Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,500,000$84,328,848$0$2,500,000$3,171,152

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$6,265,000$6,265,000
LW, C
RFA
$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW
RFA - 2
$1,865,000$1,865,000
C, LW
RFA
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,165,000$2,165,000
RW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,350,000$8,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
RFA
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
G
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 15 at 1:24 a.m.
Quoting: westleysnipez
Let's recap.

You've only provided xGAR vs. team and increased Sh% to back up your point. When you compare it to xGAR vs. League, the Canucks are far higher. Increased Sh% across the board shows good pro-scouting. If the career Sh% was down, we'd be saying the pro-scouting is bad. Each of my points has had numbers that back up my point that you haven't been able to refute. Please, instead of arguing saying 'you're wrong,' back up your point with facts and logic.

It doesnt and no we wouldnt. You still havent explained to me how this is correlated? The canucks also have the highest pdo ever recorded since they started tracking this stuff. This is the raw stat that we typically use to measure luck. Some PDO can be sustainable. The highest ever? Probably a bit lucky.

I would actually love any kind of stat or article that explains in any way how a massive increase in shooting percentage, which has largely always been driven by luck for most players in a sport dubbed one of the most luck driven, is somehow an indicator of great pro scouting?

you honestly expect me to believe that a pro scout sat in a meeting with patrick allvin or whatever his name is and said "these guys are going to come here and shoot 23% at 5v5 trust" . Really?
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 15 at 1:25 a.m.
Quoting: Mediumyeet
It's paraphrasing but is essentially what you said.

It's actually not at all what I said. Im saying the team is lucky, and the Sabres need to get lucky too in order to be successful. That was literally my first post.

The shooting percentage bender from the bottom half of the lineup isnt indicative of good scouting. certainly not over a half season.
Jan. 15 at 1:29 a.m.
Quoting: Stadel
It's actually not at all what I said. Im saying the team is lucky, and the Sabres need to get lucky too in order to be successful. That was literally my first post.

The shooting percentage bender from the bottom half of the lineup isnt indicative of good scouting. certainly not over a half season.

If you say so pal.
Stadel liked this.
Jan. 15 at 1:29 a.m.
If you say so pal.

I do say so thank you bud.
Jan. 15 at 1:38 a.m.
westleysnipez
It doesnt and no we wouldnt. You still havent explained to me how this is correlated? The canucks also have the highest pdo ever recorded since they started tracking this stuff. This is the raw stat that we typically use to measure luck. Some PDO can be sustainable. The highest ever? Probably a bit lucky.

I would actually love any kind of stat or article that explains in any way how a massive increase in shooting percentage, which has largely always been driven by luck for most players in a sport dubbed one of the most luck driven, is somehow an indicator of great pro scouting?

you honestly expect me to believe that a pro scout sat in a meeting with patrick allvin or whatever his name is and said "these guys are going to come here and shoot 23% at 5v5 trust" . Really?

Well, since you don't know what a pro scout's job is...

A pro-scout's job is to scout talented players who would fit well with the GM's vision. All the players they have scouted and informed the GM to sign are doing very well, above average in league stats across the board, and seeing career highs in performance. If a UFA player performs higher than their contract in the first season they've signed, that's very good value as it's often the exact opposite. That means the pro-scout is doing a good job.

It's not luck if it's over more than half a season. 42 games of "gReATeSt PdO iN yEarS" is not luck. That's just pure chemistry and skill, all the gears working at once to perfection. You don't get that with a poor pro scout.
Mediumyeet liked this.
Jan. 15 at 1:39 a.m.
Well, since you don't know what a pro scout's job is...

A pro-scout's job is to scout talented players who would fit well with the GM's vision. All the players they have scouted and informed the GM to sign are doing very well, above average in league stats across the board, and seeing career highs in performance. If a UFA player performs higher than their contract in the first season they've signed, that's very good value as it's often the exact opposite. That means the pro-scout is doing a good job.

It's not luck if it's over more than half a season. 42 games of "gReATeSt PdO iN yEarS" is not luck. That's just pure chemistry and skill, all the gears working at once to perfection. You don't get that with a poor pro scout.

so no stats or articles to back that claim. Just that I should take your word, do I have that correct?
Jan. 15 at 2:07 a.m.
westleysnipez
so no stats or articles to back that claim. Just that I should take your word, do I have that correct?

I've already provided that. xGAR vs. league, the Athletic article rating each team's off-season, the xGF%, etc. You provided xGAR vs. team, which was a worse stat than xGAR vs. league. Please, provide your own articles and stats that counter those.

the Athletic: https://theathletic.com/5198814/2024/01/14/nhl-offseason-grades-halfway-season-midpoint/

Evolving Hockey: xGAR

Moneypuck: xGF% by line/pairing
Mediumyeet liked this.
Jan. 15 at 2:18 a.m.
I've already provided that. xGAR vs. league, the Athletic article rating each team's off-season, the xGF%, etc. You provided xGAR vs. team, which was a worse stat than xGAR vs. league. Please, provide your own articles and stats that counter those.

the Athletic: https://theathletic.com/5198814/2024/01/14/nhl-offseason-grades-halfway-season-midpoint/

off season grades at the mid way point is not a stat back up to why shooting percentage is directly correlated to good pro scouting. you havent provided anything regarding that other than your say so.

im literally asking a simple question and you're tip toeing around everything. Do you have any stats or articles that show that there is a direct correlation between shooting percentage being very high and good pro scouting? An article or anything?

I get it you provided xGAR vs league and xGF of a line. I dont care. Im asking for any shred of evidence that links high shooting percentage to good pro scouting, the same way there are articles that show sudden shooting percentage increases are a result of luck like this one.

https://jfresh.substack.com/p/percentage-luck-in-hockey-explained#:~:text=Both%20save%20percentage%20and%20shooting,(it%20just%20makes%20sense).
Jan. 15 at 2:25 a.m.

oh and since you brought up XGF

https://evolving-hockey.com/stats/team_rapm/?_inputs_&rapm_tm_team=%22All%22&rapm_tm_str=%22EV%22&rapm_tm_type=%22Rates%22&rapm_tm_range=%22Seasons%22&rapm_tm_season=%2220232024%22&rapm_tm_span=%22Regular%22&rapm_tm_group=%22Season%22

Canucks are 17th in XGF/60 and 24th in XGA/60. But Im sure that was all part of the pro scouts plan.
Jan. 15 at 2:28 a.m.
off season grades at the mid way point is not a stat back up to why shooting percentage is directly correlated to good pro scouting. you havent provided anything regarding that other than your say so.

im literally asking a simple question and you're tip toeing around everything. Do you have any stats or articles that show that there is a direct correlation between shooting percentage being very high and good pro scouting? An article or anything?

I get it you provided xGAR vs league and xGF of a line. I dont care. Im asking for any shred of evidence that links high shooting percentage to good pro scouting, the same way there are articles that show sudden shooting percentage increases are a result of luck like this one.

https://jfresh.substack.com/p/percentage-luck-in-hockey-explained#:~:text=Both%20save%20percentage%20and%20shooting,(it%20just%20makes%20sense).

How about moneypucks xGoal% has Joshua Blueger Garland line as the Canucks best line and the 24th best line in the league. And then Lafferty Petterson Mikhehev as the 25th best line. (minimum 100 minutes played together which is the standard limit on moneypucks).

Canucks pro scouting and management identified 2/3rd's of the Canucks top 2 lines. Since you don't care about comparisons to the rest of the league and only comparisons on Vancouver this pretty much refutes everything you're saying about bad pro scouting. And don't bring sh% in because this is only expected.
Jan. 15 at 2:32 a.m.
How about moneypucks xGoal% has Joshua Blueger Garland line as the Canucks best line and the 24th best line in the league. And then Lafferty Petterson Mikhehev as the 25th best line. (minimum 100 minutes played together which is the standard limit on moneypucks).

Canucks pro scouting and management identified 2/3rd's of the Canucks top 2 lines. Since you don't care about comparisons to the rest of the league and only comparisons on Vancouver this pretty much refutes everything you're saying about bad pro scouting. And don't bring sh% in because this is only expected.

yeah my stats are bad but the one that has 2/3rds of the canucks top 2 lines ranked 15 and 16 spots lower than the greenway-benson-mittelstadt line is top notch? Wow sabres must have some great pro scouting!
Jan. 15 at 2:35 a.m.
yeah my stats are bad but the one that has 2/3rds of the canucks top 2 lines ranked 15 and 16 spots lower than the greenway-benson-mittelstadt line is top notch? Wow sabres must have some great pro scouting!

2/3rds of that line is actually thanks to amateur scouting not pro scouting. You were close though so good job. At least you are learning.
Jan. 15 at 2:38 a.m.
2/3rds of that line is actually thanks to amateur scouting not pro scouting. You were close though so good job.

well actually 1/3. see the amateur scouts who drafted mittelstadt are long gone. Pro scouts who scout other teams ahead of matchups with the sabres will gather info and offer recommendations to the HC on who might do well on which line.

Everyone thought the amateur scouts screwed up the mittelstadt pick until granato and the pro scouts changed his line and usage lol

Edit: actually not even 1/3. Im not giving the amateur scouts credit on Benson, dude fell like 6 spots, that was luck.
Jan. 15 at 2:40 a.m.
well actually 1/3. see the amateur scouts who drafted mittelstadt are long gone. Pro scouts who scout other teams ahead of matchups with the sabres will gather info and offer recommendations to the HC on who might do well on which line.

Everyone thought the amateur scouts screwed up the mittelstadt pick until granato and the pro scouts changed his line and usage lol

Edit: actually not even 1/3. Im not giving the amateur scouts credit on Benson, dude fell like 6 spots, that was luck.

Oh okay so we can attribute Miller and Boeser to our pro scouting too. Awesome. Ya Canucks pro scouting must suck. Miller, Boeser, Hronek. No good players there.
Jan. 15 at 2:43 a.m.
Oh okay so we can attribute Miller and Boeser to our pro scouting too. Awesome. Ya Canucks pro scouting must suck. Miller, Boeser, Hronek. No good players there.

well hronek does suck so that doesn't help your case lol.

JT Miller definitely is a pro scouting move, they traded for him didn't they? Boeser? Yeah he's definitely all pro scouting and not on the shooting bender of his life. Yes definitely no red flags there. In fact, the canucks should definitely give him all of the money as soon as he's eligible this summer.
Jan. 15 at 2:50 a.m.
westleysnipez
2/3rds of that line is actually thanks to amateur scouting not pro scouting. You were close though so good job. At least you are learning.

The guy clearly has no argument, he's just denying all the facts that we're giving to him without backing it up.
oh and since you brought up XGF

https://evolving-hockey.com/stats/team_rapm/?_inputs_&rapm_tm_team=%22All%22&rapm_tm_str=%22EV%22&rapm_tm_type=%22Rates%22&rapm_tm_range=%22Seasons%22&rapm_tm_season=%2220232024%22&rapm_tm_span=%22Regular%22&rapm_tm_group=%22Season%22

Canucks are 17th in XGF/60 and 24th in XGA/60. But Im sure that was all part of the pro scouts plan.

No, they're not. NaturalStatTrick and MoneyPuck both have Vancouver 2nd in GF% and 5th in xG%.
Mediumyeet liked this.
Jan. 15 at 2:53 a.m.
westleysnipez

You're literally moving the goalposts. "Do you have any articles backing up the Canucks have good scouts? Oh you do? Well, those don't count its only midway through the season."

If they don't count because its midway through the season, then why does it matter, we're only halfway through the season? Shouldn't we take the whole season to say the Canucks have a bad pro scouting?
Jan. 15 at 2:56 a.m.
Edited Jan. 15 at 3:05 a.m.
The guy clearly has no argument, he's just denying all the facts that we're giving to him without backing it up.

No, they're not. NaturalStatTrick and MoneyPuck both have Vancouver 2nd in GF% and 5th in xG%.

you could at least click the link i provided to see the stats yourself instead of dismissing it because you dont like the results lol. The stats I provided were regularized adjusted plus minus adjusted.

https://hockey-graphs.com/2019/01/14/reviving-regularized-adjusted-plus-minus-for-hockey/ <--- You wont read it, but its cool info.

You still haven't answered my question which i find hilarious

If my team was as good as you guys think the canucks are I wouldnt go 15 rounds with a stranger on capfriendly for validation over them. Kinda strange that you were willing to.
Jan. 15 at 2:58 a.m.
You're literally moving the goalposts. "Do you have any articles backing up the Canucks have good scouts? Oh you do? Well, those don't count its only midway through the season."

If they don't count because its midway through the season, then why does it matter, we're only halfway through the season? Shouldn't we take the whole season to say the Canucks have a bad pro scouting?

wow neither of you have any idea how to actually use quotes, amazing lol. An article from the atheltic is not stats that backup the idea that shooting percentage benders and pro scouting success are directly correlated. Its just an article saying the canucks are good. Whoopie? Im just supposed to take his word for it?

Like this whole thing is down to you desperately wanting me to take your word for how good the canucks are. Why do you need that so badly?
Jan. 15 at 3:09 a.m.
westleysnipez
you could at least click the link i provided to see the stats yourself instead of dismissing it because you dont like the results lol. The stats I provided were real plus minus adjusted.

https://hockey-graphs.com/2019/01/14/reviving-regularized-adjusted-plus-minus-for-hockey/ <--- You wont read it, but its cool info.

You still haven't answered my question which i find hilarious

If my team was as good as you guys think the canucks are I wouldnt go 15 rounds with a stranger on capfriendly for validation over them. Kinda strange that you were willing to.

When you know you've lost the debate and have nothing left to fall back on, so you try and insult them for doing... the exact same thing you are? I don't get what you're going for here. Why are you trying to tear others down? Is it because you have no faith in your team, so you think no one else should? It's just sad dude. I'm replying to you in between rounds of LC with the boys and you're a side conversation, meanwhile I'm the highlight of your day. Do something else with your time my guy. Be better.

Anyway, I'm done with the games tonight. @mediumyeet don't bother with this clown anymore.
Jan. 15 at 3:12 a.m.
When you know you've lost the debate and have nothing left to fall back on, so you try and insult them for doing... the exact same thing you are? I don't get what you're going for here. Why are you trying to tear others down? Is it because you have no faith in your team, so you think no one else should? It's just sad dude. I'm replying to you in between rounds of LC with the boys and you're a side conversation, meanwhile I'm the highlight of your day.

you are definitely the something of my day, that's for sure. Im not certain the word is highlight though. I dont know what LC is. I wasn't insulting you. Im actually curious why yall are so stuck on this if you know your team is so good. Why do you feel the need to convince me? Why does it matter if you are so sure you are right?
Jan. 15 at 3:17 a.m.
Go Yotes Go
you are definitely the something of my day, that's for sure. Im not certain the word is highlight though. I dont know what LC is. I wasn't insulting you. Im actually curious why yall are so stuck on this if you know your team is so good. Why do you feel the need to convince me? Why does it matter if you are so sure you are right?

Bruh, you tripping. This thread entertaining as hell, Canucks the real deal.
Jan. 15 at 3:21 a.m.
Quoting: Zonafan88
Bruh, you tripping. This thread entertaining as hell, Canucks the real deal.

well im glad someone enjoyed it lol
Jan. 15 at 3:25 a.m.
When you know you've lost the debate and have nothing left to fall back on, so you try and insult them for doing... the exact same thing you are? I don't get what you're going for here. Why are you trying to tear others down? Is it because you have no faith in your team, so you think no one else should? It's just sad dude. I'm replying to you in between rounds of LC with the boys and you're a side conversation, meanwhile I'm the highlight of your day. Do something else with your time my guy. Be better.

Anyway, I'm done with the games tonight. mediumyeet don't bother with this clown anymore.

Also love that you tried to take the high road on "insult" when none was intended and then literally in the next paragraph, a targeted insult towards me lol. Great stuff.
Jan. 15 at 10:04 a.m.
Go Yotes Go
Also love that you tried to take the high road on "insult" when none was intended and then literally in the next paragraph, a targeted insult towards me lol. Great stuff.

Bruh, you softer than 2-ply. Don't act like you didn't try chirping him first with that meme and other stuff. Weak.
Mediumyeet and westleysnipez liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll