SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Markstrom to NJ

Created by: FlamestoWin
Published: Feb. 8 at 7:39 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 70/192 (36%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$2,187,500011-------2.550.913
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Siegenthaler, JonasNew Jersey DevilsIR-$1,239,583011---38178--
Daws, NicoWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$310,200011-------3.430.895
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$74,8722344654711
Change$637,717011100
Final$712,589 (↑)2345 (↑)66 (↑)5 (↑)711178

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Siegenthaler, JonasNew Jersey DevilsIR-$3,400,000011---38178--
Daws, NicoWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$850,833011-------3.430.895
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$6,000,000011-------2.550.913
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$7,437,5002345673511
Change-$1,749,1670-1-1-100
Final$5,688,333 (↓)2344 (↓)66 (↓)2 (↓)511-1-7-8
Feb. 8 at 7:39 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
NJD passes
Feb. 8 at 7:44 p.m.
With some conditions on Siegenthaler's return from surgery and performance after returning this would be acceptable. Nothing extreme in the conditions, just enough to show he's still a good enough NHL player to justify his cap hit.
Feb. 8 at 7:45 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: MoxNix
With some conditions on Siegenthaler's return from surgery and performance after returning this would be acceptable.

NJD passes hope this helps
Feb. 8 at 7:45 p.m.
PETTERSSON FOR HART
Markstrom to NJ is possible but it’ll take more than that
Feb. 8 at 7:46 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: CANUCKS4EVA
Markstrom to NJ is possible but it’ll take more than that

NJD is not trading a quality LD making 3.4 mill for the next 5 years for Markstrom
Feb. 8 at 7:47 p.m.
PETTERSSON FOR HART
Quoting: dgibb10
NJD is not trading a quality LD making 3.4 mill for the next 5 years for Markstrom

I never said that exact trade
Feb. 8 at 7:48 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I never said that exact trade

NJD probably doesn't even go up to a 1st without retention on a 34 year old goalie making 6 million.
Feb. 8 at 7:49 p.m.
PETTERSSON FOR HART
NJD probably doesn't even go up to a 1st without retention on a 34 year old goalie making 6 million.

But do you think they go after a goalie
Feb. 8 at 7:54 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
But do you think they go after a goalie

Our GM is stated as preferring to not make goalie trades in season.

Markstrom would very much limit what we can do next year and in 25-26.

Especially with his age and a full NMC.
Feb. 8 at 9:22 p.m.
As the flames not trading markstrom
Feb. 9 at 2:51 a.m.
NJD passes

Here we go again... another "I get your top goalie in the league for nothing" comment. Classic.
delete liked this.
Feb. 9 at 10:27 a.m.
NJD passes hope this helps

you know what the devils pass on your opinion.
Feb. 9 at 10:29 a.m.

do you really think your Marky bashing will actually stop a trade to the devils?
Feb. 9 at 11:47 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: delete
do you really think your Marky bashing will actually stop a trade to the devils?

Again I would be shocked if the devils gave up significant assets for an unretained markstrom
Feb. 9 at 11:48 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: SpennyE
Here we go again... another "I get your top goalie in the league for nothing" comment. Classic.

-34 years old
-6 mill AAV
-full NMC
-has been bad in 2 of the last 4 years
Feb. 9 at 12:24 p.m.
Again I would be shocked if the devils gave up significant assets for an unretained markstrom

well i think you being shocked is a regular occurance then.because i promise the flames dont ask Marky to waive unless its a 1st pick.and i double promise they will not retain,because Marky is a top goalie in this league,and at 6 mil very underpaid.
Feb. 9 at 12:28 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
well i think you being shocked is a regular occurance then.because i promise the flames dont ask Marky to waive unless its a 1st pick.and i double promise they will not retain,because Marky is a top goalie in this league,and at 6 mil very underpaid.

Then Markstrom doesn’t get traded, which as I’ve said countless times is what I think the most likely outcome.

If you won’t retain on Markstrom you remove virtually every bidder from the market. And other bidders get removed by his NMC

So that means NJD is bidding against nobody. And bidding against nobody is an easy way to bid.
Feb. 9 at 12:31 p.m.
-34 years old
-6 mill AAV
-full NMC
-has been bad in 2 of the last 4 years

playing as well as he ever has,no signs of regression. 6mil equals underpaid. the flames just moved his best buddy and cousin Lindy,because there going into a rebuild,and Marky wants to win a cup,so waiving the nmc isnt a issue. but your claims of him being bad in two of the last 4 yrs is just a complete lie,or just incompetance and lack of understanding on your part. was last night when Marky was the difference in the Flames win over your devils,because Vanecek isnt even a good backup,the first time you have ever seen Marky play? i know you like rattle off stats from different sites but i dont think you actually watch the games.
Feb. 9 at 12:38 p.m.
Then Markstrom doesn’t get traded, which as I’ve said countless times is what I think the most likely outcome.

If you won’t retain on Markstrom you remove virtually every bidder from the market. And other bidders get removed by his NMC

So that means NJD is bidding against nobody. And bidding against nobody is an easy way to bid.

i dont get why you dont understand the fact,there is no bidding war needed.its a 1st with no retention,or they dont even ask Marky to waive.its a very simple concept that you cant seem to grasp. and i do know you trying to stop a Marky trade to the team njd with the worst goaltending in the nhl is just silly.nobody cares if you dont like Marky,because anybody that understands hockey,knows just how good he really is.
Feb. 9 at 12:46 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
i dont get why you dont understand the fact,there is no bidding war needed.its a 1st with no retention,or they dont even ask Marky to waive.its a very simple concept that you cant seem to grasp. and i do know you trying to stop a Marky trade to the team njd with the worst goaltending in the nhl is just silly.nobody cares if you dont like Marky,because anybody that understands hockey,knows just how good he really is.

Then don’t ask Markstrom to waive. You play that game of chicken and see if you can sell him this offseason, or next year, or next offseason and hope he doesn’t revert back that what he was last year or even worse
Feb. 9 at 12:52 p.m.
Then don’t ask Markstrom to waive. You play that game of chicken and see if you can sell him this offseason, or next year, or next offseason and hope he doesn’t revert back that what he was last year or even worse

the devils arent going to throw there season away,because they have a major weakness in net.that just isnt how big business professional sports work. franchises dont not try to improve because some kid in there parents basement doesnt like one of the best goalies in the game Marky.
Feb. 9 at 12:54 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
the devils arent going to throw there season away,because they have a major weakness in net.that just isnt how big business professional sports work. franchises dont not try to improve because some kid in there parents basement doesnt like one of the best goalies in the game Marky.

NHL franchises also aren’t shortsighted. They see the fact that Markstrom is 34 years old and has a history of inconsistency (was a big reason why Calgary missed the playoffs in 22-23 and 20-21)

The Devils GM objectively prefers to make goalie moves in the offseason.
Feb. 9 at 1:27 p.m.
NHL franchises also aren’t shortsighted. They see the fact that Markstrom is 34 years old and has a history of inconsistency (was a big reason why Calgary missed the playoffs in 22-23 and 20-21)

The Devils GM objectively prefers to make goalie moves in the offseason.

ok kid i respect the fact that even after all the shots i have taken at you,because of your continual bashing of a great goalie and competator Marky,you havent fired back and kept it respectful,thats called character. but what i dont respect is the stubborness and constantly saying that Marky has been inconsistent. the truth is he has had one bad yr as a flame,and that was after coming off a 2nd allstar and 2nd in vezina voting season. he is back to that level again. he has been remarkable consistent as a canuck and as a flame. except one yr when the whole team was bad,because the coach sutter was hated.there were numerous trade requests if Sutter wasnt fired,the whole last season with Sutter was toxic,they couldnt stand the guy,so Marky along with most of the team had off yrs. we have covered it,you simply do not know how good this goalie is and dont understand how he could impact the devils. i do because i have watched him almost every game he has played as a canuck and flame,and he is truly a legit top end starting goalie. having said that we are done.
Feb. 9 at 3:39 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
ok kid i respect the fact that even after all the shots i have taken at you,because of your continual bashing of a great goalie and competator Marky,you havent fired back and kept it respectful,thats called character. but what i dont respect is the stubborness and constantly saying that Marky has been inconsistent. the truth is he has had one bad yr as a flame,and that was after coming off a 2nd allstar and 2nd in vezina voting season. he is back to that level again. he has been remarkable consistent as a canuck and as a flame. except one yr when the whole team was bad,because the coach sutter was hated.there were numerous trade requests if Sutter wasnt fired,the whole last season with Sutter was toxic,they couldnt stand the guy,so Marky along with most of the team had off yrs. we have covered it,you simply do not know how good this goalie is and dont understand how he could impact the devils. i do because i have watched him almost every game he has played as a canuck and flame,and he is truly a legit top end starting goalie. having said that we are done.

I would also like to apologize if I came off as rude in any way. a 1st for Markstrom is one of the more reasonable requests I've seen on here. I don't disagree that he's been excellent this year.

I personally am just very against going after older goalies. I don't think your ask is anything ridiculous. I'm just not sure it's the right fit for jersey.

1st+2nd+2nd for Half retained markstrom would be my counter.

I think I aslo got somewhat caught up in all of the other markstrom proposals where it's like Mercer+holtz+1st etc.

Again, my apologies if I came off as rude
Feb. 9 at 8:09 p.m.
I would also like to apologize if I came off as rude in any way. a 1st for Markstrom is one of the more reasonable requests I've seen on here. I don't disagree that he's been excellent this year.

I personally am just very against going after older goalies. I don't think your ask is anything ridiculous. I'm just not sure it's the right fit for jersey.

1st+2nd+2nd for Half retained markstrom would be my counter.

I think I aslo got somewhat caught up in all of the other markstrom proposals where it's like Mercer+holtz+1st etc.

Again, my apologies if I came off as rude

Ok class act. so your offering two 2nds for half retention,i would do it.but i can guarantee murray edwards isnt,they didnt even retain on ufa Lindy, he is cheap as hell, murray is the reason there going into a rebuild.he would never let a GM build it right.he doesnt care about cups,his only concern is getting into the playoffs so he can make some money.so the flames have been in the middle for 30 yrs. your worried about Markys age,ok fair but its only two more yrs,and the devils need a goalie now.if theres anybody to defy his age its Marky,this guy is just about the most competitive guy i have seen,and he hasnt showed any signs of regression,if he went to jersey and had a chance to win a cup he isnt getting comfortable,ill guarantee it.I love the guy but the flames arent a contender for yrs now,so he needs to go somewhere and win a cup.
dgibb10 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll