Tier 2: 2-5
Tier 3: 6-9
Tier 4: 10-18
Tier 5: 19-21
Tier 6: 22-32
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
Macklin Celebrini
Celebrini has become a lock for 1st overall over the month of February. The offense that Celebrini has brought is miles better than the rest of the class and a level above. A wizard with the puck, Celebrini has a sick shot and dynamic hands. He may be only 6’0”, but Celebrini has shown that he’s not shy of using his body to drive to the net. Defensively, there are some adjustments to be made from the positioning without the puck. But other than that, Celebrini should be a generational player and the biggest boomer player in the draft.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
Ivan Demidov
Ever since coming back from injury, Demidov hasn’t looked back from his early season production, putting up back to the spot where I had him at the beginning of the season. Demidov has been dominant at the MHL level and even has gotten a few games in the KHL (though the KHL ice time hasn’t been big). I love his playmaking and 200-ft game that he brings, and he’s an above average skater. His shot is also really good, but his play away from the puck does worry me. Speeding up his decisions can be a thing to fix before arriving in the NHL.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
Cole Eiserman
OK, hear me out. Eiserman hasn’t shown a complete game outside his shot this season, but putting up a goal per game as a draft eligible player is extremely rare. Also I’ve seen NHL coaches develop a prospect’s defensive game smoothly, so the defensive game of Eiserman isn’t a big issue. The main concern I have with Eiserman is his skating. Out of all of the guys in my top 10, Eiserman has the worst skating. But given his puck skills and shooting alone, especially his analytics, Eiserman is a top 3 player in the draft.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
Artyom Levshunov
His defensive game has gotten slightly weaker, mostly his decision making. He tends to go overaggressive against the puck carrier often, leaving multiple passing options. But he does have great size at 6’2” and is physically imposing. But Levshunov’s best asset is his shot. Mostly offensive at this point, Levshunov has a booming shot and dynamic passing ability. Given his compete level as well, Levshunov should go early in the draft.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Trevor Connelly
I think scouts have overlooked Connelly’s off-ice character issues, and now a lot of GMs have him on their do-not-draft lists. But Connelly has owned it every step of the way and even apologized for his actions. He’s a top 5 player in the draft. He’s the best skater in the draft and that combined with the offensive skill will put him up here. He’s a guy that can do it all in terms of offense, from the goal-scoring to playmaking. I expect Connelly to go lower than this, given certain teams evaluation on him, but in my eyes, he’s a top 5 player in the draft. Whoever gets Connelly will be getting a Jack Hughes type player.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Anton Silayev
This is higher than what most people have Silayev, but the combination of size and speed that he has is enough to warrant a top 10 spot. Tall kid, speedy, and imposing defensively. His offense won’t jump out at you, but Silayev loves to join the rush and use his speed to find the open lane. Whoever drafts this kid is getting high upside, he has bubble top pairing potential.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
Cayden Lindstrom
Lindstrom is a similar player to Silayev, except he’s a winger. And I find that defenders are more valuable than wingers, so that’s why Silayev has the slight edge. But it could go either way, it depends on team needs come draft day which player goes first. Lindstrom also plays with size and speed. He also has a booming shot and above average puck skills. Defensively he’s also very smart, making for a reliable two-way option in the long run. He does need to learn how to keep his emotions in check better as Lindstrom does take dumb infractions via stick and body. Also, the injury concerns around him do worry me but whenever Lindstrom is healthy, he will eat a lot of minutes and excel in all ends of the ice. Previously I had Lindstrom ranked inside the top 3, but then I came to realize the one thing that no one is really talking about. The question is currently: is his point production being benefitted from playing on a line with Gavin McKenna? That question remains to be answered, that’s why I no longer have him inside the top 3. But the rare combo of size and speed should still make Lindstrom a high selection during draft day.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Zeev Buium
A really underrated prospect by most scouts, Buium really showed that he’s legit during the U20’s. I see prime Kris Letang in him. Two-way defender but has a booming shot and insane puck skills. Defensively he’s smart and can make a lot of nice plays. However, Buium doesn’t use the body much. But given his insane puck skills and incredible poise, Buium shouldn’t be drafted outside the top 10 on draft day.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
Sam Dickinson
Yes, Dickinson is taller at 6’3”, but size isn’t really a big factor when evaluating prospects anymore. Buium is better all-around, but Dickinson is flashy defensively. His offense isn’t dynamic, only his shot is his best asset. Dickinson plays with size, physicality, and the ability to control gaps. And he skates well considering his size.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Carter Yakemchuk
Before I had Yakemchuk near the 20th mark, but his defensive game is starting to improve, so I have Yakemchuk inside the top 10. Mainly an offensive defenseman, Yakemchuk has shown smart defensive instincts by using the stick and body. In short form, the defensive game is improving, but it still is nowhere near dynamic. But quite the opposite to Dickinson, Yakemchuk does have a dynamic offensive game, from his shot, vision, and wizard-like puck handling. Brent Burns type defender, whoever drafts Yakemchuk will get a gritty offensive force on the backend.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
Berkly Catton
Based off skill and versatility alone, Catton belongs near the top 10. I see a lot of Marco Rossi in him, pure playmaker with agility and high compete. While Catton does have a strong two-way game, his size and strength is a concern. But if you want to inject skill and smarts in your lineup, Catton is the guy to draft.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
Michael Brandsegg Nygard
Brandsegg Nygard and Konsta Helenius are turning out to be similar players, I gave MBN the slight edge because of consistency. MBN reminds me of Travis Konecny, high-energy forward with a heavy shot, smart playmaking, and decent skating ability. He has the making of a strong power forward, but he does tend to take too many penalties, via the stick. But whoever drafts him will get a leader and offense heavy winger.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
Konsta Helenius
Won’t go too in depth here, as said before, Helenius is a similar breed of player to MBN. I see a lot of Jonathan Huberdeau in Helenius, dynamic playmaker with an above average shot. Above average skater as well but lacks consistency and shies away from using the body. Helenius isn’t bad defensively either, he often makes the smart decision.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
Liam Greentree
Greentree, despite being on a garbage Windsor Spitfire team, has been a standout and a midseason riser in the draft. Production alone, Greentree belongs just inside the top 15. Big power forward, like Juraj Slafkovsky. Creative offensively, from the shot to the insane playmaking, Greentree can do it all offensively. While his forechecking is also really good, his effort on the backcheck is lackluster. His main downfall is his skating, Greentree is painfully slow for an NHL winger and the effort without the puck can be a concern as well. But the character, hockey sense, and compete level should be enough for Greentree to be taken mid first round at least during draft day.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
Tij Iginla
Just like Greentree, Iginla is another riser. But his style is nowhere near Greentree’s, Iginla is more of a two-way winger. Smart defensively, but he is really noticeable offensively. So if he’s good in all areas, why rank him at 15? I just don’t like his skating compared to the prospects above him, Iginla is often rough around the edges and at times slow. It will take at least one or two years for Iginla to develop into the impactful player, but he will be worth it. He also has the best NHL bloodlines in the draft, so you are also getting great character as well. The upside is there, I see top 6 potential in Iginla.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
Igor Chernyshov
Chernyshov is a similar player to Greentree, pure offensive power forward. Great size at 6’2”, booming shot, and dynamic passer. Also plays with speed, but not agile. Chernyshov however, does lack consistency in his game, at times he can be a liability in his own end. There are even games where he isn’t even noticeable, which is why I have given Greentree the edge in terms of rankings. But if whoever manages to get the potential out of Chernyshov, rather than having the what-ifs haunt them, they have themselves a top 6 player in the making.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
Emil Hemming
High upside at 17th. Hemming is the best defensive minded forward in the draft, similar of Elias Lindholm. He does tend to lose the puck often, but his defensive game is very dynamic and I believe it can translate into the NHL. Stick checking and aggressiveness is really good and Hemming isn’t afraid to use his body at times. All and all, excellent two-way forward, if the offense can improve, Hemming will be a great NHL player.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
Zayne Parekh
This one would be the biggest head scratcher and I get it, but I don’t like Parekh’s defensive game. Yes, he can position himself well, but he shies away from using his size and using the stick. Parekh pretty much gives me Dragicevic vibes, pure offensive defenseman who gives minimal effort defensively. But I think Parekh is the better prospect, his offensive skills are one of the best in the draft and he’s the best puck mover. Booming shot, insane playmaking, and can skate fluidly. Overall, an exciting player to watch offensively, but except Parekh to go lower than some people expect. A good NHL comparable would-be Zach Werenski.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Adam Jiricek
We have finally reached a new tier of prospects. Jiricek happens to be the best of tier 5, which is a tier of prospects that have middle pair potential. Jiricek is a solid two-way defender that has a similar game to his brother. Big kid, booming shot, decent 4-way agility, and great defensively. Reminds me of Alex Pietrangelo, the main downfall of Jiricek is the consistency offensively. Also the injury concerns surrounding him is worrisome. But if he can bounce back at least next season, I could see him becoming a top 15 player in the draft.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
Charlie Elick
This is a guy that I’ve had closer to the 30’s range, but Elick has improved his puck handling lately, so he’s jumped up slightly. Still the upside offensively outside his puck handling is questionable. But Elick is strong defensively, he uses his size well and isn’t afraid to be aggressive. His shot and passing needs adjustment in order to rise even more. Overall you are getting a Dylan DeMelo type player in Elick.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
Matvei Shuravin
Offensive production hasn’t been great lately, so that’s why Shuravin’s draft stock has slid quite a bit. But he’s still bought in defensively, from the size to the gap control. Reminds me of Brett Pesce.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
Dean Letourneau
From this point on, the draft is a crapshoot. Letourneau just happens to lead the charge for the sixth tier. This tier of players project as mid-second pairing defenseman. Letourneau has all the necessary tools to become a GM favorite player, but whether he can perform well against harder competition will be a question mark. But production alone, he’s near the top 20 best players in the draft. Normally a high school player is drafted around this area, Letourneau is that guy.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
Kamil Bednarik
The tools that Bednarik has is underrated, he reminds me of Mikko Rantanen in many ways. Speedy winger, insane playmaker, great skater, and booming shot. Bednarik can be selfish with the puck at times and be a liability in his own end however. But he projects as a low end 2nd liner, high end 3rd liner in the NHL.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
Michael Hage
This is a guy that I could see rising even more. Before it was undetermined whether his offensive game will translate into the NHL, but he’s shown that he can be a dual-threat offensive center this season. Also strong defensively, but the injury concerns around him worry me slightly. He’s basically Eichel 2.0.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Sacha Boisvert
Boisvert is higher on other people’s draft rankings, but lower on mine because of the inconsistencies offensively. Also his painfully slow on his feet and not agile. But whenever the effort offensively is there, Boisvert is a strong two-way forward who keeps the game simple.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
Nikita Artamonov
This is probably the most competitive kid in the draft. Often described as the hardest working player on the ice, Artamonov can carry plays offensively. Although he does lack finishing ability, making for a pass first winger. Also his skating needs adjustment, his first-step acceleration is not great. But the upside is there, this is a great player around this spot.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
Cole Hutson
A player that is currently falling because of the lack of offensive production. But his skating and puck handling alone is what keeps Hutson inside the first round. Lacks size, but he isn’t afraid to use it to get around defenders. A fun player to watch, future middle pairing guy for whoever drafts him.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
Aron Kiviharju
Like Hutson, Kiviharju’s draft ranking is slipping, but for a much extreme reason. Kiviharju has been struggling to stay healthy and whenever he has been healthy, he’s been bouncing around different Finnish leagues. But this could end up being the steal of the draft given the fact that Kiviharju once had the pedigree of being the consensus favorite to go 1st overall. Pure offensive defenseman but lacks size and positioning away from the puck needs improvement. I see Cale Makar whenever I look at Kiviharju.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
Maxim Masse
Masse is an intriguing prospect, he does have the offensive skill to go earlier, but his effort without the puck is a major setback. Also he’s not the fastest skater out there. But the offense is fun to watch, Masse is a wizard with the puck and can really adapt to the pace of the game. You can also bet on him to win board battles as well. But the defensive awareness and decision making needs major improvement in order to even be considered a top 20 player. The offense is there, its just the defense is the main downfall.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
Bennett Sennecke
Won’t go too much into detail with this player, as Sennecke is a worse version of Masse. Less consistent, but still has the offensive talent to succeed at the next level. Defense is pure chaos though, the effort without the puck is simply non existent.
31Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Florida Panthers
Henry Mews
Mews is an extremely simple offensive defenseman. While not dynamic, he’s known for making smart plays offensively and having above average skating. Defensively is his main downfall, he often tends to turn the puck over too often and he sometimes gets outmuscled by the opposition. Overall, his game isn’t dynamic by any means, but I could see this being a major steal if at least the production improves.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Tanner Howe
It sucks to have Howe ranked this low, but I could see him rising up if the production stays consistent. The main question was, would his production decline without Bedard? Howe hasn’t looked back, producing at a point per game. Great all-around player, but he lacks puck control in his game. Also inconsistent defensively, more of a dual-offensive threat.
Feb. 25 at 12:20 p.m.
Super deep analysis, much appreciated. Interesting to see how low you are on Parekh and how high you are on Connelly.
Z0ra liked this.
Feb. 25 at 2:43 p.m.
Love this! Great job man!

All I know is I want some Michael Brandsegg-Nygard in Anaheim!

Inject a Gauthier // Zegras Brandsegg-Nygard line in my veins
Z0ra liked this.
Feb. 25 at 7:45 p.m.
Edited Feb. 26 at 12:07 a.m.
I love these rankings, thank you so much for the time you put into them! My main differences are I have Eiserman and Connelly lower and Silayev and Parekh higher.
Feb. 25 at 8:47 p.m.
Go-sabres
You have become my favorite draft guru even over Elite prospects draft board. Love your comparisons.
Z0ra liked this.
Feb. 25 at 9:09 p.m.
Evans truther
Where would you put Parascak?
Z0ra liked this.
Feb. 26 at 1:04 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: Wadejos123
Super deep analysis, much appreciated. Interesting to see how low you are on Parekh and how high you are on Connelly.

I value skating and defense a lot while ranking players. Connelly is the best skater in the draft plus his production is enough for the top 5. Parekh is all offense.
Wadejos123 liked this.
Feb. 26 at 1:06 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Love this! Great job man!

All I know is I want some Michael Brandsegg-Nygard in Anaheim!

Inject a Gauthier // Zegras Brandsegg-Nygard line in my veins

MBN would be the guy I would take. But if the Ducks are picking in the 2-8 range then they won't pick him.
Feb. 26 at 1:07 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: capsleafs447
I love these rankings, thank you so much for the time you put into them! My main differences are I have Eiserman and Connelly lower and Silayev and Parekh higher.

Thank you.
capsleafs447 liked this.
Feb. 26 at 1:07 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: BUFF742
You have become my favorite draft guru even over Elite prospects draft board. Love your comparisons.

Thank you.
BUFF742 liked this.
Feb. 26 at 1:09 a.m.
power forward
Quoting: ColonelX
Where would you put Parascak?

Parascak would be my top honorable mention. He and Howe are a coin flip for that 32nd spot. Both are the same player except Parascak is a shoot first winger. Howe is a pass first winger.

EDIT: Parascak is like Gabe Perreault of last year's draft but rawer in terms of upside.
ColonelX liked this.
Feb. 26 at 4:24 p.m.
Stovetop
Right now, if the Sharks drop to 4 I think they should take Parekh. I think he's the best offensive RHD in this draft and they have a lot of defensively responsible D in their system, especially on the Left Side (Ferraro, Thrun, Furlong, Shakir even) that they could pair with him
Feb. 26 at 8:01 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: AStovetop
Right now, if the Sharks drop to 4 I think they should take Parekh. I think he's the best offensive RHD in this draft and they have a lot of defensively responsible D in their system, especially on the Left Side (Ferraro, Thrun, Furlong, Shakir even) that they could pair with him

To clarify this actually isn't a mock draft, just a ranking. Though a mock will come soon.

Drafting Parekh that high is a big reach. The highest I could see Parekh going is 10th.
Feb. 27 at 6:06 p.m.
stop daddy it hurts

Quoting: Z0ra
To clarify this actually isn't a mock draft, just a ranking. Though a mock will come soon.

Drafting Parekh that high is a big reach. The highest I could see Parekh going is 10th.

Honestly I think if the Sharks dropped, Levshunov is their guy over Parekh.
Feb. 27 at 6:08 p.m.
Stovetop
Quoting: Sharkie69
Honestly I think if the Sharks dropped, Levshunov is their guy over Parekh.

I mean that was with the assumption Levshunov goes 2 or 3 which is were he's projected by a lot of people
Feb. 28 at 10:48 a.m.
power forward
I mean that was with the assumption Levshunov goes 2 or 3 which is were he's projected by a lot of people

I actually had Levshunov ranked at 1st for the first half of the year until Celebrini dominated at the WJC.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll