Forums/Armchair-GM

Sergy Injury TDL

Created by: kuuuuuuuch
Team: 2023-24 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 7, 2024
Published: Feb. 7, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Cap Space we have if Sergy is injured the rest of the season.
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$75,981,665$0$160,000$7,518,335
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 8
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$2,665,000$2,665,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,200,000$5,200,000
RD
UFA - 8
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$776,665$776,665
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$762,500$762,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 7 at 10:32 p.m.
SkateOrDie
is this the same knee?
Not a good sign if it is.

It does not help you don't have a 1st round pick for 2 years. Gonna make it hard to bring back a decent LD.
Feb. 7 at 10:50 p.m.
Former NHL Executive
He is out for the year. That's a minimum of 6-8 weeks recovery which puts it at April. Hold him out 2 more weeks, give him a 2 week conditioning stint in the minors and he's back for the playoffs (best case).
Feb. 7 at 10:55 p.m.
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
is this the same knee?
Not a good sign if it is.

It does not help you don't have a 1st round pick for 2 years. Gonna make it hard to bring back a decent LD.

He's never had a significant knee injury, and this looks like his ankle or lower leg broke anyway.
Feb. 7 at 11:17 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Quoting: JTBF81
He's never had a significant knee injury, and this looks like his ankle or lower leg broke anyway.

they say he grabbed his knee.
Not claiming I know which it is but that's what i read.
He was out earlier with a knee injury.
Feb. 7 at 11:58 p.m.
pens1991
Quoting: Rajvinder
He is out for the year. That's a minimum of 6-8 weeks recovery which puts it at April. Hold him out 2 more weeks, give him a 2 week conditioning stint in the minors and he's back for the playoffs (best case).

Zero chance he is back for playoffs with how bad that looked, maybe not even start of next season.
Feb. 8 at 2:47 a.m.
they say he grabbed his knee.
Not claiming I know which it is but that's what i read.
He was out earlier with a knee injury.

He grabbed at his lower leg/ankle. It's pretty clear from the video that hos lower leg/ankle snaps/contorts badly, and his ankle is at a bad angle when he's laying there. He's had no major knee injury before that anyone knows of, as his previous injury was not specified. If it was a break, which a local MD that follows the team seemed to think, the severity of it will determine his likely time missed. If it's less severe, probabaly 3-4 months. If it requires.surgery or is more severe, then he's likely back by start of next season. In any case, very unlikely it's career altering or ending luke so many on here and other forums seem to be speculating.
Feb. 8 at 2:49 a.m.
Quoting: pens1991
Zero chance he is back for playoffs with how bad that looked, maybe not even start of next season.

Depending on the severity and if Tampa makes a run, he could in theory be back. It is more likely though that he returns for day one next season.
Feb. 8 at 6:38 a.m.
SkateOrDie
He grabbed at his lower leg/ankle. It's pretty clear from the video that hos lower leg/ankle snaps/contorts badly, and his ankle is at a bad angle when he's laying there. He's had no major knee injury before that anyone knows of, as his previous injury was not specified. If it was a break, which a local MD that follows the team seemed to think, the severity of it will determine his likely time missed. If it's less severe, probabaly 3-4 months. If it requires.surgery or is more severe, then he's likely back by start of next season. In any case, very unlikely it's career altering or ending luke so many on here and other forums seem to be speculating.

I just saw the hit.
He grabs his left knee.
Now that doesn't mean the lower leg didn't hurt but he grabs his knee.

It does look like his lower left leg could be broken, but he may have popped his acl too. 180 degree flexion while being totally rotated. That's bad news.
It's really hard to tell.

I do think maybe it's his knee though for 2 reasons.

1st, he holds his left leg up... you don't not hold your left leg up when it's broken. because it would be basically dangling with no support it would hurt like hell. You would put it back down fast.
People tend to leave the leg down and grab lower.

2nd being, when they put him on the stretcher his feet are up and down, not rotated like a break. Usually on a break the foot is out of place.
Like on a hip fracture, the hip rotates into External rotation. Usually when a tib fracture happens the foot is rotated. Of course it could be that bald headed guy holding it but it didn't look rotated when he was holding it up either.

Worst case it's both. Best case just a fracture.
Feb. 8 at 12:31 p.m.
I just saw the hit.
He grabs his left knee.
Now that doesn't mean the lower leg didn't hurt but he grabs his knee.

It does look like his lower left leg could be broken, but he may have popped his acl too. 180 degree flexion while being totally rotated. That's bad news.
It's really hard to tell.

I do think maybe it's his knee though for 2 reasons.

1st, he holds his left leg up... you don't not hold your left leg up when it's broken. because it would be basically dangling with no support it would hurt like hell. You would put it back down fast.
People tend to leave the leg down and grab lower.

2nd being, when they put him on the stretcher his feet are up and down, not rotated like a break. Usually on a break the foot is out of place.
Like on a hip fracture, the hip rotates into External rotation. Usually when a tib fracture happens the foot is rotated. Of course it could be that bald headed guy holding it but it didn't look rotated when he was holding it up either.

Worst case it's both. Best case just a fracture.

I've watched it from dfferent angles several times, he grabs down to his leg, but it's definitely lower than the knee. The way the leg is caught under him and where the leg contacts awkwardly indicates an ankle or a lower tib/fib. The way his ankle and lower leg are badly positioned right after the fall is also indicative of a lower break. Is it possible the knee sustained some damage, yes, but like with the Jeannot injury last year and others similarly looking to this one, the main damage usually occurs to the ankle/lower leg. If there's no ligament/tendon damage, it's possible he could be back in 12-16 weeks, but I would think it's more likely he's back for start of next season.
Feb. 8 at 4:35 p.m.
SkateOrDie
I've watched it from dfferent angles several times, he grabs down to his leg, but it's definitely lower than the knee. The way the leg is caught under him and where the leg contacts awkwardly indicates an ankle or a lower tib/fib. The way his ankle and lower leg are badly positioned right after the fall is also indicative of a lower break. Is it possible the knee sustained some damage, yes, but like with the Jeannot injury last year and others similarly looking to this one, the main damage usually occurs to the ankle/lower leg. If there's no ligament/tendon damage, it's possible he could be back in 12-16 weeks, but I would think it's more likely he's back for start of next season.

he never reaches down his leg I don't even know what you are looking at. He grabs his knee and holds it.

The ankle is surprisingly flexible. People roll them all the time with no break. Even in skates. The odds of a break there are 50/50.
I'm not saying there is no possibility of break, I stated that above and if it is it's only 8 weeks for bone to heal. Depending how aggressive they let his stretch it's 8-12 weeks to the ice.
Some will let you non weight barring stretch 4 weeks in as the bubble is on the bone.
If he's plated they will let him stretch in 1-2 weeks after surgery. As the Plate will hold the bone in place.

However the knee is no where near as flexible. full External rotation and flexion is almost always a sign of a ACL pop no matter what sport it is in.
He's clearly holding his knee almost the whole time after. He's not reaching for his ankle.

It will be interesting to see what it is. I have not seen offically either way yet. But most people are saying the knee right now. Which makes sense watching it twist like that.
Feb. 8 at 5:38 p.m.
he never reaches down his leg I don't even know what you are looking at. He grabs his knee and holds it.

The ankle is surprisingly flexible. People roll them all the time with no break. Even in skates. The odds of a break there are 50/50.
I'm not saying there is no possibility of break, I stated that above and if it is it's only 8 weeks for bone to heal. Depending how aggressive they let his stretch it's 8-12 weeks to the ice.
Some will let you non weight barring stretch 4 weeks in as the bubble is on the bone.
If he's plated they will let him stretch in 1-2 weeks after surgery. As the Plate will hold the bone in place.

However the knee is no where near as flexible. full External rotation and flexion is almost always a sign of a ACL pop no matter what sport it is in.
He's clearly holding his knee almost the whole time after. He's not reaching for his ankle.

It will be interesting to see what it is. I have not seen offically either way yet. But most people are saying the knee right now. Which makes sense watching it twist like that.

Yes, he did reach down below.the knee. Because of his positioning, maybe you thought it was his knee he was grabbing for but it was not. There appears, as I said, to be no damage with the knee as the team has already reported it was a break of tbe tib and fib, and that he hasnhad successful surgery in New York. If there was no ligament/tendon damage to the ankle area, he should be able to be back by the start of next season.
Feb. 8 at 5:48 p.m.
SkateOrDie
Yes, he did reach down below.the knee. Because of his positioning, maybe you thought it was his knee he was grabbing for but it was not. There appears, as I said, to be no damage with the knee as the team has already reported it was a break of tbe tib and fib, and that he hasnhad successful surgery in New York. If there was no ligament/tendon damage to the ankle area, he should be able to be back by the start of next season.

I just saw that.

8-12 weeks he'll be back sometime in the playoffs if things go well is my guess. You got 10 weeks till the end of the season. 2 weeks per series. Sometime between 2nd round and SCF he will return if things go well.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll