1. Wheeler, Blake
Additional Details:
Future considerations
NYR
  1. Edmundson, Joel ($750,000 retained)
WSH
  1. 2026 4th round pick (NYR)
Additional Details:
Conditional pick (Becomes a 3rd if NYR makes ECF)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$82,087,416$610,892$582,500$1,412,584
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 1
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,325,000$2,325,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW
RFA - 2
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$762,500$762,500
LW
RFA - 1
$3,641,667$3,641,667
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$125,000$125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 23 at 10:32 p.m.
Rest is a weapon
Kelly's been really good for the sens so I can't see them throwing him away for anything less than a 3rd.
Jan. 23 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: Who_is_Jimmy_Stu
Kelly's been really good for the sens so I can't see them throwing him away for anything less than a 3rd.

As a depth guy it wouldn’t be crazy spending a 3rd, his stock is on the rise. I don’t see him being a part of the Sens future however.
Who_is_Jimmy_Stu liked this.
Jan. 24 at 12:37 a.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Rangers don't need snarl (we're already supposed to have that via Goodrow, Trouba, Schneider, etc)

What the Rangers need is speed and creativity. Like a #1 RW version of Filip Chytil.
Jan. 24 at 9:32 a.m.
Skip skibbity
Caps paid a 3rd for Edmundson, half retained and in-division will cost you at least a 3rd.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Jan. 25 at 1:17 a.m.
SickandTired
Quoting: Coachchippy
Rangers don't need snarl (we're already supposed to have that via Goodrow, Trouba, Schneider, etc)

What the Rangers need is speed and creativity. Like a #1 RW version of Filip Chytil.

You want to make sweet love to Chytil for no reason. The rangers are the softest and easiest team to play against. They need sandpaper in the bottom 6 desperately. They will get caked in 5 by an angrier team if they don’t address this. Watch the games.
Jan. 25 at 8:08 p.m.

I'm not sure if you haven't watched the Rangers this season or if you've never watched playoff hockey (or both). The Rangers absolutely need to add bite and snarl. This is one of the softest teams in the NHL. Cuylle is the only player consistently threatening opponents with a big hit. Goodrow is the only other forward who offers any sort of physicality. They need players who can not only hit but also win battles below the dots, block shots, fight, cycle the puck, etc. The current bottom 6 is composed of AHL players and aging veterans who cant keep up with todays NHL. Need hungry young legs.
Jan. 25 at 11:49 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: Hungry4Pucks
I'm not sure if you haven't watched the Rangers this season or if you've never watched playoff hockey (or both). The Rangers absolutely need to add bite and snarl. This is one of the softest teams in the NHL. Cuylle is the only player consistently threatening opponents with a big hit. Goodrow is the only other forward who offers any sort of physicality. They need players who can not only hit but also win battles below the dots, block shots, fight, cycle the puck, etc. The current bottom 6 is composed of AHL players and aging veterans who cant keep up with todays NHL. Need hungry young legs.

LOL. I forgot about Cuylle. So that's Cuylle, Goodrow, Trouba, Lindgren, Schneider, hell even Lafreniere and Trocheck who all play with bite and snarl. And if we are talking about hungry bottom six players outside of just hitting/fighting you have Vesey too who's fantastic.

So that's 8/18 (nearly half) of our skaters who are gritty guys. Have YOU watched the Rangers lately? Because they're not losing due to a lack of "bite or snarl". They're losing because scoring has completely dried up outside of one line. 5v5 production is non existent. We're paying soft guys like Zibanejad 10% of the cap to stand in one spot on the PP and miss the net 90% of the time. That's the problem with the Rangers (that, and getting away from PL's systems, particularly on defense).

So no. We don't need 18 Ryan Reaves on the ice and are going to expect to win a cup that way. We have enough bite, snarl, and grit. We need guys with a winning mindset who can ACTUALLY put up points.
Jan. 25 at 11:51 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: NYRNEEDSCHANGE
You want to make sweet love to Chytil for no reason. The rangers are the softest and easiest team to play against. They need sandpaper in the bottom 6 desperately. They will get caked in 5 by an angrier team if they don’t address this. Watch the games.

Yes let's construct the team with 18 skaters who are all clones of Ryan Reaves. That will help our scoring issues.
Jan. 27 at 11:16 a.m.
LOL. I forgot about Cuylle. So that's Cuylle, Goodrow, Trouba, Lindgren, Schneider, hell even Lafreniere and Trocheck who all play with bite and snarl. And if we are talking about hungry bottom six players outside of just hitting/fighting you have Vesey too who's fantastic.

So that's 8/18 (nearly half) of our skaters who are gritty guys. Have YOU watched the Rangers lately? Because they're not losing due to a lack of "bite or snarl". They're losing because scoring has completely dried up outside of one line. 5v5 production is non existent. We're paying soft guys like Zibanejad 10% of the cap to stand in one spot on the PP and miss the net 90% of the time. That's the problem with the Rangers (that, and getting away from PL's systems, particularly on defense).

So no. We don't need 18 Ryan Reaves on the ice and are going to expect to win a cup that way. We have enough bite, snarl, and grit. We need guys with a winning mindset who can ACTUALLY put up points.

You clearly do not understand my angle here. I am not talking about players like Ryan Reaves at all. "Bite" and "snarl" doesn't strictly mean fighting. The Florida Panthers are a team that built their roster on bite and snarl. They have guys who hit, forecheck, win puck battles, and create energy up and down the lineup. Players like Bennett, Rodrigues, Gadjovich, and Cousins are middle 6 players who create chaos every shift and THAT is what opens up the offense. Even Montour, who is an offensive defenseman, is trying to fight Malkin at the end of overtime last night. You can have the most skilled players in the league but if you play like NYR it's dump in, lose the battle, and the other team breaks out of the zone going the other way. You cannot generate offense in this way. Florida's style of play not only opens up the offense but it gets the crowd into the game and i'm sure creates belief and gets everyone fired up in the locker room. NYR got booed off the ice last night, so something has to change.
Jan. 27 at 12:06 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Edited Jan. 27 at 12:22 p.m.
You clearly do not understand my angle here. I am not talking about players like Ryan Reaves at all. "Bite" and "snarl" doesn't strictly mean fighting. The Florida Panthers are a team that built their roster on bite and snarl. They have guys who hit, forecheck, win puck battles, and create energy up and down the lineup. Players like Bennett, Rodrigues, Gadjovich, and Cousins are middle 6 players who create chaos every shift and THAT is what opens up the offense. Even Montour, who is an offensive defenseman, is trying to fight Malkin at the end of overtime last night. You can have the most skilled players in the league but if you play like NYR it's dump in, lose the battle, and the other team breaks out of the zone going the other way. You cannot generate offense in this way. Florida's style of play not only opens up the offense but it gets the crowd into the game and i'm sure creates belief and gets everyone fired up in the locker room. NYR got booed off the ice last night, so something has to change.

It would be great to have a player like Bennett, Rodrigues, Gadjovich, Cousins, or Montour. But we have no money. Because we are wasting 10% of the cap on a guy who has scored 1 goal since the calendar year 2023. We are wasting 3.6m on a guy who's on pace to score 2 total goals and 7 total assists by the end of the season. We're missing our #2 C who's creative with the puck, fastest on the team (I say this because Kreider doesn't use his speed as much as he should) and is the only player who can create a clean zone entry. If we wanted a player like those Florida guys we should've drafted and developed as such.

If you trade for Kelly/Sherwood/Edmundson you're just burning draft capital (and Zac Jones, inexplicably). And that would be fine if the Rangers were actually in a position to win a Stanley Cup. But they're not even close to winning a Stanley Cup with Igor being worse than a backup and actually losing us games with a .759 SV% or whatever the stat is in January 2024. And Kelly/Sherwood/Edmundson aren't going to save us, so it will be all for nothing.

The New York Rangers, as they currently stand, are horribly constructed. The rebuild was shoddy at best. Asset management sucks. I've never been a Chris Drury hater but I'm starting to realize what a terrible job he's done. He would be better off to move on from Zibenajad and Igor and get hauls for them (maybe some 1st round picks but more importantly, high end prospects and players age 18-24). It probably will hurt for a year or two but this team as currently constructed is winning NOTHING.
Jan. 27 at 12:27 p.m.
It would be great to have a player like Bennett, Rodrigues, Gadjovich, Cousins, or Montour. But we have no money. Because we are wasting 10% of the cap on a guy who hasn't scored a goal since the calendar year 2023. We are wasting 3.6m on a guy who's on pace to score 2 total goals and 7 total assists by the end of the season. We're missing our #2 C who's creative with the puck, fastest on the team (I say this because Kreider doesn't use his speed as much as he should) and is the only player who can create a clean zone entry. If we wanted a player like those Florida guys we should've drafted and developed as such.

If you trade for Kelly/Sherwood/Edmundson you're just burning draft capital (and Zac Jones, inexplicably). And that would be fine if the Rangers were actually in a position to win a Stanley Cup. But they're not even close to winning a Stanley Cup with Igor being worse than a backup and actually losing us games with a .759 SV% or whatever the stat is in January 2024. And Kelly/Sherwood/Edmundson aren't going to save us, so it will be all for nothing.

The New York Rangers, as they currently stand, are horribly constructed. The rebuild was shoddy at best. Asset management sucks. I've never been a Chris Drury hater but I'm starting to realize what a terrible job he's done. He would be better off to move on from Zibenajad and Igor and get hauls for them (maybe some 1st round picks but more importantly, high end prospects and players age 18-24). It probably will hurt for a year or two but this team as currently constructed is winning NOTHING.

I don't disagree that Zibanejad is a pathetic excuse for a 1C. His effort level is most concerning to me, he treats every game like its a puck shoot at the local rink.

Having said that, in no world is Chytil the second-best center on the team. Trocheck is leagues better than him in all aspects of the game. Chytil is as inconsistent as it gets and it's looking more and more likely that we'll never seen him play for the Rangers again. Chytil is no savior. The only thing he would save us from is having to watch Brodzinski play for this team any longer.

Who cares about trading Jones? He is one of the worst defensemen I have ever seen play for this team and he has no place in the lineup. Use him as an asset and trade him to a team willing to give him a shot on their third pairing.

Adding sandpaper guys who will chip in on the score sheet is what turns this around for the Rangers. They haven't played hard in weeks and it's become a concerning trend with this core that they give poor effort quite often. Blaming Igor when the team is giving 50% in front of him is embarrassing and a bad look for you.
Jan. 27 at 12:52 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
I don't disagree that Zibanejad is a pathetic excuse for a 1C. His effort level is most concerning to me, he treats every game like its a puck shoot at the local rink.

Having said that, in no world is Chytil the second-best center on the team. Trocheck is leagues better than him in all aspects of the game. Chytil is as inconsistent as it gets and it's looking more and more likely that we'll never seen him play for the Rangers again. Chytil is no savior. The only thing he would save us from is having to watch Brodzinski play for this team any longer.

Who cares about trading Jones? He is one of the worst defensemen I have ever seen play for this team and he has no place in the lineup. Use him as an asset and trade him to a team willing to give him a shot on their third pairing.

Adding sandpaper guys who will chip in on the score sheet is what turns this around for the Rangers. They haven't played hard in weeks and it's become a concerning trend with this core that they give poor effort quite often. Blaming Igor when the team is giving 50% in front of him is embarrassing and a bad look for you.

I'm not solely blaming Igor. There are plenty of issues with the Rangers. But sticking our heads in the sand and acting like he's been good this year is a delusional move. He has lost us some games. 3.25 GAA and far below .900 SV% is terrible. The Rangers would never do it (and they shouldn't) but those types of numbers are what got Samsonov and Campbell sent down to the AHL. He's not the ONLY problem with the Rangers, and he's not the cause of the Rangers problems, but to act like he's been good and not a problem AT ALL is a bad look.

Do I think he'll return to form? I'm sure he will. But if we can't have Lundqvist-level consistency, honestly I'm not comfortable paying a goalie 10m or whatever on his next contract, and we should move on from him ASAP. Let another team overpay him. That money could be spent in better ways. I'm fine having a "good but not elite" goalie if it means we can put a better overall team in front of them.

I honestly don't get why CF ACGM users underrate Chytil so much. He was our best forward last year, trained hard over the summer and looked like he was about to have another huge year. If by "inconsistent" you're solely talking about injuries, sure, but when healthy I don't think I've ever seen him coast the way some people (Zibanejad) do. Dude is a competitor through and through and was always putting in max effort. Last guy on the ice after practice, and I strongly suspect that his setback yesterday was because he was rushing back to help the Rangers out of this slump and pushed himself too hard.

Trocheck has been our best center this year but it's by default because MZ is beyond useless and Chytil hasn't played since November. He's a solid middle 6 C. On any deep, Stanley Cup winning team, he's not the #1 guy. And that's not a diss to Trocheck it's just the truth.

We should either hold onto Jones or package him in a BIG trade. He's not as bad as people make him out to be. The pairing with Schneider is awful and I don't know why they keep trying it. But he's been no worse than Miller defensively this year. I also suspect that the Rangers are not going to repeat the mistakes they made with Girardi, and will avoid locking Lindgren up long-term. So Jones might have a role when Lindgren is gone.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll