Forums/Armchair-GM

Circled back on Markstrom Per LeBrun

Created by: batman
Team: 2023-24 New Jersey Devils
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 1, 2024
Published: Mar. 1, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
seems like they're not giving up on this season. 7pts off the last WC spot.
Trades
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$80,723,333$422,500$4,632,500$2,776,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$8,800,000$8,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
UFA - 4
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 8
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
UFA - 5
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 1 at 5:44 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Take out Holtz
Mar. 1 at 5:44 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Flames should take that. Run with Vladar and Wolf and continue stockpiling assets.
Mar. 1 at 5:47 p.m.
They'd be crazy to give up that much for 2.3* seasons of markstrom
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Mar. 1 at 5:47 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
Quoting: dgibb10
Take out Holtz

Fair. Add Hattaka then. Markstrom is 34 tho.. would go after Saros even if he's more expensive.

So obviously you are a NJ fan, should they spend their 1st rounder and not giving up on the season? 7pts off the last WC spot. Imagine the pick ends up being #12 for a 34yr old Markstrom.
Mar. 1 at 5:50 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: batman
Fair. Add Hattaka then. Markstrom is 34 tho.. would go after Saros even if he's more expensive.

So obviously you are a NJ fan, should they spend their 1st rounder and not giving up on the season? 7pts off the last WC spot. Imagine the pick ends up being #12 for a 34yr old Markstrom.

NJD wouldn't trade the pick without it having heavy protections, I expect top 16 (playoffs) protections if anything.
Mar. 1 at 5:53 p.m.
TrevorA
I think CGY needs to retain $2m/yr on Markstrom to justify that 1st Round Pick, but NJD should then pay something additional for CGY to take back the Cap Dump that is Vanecek

Other way would be to retain on both Vanecek and Markstrom for the same amount and then just add a 2nd for the $2mil of retention for the additional full season on Markstrom’s contract

CGY doesn’t want or need Vanecek, but he’d be good insurance for Wolf + Vladar and perhaps with a change of scenery he rebounds and either he or Vladar become Trade Pieces for next season
Mar. 1 at 6:23 p.m.
B
Quoting: SociallyHawkward
They'd be crazy to give up that much for 2.3* seasons of markstrom

Shhhh
Mar. 1 at 6:31 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
I think CGY needs to retain $2m/yr on Markstrom to justify that 1st Round Pick, but NJD should then pay something additional for CGY to take back the Cap Dump that is Vanecek

Other way would be to retain on both Vanecek and Markstrom for the same amount and then just add a 2nd for the $2mil of retention for the additional full season on Markstrom’s contract

CGY doesn’t want or need Vanecek, but he’d be good insurance for Wolf + Vladar and perhaps with a change of scenery he rebounds and either he or Vladar become Trade Pieces for next season

According to LeBum, Devils are willing to take Markstroms full load. If true, and if Holtz was part of the original deal, I'm expecting more along the lines of Holtz and Vanacek.

Unless Hanifins involved as well, I would expect Seamus and a 1st and Holtz or Mercer.

It would fit Connies current targets of Dfens. Unless he's aiming for a center in Mercer.

To sum up, expecting something kinda underwhelming akin to Sharangovich but lots of potential upside now.
KingofRnR liked this.
Mar. 1 at 6:33 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: oilfire
According to LeBum, Devils are willing to take Markstroms full load. If true, and if Holtz was part of the original deal, I'm expecting more along the lines of Holtz and Vanacek.

Unless Hanifins involved as well, I would expect Seamus and a 1st and Holtz or Mercer.

It would fit Connies current targets of Dfens. Unless he's aiming for a center in Mercer.

To sum up, expecting something kinda underwhelming akin to Sharangovich but lots of potential upside now.

If your idea of underwhelming is getting Seamus Casey+1st+Dawson mercer you're going to be calling for Conroy's head on a stake lmao
Mar. 1 at 6:37 p.m.
If your idea of underwhelming is getting Seamus Casey+1st+Dawson mercer you're going to be calling for Conroy's head on a stake lmao

You can't read or I didn't express myself properly or you're just looking to be pissy and jumped at what you thought was a chance.

Holtz and Vanecek for Markstrom isn't great sounding, idiots are going to expect a 1st, plus, plus. I think it's underwhelming unless Holtz fits the same way Sharky does.

The deal with Hanifin wouldn't be underwhelming but I wasn't expecting that deal, Im expecting Holtz and a cap dump.
Mar. 1 at 6:50 p.m.

I'm now just seeing and hearing the reports that Markstrom isn't happy, expecting less in return now and expect it to happen soon.

Think we see Wolf on Kipper night on Saturday?
Mar. 1 at 7:03 p.m.
TrevorA
I'm now just seeing and hearing the reports that Markstrom isn't happy, expecting less in return now and expect it to happen soon.

Think we see Wolf on Kipper night on Saturday?

Haven’t seen those reports yet, but we should be selling high on Markstrom right now anyways. Latin heard they said they weren’t gonna move him because they didn’t want to send the wrong message to the team but now you’re saying he’s gonna unravel that and force a trade

Vladar is still the better option than Wolf, so I’d go with him and let Wolf settle in against lesser competition yet. I mean he got rocked against SJ and that’s why I want a cheap vet coming back for insurance in case Vladar & Wolf struggle
Mar. 1 at 7:05 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Haven’t seen those reports yet, but we should be selling high on Markstrom right now anyways. Latin heard they said they weren’t gonna move him because they didn’t want to send the wrong message to the team but now you’re saying he’s gonna unravel that and force a trade

Vladar is still the better option than Wolf, so I’d go with him and let Wolf settle in against lesser competition yet. I mean he got rocked against SJ and that’s why I want a cheap vet coming back for insurance in case Vladar & Wolf struggle

Markstrom just in an interview publically said he didn't like how things have been handled by Calgary
Mar. 1 at 7:07 p.m.
Haven’t seen those reports yet. Vladar is still better thqn Wolf, so I’d go with him and let Wolf settle in against lesser competition yet. I mean he got rocked against SJ and that’s why I want a cheap vet coming back for insurance in case Vladar & Wolf struggle

Sportsnet article from Francis quoting Markstrom saying hes unhappy with how Management handled trade talks.

Kyper amd Bourne played the audio.

If I was Connie I'd wrap this deal up now. Get what you can, clear the decks for Vladar and Wolf. I don't care one way or another about Vanecek, cost of doing business.
KingofRnR liked this.
Mar. 1 at 7:08 p.m.
Sportsnet article from Francis quoting Markstrom saying hes unhappy with how Management handled trade talks.

Kyper and Bourne played the audio.

If I was Connie I'd wrap this deal up now. Get what you can, clear the decks for Vladar and Wolf. I don't care one way or another about Vanecek, cost of doing business.
Mar. 1 at 8:13 p.m.
TrevorA
Markstrom just in an interview publically said he didn't like how things have been handled by Calgary

Good. I’d rather have Holtz + Vanecek + a 2nd + C Prospect
for Markstrom Unretained anyways
Mar. 1 at 8:15 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Good. I’d rather have Holtz + Vanecek + a 2nd + C Prospect
for Markstrom Unretained anyways

Based on what I heard it was Holtz for Markstrom (2 mill retained), with nothing meaningful else included. Maybe a 2nd but if there was a 1st I suspect it would be mentioned.

I suspect if there's no retention involved Holtz comes off the table
Mar. 1 at 8:20 p.m.
TrevorA
Based on what I heard it was Holtz for Markstrom (2 mill retained), with nothing meaningful else included. Maybe a 2nd but if there was a 1st I suspect it would be mentioned.

I suspect if there's no retention involved Holtz comes off the table

Holtz for Markstrom straight up no retention

$2mil x 2.36 yea is a 1st or 2nd + 2nd + 3rd

We don’t want or need Vitek who’d be a Cap Dump, but we’ll take him + a 2nd + C Prospect, so long as we don’t have to retain on Markstrom

I heard it was Holtz + a Pick + a Prospect + a Player with no Vitek coming back and that it cratered when Fitz asked for Retention. I’m fine to take Vitek as the “Player” back if there’s no retention on Marky, but we should get something additional for taking him off the books = Pick + C Prospect. I think I repeated myself. Oops
Mar. 1 at 8:23 p.m.
TrevorA

Kyper amd Bourne played the audio.

Agreed, ship him out asap

Like go screw yourself Markstrom. Conroy’s a Rookie GM who was left with a mess to clean up and players unsure of what they want to do and some who clearly wanted out. Give “The Management Upstairs” a break ffs 🤦‍♂️
oilfire liked this.
Mar. 1 at 8:40 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
Agreed, ship him out asap

Like go screw yourself Markstrom. Conroy’s a Rookie GM who was left with a mess to clean up and players unsure of what they want to do and some who clearly wanted out. Give “The Management Upstairs” a break ffs 🤦‍♂️

You think he wants to stay when all Lindholm Tanev Zadorov Hanifin are getting moved? He probably made it clear to the front office that he wants to get traded. He wants to compete for a cup, he's 34. Try to understand his POV. He has nothing to do in Calgary anymore lmao.
Mar. 1 at 8:49 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: batman
You think he wants to stay when all Lindholm Tanev Zadorov Hanifin are getting moved? He probably made it clear to the front office that he wants to get traded. He wants to compete for a cup, he's 34. Try to understand his POV. He has nothing to do in Calgary anymore lmao.

I honestly don’t care what Markstrom thinks. He should be a professional and keep it to himself. Nothing is more annoying, disloyal or unprofessional than a player or their agent going public and whining

Moving Lindholm & Zadorov made us better. New faces and energy has made us better.

You think missing the Playoffs or barely limping in and then losing Hanifin and Tanev to Free Agency for nothing helps Markstrom get any closer to winning!?

He’s the one who negotiated a NMC and committed to playing for the Flames and now all of a sudden he’s not happy about things that are really out of Conroy’s hands and control!? Give me a break lol

If he wants to move on, let him and sell him why his value is finally decent again. Been awhile since he’s played well for us anyways. I want anybody who no longer wants to be a Calgary Flame gone. It’s that simple

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll