SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

TEXAS TIGER

Created by: delete
Published: Jan. 18 at 9:29 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 91/192 (47%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the upper limit has been exceeded by one of the trade parties

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Coleman, BlakeCalgary FlamesNHL-$4,900,000011---44201838--
Schwindt, ColeWaivers ExemptCalgary FlamesMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Faksa, RadekDallas StarsNHL-$3,250,000011---36369--
Stankoven, LoganWaivers ExemptDallas StarsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$3,784,3342245643710
Change$1,650,000000000
Final$5,434,334 (↑)2245643710-17-12-29

Logo of the Dallas StarsDallas Stars

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Faksa, RadekDallas StarsNHL-$1,540,365011---36369--
Stankoven, LoganWaivers ExemptDallas StarsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Coleman, BlakeCalgary FlamesNHL-$2,322,396011---44201838--
Schwindt, ColeWaivers ExemptCalgary FlamesMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$420,8432244573410
Change-$782,031000000
Final-$361,188 (↓)2244573410171229
Jan. 19 at 10:59 a.m.
i am not sure why this deal doesnt seem to interest anyone,Coleman has been the flames best forward and gives the stars just what they need to win a cup.
Jan. 19 at 2:00 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
Quoting: delete
i am not sure why this deal doesnt seem to interest anyone,Coleman has been the flames best forward and gives the stars just what they need to win a cup.

Stankoven is off the table, and the Stars don't need another middle-6 winger, especially at the cost of giving up their best prospect.
Jan. 19 at 7:45 p.m.
Quoting: TheMooterus
Stankoven is off the table, and the Stars don't need another middle-6 winger, especially at the cost of giving up their best prospect.

you realize the stars are using dadonov and steel in there top 9 dont you.coleman has been the flames best forward and a proven cup winner.i see this as the stars final piece,i really like there team.
Jan. 19 at 8:55 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
you realize the stars are using dadonov and steel in there top 9 dont you.coleman has been the flames best forward and a proven cup winner.i see this as the stars final piece,i really like there team.

You realize that the Stars are using Dadonov in a top-9 role & have the 3rd best Goals For per game in the NHL. Not sure how you look at the Stars and think that their biggest need is another middle-6 winger when the entire right side of their blue line is one of the worst in the league.
Jan. 19 at 9:24 p.m.
You realize that the Stars are using Dadonov in a top-9 role & have the 3rd best Goals For per game in the NHL. Not sure how you look at the Stars and think that their biggest need is another middle-6 winger when the entire right side of their blue line is one of the worst in the league.

heiskanen is a lefty but plays the right side,he was my norris trophy pick last yr.i like the stars defence,goaltending and forwards except for there 9th forward either dadonov or steel.i really think there a favorite this yr.coleman has 20 goals already,and knows how to win cups.stankoven isnt there best prospect top 5 sure,hes 5ft8.but i can see why you would want to keep him.but i also think the stars are a coleman away from stanley,so whats that worth.
Jan. 20 at 12:25 a.m.
True Reverse Retro
heiskanen is a lefty but plays the right side,he was my norris trophy pick last yr.i like the stars defence,goaltending and forwards except for there 9th forward either dadonov or steel.i really think there a favorite this yr.coleman has 20 goals already,and knows how to win cups.stankoven isnt there best prospect top 5 sure,hes 5ft8.but i can see why you would want to keep him.but i also think the stars are a coleman away from stanley,so whats that worth.

Correct, Heiskanen does play the right side. He's been out for the last month and Dallas' defense has been pretty abhorrent since then. With Heiskanen out, Harley is the only legitimate top-4 caliber defenseman that Dallas has.

- Lindell is not what he used to be and can only play in certain situations, good 3rd pair shutdown guy if used in a limited role
- Suter is one of the slowest defesnemen in the league at this point
- Hakanpaa has the worst hands of any defenseman I've ever seen, only semi-useful on the PK
- Lundkvist is John Klingberg but without any of the offense (atrocious defensively)
- Hanley is a good 7th defenseman

Dallas currently has as their top-9:

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Marchment-Seguin-Duchene
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov

Are you really going to try and tell me that swapping their #9 forward for Coleman is Dallas' biggest need right now? Because that's not true at all. And that will lead me into the 2nd point I'll make here...

If Dallas did want to replace Dadonov in the lineup, why wouldn't they just call up one of the two prospects that currently lead the AHL in scoring (Bourque or Stankoven)? It would be far cheaper, Dallas gets to keep their top prospect, and they can shift their focus elsewhere, like fixing the defense.

And yes, Stankoven is Dallas' top prospect. The whole "bUt He'S oNlY 5'8" argument doesn't hold much water when he torches opposing defenses the way he does. DeBrincat is small, Tyler Johnson is small, Cole Caufield is small, Mats Zuccarello is small, Cam Atkinson is small, I could go on for a little bit. Point being that the size of a player doesn't mean as much in today's NHL as it did 25 years ago. The game is getting faster, more agile & less physical.

When you lead the WHL in scoring in your U18 season, trail only Connor Bedard in your U19 season, and currently lead the AHL in scoring AS A ROOKIE yeah he's definitely Dallas' top prospect. Bourque and Bichsel are close behind him, but Stankoven still sits at #1

TLDR; Stars don't need Coleman, they need defense & Dallas isn't trading away their top prospect.

P.S. - Also the cap space doesn't work, so there's that
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Jan. 20 at 1:24 a.m.
Correct, Heiskanen does play the right side. He's been out for the last month and Dallas' defense has been pretty abhorrent since then. With Heiskanen out, Harley is the only legitimate top-4 caliber defenseman that Dallas has.

- Lindell is not what he used to be and can only play in certain situations, good 3rd pair shutdown guy if used in a limited role
- Hakanpaa has the worst hands of any defenseman I've ever seen, only semi-useful on the PK
- Lundkvist is John Klingberg but without any of the offense (atrocious defensively)

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Marchment-Seguin-Duchene
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov

Are you really going to try and tell me that swapping their #9 forward for Coleman is Dallas' biggest need right now? Because that's not true at all. And that will lead me into the 2nd point I'll make here...

If Dallas did want to replace Dadonov in the lineup, why wouldn't they just call up one of the two prospects that currently lead the AHL in scoring (Bourque or Stankoven)? It would be far cheaper, Dallas gets to keep their top prospect, and they can shift their focus elsewhere, like fixing the defense.

And yes, Stankoven is Dallas' top prospect. The whole "bUt He'S oNlY 5'8" argument doesn't hold much water when he torches opposing defenses the way he does. DeBrincat is small, Tyler Johnson is small, Cole Caufield is small, Mats Zuccarello is small, Cam Atkinson is small, I could go on for a little bit. Point being that the size of a player doesn't mean as much in today's NHL as it did 25 years ago. The game is getting faster, more agile & less physical.

When you lead the WHL in scoring in your U18 season, trail only Connor Bedard in your U19 season, and currently lead the AHL in scoring AS A ROOKIE yeah he's definitely Dallas' top prospect. Bourque and Bichsel are close behind him, but Stankoven still sits at #1

TLDR; Stars don't need Coleman, they need defense & Dallas isn't trading away their top prospect.

I'm curious to know which defenseman you would remove of Dallas and to which you would remplace him for ??

I try to see who would be change and even if they have there own weakness they are doing okay stats wise. Dallas is also near cap limit so that limit they're options.

Money wise I could see Lindell or Suter or old wise Suter or hakanpaa but like I say they are doing okay and already know Dallas gameplay. It's hard decision I think.
Jan. 20 at 11:31 a.m.

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Marchment-Seguin-Duchene
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov

i really think your selling that d core way too short,especially when heiskanen comes back.they havent called up stankoven and bourque because there not ready.i would be surprised if scouts think stankoven is there best prospect,and yes being 5 ft 8 does matter,its a big boy game in the playoffs.you obviously dont respect just how good coleman is,hes been the flames top forward and has 20 goals.and as far as cap goes that why the 3 mil plus,4th liner faksa is in the deal,so cap wise its not far off.were not going to agree on this one,but when i look at your top 9 you put up,i see a glaring hole where dadonovs name is.
Jan. 21 at 11:00 a.m.
come on jim nill bring the texas tiger home to win a cup.
Jan. 22 at 1:07 p.m.
come on dallas your so so close.
Jan. 28 at 9:28 p.m.
still makes sense
Feb. 9 at 10:19 a.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
I'm curious to know which defenseman you would remove of Dallas and to which you would remplace him for ??

I try to see who would be change and even if they have there own weakness they are doing okay stats wise. Dallas is also near cap limit so that limit they're options.

Money wise I could see Lindell or Suter or old wise Suter or hakanpaa but like I say they are doing okay and already know Dallas gameplay. It's hard decision I think.

i agree that stars defence is good,they need another forward,like coleman.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll