SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Told you Monahan would net a 1st

Created by: Dom1422
Published: Feb. 2 at 11:48 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 76/192 (40%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Andersson, LiasMontreal CanadiensMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,264,1672144705916
Change$00-1-1100
Final$7,264,1672143 (↓)69 (↓)6 (↑)916000

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Andersson, LiasMontreal CanadiensMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$717,2622345602611
Change$0011-100
Final$717,2622346 (↑)61 (↑)1 (↓)611000
Feb. 2 at 1:02 p.m.
do mods here simply remove the posts they dont like?
and theres no notification for this?

thats fun

i mentioend soemthing about how the naysayers were not going to come on and admit monahan would get a 1st +

the mod who is doing this is a muppet. yes you. muppet
Feb. 2 at 1:06 p.m.
Quoting: my_name_is_Fil
do mods here simply remove the posts they dont like?
and theres no notification for this?

thats fun

i mentioend soemthing about how the naysayers were not going to come on and admit monahan would get a 1st +

the mod who is doing this is a muppet. yes you. muppet

You're prob on a 3 month probation haha
Feb. 2 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: Jeff902
You're prob on a 3 month probation haha

testing to see what im 'allowed' to write.

cant offend the think police.
Feb. 2 at 1:40 p.m.
Hey we are the French Habs fans we supposed to be the non intelligent part of this site Web so how should be have reason when arguing with someone. We don't know what is hockey and Habs player should be trash and no value at all.

Edit: lets see if what I have written was offensive enough to be erased.

Contrary to some person here who was 100% against the idea, Monahan have being trade to Jets like it was call at numerous times for an first round pick + an third conditional if Jets win the cup.

In the end Monahan case give Montreal two first round pick, an possible third round pick and valuable time with the young guys to help them growth up.

I would have preferred that Montreal get an forward prospect before and first but this better then nothing.

So I was again right in saying that Lindholm trade was probably an dominoes trade which will make the market move. Jets are directly in competition with Canucks and have probably want to replicate to the upgrade done.

Now the question is which other team will want to move out ?! Avalanche, Oiler, Vegas or Stars maybe ??
Feb. 2 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
Hey we are the French Habs fans we supposed to be the non intelligent part of this site Web so how should be have reason when arguing with someone. We don't know what is hockey and Habs player should be trash and no value at all.

Edit: lets see if what I have written was offensive enough to be erased.

Contrary to some person here who was 100% against the idea, Monahan have being trade to Jets like it was call at numerous times for an first round pick + an third conditional if Jets win the cup.

In the end Monahan case give Montreal two first round pick, an possible third round pick and valuable time with the young guys to help them growth up.

I would have preferred that Montreal get an forward prospect before and first but this better then nothing.

So I was again right in saying that Lindholm trade was probably an dominoes trade which will make the market move. Jets are directly in competition with Canucks and have probably want to replicate to the upgrade done.

Now the question is which other team will want to move out ?! Avalanche, Oiler, Vegas or Stars maybe ??

Problem is you only get what someone is willing to offer. Nobody trades top prospects at the deadline. The prospect Calgary got from Vancouver was like there 7th best prospect, former 3rd rounder and very much a long shot to ever become anything (even if he is playing good). And Lindholm was always going to be worth more than Monahan.
Feb. 2 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: Dom1422
Problem is you only get what someone is willing to offer. Nobody trades top prospects at the deadline. The prospect Calgary got from Vancouver was like there 7th best prospect, former 3rd rounder and very much a long shot to ever become anything (even if he is playing good). And Lindholm was always going to be worth more than Monahan.

Could you really say that the guys would be selected as the third round with is stats of this year ? Hunter have alot to learn in defense but is offense is top notch. One of the reason Canucks have move him is that they already have an excellent (Hughes) puck moving d-men.

Like I say, I would have preferred an young prospect that you know over the first round pick you don't know but I'm happy non the less of the good asset management that have happened.

Could Montreal have more, yeah but at some time Hughes didn't want to wait at deadline to acquire a bit more over the chance of injury.
Feb. 2 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: EatMyScoobySnack
Could you really say that the guys would be selected as the third round with is stats of this year ? Hunter have alot to learn in defense but is offense is top notch. One of the reason Canucks have move him is that they already have an excellent (Hughes) puck moving d-men.

Like I say, I would have preferred an young prospect that you know over the first round pick you don't know but I'm happy non the less of the good asset management that have happened.

Could Montreal have more, yeah but at some time Hughes didn't want to wait at deadline to acquire a bit more over the chance of injury.

Draft plus 1 is always to be taken with a grain of salt. Hell less than like 5% of 2nd rounders become impact players, let alone 3rd rounders so it’s still a long shot. Does he have a decent chance at becoming a 3rd pairing 2nd PP kind of guy? Sure, but it’s still a B prospect at best which I would like to aim higher than that. Besides Hughes said we’re ready to overpay for a star which is what a few of these 1sts we have/acquired will go towards. That is definitely more enticing than a prospect imo.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll