Forums/Armchair-GM

Philly Binnington Toropchenko STL Bonk futures

Created by: CantStopWontStop
Team: 2023-24 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 4, 2024
Published: Mar. 4, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
**1st rounder removed from deal due to kinda bad valuation by me.

When compared to other goaltenders on the market - Markstrom and Saros, Binnington is a tier below, reducing acquisition cost for Philly.

Philly has history with nutty goalies.

Toropchenko is brought in to assist with Michov’s room and as a skater for a playoff push.

If Philly resigns Walker for 4-5 years, they may have 1 excess d. They may feel they need to do this due to Drysdale’s injury.

St. Louis gets a very high quality prospect. St. Louis would also receive an nhler, but not one whom Philly covets. Whomever Toropchenko replaces in their lineup.

I could be too high on toropchenkos value, however, given his size, contract status - he’s closer to Tanner Jeannot than not.

This type of trade would usually be restricted to the off season only - but with Carter Hart’s situation along with Phillys season long performance, the situation is weird.
Trades
STL
  1. Bonk, Oliver
  2. 2024 1st round pick (PHI)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (PHI)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$76,457,262$20,000$400,000$7,042,738
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,125,000$8,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 8
$8,125,000$8,125,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LW
RFA - 3
$835,833$835,833
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$816,667$816,667
C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$775,000$775,000
G
RFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 3
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 4 at 9:36 a.m.
Can't see Philly spending considerable futures at all - let alone on Binnington
GrittyGucci liked this.
Mar. 4 at 9:38 a.m.
Flyers are not trading Bonk and they are most definitely not trading for an overpaid goalie with temper issues. We have two goalies in the khl right now, with on projected to back up Errson next year. To bring in binnington would create the same log jam you laid out on defense. To me in regards of the defense logjam in Philly, is that we’d run a pairing of
York - Drysdale
Sanheim - Bonk
Zamula/Seeler - Walker/Risto.

They are reported trying to decide on who to commit to longer term with Walker/Risto, so either way the plan is to shed a right handed d coming from now and until the draft
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Mar. 4 at 9:44 a.m.
Quoting: GrittyGucci
Flyers are not trading Bonk and they are most definitely not trading for an overpaid goalie with temper issues. We have two goalies in the khl right now, with on projected to back up Errson next year. To bring in binnington would create the same log jam you laid out on defense. To me in regards of the defense logjam in Philly, is that we’d run a pairing of
York - Drysdale
Sanheim - Bonk
Zamula/Seeler - Walker/Risto.

They are reported trying to decide on who to commit to longer term with Walker/Risto, so either way the plan is to shed a right handed d coming from now and until the draft

I’m basing this off Elliot Friedman saying that it’s possible Philly searches out a low cost goalie at this deadline. The rest was mashed together. What better home for Ron Hextall version 2.0?

Also, I’m a complete moron - I know what position sanhiem plays but forgot when making the deal. My mind decided he was on the right for that moment in history. O well.

I’m unsure what goalie would fit the low cost title (who is also playing well). Obv there’s term with binnington, but when I look at the rest of the market, I don’t see the options.
Mar. 4 at 9:49 a.m.
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
I’m basing this off Elliot Friedman saying that it’s possible Philly searches out a low cost goalie at this deadline. The rest was mashed together. What better home for Ron Hextall version 2.0?

Also, I’m a complete moron - I know what position sanhiem plays but forgot when making the deal. O well.

I’m unsure what goalie would fit the low cost title (who is also playing well).

Oh your good, you ain’t a moron for not knowing every teams agenda. To me binnington just doesn’t fit that low cost, but it sure would be funny to watch him play under torts. They view sanheim as a righty but to me, with how our prospects seem to be falling, he’ll eventually shift back to left. I can’t see them breaking up a future pairing of York - drysdale (former teammmates and buddies off the ice) and shoving bonk to just third pair minutes.

When it comes a low cost goalie, I really only see Allen or a vladar fitting the bill based on term. But it’s fun to think about.
Mar. 4 at 10:09 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
No chance of Philly doing this, really overvaluing Binnington and a good 4th liner.
Mar. 4 at 10:14 a.m.
mokumboi
Who says Philly doesn't covet Bonk? Of course they do.
Mar. 4 at 10:31 a.m.
Edited Mar. 4 at 11:07 a.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
No chance of Philly doing this, really overvaluing Binnington and a good 4th liner.

I think I agree. If I could do it again the first round pick is not included.

Toropchenko is hard to value:

24, 6’6, ohl development, no injury history that I know of, by all measuring sticks has over achieved in every role so far, physical but doesn’t take dumb penalties, has hands. Back half of this season he’s getting 3rd line min (14 min a game). The next 5 years of his career should be the most productive, and he shouldn’t be a full time 4th liner - you’d like to see him on the third line and netfront of the second pp, moving up from there if he overachieves again.

I think this type of player is very very rarely traded, and when they are, it’s for more than expected. I just kinda tossed him in for funsies - a prospect that doesn’t need any development, so the loss of youth from the proposal is met with some youth in return. And also, binnington alone isn’t enough for an impactful return in my mind, so I added the best young thing that would be useful right now for Philly so stl could get a thing they need, then tried to balance the scale. Probably kept my finger on my side a little bit.
Mar. 4 at 8:24 p.m.
Quoting: CantStopWontStop

Also, I’m a complete moron - I know what position sanhiem plays but forgot when making the deal. My mind decided he was on the right for that moment in history. O well.

I’m unsure what goalie would fit the low cost title (who is also playing well). Obv there’s term with binnington, but when I look at the rest of the market, I don’t see the options.

So you read a report saying the Flyers might be interested in a "low cost" goalie and then you propose trading 2 1sts for a goalie?
Mar. 4 at 8:44 p.m.
Edited Mar. 4 at 8:58 p.m.
Quoting: Tripod6
So you read a report saying the Flyers might be interested in a "low cost" goalie and then you propose trading 2 1sts for a goalie?

Well. Yeah. Lol. Not my best proposal.

The first up there is regrettable, can pretend it doesn’t exist. I’ve conceded that.

I’d suggest binnington alone has … modest value. Significantly cheaper than saros or Markstrom.

Then I selfishly picked what I wanted from Philly, and it costed more than a binnington. So I found something that made sense ontop of binnington. My opinion would be that toropchenkos current value is higher than a 1st, binningtons less than one.

Then tried to make the trade even.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll