SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Mix things up

Created by: Jeff902
Published: Jan. 22 at 5:04 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 42/192 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Monahan, SeanMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,985,000011---46112031--
Struble, JaydenWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$867,500011---28224--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Cole, IanVancouver CanucksNHL-$3,000,000011---45167--
Lekkerimäki, JonathanWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksLoan-$0001---0000--
2025 2nd round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,497,5002246734916
Change-$147,500-1-10010
Final$4,350,000 (↓)21 (↓)45 (↓)73410 (↑)16-12-16-28

Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Cole, IanVancouver CanucksNHL-$3,000,000011---45167--
Lekkerimäki, JonathanWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksLoan-$0001---0000--
2025 2nd round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Monahan, SeanMontreal CanadiensNHL-$1,985,000011---46112031--
Struble, JaydenWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensNHL-$867,500011---28224--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$332,5002346683312
Change$147,5001100-10
Final$480,000 (↑)24 (↑)47 (↑)6832 (↓)12121628
Jan. 22 at 5:42 p.m.
Canucks block your number. This is awful for them
Hitagi_Senpai liked this.
Jan. 22 at 6:23 p.m.
Value wise this definitely works
Jan. 22 at 6:23 p.m.
Quoting: mv21227
Canucks block your number. This is awful for them

This is great for them
Jan. 22 at 6:33 p.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Quoting: Dom1422
This is great for them

only if you are a Habs fan
yeah let's give away the WJ MVP and blue chip goal scorer for a rental and B level prospect
This is a Jim Benning trade
Jan. 22 at 6:36 p.m.
Value wise this definitely works

Lol this isn’t even close value wise. It’s like if the Canucks offered Blueger and dman Pettersson for Hutson, Barron, and a 2nd
Jan. 22 at 6:36 p.m.
This is great for them

Lekkerimaki >>> Monahan
Cole > Struble
2nd >>>> nothing
Jan. 22 at 6:37 p.m.
Edited Jan. 22 at 6:42 p.m.
Quoting: IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
only if you are a Habs fan
yeah let's give away the WJ MVP and blue chip goal scorer for a rental and B level prospect
This is a Jim Benning trade

Lekkerimaki is Mike Hoffman reincarnated. He’ll be an awesome secondary scorer, but in case you haven’t noticed, Canucks don’t have a scoring issue. They’re the highest scoring team in the league. Coach would love to have Struble over defensive liability Lekkerimaki. The issue they do have though, is paying Meyers 6 mill and him playing in your top 4. Luckily he’s gone after this season, but they will need a dman who can play 20 minutes a night. Btw “B prospect” please for the love of god tell me you’re not talking about Struble. Actually it’s best if you don’t speak about players you don’t know period.
NotAHabsFan and Jeff902 liked this.
Jan. 22 at 6:40 p.m.
Lekkerimaki >>> Monahan
Cole > Struble
2nd >>>> nothing

Cole is worth more than Struble? You don’t know who Struble even is.

It’s closer to

Lekkerimaki > Struble
2nd < Monahan
Cole = a pile of dog ****.

Take out Cole entirely.
NotAHabsFan liked this.
Jan. 22 at 6:47 p.m.
Cole is worth more than Struble? You don’t know who Struble even is.

It’s closer to

Lekkerimaki > Struble
2nd < Monahan
Cole = a pile of dog ****.

Cole has been a solid top 4 dman this year, the second year in a row he has been on a cup contender. Struble has not been good in sheltered minutes (48.63 GF%, 44.78 CF%, 41.74 xGF%). Neither are good offensively, but Cole is far better defensively

Lekkerimaki >>>> Struble
2nd < Monahan (he’s worth slightly more than a 2nd)
Cole >>> nothing
Jan. 22 at 6:53 p.m.
Edited Jan. 22 at 6:58 p.m.
Cole has been a solid top 4 dman this year, the second year in a row he has been on a cup contender. Struble has not been good in sheltered minutes (48.63 GF%, 44.78 CF%, 41.74 xGF%). Neither are good offensively, but Cole is far better defensively

Lekkerimaki >>>> Struble
2nd < Monahan (he’s worth slightly more than a 2nd)
Cole >>> nothing

You actually believe Lekkerimaki is something lol. This kid is a 2nd liner at best. One dimensional defensive liability. Every scout will tell you his flaws, they’re well known. I promise you he doesn’t play a full season under Tochett ever.

Your stats mean absolutely nothing, that’s how you judge players? That’s what took you so long to reply lmao. You went and looked up his stats and now you have the book on him? My god man you have so much to learn. I don’t expect you to watch every game he’s played, but go read some pieces on him, go watch a podcast and listen to people who’ve actually seen him. You really think taking (literally) 5 minutes to go look up some stats is good enough for you to debate about a player? Hell you could be a pro scout lol. If it were that easy we would all be making 6 figures doing it.

Cole is garbage. He was garbage on Tampa and him plying top 4 is a big reason they weren’t good enough last season, it’s also why you guys brought in a Dman to replace him in the top 4. He’s an over the hill 3rd pairing dman at best. And I also said remove him completely, I don’t want that garbage.

You’re looking at a gaurenteed top 4 D in Struble, vs a hopeful top 6 forward in Lekkerimaki. Almost 0% chance either are top pairing or top line. You’re looking at close to even value. Slight edge to Lekkerimaki because goals are so important in todays league.
Jan. 22 at 6:57 p.m.
You actually believe Lekkerimaki is something lol. This kid is a 2nd liner at best. One dimensional defensive liability. I promise you he doesn’t play a full season under Tochett ever.

Your stats mean absolutely nothing, that’s how you judge players? That’s what took you so long to reply lmao. You went and looked up his stats and now you have the book on him? My god man you have so much to learn.

Cole is garbage. He was garbage on Tampa and him plying top 4 is a big reason they weren’t good enough last season, it’s also why you guys brought in a Dman to replace him in the top 4. He’s an over the hill 3rd pairing dman at best. And I also said remove him completely, I don’t want that garbage.

Lekkerimaki is an elite prospect. Don’t speak on players you don’t know

Struble hasn’t been good at all. He’s a worse version of Cole. Canucks don’t want him, they have better LHDs in the NHL and as prospects. You have no argument supporting that he’s been good

Cole was actually very good in Tampa last year and has been solid this year. The Canucks will gladly keep him as he’s been a good addition.

https://x.com/jfreshhockey/status/1675192221115580417?s=46&t=Em1kSTrQp8S8RWKcSKV0NA
Jan. 22 at 7:00 p.m.
Lekkerimaki is an elite prospect. Don’t speak on players you don’t know

Struble hasn’t been good at all. He’s a worse version of Cole. Canucks don’t want him, they have better LHDs in the NHL and as prospects. You have no argument supporting that he’s been good

Cole was actually very good in Tampa last year and has been solid this year. The Canucks will gladly keep him as he’s been a good addition.

https://x.com/jfreshhockey/status/1675192221115580417?s=46&t=Em1kSTrQp8S8RWKcSKV0NA

Legit proving my point. Bro posted a JFresh hockey card lmao my god you hopefully are not over the age of 16. Please don’t be an adult. The lack of critical thinking skills…

You’re on your way to being a pro scout my man. You can show all the other scouts those JFresh cards, you’ve unlocked the secret. Give me your scouting report on Struble, I want to hear it.

Lekkerimaki is not an elite prospect, never has been viewed that way and never will. He’s a scorer with tons of noted glaring flaws.
Jan. 22 at 7:02 p.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Lekkerimaki is Mike Hoffman reincarnated. He’ll be an awesome secondary scorer, but in case you haven’t noticed, Canucks don’t have a scoring issue. They’re the highest scoring team in the league. Coach would love to have Struble over defensive liability Lekkerimaki. The issue they do have though, is paying Meyers 6 mill and him playing in your top 4. Luckily he’s gone after this season, but they will need a dman who can play 20 minutes a night. Btw “B prospect” please for the love of god tell me you’re not talking about Struble. Actually it’s best if you don’t speak about players you don’t know period.

They will have a scoring winger and cap problems in 2 years and Lekkerimaki is being slotted there
Myers is not a problem, if you watched any Canuck games you would see he has improved with less ice time in bottom pair that can be moved up the lineup in injury situations
So a player that has been at Laval the last two seasons and just made it to the show this season when the Habs are in rebuilding years and only played 28 games in his career and has more giveaways then takeways in -5, Tocchet would bench him with Kuzmenko so no thanks for your fools good defensman
Canucks would rather go for Harris then your scrub lol
Jan. 22 at 7:05 p.m.
Legit proving my point. Bro posted a JFresh hockey card lmao my god you hopefully are not over the age of 16. Please don’t be an adult. The lack of critical thinking skills…

You’re on your way to being a pro scout my man. You can show all the other scouts those JFresh cards, you’ve unlocked the secret. Give me your scouting report on Struble, I want to hear it.

JFresh card is just one way to support my argument. You’ve had nothing to support your argument on Struble or Cole. Just “he plays for Montreal so he’s good and worth a bunch” and “he doesn’t play for Montreal so he’s bad and worthless”

It’s an undeniable fact that Cole has been much better than Struble in a bigger role on a better team. Take your homer glasses off
Jan. 22 at 7:07 p.m.
They will have a scoring winger and cap problems in 2 years and Lekkerimaki is being slotted there
Myers is not a problem, if you watched any Canuck games you would see he has improved with less ice time in bottom pair that can be moved up the lineup in injury situations
So a player that has been at Laval the last two seasons and just made it to the show this season when the Habs are in rebuilding years and only played 28 games in his career and has more giveaways then takeways in -5, Tocchet would bench him with Kuzmenko so no thanks for your fools good defensman
Canucks would rather go for Harris then your scrub lol

Every defenseman has more giveaways than takeaways my child. Quinn Hughes looks real good in that department. Struble has played “2” seaosn in the ahl? Wow those 20 games total that he’s ever played in the ahl is a lot, you’re right. Lol
Jan. 22 at 7:09 p.m.
JFresh card is just one way to support my argument. You’ve had nothing to support your argument on Struble or Cole. Just “he plays for Montreal so he’s good and worth a bunch” and “he doesn’t play for Montreal so he’s bad and worthless”

It’s an undeniable fact that Cole has been much better than Struble in a bigger role on a better team. Take your homer glasses off

Support your argument? You’ve never seen Struble play in your life so what argument is that supporting? That is your entire argument and it’s the argument of an adolescent child.
Jan. 22 at 7:10 p.m.
Lets go Canucklehea

Struble is a future scrub, he's behind all of the Habs young defensemen and has a -5 turnover rate which just screams stud defensemen lol
Dom is the Homer of all Homer Hab fans lol
Jan. 22 at 7:20 p.m.
Struble is a future scrub, he's behind all of the Habs young defensemen and has a -5 turnover rate which just screams stud defensemen lol
Dom is the Homer of all Homer Hab fans lol

Damn so does Quinn Hughes. Scrub.

I can have civil discourse with knowledgeable fans. Unfortunately there are not many of those on this website. Just a bunch of stat watching entitled gen z kids.

Some advice. Read something, watch something. There is so much content out there, go find it before you debate about a player you’ve legitimately never witnessed with your eyes. Do some sort of research, listen to someone who is credible speak or write on the topic at hand. You are not an expert because you looked at a JFresh card. You can have your opinion on the trade the guy above posted, but what you don’t get to do is pretend you have an informed opinion about a player and then debate someone about said player.

You’re probably in 10th grade, if this were a school project, you failed.
Jan. 22 at 9:29 p.m.
Trolling is what’s happening. Loser.

Kuzmenko for Caufield
Jan. 22 at 10:42 p.m.
Canucks sorta homer
Tell me you are a Habs fan without telling me you are a Habs fan.

Holy crap this is bad for Vancouver. Take Lekki out and its still bad for Vancouver
Jan. 23 at 1:27 a.m.
Zamboni driver
Struble is going to be a top 4 D for many years to come in this league....he is not going anywhere...
Jan. 23 at 8:45 a.m.
well this created some chatter. When I said mix things up, that is not what I really meant.

I urge all the anti-Struble comment makers to actually watch him - he would truly be an upgrade for Van over Ian Cole (who is a negative asset). I feel there will not be room on the Habs' left-side for both Struble and Wifi, and it has been reported that Wifi is not on the trade board. With Stuble comes stabilty and predictability in ownership of his contacts, and Ian Cole is negative asset.

Monahan is likely worth a late first plus a B prospect.
Ian Cole needs a 4th or 5th to dump (which makes room for Monahan)
Stuble plus a 2nd is equal to Lekkerimäki - give or take

So argue away, but the value is pretty well lined up - only thing I might change is some retention on Monahan contract.
Dom1422 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 9:35 a.m.
Quoting: Jeff902
well this created some chatter. When I said mix things up, that is not what I really meant.

I urge all the anti-Struble comment makers to actually watch him - he would truly be an upgrade for Van over Ian Cole (who is a negative asset). I feel there will not be room on the Habs' left-side for both Struble and Wifi, and it has been reported that Wifi is not on the trade board. With Stuble comes stabilty and predictability in ownership of his contacts, and Ian Cole is negative asset.

So argue away, but the value is pretty well lined up - only thing I might change is some retention on Monahan contract.

People on this website all think they’re experts. In a couple of years they’ll know who Struble is, they’ll forget about this comment section or pretend they never said any of it.

I don’t blame them for not knowing who he is, but I do blame them for acting as if they do when they don’t.
Jeff902 liked this.
Jan. 23 at 12:51 p.m.
Quoting: Jeff902

Cole is not a negative asset at all. He’s been a fairly reliable dman for the Canucks this year and is an expiring contract. There’s no world where he’s a negative asset.

And there’s also no world where Struble and a 2nd is equal to Lekkerimaki. The Canucks would never trade Lekkerimaki for what would be an AHL dman for us and a 2nd. Lekkerimaki is far and away the best asset in this trade. The Canucks wouldn’t trade him straight up for this return

Monahan isn’t worth a 1st plus a prospect. He’s worth a 2nd plus a prospect. Maybe a desperate team pays a 1st, but a 2nd and prospect is more likely
Jan. 23 at 4:17 p.m.
Lets go Canucklehea
Damn so does Quinn Hughes. Scrub.

I can have civil discourse with knowledgeable fans. Unfortunately there are not many of those on this website. Just a bunch of stat watching entitled gen z kids.

Some advice. Read something, watch something. There is so much content out there, go find it before you debate about a player you’ve legitimately never witnessed with your eyes. Do some sort of research, listen to someone who is credible speak or write on the topic at hand. You are not an expert because you looked at a JFresh card. You can have your opinion on the trade the guy above posted, but what you don’t get to do is pretend you have an informed opinion about a player and then debate someone about said player.

You’re probably in 10th grade, if this were a school project, you failed.

Sure thing there Sparky
keep thinking you are the only one on this site that knows what he is talking about
Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll