Forums/Armchair-GM

Okay never gonna happen but let me know what you think cap fans

Created by: SomeonesOffended
Team: 2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 16, 2024
Published: Jan. 21, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So it’s never gonna happen because the leafs aren’t in the market for a LHD but I’ve seen several caps fans selling him for 2 2nds so is this in theory enough?

Niemela we value at a high 2nd, Robertson a low 2nd and timmins at a 3rd
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$81,034,783$0$0$2,465,217
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$3,550,000$3,550,000 ($2,400,000$2M$2,400,000$2M)
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 21 at 10:50 a.m.
Rip
Sandin is over, just let it go man. He's never going to be a leaf again
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Jan. 21 at 11:57 a.m.
“Niemela we value at a high 2nd, Robertson a low 2nd and timmins at a 3rd” - your valuation is quite far off.

1. Niemela was drafted in the 3rd round and hasn’t done anything to significantly raise his stock. It’s his first year in North America and he’s adjusting well but that’s a small sample size. - at best you get an early 3rd for him but no where close to a “high 2nd”.

2. Robertson was a late 2nd round pick himself and everything about him has lowered his value. Injury history, lack of production at the NHL level, and defensive liability.. nobody is valuing that at a 2nd. Nobody. If it’s a pick value, it’s an early 4th. Maybe a late 3rd if a cap strapped contender wants to take a chance on him but no where close to a 2nd.

3. Timmins a 3RD ROUND PICK?! Are you serious?! The guy is a healthy scratch more than he plays. And when he plays he’s a 7th defenceman at best with a pretty concerning injury history. Like what makes you think he’s worth a 3rd? That’s an honest question. Zadorov was traded for a 3rd and a 5th and he’s a guy that plays bottom pair but can jump into the top 4 if needed, but he plays every night. So how do you think the difference between him and Timmins is only a 5th? Hell you’d be lucky to get just the 5th for Timmins. Probably worth a 6th at best but at that point the value between a 5th and a 6th isn’t much so let’s say 5th to somewhat please you Leaf fans.

But seriously, bias posts like this are what give Leafs fans the bad reputation they have.
Jan. 21 at 12:02 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Quoting: Ryminister_92
“Niemela we value at a high 2nd, Robertson a low 2nd and timmins at a 3rd” - your valuation is quite far off.

1. Niemela was drafted in the 3rd round and hasn’t done anything to significantly raise his stock. It’s his first year in North America and he’s adjusting well but that’s a small sample size. - at best you get an early 3rd for him but no where close to a “high 2nd”.

2. Robertson was a late 2nd round pick himself and everything about him has lowered his value. Injury history, lack of production at the NHL level, and defensive liability.. nobody is valuing that at a 2nd. Nobody. If it’s a pick value, it’s an early 4th. Maybe a late 3rd if a cap strapped contender wants to take a chance on him but no where close to a 2nd.

3. Timmins a 3RD ROUND PICK?! Are you serious?! The guy is a healthy scratch more than he plays. And when he plays he’s a 7th defenceman at best with a pretty concerning injury history. Like what makes you think he’s worth a 3rd? That’s an honest question. Zadorov was traded for a 3rd and a 5th and he’s a guy that plays bottom pair but can jump into the top 4 if needed, but he plays every night. So how do you think the difference between him and Timmins is only a 5th? Hell you’d be lucky to get just the 5th for Timmins. Probably worth a 6th at best but at that point the value between a 5th and a 6th isn’t much so let’s say 5th to somewhat please you Leaf fans.

But seriously, bias posts like this are what give Leafs fans the bad reputation they have.

You’re a troll lmao
Jan. 21 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: SomeonesOffended
You’re a troll lmao

Are you offended?
Jan. 22 at 10:20 a.m.

You’re a troll lmao

Couldn't agree more - those evaluations couldn't be more bias lolololol
Jan. 22 at 10:23 a.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Quoting: All_Knowing

What are you talking about niemela is doing very well in the minors he definitely worth an early 2nd I’ve seen other leafs fans value him at the same robo is over half a point per game playing on the 3rd line he’s worth a least a late 2nd if not an early second and timmins I personally wouldn’t move for less then a 3rd he plays very well when he’s playing just doesn’t get the chance every night
Jan. 22 at 11:41 a.m.

But he thinks I’m a troll just because I disagree with him all the time.. incredibly bias comments come from that user all the time.
Jan. 22 at 11:42 a.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
But he thinks I’m a troll just because I disagree with him all the time.. incredibly bias comments come from that user all the time.

Read my above comment troll, I explained everything in there players values can change doesn’t matter if they were drafted in the 3rd round lol what is so complicated about that
Jan. 22 at 11:51 a.m.
do we really want Sandin back? I mean...I'd take him but he didn't seem like an easy guy to negotiate with so I'd be concerned about what he's looking to get to re-up.

A right-handed Timmins might be more valuable to this lineup (despite Keefe being reluctant to actually play him) and Topi is on a promising development track ...and while I'd generally be fine moving them in a deal for more experience on the blue line...for me, I just don't think Sandin is the guy that fits anymore.
Jan. 22 at 11:55 a.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Quoting: Juice
do we really want Sandin back? I mean...I'd take him but he didn't seem like an easy guy to negotiate with so I'd be concerned about what he's looking to get to re-up.

A right-handed Timmins might be more valuable to this lineup (despite Keefe being reluctant to actually play him) and Topi is on a promising development track ...and while I'd generally be fine moving them in a deal for more experience on the blue line...for me, I just don't think Sandin is the guy that fits anymore.

Yeah it’s never gonna happen just wanted to hear caps fans opinions but haven’t had a single one comment on it
Juice liked this.
Jan. 22 at 12:25 p.m.
Read my above comment troll, I explained everything in there players values can change doesn’t matter if they were drafted in the 3rd round lol what is so complicated about that

Clearly you didn’t read my originally comment.. classy. You seem offended bro
Jan. 22 at 12:51 p.m.
Yeah it’s never gonna happen just wanted to hear caps fans opinions but haven’t had a single one comment on it

While Sandin has been somewhat inconsistent this year, I think he fits nicely with the Caps has him and Fehevary are a solid , young 1-2 punch on the left side.

As a Caps fan, I would decline because a) as said above, Sandin should be a key part to the youth movement and the defense in WSH and b) there really isn't much there (imo - I know you disagree with more so to each their own). Topi is the only guy of value there - not a fan of Robertson (numerous injuries for a young guy) and the Caps already are set on the right side (plus Timmins is frequently scratched on a sub-par defensive team like TOR)...
Jan. 22 at 1:11 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
While Sandin has been somewhat inconsistent this year, I think he fits nicely with the Caps has him and Fehevary are a solid , young 1-2 punch on the left side.

As a Caps fan, I would decline because a) as said above, Sandin should be a key part to the youth movement and the defense in WSH and b) there really isn't much there (imo - I know you disagree with more so to each their own). Topi is the only guy of value there - not a fan of Robertson (numerous injuries for a young guy) and the Caps already are set on the right side (plus Timmins is frequently scratched on a sub-par defensive team like TOR)...

Thanks for the feedback finally a caps fan replied I love it just throwing the idea out there it’s never gonna happen
All_Knowing liked this.
Jan. 22 at 1:13 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Clearly you didn’t read my originally comment.. classy. You seem offended bro

Just such a troll man it isn’t even funny it honestly hurts me, real original like I don’t hear that everyday lol think of something new
Jan. 22 at 3:04 p.m.
Just such a troll man it isn’t even funny it honestly hurts me, real original like I don’t hear that everyday lol think of something new

Cool man. How was being banned?
Jan. 22 at 3:17 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
Cool man. How was being banned?

What it like being such a troll? Lol
Jan. 22 at 3:41 p.m.

You should also learn the definition of a troll before proceeding to call someone one. As defined by Webster’s dictionary:

“a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.”

My originally comment did none of that. I simply stated my opinion as to why I thought you valuation was way off and gave a pretty thorough explanation to all of them. To which you respond by calling me a troll because you disagreed with it. Ironically you’re more of a troll for calling me a troll than anything I said in that comment.

Have a nice day kid!
Jan. 22 at 3:42 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
You should also learn the definition of a troll before proceeding to call someone one. As defined by Webster’s dictionary:

“a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.”

My originally comment did none of that. I simply stated my opinion as to why I thought you valuation was way off and gave a pretty thorough explanation to all of them. To which you respond by calling me a troll because you disagreed with it. Ironically you’re more of a troll for calling me a troll than anything I said in that comment.

Have a nice day kid!

Yeah that’s exactly what you’re doing please just leave me alone, thanks have a nice day
Jan. 22 at 4:40 p.m.
Yeah that’s exactly what you’re doing please just leave me alone, thanks have a nice day

*tells me to leave him alone.. proceeds to like all my comments 🤦🏻‍♂️
Jan. 22 at 4:49 p.m.
FKA Bigtittielarper
*tells me to leave him alone.. proceeds to like all my comments 🤦🏻‍♂️

I actually like some stuff you say is that not aloud? Should I just stop? Cause I can lol
Jan. 22 at 4:51 p.m.
I actually like some stuff you say is that not aloud? Should I just stop? Cause I can lol

Please do. Add me to your ignore list while you’re at it. But actually do it this time unlike last time when you said you did but never did. You’ll be on mine 👋🏻

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll