1. Foote, Cal
  2. Miller, Colin
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (NJD)
CGY
  1. Bichsel, Lian
  2. Hakanpää, Jani
  3. 2025 3rd round pick (DAL)
DAL
  1. Tanev, Christopher ($2,000,000 retained)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$72,074,958$0$212,500$11,425,042
Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$863,333$696,962 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$7,000,000$5,651,042
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$775,000$625,651
RW
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$8,476,563
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,350,000$4,319,010
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$3,955,729
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$3,100,000$2,502,604
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$2,250,000$1,816,406
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$4,682,292
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$762,500$615,560
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$1,856,771
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$874,125$705,674
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$5,045,573
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$3,673,177
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$4,843,750
G
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Islanders
$800,000$645,833
LD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,210,938
RD
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$1,776,042
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$825,000$666,016
LD
RFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$800,000$645,833
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,850,000$1,493,490
RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,018,229
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$825,000$666,016
RW
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,049,479
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 26, 2023 at 8:53 a.m.
As a Flames fan, you think Zadorov goes for more than Tanev? Curious because I feel like both are hard to value especially as rentals
Nov. 26, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.
Bichsel is off the table as well as Bourque and Stankoven. Choose any other prospect with a 2nd round.
Nov. 26, 2023 at 10:37 a.m.
Jersey passes, Miller is fine. Zads retained for Foote, and a pick + sure
Nov. 26, 2023 at 11:36 a.m.
Dr_Invictus
Quoting: Devsfan25
As a Flames fan, you think Zadorov goes for more than Tanev? Curious because I feel like both are hard to value especially as rentals

It's difficult to project the market for them. Zadorov is a better player than when we acquired him. He has his defensive lapses, but has improved his skating, physicality, and speed.

Tanev is a great shutdown d, so it depends on the team's need come deadline day. I also thought bischel was worth more than Foote, so the deals might be closer than they appear
Nov. 26, 2023 at 11:38 a.m.
Dr_Invictus
Quoting: Phleb2
Bichsel is off the table as well as Bourque and Stankoven. Choose any other prospect with a 2nd round.

Interesting, I would have thought bischel was valued less than kyrou.
Goofie liked this.
Nov. 26, 2023 at 1:58 p.m.
Quoting: Dr_Invictus
Interesting, I would have thought bischel was valued less than kyrou.

Apparently, Kyrou as a lot of work to do on many things before sniffing NHL action.

Bichsel is NHL ready as we speak, but there is no spot right now as well as no Cap Space to bring him up.
Dr_Invictus liked this.
Nov. 26, 2023 at 2:21 p.m.
Dr_Invictus
Quoting: Phleb2
Apparently, Kyrou as a lot of work to do on many things before sniffing NHL action.

Bichsel is NHL ready as we speak, but there is no spot right now as well as no Cap Space to bring him up.

Grushnikov or Bertucci then?
Nov. 26, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
Grushnikov or Bertucci then?

Go. But now you need to convince Nill. 😀
Dr_Invictus liked this.
Nov. 26, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
drop miller, switch Zad to Tanev. then we can talk.
Nov. 26, 2023 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: Smitty426
Jersey passes, Miller is fine. Zads retained for Foote, and a pick + sure

But Zad doesnt fit our"system" Well that what one dev fan said so. I think they should try Tanev first, if they cant get Carrier. But i still rather Lyubushkin before Zad.
Nov. 26, 2023 at 10:11 p.m.
TrevorA
Hoping for far more out of a Lindholm Trade. European Players with no North American Hockey Experience make me nervous

Ruzicka > POJ

Swap Bolduc with Romanov on the Hanifin Trade

Good Value for Zadorov unretained

Tanev won’t fetch Bischel, you’ll need to find another guy as already mentioned. Only get Bischel if it’s in a Trade for Hanifin coming with an extension
Dr_Invictus liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 2:48 a.m.
Dr_Invictus
Quoting: KingofRnR
Hoping for far more out of a Lindholm Trade. European Players with no North American Hockey Experience make me nervous

Ruzicka > POJ

Swap Bolduc with Romanov on the Hanifin Trade

Good Value for Zadorov unretained

Tanev won’t fetch Bischel, you’ll need to find another guy as already mentioned. Only get Bischel if it’s in a Trade for Hanifin coming with an extension

Re: Lindholm. Yeah, I get it. I just don't see them getting rid of Wright unless Lindholm had term and was having a great season. CBJ would have been ideal if they didn't **** the bed perpetually. You'd think getting Gaudreau going would have been a priority for them after last year.

Ruzicka trade was to get back a damn. Because we had too many forwards.

Do you think Romanov has anymore upside? He seems like a one year older bust. The difference between the two seems negligible to me. Actually most of NYI's d core is not ideal. But with pelech out, they seemed more likely to be a trade candidate.

I'd give kyrou a shot if Dallas would part with him. I looked at a full tear down with Anderson going to Dallas, but I'm not sure Stankoven or Bourque will ever be Centers at the NHl level. Dallas fans see them as the second coming of Wyatt Johnston, but given their size and skill sets they both seem to be wingers, and Calgary has enough of them.

I would have stripped the team down more, but vladar, Kadri, and Huberdeau seem untradeable at the moment.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:06 p.m.
TrevorA
Re: Lindholm. Yeah, I get it. I just don't see them getting rid of Wright unless Lindholm had term and was having a great season. CBJ would have been ideal if they didn't **** the bed perpetually. You'd think getting Gaudreau going would have been a priority for them after last year.

Ruzicka trade was to get back a damn. Because we had too many forwards.

Do you think Romanov has anymore upside? He seems like a one year older bust. The difference between the two seems negligible to me. Actually most of NYI's d core is not ideal. But with pelech out, they seemed more likely to be a trade candidate.

I'd give kyrou a shot if Dallas would part with him. I looked at a full tear down with Anderson going to Dallas, but I'm not sure Stankoven or Bourque will ever be Centers at the NHl level. Dallas fans see them as the second coming of Wyatt Johnston, but given their size and skill sets they both seem to be wingers, and Calgary has enough of them.

I would have stripped the team down more, but vladar, Kadri, and Huberdeau seem untradeable at the moment.

Yeah, but I've done the research and Lindholm is gonna be hard to replace. Unless he really is stuck on the $9mil/yr x 7-8yrs or no longer wants to remain a Flame, I say we re-sign him. That said, I'm hopful his numbers rebound and he's closer to 1.00PPG by the Deadline, which will increase his Trade Value

POJ's okay, but just okay. I'd want POJ + Ty Smith (2-for-1 and Smith can be used to replade Poirier on the Wranglers) Otherwise, there are better targets like Brannstrom or better yet a position of actual need, like C or RD. Would hate to move Ruzicka only for him to explode elsewhere, so unless it's a slam dunk win for the Flames, I'm hesitant to move him

I think Romanov has more upside than Bolduc... Defensemen do typically take longer to develop, but I think between the transition from the KHL to the NHL and the pressure and expectations on him, he's struggling. Not sure he'll be a 1LD or ever as good as Hanifin, but he's Big and Solid Defensively, so could be a decent priced 2LD/3LD option for the Flames. I don't think Bolduc is great at anything, especially his defensive ability, so although my preference is generally Canadians, between the two, I'd definitely go with the Russian on this one for sure

I don't know much about Kyrou tbh, but he appears to be an undersized Offensive D-Man. Does CGY need a Better Offensive D-Man than Weegar & Andersson to QB our Power Play!? Based on this years results, one could argue we absolutely do, but I'm not convinced of that; nor would I want to part with a Bonafide Star RD in Andersson, who should be our next Captain. With Poirier coming up soon, I'd prefer to target a Centre, like Bourque OR C-Arcuri + RD-Gavin White. Gotta wait and see I guess, but Bourque may surprise you and Stank is gonna be one of DAL's UNTOUCHABLES

Nobody's untradeable, you just might not like the return or cost to dump them. We're never gonna tear it down, so a re-tool is the best you can expect or really hope for. Kadri's playing decent for us and Huberdeau is showing some flashes, they just need more time and space to do their thing.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
Dr_Invictus
Yeah, but I've done the research and Lindholm is gonna be hard to replace. Unless he really is stuck on the $9mil/yr x 7-8yrs or no longer wants to remain a Flame, I say we re-sign him. That said, I'm hopful his numbers rebound and he's closer to 1.00PPG by the Deadline, which will increase his Trade Value

POJ's okay, but just okay. I'd want POJ + Ty Smith (2-for-1 and Smith can be used to replade Poirier on the Wranglers) Otherwise, there are better targets like Brannstrom or better yet a position of actual need, like C or RD. Would hate to move Ruzicka only for him to explode elsewhere, so unless it's a slam dunk win for the Flames, I'm hesitant to move him

I think Romanov has more upside than Bolduc... Defensemen do typically take longer to develop, but I think between the transition from the KHL to the NHL and the pressure and expectations on him, he's struggling. Not sure he'll be a 1LD or ever as good as Hanifin, but he's Big and Solid Defensively, so could be a decent priced 2LD/3LD option for the Flames. I don't think Bolduc is great at anything, especially his defensive ability, so although my preference is generally Canadians, between the two, I'd definitely go with the Russian on this one for sure

I don't know much about Kyrou tbh, but he appears to be an undersized Offensive D-Man. Does CGY need a Better Offensive D-Man than Weegar & Andersson to QB our Power Play!? Based on this years results, one could argue we absolutely do, but I'm not convinced of that; nor would I want to part with a Bonafide Star RD in Andersson, who should be our next Captain. With Poirier coming up soon, I'd prefer to target a Centre, like Bourque OR C-Arcuri + RD-Gavin White. Gotta wait and see I guess, but Bourque may surprise you and Stank is gonna be one of DAL's UNTOUCHABLES

Nobody's untradeable, you just might not like the return or cost to dump them. We're never gonna tear it down, so a re-tool is the best you can expect or really hope for. Kadri's playing decent for us and Huberdeau is showing some flashes, they just need more time and space to do their thing.

I'd be happy if they just effectively retooled. Calgary's issue is that they never capitalize on those opportunities to acquire draft capital or assets. They perpetually let players walk or trade them at sub optimal times.

Did you happen to read the Athletic draft rankings article? It compares how teams have drafted relative to their draft capital by expected wins. Calgary ranked 2nd on that list. However, they had one of the lowest number of picks in the last 15 years and the expected wins of Gaudreau and Fox, relative to the expected wins for their draft position, is what pushed them to the top of the rankings (Dallas was 1st). Without those 2 players Calgary would be far lower on the list. In short, they have done well with what little, and poor draft positions, they have had. Hopefully they can pull a Dallas or St Louis and capitalize on a few strategic drafts and retool.

https://theathletic.com/5084336/2023/11/24/nhl-draft-ranking-best-picks?source=user-shared-article
Nov. 27, 2023 at 6:42 p.m.
TrevorA
I'd be happy if they just effectively retooled. Calgary's issue is that they never capitalize on those opportunities to acquire draft capital or assets. They perpetually let players walk or trade them at sub optimal times.

Did you happen to read the Athletic draft rankings article? It compares how teams have drafted relative to their draft capital by expected wins. Calgary ranked 2nd on that list. However, they had one of the lowest number of picks in the last 15 years and the expected wins of Gaudreau and Fox, relative to the expected wins for their draft position, is what pushed them to the top of the rankings (Dallas was 1st). Without those 2 players Calgary would be far lower on the list. In short, they have done well with what little, and poor draft positions, they have had. Hopefully they can pull a Dallas or St Louis and capitalize on a few strategic drafts and retool.

https://theathletic.com/5084336/2023/11/24/nhl-draft-ranking-best-picks?source=user-shared-article

Well we're committed to Huberdau, Kadri and Weegar now and have a New Arena to pay for, so tearing it down will hurt the revenue stream

I'd accept the Draft and Develop Strategy, but CGY sucks at Drafting tbh. Their Scouting has been horrendous

Willam Stromgren, Jake Boltman, Cole Huckins, Cameron Whynot, Mason McDonald, Emile Poirier, Morgan Klimchuk, Keegan Kanzig are all 2nd/3rd Rounds Picks over the past 10 years that won't have produced anything.

Going back further, 1st Rounders over the last 20 years that didn't amount to much in CGY: Juuso Valimaki, Sam Bennett, Mark Jankowski, Sven Baertschi, Tim Erixon, Greg Nemisz, Leland Irving, Matt Pelech and Kris Chucko. The only 1st Rounders that have worked out are Coronato (maybe), Zary (maybe), Pelletier (maybe), Matthew Tkachuk, Sean Monahan, Mikael Backlund, Dion Phaneuf

We've been lucky to land guys in later Rounds, like Gaudreau, Mangiapane, Ruzicka, Pospisil, Kerins, Solovyov and Wolf

So unless it's a Top 10-15 Pick, I've come to the realization that Draft Picks after those are just Lottery Tickets and who knows what you'll get. Guys on this site put WAY too much weight on the value of a 20th-32nd Overall 1st Round Pick, whereas I believe GM's know better and would rather acquire a sure thing than cross their fingers, hold their breath and hope for a quality player out of a late 1st Round Pick....

My tactic would be to pick up guys that other Teams have given up on, like FLA did with Sam Bennett or ARI did with Valimaki and see if we can use them as reclamation projects. jmo for what its worth
Nov. 27, 2023 at 10:26 p.m.
Dr_Invictus
Well we're committed to Huberdau, Kadri and Weegar now and have a New Arena to pay for, so tearing it down will hurt the revenue stream

I'd accept the Draft and Develop Strategy, but CGY sucks at Drafting tbh. Their Scouting has been horrendous

Willam Stromgren, Jake Boltman, Cole Huckins, Cameron Whynot, Mason McDonald, Emile Poirier, Morgan Klimchuk, Keegan Kanzig are all 2nd/3rd Rounds Picks over the past 10 years that won't have produced anything.

Going back further, 1st Rounders over the last 20 years that didn't amount to much in CGY: Juuso Valimaki, Sam Bennett, Mark Jankowski, Sven Baertschi, Tim Erixon, Greg Nemisz, Leland Irving, Matt Pelech and Kris Chucko. The only 1st Rounders that have worked out are Coronato (maybe), Zary (maybe), Pelletier (maybe), Matthew Tkachuk, Sean Monahan, Mikael Backlund, Dion Phaneuf

We've been lucky to land guys in later Rounds, like Gaudreau, Mangiapane, Ruzicka, Pospisil, Kerins, Solovyov and Wolf

So unless it's a Top 10-15 Pick, I've come to the realization that Draft Picks after those are just Lottery Tickets and who knows what you'll get. Guys on this site put WAY too much weight on the value of a 20th-32nd Overall 1st Round Pick, whereas I believe GM's know better and would rather acquire a sure thing than cross their fingers, hold their breath and hope for a quality player out of a late 1st Round Pick....

My tactic would be to pick up guys that other Teams have given up on, like FLA did with Sam Bennett or ARI did with Valimaki and see if we can use them as reclamation projects. jmo for what its worth

There was a really good analysis by the win column, which ran a draft audit between Daryl Sutter and " a hat". Basically, there was no statistical difference between Sutter choosing and just randomly picking a player in that round.

The problem with the athletic article is that Calgary's success has been solely on outliers who had exceptional expected wins over their draft position. Grabbing average players in later rounds may give you some great expected wins, but how many franchise players have Calgary ever selected? Three in 30 years?

If I was Conroy, I would do an audit of all our picks the last 20 years and what our scouting department said about the players we missed on. It's one thing to look at the data of who we picked, but it is another to look at all the reasons why we undervalued other players. There has to be a pattern in all those misses.
KingofRnR liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll