SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Duboiss best buddy rights the ship

Created by: Dom1422
Published: Feb. 2 at 7:31 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 76/192 (40%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLos Angeles Kings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kaliyev, ArthurLos Angeles KingsNHL-$894,167011---386814--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLAK)---100------
2026 3rd round pick (Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLAK)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Savard, DavidMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,500,000011---274711--
Pezzetta, MichaelMontreal CanadiensNHL-$812,500011---38279--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$4,043,3332043603411
Change-$3,418,333111-1-10
Final$625,000 (↓)21 (↑)44 (↑)61 (↑)2 (↓)3 (↓)11066

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Savard, DavidMontreal CanadiensNHL-$3,500,000011---274711--
Pezzetta, MichaelMontreal CanadiensNHL-$812,500011---38279--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Kaliyev, ArthurLos Angeles KingsNHL-$894,167011---386814--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLAK)---100------
2026 3rd round pick (Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLAK)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,264,1672144705916
Change$3,418,333-1-1-1110
Final$10,682,500 (↑)20 (↓)43 (↓)69 (↓)6 (↑)10 (↑)160-6-6
Feb. 2 at 7:50 p.m.
this looks fair to me.
whos the best buddy? savard? neat
Feb. 2 at 7:58 p.m.
Quoting: my_name_is_Fil
this looks fair to me.
whos the best buddy? savard? neat

Friends from Columbus days.
Feb. 3 at 2:28 a.m.
Not only is this a huge overpay for Savard, LA is about the last place that makes sense for him as a trade target. They already have Doughty, Roy, and Spence at RHD who are all better than Savard. They have Clarke in the AHL who’s one of the best prospects in hockey. They traded away Faber and Walker because they had too many options at RHD, as well as another RHD prospect in Grans
Feb. 3 at 6:11 a.m.
LA wouldn't even trade the 3rd for that garbage, far less Kaliyev and a 1st.
Feb. 3 at 9:05 a.m.
Edited Feb. 3 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
LA wouldn't even trade the 3rd for that garbage, far less Kaliyev and a 1st.

That’s what you said about Monahan and Chiarot and Toffoli. Your opinion is no longer valid or relevant.
Feb. 3 at 1:38 p.m.
Quoting: Dom1422
That’s what you said about Monahan and Chiarot and Toffoli. Your opinion is no longer valid or relevant.

Say what? Chiarot I said he'd get a 1st and more when Montreal traded him. There are always playoff teams look for a big hard nosed defenseman who can play. Toffoli I was happy with Calgary getting Sharangovich for him, the 3rd was a nice bonus that made it a clear win from the day it happened.
Feb. 3 at 6:32 p.m.
Say what? Chiarot I said he'd get a 1st and more when Montreal traded him. There are always playoff teams look for a big hard nosed defenseman who can play. Toffoli I was happy with Calgary getting Sharangovich for him, the 3rd was a nice bonus that made it a clear win from the day it happened.

No you said Chiarot wouldn’t even get Montreal a 2nd, Toffoli I’m regretting to when Montreal traded him.
Feb. 3 at 7:39 p.m.
Edited Feb. 3 at 7:50 p.m.
No you said Chiarot wouldn’t even get Montreal a 2nd, Toffoli I’m regretting to when Montreal traded him.

You're either very confused or just making things up. Toffoli I didn't say much at all about but Chiarot I most definitely said many times he'd fetch a 1st and more. I wanted the Flames to pick him up both when Montreal signed him from Winnipeg and again when Montreal traded him to Florida.
Feb. 3 at 8:40 p.m.
You're either very confused or just making things up. Toffoli I didn't say much at all about but Chiarot I most definitely said many times he'd fetch a 1st and more. I wanted the Flames to pick him up both when Montreal signed him from Winnipeg and again when Montreal traded him to Florida.

Your exact words were “won’t even get a 3rd”. Pretty wild that you’re trying to switch up now. Next thing you’re going to claim is that you never said Monahan wouldnt net us a 1st.
Feb. 3 at 8:49 p.m.
Your exact words were “won’t even get a 3rd”.

You're very confused or just plain lying. Which is it?
Feb. 3 at 9:05 p.m.
You're very confused or just plain lying. Which is it?

Savard is a very valuable asset, in the same way Chiarot was. He’s the exact same player who netted Columbus a 1st, 3rd and a 4th for him a few years ago. He’s the exact same player. And that actually might happen, whether you believe it or not (you also didn’t think Monahan would net us a 1st). Stop while you’re behind.
Feb. 3 at 9:15 p.m.
Savard is a very valuable asset, in the same way Chiarot was. He’s the exact same player who netted Columbus a 1st, 3rd and a 4th for him a few years ago. He’s the exact same player. And that actually might happen, whether you believe it or not (you also didn’t think Monahan would net us a 1st). Stop while you’re behind.

Savard has nowhere near the same value now that Chiarot did at the time Chiarot was traded to Florida. Nowhere near, not even close.

Your exact words were “won’t even get a 3rd”. Pretty wild that you’re trying to switch up now.

You gave up on that one... Did you finally realize how easily I can prove it's an outright lie?
Feb. 3 at 9:23 p.m.
Savard has nowhere near the same value now that Chiarot did at the time Chiarot was traded to Florida. Nowhere near, not even close.

You gave up on that one... Did you finally realize how easily I can prove it's an outright lie?

Sure he does. Chiarot was “garbage” according to any metric you would use to claim Savard is garbage... You don’t watch him play. You’re not going to sit here and pretend you do. He’s the exact same player he was 2 years ago when he was traded for a 1st 3rd and a 4th. Nothing has changed.

His a minute eating shot blocking defensive defenseman. He still is that today. I’ve watched every game he’s played for the last two plus years, I watch him and guess what? He’s the same player I watched 2 plus years ago.

Try thinking about what a GM would do. Not what you would do.
Feb. 3 at 9:32 p.m.
Edited Feb. 3 at 9:46 p.m.
Sure he does. Chiarot was “garbage” according to any metric you would use to claim Savard is garbage... You don’t watch him play. You’re not going to sit here and pretend you do. He’s the exact same player he was 2 years ago when he was traded for a 1st 3rd and a 4th. Nothing has changed.

His a minute eating shot blocking defensive defenseman. He still is that today. I’ve watched every game he’s played for the last two plus years, I watch him and guess what? He’s the same player I watched 2 plus years ago.

Try thinking about what a GM would do. Not what you would do.

I guess you didn't watch your own team's run to the final a few years ago. Chiarot was a huge reason why they went so far. I did watch that run, just about every game.

Minute munching shot blocking hard nosed defensive defensemen are exactly what GMs trade 1sts and more for. 4 or 5 years ago you could argue Savard was worth as much but he's been washed up for years now.

BTW, the proof you're making crap up... I joined this site several months --after-- the Toffoli to Calgary trade was made. I never had a problem with it either.
Feb. 3 at 10:10 p.m.
I guess you didn't watch your own team's run to the final a few years ago. Chiarot was a huge reason why they went so far. I did watch that run, just about every game.

Minute munching shot blocking hard nosed defensive defensemen are exactly what GMs trade 1sts and more for. 4 or 5 years ago you could argue Savard was worth as much but he's been washed up for years now.

BTW, the proof you're making crap up... I joined this site several months --after-- the Toffoli to Calgary trade was made. I never had a problem with it either.

4-5 years ago? My guy it just happened a few years ago. He was literally traded for a 1st, a 3rd and a 4th to Tampa. He’s the same player.

I’m not calling Chiarot useless, but most people do. Chiarot isn’t useless, just like Savard isn’t useless. Chiarot might make you want to punch air sometimes with the dumb **** he does, but for the most part he’s pretty useful. Savard would’ve done the same thing Chiarot did in those playoffs, the only difference is Savard would’ve done it better, because he’s a better player. I’ve watched them both with my own eyes. 2-3 years worth of tape logged. You can believe what you want I guess. I know for a fact, I have no idea what you’re even basing this opinion on.
Feb. 3 at 11:03 p.m.
4-5 years ago? My guy it just happened a few years ago. He was literally traded for a 1st, a 3rd and a 4th to Tampa. He’s the same player.

I’m not calling Chiarot useless, but most people do. Chiarot isn’t useless, just like Savard isn’t useless. Chiarot might make you want to punch air sometimes with the dumb **** he does, but for the most part he’s pretty useful. Savard would’ve done the same thing Chiarot did in those playoffs, the only difference is Savard would’ve done it better, because he’s a better player. I’ve watched them both with my own eyes. 2-3 years worth of tape logged. You can believe what you want I guess. I know for a fact, I have no idea what you’re even basing this opinion on.

Savard is useless... Chiarot AT THE TIME HE WAS TRADED was far more valuable than Savard is now. You claimed the washed up Savard of today who can't even stay healthy anymore is worth at least as much as Chiarot was back when Florida traded for him. That's absurd!

"Coulda woulda shoulda... Because he's a better player..." Wow, you must be on some really good drugs to come up with that!

The last time Savard was good was in 2018-19... 5 years ago, you could maybe argue he was still ok the next year which is why I said 4 or 5 years ago.
Feb. 3 at 11:12 p.m.
Edited Feb. 3 at 11:36 p.m.
Savard is useless... Chiarot AT THE TIME HE WAS TRADED was far more valuable than Savard is now. You claimed the washed up Savard of today who can't even stay healthy anymore is worth at least as much as Chiarot was back when Florida traded for him. That's absurd!

"Coulda woulda shoulda... Because he's a better player..." Wow, you must be on some really good drugs to come up with that!

The last time Savard was good was in 2018-19... 5 years ago, you could maybe argue he was still ok the next year which is why I said 4 or 5 years ago.

Can’t even stay healthy? Missing 15-20 games is an issue in your mind? Man thats 90% of the league. Most players are not Ironmen lol.

He’s not washed, he’s the exact same player from a few years ago. What happened to him? I still see the same player.. Tell me from your time watching him all these games, what happened to him? Looks like the same player to me.

In the right situation he’d be worth a 1st at the deadline guaranteed, but the market plays a big role in that. Depends who else is available. He wouldn’t go for anything less than a 2nd and a 3rd (or equivalent) that’s for sure. No chance.

And if he were a free agent? He’d get paid. GM’s love them some Savard.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll