RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 18, 2023 at 8:58 a.m.
Prime Primeau
Habs still decline. Niemela + first for Monahan minimum
Nov. 18, 2023 at 10:09 a.m.
Monahan, while he is producing, will not pull a 1st due to being made out of glass
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: Ryno122
Monahan, while he is producing, will not pull a 1st due to being made out of glass

Maybe not, tough to say. Leafs would need to do their due diligence, but whatever was ailing him seems to have been addressed. Whether he's at risk of reaggravating an injury is something they'd need to find out.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Marner rocks
Domi has looked a lot better at center then wing because of his passing options. So idk if Monahan is really necessary and Larsson may have Toronto on his NMC list.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
COL isn’t giving you 1 3rd rd pick for Jarnkrok much less 2 for any number of reasons including that you know the cap exists.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:35 a.m.
Quoting: GuyGuyGuy

Monahan does not return a 1st
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:36 a.m.
Zadorov is a 3rd pairing D. Way too much for him
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:38 a.m.
Prime Primeau
Quoting: kous
Monahan does not return a 1st

Why not? He is a healthy 60 pts C. Bertuzzi and O’Reilly got first, there is no reason Monahan doesn’t return a first and a B prospect
Nov. 18, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
Why not? He is a healthy 60 pts C. Bertuzzi and O’Reilly got first, there is no reason Monahan doesn’t return a first and a B prospect

He's healthy right now and does not bring the intangibles that O'Reilly does or have the market that Bertuzzi did. Not many teams looking for an injury prone player who's almost 30 and already had surgery on both hips. There is a reason why the flames gave the Habs a 1st to take him,
Nov. 18, 2023 at 12:01 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Quoting: kous
He's healthy right now and does not bring the intangibles that O'Reilly does or have the market that Bertuzzi did. Not many teams looking for an injury prone player who's almost 30 and already had surgery on both hips. There is a reason why the flames gave the Habs a 1st to take him,

He is way better than O’Reilly and Bertuzzi last season and he have an insane market.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 12:03 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
COL isn’t giving you 1 3rd rd pick for Jarnkrok much less 2 for any number of reasons including that you know the cap exists.

LOL, the irony here is too much...

How are your second and 3rd lines making out after your genius allotment of cap space? Hint - not one of them has performed as well as Jarnkrok.

Alright dude, you got me!
Nov. 18, 2023 at 12:18 p.m.

I think this would be an extremely favorable market for someone like Monahan. Even conceding his injury history, he is not a player that puts any contending team over the edge. So far this year, he has 3 primary points at 5v5 in 17 games played. He has limited penalty kill usage and has extremely elevated power play numbers that are both not sustainable or enough to be a top-four forward on a contending team to take their position. He has face-off upside but contending team is going to move that much of a premium for someone like him.
GuyGuyGuy liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 12:50 p.m.
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
LOL, the irony here is too much...

How are your second and 3rd lines making out after your genius allotment of cap space? Hint - not one of them has performed as well as Jarnkrok.

Alright dude, you got me!

Let’s see genius dude,10-5 record, 8th in GF, 11th in GA, Colton and Woods have been great, RyJo has been fine but yeah tell me how Jarnkrok is so awesome in a 16game sample you just need to move him. Rotflmao. But tell me more about that genius allotment of cap space you know the one where the Avs have as many cup wins as the Leafs have series wins.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I think this would be an extremely favorable market for someone like Monahan. Even conceding his injury history, he is not a player that puts any contending team over the edge. So far this year, he has 3 primary points at 5v5 in 17 games played. He has limited penalty kill usage and has extremely elevated power play numbers that are both not sustainable or enough to be a top-four forward on a contending team to take their position. He has face-off upside but contending team is going to move that much of a premium for someone like him.

He is still producing a lot and teams like that. With retention, he make almost league min. Not bad if he continue to be on the 60 pts pace he has been while playing with 2 finished players
Nov. 18, 2023 at 1:11 p.m.
Quoting: Xqb15a
Let’s see genius dude,10-5 record, 8th in GF, 11th in GA, Colton and Woods have been great, RyJo has been fine but yeah tell me how Jarnkrok is so awesome in a 16game sample you just need to move him. Rotflmao. But tell me more about that genius allotment of cap space you know the one where the Avs have as many cup wins as the Leafs have series wins.

You had won the cup when you had guys like Kadri, Burakovsky, Landeskog in your top 6. You got knocked out by an 8th seed in their second year as a franchise after you lost them. Then you decided on a 2nd line consisting of a regular scratch on one of the league's worst teams (Drouin), a cap dump from a non-playoff team (RJO) and the last player left in FA who nobody wanted (TT). How's it working out for ya? The fact your core is good enough to still have a 10-5 record should make you furious that they're fumbling the cap everywhere else. Or, is that not the case? Do you figure you've done a good job of addressing your second and 3rd lines, from a cap and asset standpoint?

I never claimed the leafs have been genius in their cap allotment, I usually argue the opposite actually. I would even say the Avs were genius in their cap allotment two years ago, before your GM seemingly had a stroke. I don't get to allot the cap, I just get to laugh at people like yourself who are unwilling to see the obvious,

We don't have to get rid of him, but having Marner - Willy - Domi as our top 3 right wingers open's up the potential to trade Jarnkrok for "amazing" assets like two 3rd round picks, while he has 3 years left at 2.1 mil. Yeah, what a crazy ask I made while purposely seeking less value than he's worth to avoid arguing with idiots like yourself....

You're better off saving those 3rd rounders and drafting a core that is ready to compete I guess! For some reason I thought MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar, Toews and byram might be enough to inspire you to want to fill out the rest of your forward roster. Thanks for showing me how wrong I was!

"Avs guys good Leafs guys bad!!!!!"
Nov. 18, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.
He is still producing a lot and teams like that. With retention, he make almost league min. Not bad if he continue to be on the 60 pts pace he has been while playing with 2 finished players

My larger point is that he's probably not going to continue down his 60-point pace and doesn't produce results that are going to be valued to contending teams. Retained salary at the deadline doesn't really do a whole lot in my opinion. It's pretty much a prerequisite for any rental player to be retained down 50-75% of their AAV. The only players worth paying a premium for with low cap hits are the ones with term or are expiring RFAs.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
Prime Primeau
Quoting: phillyjabroni
My larger point is that he's probably not going to continue down his 60-point pace and doesn't produce results that are going to be valued to contending teams. Retained salary at the deadline doesn't really do a whole lot in my opinion. It's pretty much a prerequisite for any rental player to be retained down 50-75% of their AAV. The only players worth paying a premium for with low cap hits are the ones with term or are expiring RFAs.

He is on a 67 pts pace. Of course it’s gonna drop off. But the point is he will still be at a 55-60 pts pace at the deadline. Last year, Bertuzzi and O’Reilly were having around 40-45 pts pace and they were traded for a first +. They don’t bring a lot more to the table than Monahan. Also, both were pretty expensive even with retention while Monahan could be at less tha league min. Another thing is Hughes isn’t trying to trade Monahan. He will only go if a team meets his price, like Lekhy. So a first and a B prospect isn’t a lot to ask
Nov. 18, 2023 at 2:04 p.m.
You had won the cup when you had guys like Kadri, Burakovsky, Landeskog in your top 6. You got knocked out by an 8th seed in their second year as a franchise after you lost them. Then you decided on a 2nd line consisting of a regular scratch on one of the league's worst teams (Drouin), a cap dump from a non-playoff team (RJO) and the last player left in FA who nobody wanted (TT). How's it working out for ya? The fact your core is good enough to still have a 10-5 record should make you furious that they're fumbling the cap everywhere else. Or, is that not the case? Do you figure you've done a good job of addressing your second and 3rd lines, from a cap and asset standpoint?

I never claimed the leafs have been genius in their cap allotment, I usually argue the opposite actually. I would even say the Avs were genius in their cap allotment two years ago, before your GM seemingly had a stroke. I don't get to allot the cap, I just get to laugh at people like yourself who are unwilling to see the obvious,

We don't have to get rid of him, but having Marner - Willy - Domi as our top 3 right wingers open's up the potential to trade Jarnkrok for "amazing" assets like two 3rd round picks, while he has 3 years left at 2.1 mil. Yeah, what a crazy ask I made while purposely seeking less value than he's worth to avoid arguing with idiots like yourself....

You're better off saving those 3rd rounders and drafting a core that is ready to compete I guess! For some reason I thought MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar, Toews and byram might be enough to inspire you to want to fill out the rest of your forward roster. Thanks for showing me how wrong I was!

No bro like most Leafs fans you just look at just the surface. The Avs have $2M in cap space for next year yes that assumes a healthy Landeskog, but trading for a contract that is on the books for next year along with Kovalenko puts them almost 2 million over the cap and still needing about 5 players to fill out the roster. COL now exists in the world where whomever they trade for either has to be in the low price $1M range or cap needs to go back to balance the trade because they already will have to move either Girard (very easy) for pure futures or Manson (significantly more difficult) just to be cap compliant. COL made the decision in the off season that Colton, Wood and LOC are going to anchor their bottom 6 for the next 2 seasons (which so far looks like a great move because those guys have been awesome). And as for filling out the rest of the forward roster you casually mentioned I like how you fail to mention Nichushkin and Lehkonen, or ignore that Tatar at $1.5M has 7 points already or that RyJo whom you can criticize but has been fine as a 2C. That’s 9 forwards not mentioning guys like Cogliano who is a locker room leader and pk staple or Olafsson who has been good or Kovalenko whom they have committed to as soon as the KHL season is over. So tell me more how COL hasn’t done anything to round out their forward core.
GuyGuyGuy and Android_H_Jones liked this.
Nov. 18, 2023 at 6:34 p.m.

Get real they lost 460 man games last year, in that series they were literally at one point playing an AHL dman at forward because they were missing Landeskog, Nichushkin, Cogliano, Helm and Manson mainstays from the Cup team. So the second line now consists of those guys? Did Nichushkin, and Lehkonen just stop existing? Tatar has 7 points RyJo 6 and Drouin who has bounced around the lineup. But yeah 10-5 is working out just fine and way to ignore everything I stated about their cap situation. And Leaf fans wonder why everybody laughs at them.
Android_H_Jones liked this.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 11:01 p.m.
You had won the cup when you had guys like Kadri, Burakovsky, Landeskog in your top 6.

You got a Kadri, Burakovsky, or Landeskog to trade us? Cause Jarnkrok ain't any of those guys.

Avs guys good Leafs guys bad!!!!!

Well, at least we can agree on that.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll