huge trade for fun dont pay any attention to this

Created by: sens65
Team: 2023-24 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 30, 2023
Published: Nov. 30, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Not a realistic post.

But on the off chance you think the values aren't that far off, let me know.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$874,125
Trades
BOS
  1. Batherson, Drake
  2. Kubalik, Dominik
  3. Norris, Joshua
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
Leave aside the cap for now.
CGY
  1. Brännström, Erik
  2. Hamonic, Travis
  3. 2024 1st round pick (DET)
  4. 2024 4th round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Hamonic is just there to get him out of Ottawa.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the DET
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$73,411,505$0$1,930,000$10,088,495

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$8,205,714$8,205,714
LW
UFA - 5
$8,350,000$8,350,000
C
UFA - 8
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
C
RFA - 1
$2,950,000$2,950,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 5
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 30, 2023 at 8:47 p.m.
You should be lowballing Conroy, it's starting to look like he takes the first deal he gets.
sens65 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 8:52 p.m.
Boston declines
Gofnut999, sens65 and BsInOttawa liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 10:28 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsWoahWoah
Boston declines

I agree lol, hence the title.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 9:14 a.m.
For Boston to make this trade, they'd need to be in a position of strength regarding Carlo and want to add forwards instead. But they're not. They don't have the depth to move on from Carlo

Those who would say no because of value are out of their minds. DeBrusk is UFA for christ's sake

Poitras had early hype but he's going to be a middle-six 2-way forward. He's not Norris or Batherson level.

Kubalik + 2nd doesn't get you DeBrusk but the difference is not not very big. Kubalik would be more successful on a team like Boston

So it's basically Norris + Batherson for Carlo + Poitras

I think the value is very close to fair but the problem will be perceived value, Sens are underachieving (which is pretty normal when you start the season with DJ Dorion, I have been saying that for years), so Norris and Batherson value is down. Plus it will take more time for Norris to get his game back after such a serious injury
Dec. 4, 2023 at 9:47 a.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
For Boston to make this trade, they'd need to be in a position of strength regarding Carlo and want to add forwards instead. But they're not. They don't have the depth to move on from Carlo

Those who would say no because of value are out of their minds. DeBrusk is UFA for christ's sake

Poitras had early hype but he's going to be a middle-six 2-way forward. He's not Norris or Batherson level.

Kubalik + 2nd doesn't get you DeBrusk but the difference is not not very big. Kubalik would be more successful on a team like Boston

So it's basically Norris + Batherson for Carlo + Poitras

I think the value is very close to fair but the problem will be perceived value, Sens are underachieving (which is pretty normal when you start the season with DJ Dorion, I have been saying that for years), so Norris and Batherson value is down. Plus it will take more time for Norris to get his game back after such a serious injury

Dude, I'm in Ottawa and a Bruins fan. These are the two teams I follow.

To break it into the two halves that you did:

1. The difference between Kubalik + 2nd and DeBrusk is large. Wouldn't even start to consider that if I'm Sweeney.

2. Forgetting whether the trade is even possible due to cap, the contracts that Norris and Batherson are on - they haven't yet and might not live up to. Carlo is one of the top defensive D in the NHL, and makes less than either of them. Think of him as a bigger, much better Zub. Poitras is running as middle six C on a FIRST PLACE TEAM as a teenager, 1st year of entry level contract. Bergeron was also a "middle 6, 2-way forward" in season previews before their cup win. Poitras isn't Bergeron, but he can hockey.

You'd have to be the pre-cap Leafs or Rangers (ie. money doesn't matter in the slightest, ignore salaries completely) to make this deal, and even then I think it's still in the Sens' favour by quite a bit.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: BsInOttawa

1. The difference between Kubalik + 2nd and DeBrusk is large. Wouldn't even start to consider that if I'm Sweeney.

2. Forgetting whether the trade is even possible due to cap, the contracts that Norris and Batherson are on - they haven't yet and might not live up to. Carlo is one of the top defensive D in the NHL, and makes less than either of them. Think of him as a bigger, much better Zub. Poitras is running as middle six C on a FIRST PLACE TEAM as a teenager, 1st year of entry level contract. Bergeron was also a "middle 6, 2-way forward" in season previews before their cup win. Poitras isn't Bergeron, but he can hockey.

You'd have to be the pre-cap Leafs or Rangers (ie. money doesn't matter in the slightest, ignore salaries completely) to make this deal, and even then I think it's still in the Sens' favour by quite a bit.

Batherson absolutely has lived up to his contract and it has the potential to become one of the best in the league. Norris is a wildcard though.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: BsInOttawa

1. DeBrusk is UFA... Kubalik might be worth a 3rd as a rental so this is 2nd + 3rd... How much more you think DeBrusk is worth as a rental? Large seems excessive

2. Batherson is not living up to his contract? Sure he hasn't been one of the biggest bargains in the league like he was pre Dell cheap shot but his cost per point last season was similar as Jack Hughes, Connor McDavid and William Nylander. The guy can score 70+ pts in the right situation (scored 62 pts last season with a rookie, both coming off a major injury, oh and guy who was not really interested to be there)

2. Carlo is great and my post absolutely went in that sense but I don't know how much better he is than Zub... First, they are similar age and have a similar contract (term/cap hit). Yes Carlo is better but probably not as much as you seem to think. Carlo plays on the Bruins, Zub has been playing on the Sens with clowns as GMs and coaches. The fact that Zub is +11 on that team since 2020-21 is actually impressive

2. okay on Poitras, again in the same sense that I was saying. That said, I don't know how to explain without making it a long story (and have a busy day/week) but Norris and Batherson would also look much better on Boston... It's a coaching and culture thing. They are also coming back from major injury. Trading Norris and Batherson right now is sell low. I wouldn't do it at all.

So yes Carlo and Poitras have value (and even DeBrusk as a rental) but the package is Norris + Batherson + 2nd + 3rd (Kubalik)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll