SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Sell High on Vatrano amp Tank the Ducks

Created by: NotGoodGM
Published: Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 163/192 (85%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the upper limit has been exceeded by one of the trade parties

Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Vatrano, FrankAnaheim DucksNHL-$3,098,698011---119312--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Carter, JeffPittsburgh PenguinsNHL-$2,652,995011---9000--
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPIT)---010------
2024 7th round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---001------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,237,2392346663912
Change$445,703000011
Final$7,682,942 (↑)234666310 (↑)13 (↑)-9-3-12

Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPittsburgh Penguins

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Carter, JeffPittsburgh PenguinsNHL-$3,125,000011---9000--
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsPIT)---010------
2024 7th round pick (Logo of the New York RangersNYR)---001------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Vatrano, FrankAnaheim DucksNHL-$3,650,000011---119312--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$90,0002348672512
Change-$525,0000000-1-1
Final-$435,000 (↓)23486724 (↓)11 (↓)9312
Nov. 7, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
why would ANA do this? they playing well and the pacific is Vegas (class of div), LAK (G issues), VAN (maybe is for real Im not sure), CAL (mess), EDM (a talented mess), SJS (yikes), SEA (not looking to good) - see where it goes.
Nov. 7, 2023 at 7:57 p.m.
Jah1722
You said sell high and then put out an offer that wouldn’t have gotten before the start of the season let alone now…
Nov. 8, 2023 at 9:26 a.m.
Luke
Quoting: bwhsocal
why would ANA do this? they playing well and the pacific is Vegas (class of div), LAK (G issues), VAN (maybe is for real Im not sure), CAL (mess), EDM (a talented mess), SJS (yikes), SEA (not looking to good) - see where it goes.

they arent ready to compete yet and shouldnt, they dont have a generational talent and cant go straight into competing like Pittsburgh or Toronto did, they should tank another year and get another couple solid prospects to build a core around mintyukov carlsson and mctavish
NotGoodGM liked this.
Nov. 8, 2023 at 10:53 a.m.
Quoting: ldinkel98
they arent ready to compete yet and shouldnt, they dont have a generational talent and cant go straight into competing like Pittsburgh or Toronto did, they should tank another year and get another couple solid prospects to build a core around mintyukov carlsson and mctavish

generational talent? they are not going to get on this draft. You are saying they should sell off good pieces to tank to get a 5-10 range draft pick, thats crazy. BTW what generational talent did vegas have or st louis or tampa - yeah all have top talent but if generational talent is the end all edmon and toronto would multiple (or even one) cup.
Nov. 9, 2023 at 9:35 a.m.
C- Trades Only
Quoting: Jah1722
You said sell high and then put out an offer that wouldn’t have gotten before the start of the season let alone now…

I think you may be over valuing Vatrano. Not to say he's bad but you can only expect 15-20 goals from him - max 25. He's quite similar to Max Domi in that sense (probably better but only slightly) who had a good year in Chicago last year (and is able to play centre) who headlined a trade which provided a second-rounder from Dallas in return last year. On the ducks, he is a 1st/2nd liner; on a deeper team, he is a 2nd/3rd. Good players can be moved for 2nd rounders.

Also, historically Vatrano has been traded for a 3rd rounder in 2018 and a 4th in 2022. So I think it's fair to say this would be a high for him. He is also on pace to pass his career stats (I don't know if you can expect that to continue). Again, why it's fair to say this would be a high for him.

I don't know I think he's worth a first rounder - but hey, i'm not an expert.
Nov. 9, 2023 at 9:46 a.m.
C- Trades Only
I agree with all the points below. I think that Anaheim is competing well in a struggling Pacific but they're not top 3 and likely not top 4 once Edmonton regains footing. So they're a wild card team and a fringe one. They weren't built to win this year and need another year to push their prospects up into the appropriate slots in the lines.

It's better to continue collecting assets and capitalizing on opportune performances like Vatrano. Not necessarily general talent but picks that may turn out a nice depth player as trade bait for a later cup run or something to flip at this years draft.

Why would ANA do this? they playing well and the pPacificacific is Vegas (class of div), LAK (G issues), VAN (maybe is for real Im not sure), CAL (mess), EDM (a talented mess), SJS (yikes), SEA (not looking to good) - see where it goes.

Quoting: ldinkel98

generational talent? they are not going to get on this draft. You are saying they should sell off good pieces to tank to get a 5-10 range draft pick, thats crazy. BTW what generational talent did vegas have or st louis or tampa - yeah all have top talent but if generational talent is the end all edmon and toronto would multiple (or even one) cup.
Nov. 9, 2023 at 1:26 p.m.
Jah1722
Quoting: NotGoodGM
I think you may be over valuing Vatrano. Not to say he's bad but you can only expect 15-20 goals from him - max 25. He's quite similar to Max Domi in that sense (probably better but only slightly) who had a good year in Chicago last year (and is able to play centre) who headlined a trade which provided a second-rounder from Dallas in return last year. On the ducks, he is a 1st/2nd liner; on a deeper team, he is a 2nd/3rd. Good players can be moved for 2nd rounders.

Also, historically Vatrano has been traded for a 3rd rounder in 2018 and a 4th in 2022. So I think it's fair to say this would be a high for him. He is also on pace to pass his career stats (I don't know if you can expect that to continue). Again, why it's fair to say this would be a high for him.

I don't know I think he's worth a first rounder - but hey, i'm not an expert.

Thanks for proving my point. Domi just got a 2nd for 20 games. Vatrano is signed thru next season. He’ll get a 1st.

Carter is a cap dump that PIT will have to pay to move and yet you still only offered a 2nd and 7th. So once again, you said sell high and then made a very underwhelming offer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll