LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
RFA - 1
$8,800,000$8,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
RD
RFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
UFA - 5
Taxi Squad
$3,400,000$3,400,000 ($2,250,000$2M$2,250,000$2M)
G
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 8 at 5:10 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: gmgb
In a vacuum, Saros would be worth at minimum two 1sts right now (but as has been said already, NSH has no reason to make that trade this season). Given the amount of contenders who desperately need a goalie, there likely would be a huge bidding war. Trenin and Carrier could each likely fetch a 2nd at the deadline.

I don't think I'm as high on Casey as you are.

I’m valuing Casey at a 1st+3rd here. I’d happily replace him with those picks if you like.

My valuation was 2 1sts for Saros
3rd for carrier
2nd for Trenin

And there’s no cap complications in this trade. Most buying teams would require bad cap coming back your way or more likely, retention.
Jan. 8 at 5:11 p.m.
In a vacuum, Saros would be worth at minimum two 1sts right now (but as has been said already, NSH has no reason to make that trade this season). Given the amount of contenders who desperately need a goalie, there likely would be a huge bidding war. Trenin and Carrier could each likely fetch a 2nd at the deadline.

I don't think I'm as high on Casey as you are.

Devils, Leafs, Canes, Avs, are top teams that would definitely bid for Saros if available

Plus players at the TDL always get overpaid for like Chariot
gmgb liked this.
Jan. 8 at 5:13 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Rags21
Well it’s either ride out the injuries and likely miss playoffs or massive overpay for a big splash to keep the playoff hopes alive. I don’t see any other way

I’m happy to ride out the injuries and take on cap casualties. If things are in a bad spot then you sell toffoli and move on to next year with our lottery 1st as a bargaining chip. We’re in a playoff spot right now.

The devils now have a luxury most teams don’t. Cap space

We, unlike virtually every other potential buyer, would not require cap sent back or retention in any trade we do. That gives us options and an advantage in any potential trade.
Jan. 8 at 5:16 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Devils, Leafs, Canes, Avs, are top teams that would definitely bid for Saros if available

Leafs don’t have cap space to take on a 5 mill goalie (and Jones and Woll have played great so far), but hey if they want to free it up we’ll take a dirt cheap Brodie and pick up Martin Jones on waivers (he’s been excellent). If the Avs go for Saros, good. We’ll take a dirt cheap Georgiev then. Canes again need retention or to send back bad cap. I’d take on Freddy for free and see if he can come back
Jan. 8 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
I’m happy to ride out the injuries and take on cap casualties. If things are in a bad spot then you sell toffoli and move on to next year with our lottery 1st as a bargaining chip. We’re in a playoff spot right now.

The devils now have a luxury most teams don’t. Cap space

We, unlike virtually every other potential buyer, would not require cap sent back or retention in any trade we do. That gives us options and an advantage in any potential trade.

Teams do not care if they need to retain or not lol. They do it because it increases the value of return. It’s common sense

They would rather trade Carrier at 50% retained for a 1st than not retained for a 2nd
Jan. 8 at 5:18 p.m.
I’m valuing Casey at a 1st+3rd here. I’d happily replace him with those picks if you like.

My valuation was 2 1sts for Saros
3rd for carrier
2nd for Trenin

And there’s no cap complications in this trade. Most buying teams would require bad cap coming back your way or more likely, retention.

Yeah, I was factoring in no cap/bad contracts headed back to NSH too.

EDM too, I imagine. Not a top team in the standings at the moment, but still in their contending window.
Jan. 8 at 5:19 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Teams do not care if they need to retain or not lol. They do it because it increases the value of return. It’s common sense

They would rather trade Carrier at 50% retained for a 1st than not retained for a 2nd

If someone pays a 1st for carrier they can go right ahead. But I really don’t see a comp for that.

It’s more like: if you can have a 3rd for retained carrier or a 3rd for unretained carrier which do you pick?
Jan. 8 at 5:20 p.m.
Leafs don’t have cap space to take on a 5 mill goalie (and Jones and Woll have played great so far), but hey if they want to free it up we’ll take a dirt cheap Brodie and pick up Martin Jones on waivers (he’s been excellent). If the Avs go for Saros, good. We’ll take a dirt cheap Georgiev then. Canes again need retention or to send back bad cap. I’d take on Freddy for free and see if he can come back

Why would anyone help the devils lmao. They would just send Georgiev or Jones the other way in a trade. You act like all these teams would do the devils a favor when it reality it would never happen lmao

You’re extremely delusional if you think the devils would get Georgiev, Jones or Andersen FOR FREE
Jan. 8 at 5:21 p.m.
If someone pays a 1st for carrier they can go right ahead. But I really don’t see a comp for that.

It’s more like: if you can have a 3rd for retained carrier or a 3rd for unretained carrier which do you pick?

What did bum Chiarot go for at the deadline? Lol
Jan. 8 at 5:21 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yeah, I was factoring in no cap/bad contracts headed back to NSH too.

EDM too, I imagine. Not a top team in the standings at the moment, but still in their contending window.

Edmonton is almost certainly gonna want to send back Jack Campbell in any Saros deal.

3 1sts (or equivalent value)+50% retained Campbell for 50% retained Saros maybe. I think I’d take that as the press but idk if it would be offered?
Jan. 8 at 5:24 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Why would anyone help the devils lmao. They would just send Georgiev or Jones the other way in a trade. You act like all these teams would do the devils a favor when it reality it would never happen lmao

You’re extremely delusional if you think the devils would get Georgiev, Jones or Andersen FOR FREE

Are the Avs gonna carry 3 goalies? Neither of the 2 right now have waiver exemption
Are the canes gonna carry 3 goalies? (4 including Raanta). How are they gonna fit the cap?
Are the leafs gonna carry 3 goalies? (4 including Samsonov). None are waiver exempt. How are they gonna fit the cap?
Jan. 8 at 5:25 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
What did bum Chiarot go for at the deadline? Lol

1 overpayment does not make a market. What did Schenn go for last deadline?

Chiarot was a veteran top pairing dman getting 23:30 of hard minutes.

Carrier is a relatively inexperienced 3rd pairing dman getting about 18 minutes a nifht
Jan. 8 at 5:28 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

So then the Preds have an extra goalie they don’t want. And we’d trade for them.

You seem to be misunderstanding. The devils would be clearing cap space and roster space for all these teams.

It’s the devils who are doing the favour, not the other way around.
Jan. 8 at 5:29 p.m.
Are the Avs gonna carry 3 goalies? Neither of the 2 right now have waiver exemption
Are the canes gonna carry 3 goalies? (4 including Raanta). How are they gonna fit the cap?
Are the leafs gonna carry 3 goalies? (4 including Samsonov). None are waiver exempt. How are they gonna fit the cap?

By sending a goalie back in the trade for cap purposes lol go ahead and claim Samsonov or Ranta, I’d love that for the devils. Preds could then flip either Georgiev or Jones for more assets
Jan. 8 at 5:29 p.m.
Archiv3

2nd for Trenin

I know this isn't the main piece of the trade but, can you explain why a pending UFA with a career high 24 points, who's on pace for 19 this year and would be on the 4th line costs a 2nd rd pick? There's not even any retention. It probably only costs a 5th or 6th rd pick.
Jan. 8 at 5:30 p.m.
So then the Preds have an extra goalie they don’t want. And we’d trade for them.

You seem to be misunderstanding. The devils would be clearing cap space and roster space for all these teams.

It’s the devils who are doing the favour, not the other way around.

Yea and you’ll pay for them, not get them for free lol. Nashville trades Saros and they still need to ice a starting goalie so I doubt they care if they keep them
Jan. 8 at 5:31 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Archiv3
I know this isn't the main piece of the trade but, can you explain why a pending UFA with a career high 24 points, who's on pace for 19 this year and would be on the 4th line costs a 2nd rd pick? There's not even any retention. It probably only costs a 5th or 6th rd pick.

I really like Trenin. Very good PKer and I feel like he would fit in NJD. Maybe I’m overrating him.
Jan. 8 at 5:34 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Yea and you’ll pay for them, not get them for free lol. Nashville trades Saros and they still need to ice a starting goalie so I doubt they care if they keep them

Not significant prices. I’d pay a 2nd for Georgiev to Nashville. Who btw I don’t know if you know has Askarov.

Nashville would be flipping any of those guys, and who else is buying them? The other teams with no cap and goalie issues in a game of musical chairs until we get the last one?

You simply don’t want NJD to get a goalie. So you have manufactured reasons why we can’t get one. Taking advantage of discarded cap/roster casualties (because we are virtually the only buying team with cap. Why would Nashville want Martin Jones?

You seem to think Nashville is actively trying to spite NJD for some reason?
Jan. 8 at 5:39 p.m.
Not significant prices. I’d pay a 2nd for Georgiev to Nashville. Who btw I don’t know if you know has Askarov.

Nashville would be flipping any of those guys, and who else is buying them? The other teams with no cap and goalie issues in a game of musical chairs until we get the last one?

You simply don’t want NJD to get a goalie. So you have manufactured reasons why we can’t get one. Taking advantage of discarded cap/roster casualties (because we are virtually the only buying team with cap. Why would Nashville want Martin Jones?

You seem to think Nashville is actively trying to spite NJD for some reason?

And you seem to think teams would just hand over a starting/decent goalie to the devils for free lol Nashville would want a starter because their prospect definitely isn’t ready. The NHL is a different game than the NHL
Jan. 8 at 5:40 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
And you seem to think teams would just hand over a starting/decent goalie to the devils for free lol Nashville would want a starter because their prospect definitely isn’t ready. The NHL is a different game than the NHL

Then we’d take Lankinen for dirt cheap.

And we’d be paying for Georgiev, Jones (from TO before he has to hit waivers), and Freddy (actually Freddie would probably be free with his injuries). Just at discounted rates because they are unneeded surplus’s.

Teams trade players all the time for discounted returns because of cap and roster reasons. You just don’t like that the devils can take advantage of it
Jan. 8 at 5:47 p.m.
Then we’d take Lankinen for dirt cheap.

And we’d be paying for Georgiev, Jones (from TO before he has to hit waivers), and Freddy (actually Freddie would probably be free with his injuries). Just at discounted rates because they are unneeded surplus’s.

Teams trade players all the time for discounted returns because of cap and roster reasons. You just don’t like that the devils can take advantage of it

Why wouldn’t Nashville start Georgiev or jones or whoever they get in return and have Lankinen backup lol. They don’t have to get rid of the goalie they get in return

Besides Nashville fans literally said your offer is light, so I’m not the only one lol
Jan. 8 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: tupty
I appreciate that you recognize what Gryz has been, but this has been a bad year for him. He has been unavailable due to injury, and when he comes back he has not looked good. Giveaways, mishandling the puck, and questionable decisions. He played well in the Tampa game so he might be turning it around. But if he were to be traded today, a 4 or a 5 is probably all he would get. I suspect Boston just keeps him for depth unless they trade him for cap space to bring in a different D man.

With the price that depth dmen go for at the deadline, I can't imagine the Bs couldn't get a 3rd simply based on Gryz's track record. I think he's looked pretty good the past few games, especially against Tampa. Agreed he's had a disappointing year for the most part, hoping he turns it around.
Jan. 8 at 5:54 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Why wouldn’t Nashville start Georgiev or jones or whoever they get in return and have Lankinen backup lol. They don’t have to get rid of the goalie they get in return

Besides Nashville fans literally said your offer is light, so I’m not the only one lol

In reality the nashville fan said
2 1sts for Saros but he thinks a bidding war would drive it up.
2nd for both the other pieces.

So I was off by the difference between a 2nd and 3rd. Pretty good considering the homer tax that comes from every fanbase where you have to knock down their player valuations a touch

Now go ask these buyers what they would pay.

Go ask colorado fans if they would pay 2 1sts+Georgiev for Saros
Go ask leafs fans if they would pay 2 1sts+Jones+whatever the cost is to clear cap for Saros
Go ask Carolina fans if they would pay 2 1sts+freddie for Saros
Go ask Edmonton fans if they would pay 2 1sts+ the cost to dump jack campbell (probably another 2 1sts) for saros.

And then ask them if they would beat these offers.

Go find me a fanbase that's offering 2 2nds for unretained Carrier and Trenin.
Jan. 8 at 5:54 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: LPProductions
With the price that depth dmen go for at the deadline, I can't imagine the Bs couldn't get a 3rd simply based on Gryz's track record. I think he's looked pretty good the past few games, especially against Tampa. Agreed he's had a disappointing year for the most part, hoping he turns it around.

Which contenders have the cap space and interest in spending that cap space on gryz tho? If they can get more good for them, but I don't see it as a very likely possibility
Jan. 8 at 5:58 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

You wanna know what the edmonton fans most recent offer for these 3 was?

Bourgault, Xavier
Campbell, Jack
Ceci, Cody
2024 1st round pick (EDM)
2024 6th round pick (NSH)
2025 7th round pick (EDM)

the most recent leafs offer on trade machine for Saros
Samsonov, Ilya
Timmins, Conor
Robertson, Nicholas
Minten, Fraser
2024 1st round pick