Forums/Mock-Draft

Realistic 2023 Mock Draft

Realistic 2023 Mock Draft

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: TheRealisticGuy
Published: Feb. 8 at 7:46 p.m.
Feb. 9 at 12:45 a.m.
mokumboi
How does one figure Lindstein/Simashev have dropped like stones, but ASP has rocketed upward?
gmgb liked this.
Feb. 9 at 8:19 a.m.
Joe
Quoting: mokumboi
How does one figure Lindstein/Simashev have dropped like stones, but ASP has rocketed upward?

Easier to substantialize offense, which Pellikka has the best of the group. That's my guess. Not that I think that Lindstein and Simashev should drop significantly, but I mean Pellikka was on record to break SHL U20 defensemen records previously held by Hedman.
Also has gone from bad defense to okay-to-good defense!
Feb. 9 at 8:23 a.m.

Ditto for Molendyk.
mokumboi liked this.
Feb. 9 at 9:53 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: gmgb
Ditto for Molendyk.

And Bonk and Strbak.
gmgb liked this.
Feb. 9 at 9:56 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Easier to substantialize offense, which Pellikka has the best of the group. That's my guess. Not that I think that Lindstein and Simashev should drop significantly, but I mean Pellikka was on record to break SHL U20 defensemen records previously held by Hedman.
Also has gone from bad defense to okay-to-good defense!

His defense was terrible at the WJC. And he was only okay offensively. Lindstein was the best Dman at the tournament, with more offense against tougher competition. Simashev is a badass in a harder league. It's askew.
Feb. 9 at 11:28 a.m.
Joe
Edited Feb. 9 at 12:08 p.m.
His defense was terrible at the WJC. And he was only okay offensively. Lindstein was the best Dman at the tournament, with more offense against tougher competition. Simashev is a badass in a harder league. It's askew.

You're exaggerating his performance in the wrong directions. He was okay defensively and great offensively. Plus, he was playing injured lol. I'm not necessarily gonna say he deserved the best defensemen of the tourney, but you make it seem as if he wasn't good. He was good enough to win DPOT, albeit maybe not deserved.

Simashev's case goes back to not having good materialized stats, 0 points in the past 10 games. Don't watch the KHL, so I'm not gonna put my cents into it and where Simashev should be placed (im just presuming thats "why" he's fallen to this guy), but I will say that the KHL and SHL are very comparable. I'll heed that the KHL is better, but not significantly.
Feb. 9 at 11:37 a.m.
Joe
You're embellishing his performance in the wrong directions. He was okay defensively and great offensively. Plus, he was playing injured lol. I'm not necessarily gonna say he deserved the best defensemen of the tourney, but you make it seem as if he wasn't good. He was good enough to win DPOT, albeit maybe not deserved.

Simashev's case goes back to not having good materialized stats, 0 points in the past 10 games. Don't watch the KHL, so I'm not gonna put my cents into it and where Simashev should be placed (im just presuming thats "why" he's fallen to this guy), but I will say that the KHL and SHL are very comparable.

Not gonna completely back advanced stats as they're quite flawed, but being "terrible" and "okay" in defense and offense doesn't place you in the 90% percentile lol
https://twitter.com/lassialanen/status/1743664915326337273?t=-r02Z4UD4u-6OTgUvGAmzA&s=19
Feb. 9 at 3:50 p.m.
mokumboi
You're exaggerating his performance in the wrong directions. He was okay defensively and great offensively. Plus, he was playing injured lol. I'm not necessarily gonna say he deserved the best defensemen of the tourney, but you make it seem as if he wasn't good. He was good enough to win DPOT, albeit maybe not deserved.

Simashev's case goes back to not having good materialized stats, 0 points in the past 10 games. Don't watch the KHL, so I'm not gonna put my cents into it and where Simashev should be placed (im just presuming thats "why" he's fallen to this guy), but I will say that the KHL and SHL are very comparable. I'll heed that the KHL is better, but not significantly.

In no way shape or form was ASP close to being good enough to take the best Dman award, which was a total sham. He wasn't even the third best Dman on Sweden in that tournament. He somehow found a way to be a minus and got dropped from the top pairing for Willander and Lindstein, who were both worlds better, and had his ice time reduced. I'll agree ASP was okay, but that's about it. Not to say the WJC is the end all be all, but it's a solid indicator for top prospects. He's got a lot of work to do before the NHL.

The KHL is definitely better, I've seen a bunch of games in person. And Simashev is an absolute horse for his team as a teenager. Points are not his primary assignment.
Feb. 9 at 3:52 p.m.
mokumboi
Not gonna completely back advanced stats as they're quite flawed, but being "terrible" and "okay" in defense and offense doesn't place you in the 90% percentile lol
https://twitter.com/lassialanen/status/1743664915326337273?t=-r02Z4UD4u-6OTgUvGAmzA&s=19

He was definitely bad defensively at the WJC, thats why he was shifted out of the top pairing role. And there's been a lot of discussion about his amount of own zone mistakes in Sweden this season. It's an issue now, so it's certainly going to be an issue to watch once he hits NA.
Feb. 9 at 7:21 p.m.
Joe
He was definitely bad defensively at the WJC, thats why he was shifted out of the top pairing role. And there's been a lot of discussion about his amount of own zone mistakes in Sweden this season. It's an issue now, so it's certainly going to be an issue to watch once he hits NA.

All I'll say is "LOL" and have a good day.
Feb. 9 at 7:25 p.m.
mokumboi
All I'll say is "LOL" and have a good day.

Heh. Yeah, it's funny because it's true. Nothing I said there is even controversial. I thought it was common knowledge.
Feb. 9 at 7:27 p.m.
Joe
Heh. Yeah, it's funny because it's true. Nothing I said there is even controversial. I thought it was common knowledge.

"Common knowledge" when you hold animosity towards a prospect who, once again, was injured, and was just better than whatever you think you saw lol. Then again, you think Lindstein deserved it, so I guess I can infer why.
Take back my good day, btw.
Feb. 9 at 7:46 p.m.
mokumboi
"Common knowledge" when you hold animosity towards a prospect who, once again, was injured, and was just better than whatever you think you saw lol. Then again, you think Lindstein deserved it, so I guess I can infer why.
Take back my good day, btw.

Wait... what? Animosity? Where did you ever get that idea? Was he not dropped from the top pairing? Was he not somehow a minus? Are pundits not discussing his defensive issues in Sweden? These are all facts, dude.

And Lindstein deserved it because he earned it. Pretty much everyone agreed he was the best Dman at the tournament. He was on the team of the tournament, ASP was not. Unfortunately, the best F/D/G awards are not chosen by media. They're chosen by the organizers, who obviously just want the big name.

Seriously, are you legit arguing ASP earned the award? Because if not, I'm unclear why anything I've said is even a slightly warm take.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll