Looking Ahead

Created by: Jupa08
Team: 2024-25 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 2, 2023
Published: Nov. 13, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
- Small cap increase
- Assumes Lindholm wants to test the market. I could see Calgary moving him and him still making it to the free agency. I would probably go up to 9-9.5 mil for him if that's what he is asking for.
- Lines are interchangeable, especially with Montgomery... but I think these would be fun and mesh well. A lot of skill and speed on the "2nd" line and a bigger/harder to play against "3rd line."
- What are the chances Montreal would move Xhekaj? Haven't watched a ton of him but he seems extremely hard to play against and he's pretty young. Would love to add him to the backend.
- Ullmark and Swayman are the biggest reason for this teams success to this point in the season and I absolutely don't want to trade him during the season but in the offseason with Swayman in line for a big deal it might be the best asset management thing to do after this season
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$800,000
1$800,000
6$6,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,500,000
3$3,850,000
6$5,650,000
Trades
BOS
  1. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
  2. 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Ullmark, Linus
Additional Details:
At the Draft (assuming Edmonton figures it out and the pick isn't that high)
BOS
  1. Xhekaj, Arber [RFA Rights]
MTL
    Not an actual trade. I just really like the player and was curious what his value would be in a trade?
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$84,500,000$84,054,167$50,000$542,500$445,833

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $6,125,000$6,125,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA
    $11,250,000$11,250,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
    C
    RFA - 2
    $5,650,000$5,650,000
    RW, LW
    UFA
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $787,500$787,500
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C, RW
    RFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,850,000$3,850,000
    LD
    UFA
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    G
    RFA
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    LD
    NTC, NMC
    UFA - 6
    $4,100,000$4,100,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $800,000$800,000
    G
    RFA
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    RD
    UFA
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $925,000$925,000
    LW
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 8:31 a.m.
    HuGo is a Boss GM
    I'm not sure about Xhekaj. My fellow Habs fans will want the moon, but I think his value is not that high. Definite sophomore slump.

I think the Habs expect that the next 15 years of team toughness will come from the Xhekaj brothers, so I doubt they consider a trade unless it's a crazy overpay.
    Jupa08 liked this.
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 8:43 a.m.
    I’m expecting Lindholm will sign for in excess of 9M, but what makes you think there will ONLY be a small increase in the cap? We’ve been hearing 87 to 88 for a while now
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 8:45 a.m.
    Good nerd
    I think your contracts are under value for each of the UFAs, and the Bruins can't get Lindholm for more than 7 years unless it is a sign-and-trade. I wonder what they will do next year with Grz's spot... it will depend a lot on Lohrei's development and who they can bring in on the 3rd pair. I could see them bringing him back, but I think he'll get more than what you suggested.

As for Xhekaj, he's a fun player to watch, but I am not sure you want him on your team if you are a really competing. He's still young so his play could improve, but go look at his NHL numbers so far. He is a 3rd pairing D who only plays about 15 minutes a night, and yet he is averaging over 3 PIMs per game this season, and it was around 2 PIMs per game last year. He can definitely fight, but he doesn't score many points, so I am not sure the penalties are worth it.
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 9:04 a.m.
    Mr.
    xhekaj price is high but to a divisional rival is simply not a price anyone can or should pay
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 9:10 a.m.
    Mr.
    Quoting: tupty
    I think your contracts are under value for each of the UFAs, and the Bruins can't get Lindholm for more than 7 years unless it is a sign-and-trade. I wonder what they will do next year with Grz's spot... it will depend a lot on Lohrei's development and who they can bring in on the 3rd pair. I could see them bringing him back, but I think he'll get more than what you suggested.

As for Xhekaj, he's a fun player to watch, but I am not sure you want him on your team if you are a really competing. He's still young so his play could improve, but go look at his NHL numbers so far. He is a 3rd pairing D who only plays about 15 minutes a night, and yet he is averaging over 3 PIMs per game this season, and it was around 2 PIMs per game last year. He can definitely fight, but he doesn't score many points, so I am not sure the penalties are worth it.

the way you just described xhekaj is the perfect example to why sometimes looking at the numbers is wrong, yes hes playing 3rd pair as a 22yo D man playing his 2nd pro season, hes a good skater with a boom of a shot who gets some minutes on the PP, hes also feared by most players in the NHL and the first to defend himself and his teammates and it shows in his PM, hes improved his decision making on the defensive side on the play so far this season and still has tone of room to grow (played a total of 66 pro games)
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
    I don't see what Boston would be willing to offer that Montreal would agree to in exchange for Xhekaj.

Quoting: jonh514
    I'm not sure about Xhekaj. My fellow Habs fans will want the moon, but I think his value is not that high. Definite sophomore slump.

I think the Habs expect that the next 15 years of team toughness will come from the Xhekaj brothers, so I doubt they consider a trade unless it's a crazy overpay.

What sophmore slump? He's shooting less, but his defence is significantly improved.

It's more a case of why would Montreal trade Xhekaj? Let alone to Boston? He's a young, big, physical D-man with decent underlying numbers (albeit in sheltered minutes) and a lot of team control. The PIMs are bad, but Montreal probably lives with it for now given that its not easy to find D like Xhekaj and how valuable they are in the playoffs.
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 10:27 a.m.
    You know nothing JS
    It's not about value, it's about MTL not trading The Sheriff. Even less to Boston.
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:57 p.m.
    Quoting: tupty

if your judgment of a 22 year old bottom pair defensemen is focused on the points he scores then I can see how you would write him off. At 22 hes going to get better, he has offense to unlock but thats not what hes there for. As long as he isnt taking bad penalties idc what his PIM is at, especially when most come from fighting majors. As most have said its less a matter of what his real value is worth and more that mtl isnt going to trade him to boston, and at this point have no way of replacing what he brings so the value he has to them in a habs jersey is more than a team would pay to acquire him.
    tupty liked this.
    Nov. 13, 2023 at 10:43 p.m.
    Good nerd
    Quoting: habs_need_Scoring
    if your judgment of a 22 year old bottom pair defensemen is focused on the points he scores then I can see how you would write him off. At 22 hes going to get better, he has offense to unlock but thats not what hes there for. As long as he isnt taking bad penalties idc what his PIM is at, especially when most come from fighting majors. As most have said its less a matter of what his real value is worth and more that mtl isnt going to trade him to boston, and at this point have no way of replacing what he brings so the value he has to them in a habs jersey is more than a team would pay to acquire him.

Just as MTL would not trade him (let alone to Boston) due to how well he fits into their plans, I suppose my perception is also skewed by Boston's needs. The top of the Bruins D core is solid but expensive, and what they really need out of a 3rd pairing D is someone who can be cheap and boring, but steady. Xhekaj would probably be out of their price range in the next few years anyway.
    habs_need_Scoring liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll