Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 21 at 6:56 a.m.
Hawks decline. No interest in Robertson or Samsonov & a first is not enough To get Murphy & Mrazrk retained.
Garak, SomeonesOffended, Snowhawk18 and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 21 at 7:24 a.m.
Hiya, ChiHawk! Playin around with TOR's team are we? haha.

I would be a frustrated if KD did something like this, he doesn't need to bend to the will of other GM's, but I would understand. Personally, I don't think a single 1st is enough to pay for Mrazek 50% retained, Murphy, and the Samsonov dump. Adding Robertson doesn't really move the needle, in my opinion.
SomeonesOffended, Snowhawk18, Hawksguy81 and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 21 at 7:27 a.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Chicago declines but leafs also aren’t getting rewarded for their play, best options for the leafs now are to do a bit of selling or do nothing this team isn’t winning anything this year try again next year
Garak, Snowhawk18, Hawksguy81 and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 21 at 9:16 a.m.
Hawks lose this deal hands down. They pass.
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 21 at 12:59 p.m.
Quoting: YeahRighttt
Hawks decline. No interest in Robertson or Samsonov & a first is not enough To get Murphy & Mrazrk retained.

Quoting: Garak
Hiya, ChiHawk! Playin around with TOR's team are we? haha.

I would be a frustrated if KD did something like this, he doesn't need to bend to the will of other GM's, but I would understand. Personally, I don't think a single 1st is enough to pay for Mrazek 50% retained, Murphy, and the Samsonov dump. Adding Robertson doesn't really move the needle, in my opinion.

I don't know. I don't think Murphy is worth as much as we'd like to think as Hawks fans. Given his cap hit and let's be honest, his play isn't as good as it was 2 years ago, I bet he's only worth a 2nd without retention. Mrazek retained is worth a 2nd or 3rd. I would be okay taking a flyer on Robertson as the Hawks lack forward prospects and he could be a good 3rd liner moving forward; a bit of a Kurashev type of guy but faster (12 points with 6 goals in 26 games isn't bad at 22 years old) maybe turns into a Hagel type of player. I would bet his value is a late 2nd. So all in all, a late 1st and late 2nd is a decent return for Mrazek and Murphy while taking on an expiring dump in Sammy IMO.
SomeonesOffended and Garak liked this.
Jan. 21 at 1:22 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Quoting: ChiHawk
I don't know. I don't think Murphy is worth as much as we'd like to think as Hawks fans. Given his cap hit and let's be honest, his play isn't as good as it was 2 years ago, I bet he's only worth a 2nd without retention. Mrazek retained is worth a 2nd or 3rd. I would be okay taking a flyer on Robertson as the Hawks lack forward prospects and he could be a good 3rd liner moving forward; a bit of a Kurashev type of guy but faster (12 points with 6 goals in 26 games isn't bad at 22 years old) maybe turns into a Hagel type of player. I would bet his value is a late 2nd. So all in all, a late 1st and late 2nd is a decent return for Mrazek and Murphy while taking on an expiring dump in Sammy IMO.

Yeah that value is fair I think that’s an accurate description of the values takes a 3rd to drop Sammy but I’d honestly want a 3rd back cause you’re right robo is worth a late 2nd he’s got a lot of potential just needs top 6 playing time
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 21 at 3:32 p.m.

That's the thing, he isn't really, not on paper. A few things to consider though, he is still a good defensive minded defenseman playing on a bad team, he has been babysitting defensive liabilities most of the season, and he brings leadership qualities and other intangibles that are valuable to CHI during their rebuild. All reasons that mean CHI should not move him.

So when you have a player that you should not move, and another team wants him, they are probably going to have to knock your socks off to get it done. I think KD should be willing to make certain concessions to sweeten any deal with another team, like retention, taking on bad contracts, sending a lower pick back etc.

So, any deal involving him needs to include assets that actually help our rebuild or else it shouldn't even be considered. We have more than enough 2nds and later round picks, we are getting uncomfortably close to the reserve and contract limits, and we have a real need for top of the lineup caliber players in our prospect pool.

Also, we don't have a replacement or a need to make space in the lineup, and we shouldn't be dipping into free agency in any significant way, either. So, if a team wants him bad enough, pay up. If not, CHI should be more than happy to have him around the rebuild being a leader and mentor.

Robertson is/was interesting, but he is yet another smurf and he can't seem to stay healthy for any extended period of time. It's possible, but I don't see him turning into that at all. It's a long shot.
Jan. 21 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
That's the thing, he isn't really, not on paper. A few things to consider though, he is still a good defensive minded defenseman playing on a bad team, he has been babysitting defensive liabilities most of the season, and he brings leadership qualities and other intangibles that are valuable to CHI during their rebuild. All reasons that mean CHI should not move him.

So when you have a player that you should not move, and another team wants him, they are probably going to have to knock your socks off to get it done. I think KD should be willing to make certain concessions to sweeten any deal with another team, like retention, taking on bad contracts, sending a lower pick back etc.

So, any deal involving him needs to include assets that actually help our rebuild or else it shouldn't even be considered. We have more than enough 2nds and later round picks, we are getting uncomfortably close to the reserve and contract limits, and we have a real need for top of the lineup caliber players in our prospect pool.

Also, we don't have a replacement or a need to make space in the lineup, and we shouldn't be dipping into free agency in any significant way, either. So, if a team wants him bad enough, pay up. If not, CHI should be more than happy to have him around the rebuild being a leader and mentor.

Robertson is/was interesting, but he is yet another smurf and he can't seem to stay healthy for any extended period of time. It's possible, but I don't see him turning into that at all. It's a long shot.

I don't think KD is not interested in moving murphy....i think he's open to anything and everything. I think there is this assumption that Murphy isn't going to moved because of "leadership", but highly doubt they in the camp of "we won't trade him". He will likely be moved IMO, if they can move him, between this TDL and the summer after next season. His value is diminishing and yes a lot of that has to do with being on a poor team with a rotation of partners, but that also continues to diminish his value to the point he's probably only worth a 2nd now. So why not pair him up in a trade with Mrazek and go for a 1st rounder and a mid level prospect like Robertson, both of which go towards the rebuild. I get the concerns about Robertson, but we lack young forwards and the kid does indeed have talent although needs to realize his size in the NHL and not be so physical.
Garak liked this.
Jan. 21 at 4:05 p.m.
I don't think KD is not interested in moving murphy....i think he's open to anything and everything. I think there is this assumption that Murphy isn't going to moved because of "leadership", but highly doubt they in the camp of "we won't trade him". He will likely be moved IMO, if they can move him, between this TDL and the summer after next season. His value is diminishing and yes a lot of that has to do with being on a poor team with a rotation of partners, but that also continues to diminish his value to the point he's probably only worth a 2nd now. So why not pair him up in a trade with Mrazek and go for a 1st rounder and a mid level prospect like Robertson, both of which go towards the rebuild. I get the concerns about Robertson, but we lack young forwards and the kid does indeed have talent although needs to realize his size in the NHL and not be so physical.

What makes you think that? I mean... I agree with part of that. I don't think KD "won't trade him" like some people have been saying on here. But he has said things over and over like, "We are more than likely going to be quiet at the deadline", and "We value the leadership we have in the locker room and think it is important to have these guys around our young players", etc. I don't think he has any intention of moving him or anyone for assets we don't need. But if someone comes with offers that actually help our rebuild, then you have to at least think about it. I don't see what trading him for an injury plagued smurf and a 2nd gives us aside from a hole in the roster.

But, as I said before, I might be a bit frustrated with this, if it happened, but I would understand why he did it and get over it. Bringing that 1st back would be nice, especially without retaining. I just think KD could do better than this. I'd even suggest retaining on Murph if we could get an upgrade or another nice piece added.
ChiHawk liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll