even at that idk that I would, whether the value on this deal is better for Toronto or not.

Laughable. Even without the retention Calgary wouldn't do that. Make it Bert and your 2024 1st for Tanev with no retention on either player and we consider it. Calgary would consider the 2024 1st and Timmons or Liljegren too but you still won't be getting retention unless you add a sweetener for it.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 10:35 a.m.
Quoting: Rajvinder
Pesce, Friedman said his list is exclusively playoff teams which is why he hasn't moved.

Again, baseless claim until you can show where Friedman said that cause quickly googling it nothing comes up, so you'll have to provide more than just your claims after you've made so much **** up on here.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Lists are submitted at the beginning of the year and they don't change. If you genuinely believe Boston, Vegas, LA, Colorado, Dallas are all on that list you're a moron, beyond that, if you think they are on the list and he wouldn't waive to get out of Calgary, you are intentionally being dumb for attention.

Name the other players that only have playoff teams on their no trade list... you can't just throw that out there to feel right when it's complete BS..

It's also interesting that you are ignoring Bertuzzi's NMC or expecting him to waive for a team selling assets but it would be completely otherworldly for Tanev to consider waiving to go to a top team in the league.

You aren’t getting any Top prospects for Tanev, like not even close

1st + 3rd + Timmins, Probably try & dump Klinger & if that needs anything more they add, but I wouldn’t expect getting any top prospect back, any excess value Tanev likely has is very minute due to his age & the fact he is likely a rental to whatever team he goes to

As for Vegas & Boston, WHO THE HELL IS TANEV REPLACING THERE?

McAvoy?, Carlo?, Pietrangelo, Whitecloud?

Dallas is indeed a suitor I can see but I highly doubt The Flames get insane value for Tanev

I say Leafs get him50% retained for a 1st +3rd +Voit + Timmins & if they can dump Klinger so be it

If dumping Klinger costs another pick they likely do it or just waive him which also allows the cap to work
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:18 a.m.
Quoting: T0R
You aren’t getting any Top prospects for Tanev, like not even close

1st + 3rd + Timmins, Probably try & dump Klinger & if that needs anything more they add, but I wouldn’t expect getting any top prospect back, any excess value Tanev likely has is very minute due to his age & the fact he is likely a rental to whatever team he goes to

As for Vegas & Boston, WHO THE HELL IS TANEV REPLACING THERE?

McAvoy?, Carlo?, Pietrangelo, Whitecloud?

Dallas is indeed a suitor I can see but I highly doubt The Flames get insane value for Tanev

I say Leafs get him50% retained for a 1st +3rd +Voit + Timmins & if they can dump Klinger so be it

If dumping Klinger costs another pick they likely do it or just waive him which also allows the cap to work

Where did I say he was in that comment?

Flames don't need Timmins, Timmins has no value to anyone but the Leafs until he can show that last season wasn't lightning in a bottle for a month and a half and he can justify his contract.

Where did I say he was replacing anyone? It says that if the original poster thinks those teams are all on a NTC anywhere in the league he's a moron.

Flames shouldn't expect insane value, that also was never said, but they'll get a 1st round pick for him especially when they have all the ability in the world to retain 50%. 1st and Voit would likely get it done, or a better prospect and no pick but the Leafs don't have near the pipeline to compete in a bidding war if anyone is offering a prospect. If they also want to dump Klingberg then should expect to compensate the receiving team just as every other camp dump, it hurts to do, it's not a 5th round pick because he's coming from Toronto.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.

Flames don't need Timmins, Timmins has no value to anyone but the Leafs until he can show that last season wasn't lightning in a bottle for a month and a half and he can justify his contract.

Where did I say he was replacing anyone? It says that if the original poster thinks those teams are all on a NTC anywhere in the league he's a moron.

Flames shouldn't expect insane value, that also was never said, but they'll get a 1st round pick for him especially when they have all the ability in the world to retain 50%. 1st and Voit would likely get it done, or a better prospect and no pick but the Leafs don't have near the pipeline to compete in a bidding war if anyone is offering a prospect. If they also want to dump Klingberg then should expect to compensate the receiving team just as every other camp dump, it hurts to do, it's not a 5th round pick because he's coming from Toronto.

I think that’s fair, personally I think Boston might’ve been on the M-NTC cause no one knew how the team would be without Bergeron & Kreijci but I digress. I think the Leafs waive Klinger to make up the necessary cap room instead of dumping him,

I say Voit +2024 1st & Timmins (they might like him after the preseason he had) for Tanev 50%
Nov. 7, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: T0R
I think that’s fair, personally I think Boston might’ve been on the M-NTC cause no one knew how the team would be without Bergeron & Kreijci but I digress. I think the Leafs waive Klinger to make up the necessary cap room instead of dumping him,

I say Voit +2024 1st & Timmins (they might like him after the preseason he had) for Tanev 50%

Bruins is a fair point, he's not a fit there for sure but would be hard to see him not waiving to go if the Bruins came calling.

I really don't hate that and it feels like a deal that could get done before the deadline which would be nice for Toronto. Timmins is a wildcard at this point but probably a good gamble for a team in Calgary's position who will need to fill a few roster spots next season.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.

This might be the worst take ever. I dare you to go watch the Kyper and Bourne episode from 1-2 weeks ago with Jason Bukala who is a pro scout where he says that Timmins is widely considered a Top 2 D on par with Jireck in terms of potential.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: fangm
This might be the worst take ever. I dare you to go watch the Kyper and Bourne episode from 1-2 weeks ago with Jason Bukala who is a pro scout where he says that Timmins is widely considered a Top 2 D on par with Jireck in terms of potential.

Conor Timmins: I’m good with having Timmins as an option next season because he was steady in the regular season when he got a chance. He’s a coveted right-shot defenceman who’s only 24 years old and scored two goals and 12 assists in 25 games with the Leafs. He should battle for a job on the bottom pairing, with the potential to eventually trend upward. Timmins is efficient when deployed on the second power-play unit as well. One thing the Leafs don’t get with Timmins is much physical push back. He averaged fewer than one hit per game, and fewer blocking shots. The key to his maturity will lie in his durability. Timmins has had his share of injuries dating back to his junior days with the Soo Greyhounds

You mean that Jason Bukala?

Conor Timmins: Timmins has proven to be a sound acquisition for the Leafs. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound right shot defender has contributed when in the lineup. He gives the team some added depth. Timmins is a two-way defender who can manage pucks on one of the power-play units. He’s involved defensively, bumping opponents and blocking shots. I’m not sure he is an option to provide regular minutes come playoffs, but he can certainly match up in a reduced role versus bottom six opponents. Timmins has signed a two-year extension paying him $1.1 million starting next season..

Or that Bukala?

Sounds like he sees him as a guy fighting for bottom pair time while he can slide up and down if need be. Maybe if you could point out where to find that clip that Bukala says Timmins has the same potential as a top ten prospect in the league it would help your case..
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
Conor Timmins: I’m good with having Timmins as an option next season because he was steady in the regular season when he got a chance. He’s a coveted right-shot defenceman who’s only 24 years old and scored two goals and 12 assists in 25 games with the Leafs. He should battle for a job on the bottom pairing, with the potential to eventually trend upward. Timmins is efficient when deployed on the second power-play unit as well. One thing the Leafs don’t get with Timmins is much physical push back. He averaged fewer than one hit per game, and fewer blocking shots. The key to his maturity will lie in his durability. Timmins has had his share of injuries dating back to his junior days with the Soo Greyhounds

Conor Timmins: Timmins has proven to be a sound acquisition for the Leafs. The 6-foot-2, 185-pound right shot defender has contributed when in the lineup. He gives the team some added depth. Timmins is a two-way defender who can manage pucks on one of the power-play units. He’s involved defensively, bumping opponents and blocking shots. I’m not sure he is an option to provide regular minutes come playoffs, but he can certainly match up in a reduced role versus bottom six opponents. Timmins has signed a two-year extension paying him $1.1 million starting next season..

Or that Bukala?

Sounds like he sees him as a guy fighting for bottom pair time while he can slide up and down if need be. Maybe if you could point out where to find that clip that Bukala says Timmins has the same potential as a top ten prospect in the league it would help your case..

Or that Bukala?

I literally told you. Learn to read.

Or that Bukala?

Also feel like you need to learn what the world "Potential" means.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
I literally told you. Learn to read.

Also feel like you need to learn what the world "Potential" means.

"Kyper and Bourne episode from 1-2 weeks ago" that is what you said. Throwing out a timeframe of 10 episodes while asking someone else to do your work for you is not providing anything. Timestamp, date, episode, any of that would be something you would use if you felt like you had a leg to stand on regarding this topic. As per your @Rajvinder buddy though, you'll throw things out to the world with no tangible evidence and then ignore anything of the contrary and disappear. Real Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger you two..

Do you mean "potential" as in he has the potential to be a dud again like the previous years of his career? He has the potential to be mush for brains after a 16 months concussion stint with a higher potential to reinjure that? He has the potential that he's never fulfilled in his career but now is work something in a trade after he played 18 good games?
Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:50 p.m.
Former NHL Executive
"Kyper and Bourne episode from 1-2 weeks ago" that is what you said. Throwing out a timeframe of 10 episodes while asking someone else to do your work for you is not providing anything. Timestamp, date, episode, any of that would be something you would use if you felt like you had a leg to stand on regarding this topic. As per your Rajvinder buddy though, you'll throw things out to the world with no tangible evidence and then ignore anything of the contrary and disappear. Real Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger you two..

Do you mean "potential" as in he has the potential to be a dud again like the previous years of his career? He has the potential to be mush for brains after a 16 months concussion stint with a higher potential to reinjure that? He has the potential that he's never fulfilled in his career but now is work something in a trade after he played 18 good games?

Maybe try talking about a sport you understand
Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:52 p.m.
Maybe try talking about a sport you understand

Easssssyyy Heath. Didn't you try make a point about an advanced stat that you didn't understand recently??
Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
Former NHL Executive
Easssssyyy Heath. Didn't you try make a point about an advanced stat that you didn't understand recently??

I'm not going to engaged. Read Plato's cave allegory. Maybe it will give you an existential crisis.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
I'm not going to engaged. Read Plato's cave allegory. Maybe it will give you an existential crisis.

Hahaha you never do once you've been whooped over the head with your own argument, as previously mentioned. Throw out a statement you don't understand and disappear! If you don't understand that's okay, just quit making things up to puff out your tiny man chest
Nov. 7, 2023 at 2:58 p.m.
Former NHL Executive
Hahaha you never do once you've been whooped over the head with your own argument, as previously mentioned. Throw out a statement you don't understand and disappear! If you don't understand that's okay, just quit making things up to puff out your tiny man chest

Just read it and maybe you'll come back with an apology
Nov. 7, 2023 at 3:03 p.m.
Just read it and maybe you'll come back with an apology

It's adorable that you think highly enough of yourself that you deserve an apology for rolling around and making things up then disappearing. You're worse than the guys that just ahve bad ideas on here because you feel the need to inflate your ego even when wrong, and then continue down the path of making up things about topics you genuinely don't understand then just disappearing instead of giving them a tug and realizing you're just not smart and need to be better. So long you silly little Heath
Nov. 7, 2023 at 3:25 p.m.

LOL, this is so true. I can't even deal with that guy. Like its not worth my time, he just doesn't even know how little he knows.Can't even blame him. It's like getting made at a toddler for not being able to drive. They just don't know any better.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 4:20 p.m.
Former NHL Executive
LOL, this is so true. I can't even deal with that guy. Like its not worth my time, he just doesn't even know how little he knows.Can't even blame him. It's like getting made at a toddler for not being able to drive. They just don't know any better.

Exactly @yycofred just isn't worth the time.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 4:49 p.m.
Exactly yycofred just isn't worth the time.

@fangm look at this, my two favourite cowpokes bottoming each other again! Good for you boys! Glad you found compatible competence at the bottom of the barrel together.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 4:52 p.m.

Just find the Kyper and Bourne clip dude. Pretty easy request, if you don't get that it's not a me problem .

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll