1. Powell, Eamon [Reserve List]
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
About the value Calgary is asking for Tanev
TBL
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Brodie, TJ
Additional Details:
TBL gets Brodie to fill in for Sergachev for the rest of the year and Abruzzese is a cheap look\attempt at a top6 winger
TOR
  1. Jones, Caleb
  2. 2024 4th round pick (COL)
  3. 2024 5th round pick (SEA)
  4. 2025 4th round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
trade depth guys for mid picks
COL
  1. Giordano, Mark
  2. Gregor, Noah
  3. Jones, Martin
Additional Details:
Cheap depth for Colorado
TOR
  1. Kakko, Kaapo
Additional Details:
Take a chance on a young forward and lose a guy that never really found his full game in TO
NYR
  1. Bertuzzi, Tyler ($2,750,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Full no move so he decides where he goes if he moves at all
If he can play RW, he could be as productive or even more so than Vatrano was
TOR
  1. Larsson, Adam ($2,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Even when selling they buy for next year. They don't want to lose the 1st round pick since people are talking like it's the 2015 draft without McDavid and Eichel.
Why not move out Minten?
SEA
  1. Minten, Fraser
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
19 year old that started the year in the NHL, his CHL numbers this year aren't what you'd hope but, still a solid prospect
TOR
  1. Lorentz, Steven
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (FLA)
  3. 2025 3rd round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
I get the impression Leaf fans want Domi to stay, maybe Treliving can tell him something along the lines of:
We really like you and we'll be doing our best to sign you in the summer but, this trade gives you a chance to win this season and helps us in the future, we wish you the best!
FLA
  1. Domi, Max ($1,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Had a strong playoff for Dallas last year
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the SEA
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$76,906,450$0$0$6,593,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$1,050,000$1,050,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$3,550,000$3,550,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 20 at 9:20 a.m.
Easy decline for the rangers. And Kakko is a RW not left
Root liked this.
Feb. 20 at 9:30 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
The Leafs are 12-4-0 in their last 16 and we are still trying to sell?
Feb. 20 at 9:34 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: Rags21
Easy decline for the rangers. And Kakko is a RW not left

Can players, especially ones who have struggled not be tried at different positions on different teams? When you played hockey (assuming you played or are still playing) did your coach never move you to different positionsand when moved have you never found your game might be better suited in that new position, it's not that crazy for players to move.

Also is it the value you have for Kakko that makes you say no, you don't like Bertuzzi, you just don't want to give Toronto the chance at developping a prospect that is looking like a bust, something else, all of the above?
Feb. 20 at 9:34 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: Leafsfan98
The Leafs are 12-4-0 in their last 16 and we are still trying to sell?

It's in the title
Feb. 20 at 9:39 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Leafs might have been sellers....not extending Nylander would have brought a nice haul.
Hate the Larsson trade. One year of Larsson isn't worth that, even if the Leafs were buyers.
DealFinder67 liked this.
Feb. 20 at 9:41 a.m.
Quoting: lowblocksniper
Can players, especially ones who have struggled not be tried at different positions on different teams? When you played hockey (assuming you played or are still playing) did your coach never move you to different positionsand when moved have you never found your game might be better suited in that new position, it's not that crazy for players to move.

Also is it the value you have for Kakko that makes you say no, you don't like Bertuzzi, you just don't want to give Toronto the chance at developping a prospect that is looking like a bust, something else, all of the above?

Coaches at the NHL level rarely change a players position that he grew up playing his whole career. You experiment when you’re younger to see what side or position you’re best at (Kandre Miller switching from forward to defense)

I’ve never been a fan of Bertuzzi and the rangers need more right wingers, not to swap. If they want Bertuzzi, it’ll be for picks and low end prospects
Feb. 20 at 9:43 a.m.
Avs pass.
Feb. 20 at 9:44 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: palhal
Leafs might have been sellers....not extending Nylander would have brought a nice haul.
Hate the Larsson trade. One year of Larsson isn't worth that, even if the Leafs were buyers.

I respect the hate for the Larsson trade but, Vince Dunn had a crazy year last year and a more lowkey but still a strong year offensively being paired with Larsson. I think Reilly can shine more offensively when paired with a partner that allows him to use more creativity and jump into plays because he knows Larsson covers him.

You also get a year and 20ish games to convince him to stay after his contract is up
Feb. 20 at 9:47 a.m.
Kakko would never be traded for a rental. And just so we're clear i wouldn't trade you Kakko for Knies one for one, You'd have to add.
Feb. 20 at 9:50 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
It's in the title

I know... It's just needed saying IMO
Feb. 20 at 9:51 a.m.
LBS
Coaches at the NHL level rarely change a players position that he grew up playing his whole career. You experiment when you’re younger to see what side or position you’re best at (Kandre Miller switching from forward to defense)

I’ve never been a fan of Bertuzzi and the rangers need more right wingers, not to swap. If they want Bertuzzi, it’ll be for picks and low end prospects

I mean Max Domi has moved back and forth from wing to center, Sam Reinhart made it to the NHL as a center and is now killing it at wing, Brent Burns has played forward and D in the NHL, Ovechkin won best LW and RW in the same season if I remember correctly, Giroux is now a winger for Ottawa, Schenn for STL has played both Wing and Center, those are off the top of my head

I can respect not liking the player, that's fine. By need more RW you mean keeping Kakko and adding guys? How is NYR going to do that without losing guys through waivers?
Feb. 20 at 9:52 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: Root
Kakko would never be traded for a rental. And just so we're clear i wouldn't trade you Kakko for Knies one for one, You'd have to add.

That is a super hot take, not a leafs fan so I won't debate it
Feb. 20 at 9:56 a.m.
I mean Max Domi has moved back and forth from wing to center, Sam Reinhart made it to the NHL as a center and is now killing it at wing, Brent Burns has played forward and D in the NHL, Ovechkin won best LW and RW in the same season if I remember correctly, Giroux is now a winger for Ottawa, Schenn for STL has played both Wing and Center, those are off the top of my head

I can respect not liking the player, that's fine. By need more RW you mean keeping Kakko and adding guys? How is NYR going to do that without losing guys through waivers?

The rangers currently have Edstrom, Rempe and Belzile who can be sent down without waivers

Kakko has been good as RW3 since coming back from his brutal injury, so the rangers should be using their 1st to get playdriving RW for Mika & Kreider
Feb. 20 at 10:02 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: TJTwolf
Avs pass.

That's fair, not like it's life changing stuff, Avs just seem like the type of team looking for cheap depth
TJTwolf liked this.
Feb. 20 at 10:06 a.m.
That is a super hot take, not a leafs fan so I won't debate it

A lot of people don't understand the way Kakko been treated in the org. We gave him zero opportunity to show himself because it's a business, and we already had players under big contract. Rangers org purposely did this to keep his contract down low. Its risky because you can always ruin a rookie doing this, but Laf and Kakko have shown they can play. Just need that opportunity. Last year on the 3rd line Kakko got 40 points. This year don't count cause his line mates were brutal to start the season, and then he got hurt. On the 3rd line again these last 8 games he has 6 Points playing with a rookie and a AHLer. Knies is playing with the NHL best goalscorer and one of the best playmakers in the NHL, his stats are padded.
Feb. 20 at 10:12 a.m.
LBS
The rangers currently have Edstrom, Rempe and Belzile who can be sent down without waivers

Kakko has been good as RW3 since coming back from his brutal injury, so the rangers should be using their 1st to get playdriving RW for Mika & Kreider

I can't think of that type of winger that is available and most wingers that are affordable and available (assuming Kane isn't available) aren't better than Bertuzzi IMO, Duclair can play but, he doesn't drive plays he's complimentary. Henrique same thing, if the Kings fallout of the playoffs and Arvidsson becomes available maybe, Eberle is good but again not a play driver, yeah I can't think of the guy you're looking for
Feb. 20 at 10:18 a.m.
LBS
Quoting: Root
A lot of people don't understand the way Kakko been treated in the org. We gave him zero opportunity to show himself because it's a business, and we already had players under big contract. Rangers org purposely did this to keep his contract down low. Its risky because you can always ruin a rookie doing this, but Laf and Kakko have shown they can play. Just need that opportunity. Last year on the 3rd line Kakko got 40 points. This year don't count cause his line mates were brutal to start the season, and then he got hurt. On the 3rd line again these last 8 games he has 6 Points playing with a rookie and a AHLer. Knies is playing with the NHL best goalscorer and one of the best playmakers in the NHL, his stats are padded.

I mean you have to play with the cards your dealt, Knies has done well and will be close to Kakko's 40point season in his first season and is younger.

Kakko has had it rough but, he's also had chances to play with Panarin, Zibanejad and Kreider but hasn't had the production desired. You might be right about your theory but, a team purposefully killing 1st and 2nd overall picks development to save money is another hot take
Feb. 20 at 10:20 a.m.
I can't think of that type of winger that is available and most wingers that are affordable and available (assuming Kane isn't available) aren't better than Bertuzzi IMO, Duclair can play but, he doesn't drive plays he's complimentary. Henrique same thing, if the Kings fallout of the playoffs and Arvidsson becomes available maybe, Eberle is good but again not a play driver, yeah I can't think of the guy you're looking for

Doesn’t have to be a play driver, but someone who is good at 5v5 and doesn’t need the powerplay to be good. It just makes sense for it to be a play driver because Mika is a shooter and Kreider is net front

But then again, beggars can’t be choosers, so if Bertuzzi is the only one they can get for picks, then I won’t complain
lowblocksniper liked this.
Feb. 20 at 10:21 a.m.
I mean you have to play with the cards your dealt, Knies has done well and will be close to Kakko's 40point season in his first season and is younger.

Kakko has had it rough but, he's also had chances to play with Panarin, Zibanejad and Kreider but hasn't had the production desired. You might be right about your theory but, a team purposefully killing 1st and 2nd overall picks development to save money is another hot take

Kakko has barely played with Panarin because of the rumor “Panarin doesn’t want him on his line” and you can’t compare matthews/marner with Kreider/Mika. Knies easily has the better linemates especially at 5v5
Feb. 20 at 10:27 a.m.
LBS
Kakko has barely played with Panarin because of the rumor “Panarin doesn’t want him on his line” and you can’t compare matthews/marner with Kreider/Mika. Knies easily has the better linemates especially at 5v5

I mean, if my star player hates playing with someone that's kind of a bad sign, isn't it?
For sure Knies has better linemates but, as an older and in theory a more developped and mature player shouldn't Kakko make up for the difference in linemates skill with his own?
Feb. 20 at 10:37 a.m.
I mean, if my star player hates playing with someone that's kind of a bad sign, isn't it?
For sure Knies has better linemates but, as an older and in theory a more developped and mature player shouldn't Kakko make up for the difference in linemates skill with his own?

I mean Knies is gonna rack up more points if his linemate is scoring at a 70+ goal pace. Knies this year is pretty much the same as Kakko’s strong season last year

Kakko for sure needs to start driving to the net and creating his own offense, but this year when he started out on the top line, the whole line was shooting at like 4% on top of the fact that Kreider and mika get most of their points on the powerplay
Feb. 20 at 10:44 a.m.
LBS
I mean Knies is gonna rack up more points if his linemate is scoring at a 70+ goal pace. Knies this year is pretty much the same as Kakko’s strong season last year

Kakko for sure needs to start driving to the net and creating his own offense, but this year when he started out on the top line, the whole line was shooting at like 4% on top of the fact that Kreider and mika get most of their points on the powerplay

No doubt Knies is getting carried for the most part but, and this might sound crazy, there is something to be said about a player that can just hang with the top guys, being liked by top players is a talent all in it's own, one that Kakko might not have unfortunately

I saw Kakko vs the Habs last week, he looked good with the puck
Feb. 20 at 10:53 a.m.
No doubt Knies is getting carried for the most part but, and this might sound crazy, there is something to be said about a player that can just hang with the top guys, being liked by top players is a talent all in it's own, one that Kakko might not have unfortunately

I saw Kakko vs the Habs last week, he looked good with the puck

Kakko’s biggest strengths are puck possession/protection, wall play and staying down low around the goal line. Just need his linemates to put the puck in the net. He’s riding a 4 game point streak and 6 points in his last 8 on the 3rd line
Feb. 20 at 11:25 a.m.
Easy no thanks from the Rangers.
Feb. 20 at 3:09 p.m.
That's fair, not like it's life changing stuff, Avs just seem like the type of team looking for cheap depth

I don't think Martin Jones has that much trade value any more, Gregor I DO like as I think he'd be a great fit for the Avs. Giordano at this point probably isn't that much of a step up from Jones other than veteran savvy and not sure if he'd keep up with the Avs (I'll be fair and say I simply don't know). Just seems a lot to shell out for depth pieces for a team that's already very light on picks and really needs to use them more wisely if not re-stocking the farm. Then there's also contract numbers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll