SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Hanifin to Boston with a long term extension

Dec. 4, 2023 at 6:29 p.m.
Quoting: penguinswin
Did you miss the title of this includes an extension? So for purposes of this premised trade, Lindholm would be extended and not UFA. Does that make a difference? Just trying to get your opinion on it

No. It doesn’t. You’re paying the highest possible salary to have the player forego free agency. You don’t give up a 19 year old center whose displayed this type of ability when you can sign some good players in free agency
Dec. 4, 2023 at 6:31 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
The pretense that you think Lindholm would just be rental isn't working. The chances of him becoming a free agent are approximately none. He'll be traded to the highest bidder before Conroy lets him walk for nothing and the highest bidder will more than likely be one he agrees to extend with.

It was the same thing with O’Reily last year. The chances of him becoming a free agent is driven by whom you trade him to. I believe the most likely scenario is he is traded and signs for a deal. Doesn’t change my premise that I want an upgrade in the top 6, I don’t care if it is Lindholm or someone else
MoxNix liked this.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 7:33 p.m.
Quoting: Celtics21
No. It doesn’t. You’re paying the highest possible salary to have the player forego free agency. You don’t give up a 19 year old center whose displayed this type of ability when you can sign some good players in free agency

Ok
Dec. 4, 2023 at 8:48 p.m.

Except you don't get the chance to sign him before free agency unless you pay the price. Yes for a proven 1st line center you certainly do trade a 19 year old center who's shown he can be an NHL player but is nothing special. If you expect Poitras to be a center comparable to Lindholm then you're probably going to wind up very disappointed.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 9:07 p.m.
Except you don't get the chance to sign him before free agency unless you pay the price. Yes for a proven 1st line center you certainly do trade a 19 year old center who's shown he can be an NHL player but is nothing special. If you expect Poitras to be a center comparable to Lindholm then you're probably going to wind up very disappointed.

If he’s nothing special, why do you keep putting him in your proposals?

I’m not going to be disappointed at all, because the Bruins are good and are going to be a destination for free agents or their decisive GM is going to secure a player. One way or the other, I’m fine with the direction they choose unless Sweeney gets a temporary brain injury and trades Poitras to Calgary
Dec. 4, 2023 at 9:19 p.m.

I’m not going to be disappointed at all, because the Bruins are good and are going to be a destination for free agents or their decisive GM is going to secure a player. One way or the other, I’m fine with the direction they choose unless Sweeney gets a temporary brain injury and trades Poitras to Calgary

You really are clueless. I'm done with you.
Dec. 5, 2023 at 10:12 a.m.
Sir
You really are clueless. I'm done with you.

You can't blame Celtics, you keep basically saying every younger bruins player is nothing special, or a cast away etc. Yet players like Zadorov are worth 1st round picks and more. If Poitras is nothing special, than by your standards neither is half of the Flames roster or more, so why are earth do you think every Flame player is worth ridiculous capital?
Dec. 5, 2023 at 10:31 a.m.
Quoting: Hobo
You can't blame Celtics, you keep basically saying every younger bruins player is nothing special, or a cast away etc. Yet players like Zadorov are worth 1st round picks and more. If Poitras is nothing special, than by your standards neither is half of the Flames roster or more, so why are earth do you think every Flame player is worth ridiculous capital?

I empathize with Calgary fans. It must be disappointing to have your best players not want to resign there. His position on Poitras is idiotic, but I just assume it is driven by frustration. We’ll see how it plays out once they are traded.
Hobo liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll