28. Ottawa (via Boston)
29. Calgary (via Vancouver)
30. NY Rangers
31. Montreal (via Winnipeg)
32. Philadelphia (via Florida)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
Macklin Celebrini
This selection is clear. Chicago shouldn't be overthinking this one here, Celebrini has become a lock for 1st overall.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
Artyom Levshunov
RD is a clear need for the Sharks, the pick here is Levshunov. He's fallen off on my rankings lately because of his over aggressiveness without the puck but other than that he's a reliable offensive minded defenseman. Has similarities to Hampus Lindholm.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
Ivan Demidov
I wasn't too sure where to go with this Ducks pick, so I settled on BPA. Demidov arguably has the highest ceiling in the draft but more risk than Celebrini. Demidov is an Ehlers type player, speedy playmaker with insane vision.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
Cole Eiserman
I have Eiserman ranked higher than most mocks solely based off goal production. Yes, he does need to develop the rest of his game but we all saw how high Laine went in his draft year. Here the Blue Jackets get a similar breed of player: pure goal-scorer with insane offensive skills. Just needs to commit to playing defensive hockey and improve on his skating.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Anton Silayev
Given the Simashev and Lamoureux picks, its clear that Arizona is trying to build a tall and gritty d core for the future. Silayev is tall at 6'7" and is speedy. Those two traits alone should make him an early selection on draft day.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Cayden Lindstrom
If Montreal goes the usual unexpected route, the pick will be Liam Greentree. But if Lindstrom is sitting on the board, then its a hard pass. Like Silayev, Lindstrom does have the combo of size and speed. Pure power forward with a really good two-way game, comparable to Roope Hintz.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
Zeev Buium
The kid I compare most to Kris Letang will be the one going to Ottawa. The Sens need D help more than anything and Buium is the best D available.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Sam Dickinson
Like the Senators, the Sabres also need D help, so they grab the giant Dickinson. Tall, dynamic defensively, and can skate well. Not so dynamic offensively outside his shot. More of a Noah Hanifin type player.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
Carter Yakemchuk
Some may call this a reach but I value Yakemchuk very high on my rankings, he's tenth on my boards. He's mainly an offensive defenseman but isn't afraid to lay the body and stopping opposition rushes and breakout. But quite the opposite to Dickinson, Yakemchuk has dynamic offensive instincts, from his shot, skating, and passing.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Tij Iginla
First real reach of the draft as I have Iginla at 15th on my board. This is a guy that I see the Flames taking, given that this is the son of legend Jarome Iginla. Tij doesn't play exactly like his father, he's more of a Blake Coleman type player. Two-way forward, booming shot, speedy. Though Iginla isn't agile, his skating needs slight adjustment.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
Trevor Connelly
Islanders get the steal of the draft in Connelly. Some may think this is still very high, but I believe Connelly is a top 5 player in this draft. By far the best skater in the draft and he can do everything offensively. Ranked fifth on my board, to have this electrifying kid fall to 11th is a win-win situation for the low scoring Islanders.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
Zayne Parekh
Defensive inconsistences is what makes Parekh fall to 18th on my draft board, but no later than 12th in my mock. Parekh is a pure offensive defenseman and the best puck mover in the draft. The Wild are a team that has more forwards than defenders in their prospect pool, and Parekh is the best D available.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
Michael Brandsegg Nygard
The Devils will go one of two ways with this pick: defensive defenseman or big bodied winger. MBN is a skilled power forward with size and offensive smarts that the Devils would love. Brady Tkachuk type player: high energy, shooter, and physical.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
Adam Jiricek
The Blues have done a nice job of stockpiling on forwards, they don't really have many defenders outside of Lindstein. Draft Jiricek and the Blues have a pairing that can defend all zones.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
Berkly Catton
The Sharks after drafting a true blue chip prospect in Levshunov get another blue chip in Catton. This is a steal (not as big as Connelly), Catton falls due to team needs and GMs favoring size over skating. Catton is an undersized all-around center that is extremely skilled and can drive his own line. Projects as the understudy to Will Smith.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
Konsta Helenius
This is the perfect pick for the Capitals. They had a fantastic draft last year, and their good draft luck continues here with drafting Helenius. Another steal here, Helenius just falls due to team needs only. Lafreniere type player: inconsistent, but is skilled and can be beneficial defensively.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
Kamil Bednarik
A reach here, but Bednarik is underrated. Currently the Predators have a first line of Kemell-Wood-??? You need a playmaker there, Bednarik is such a wizard with the puck.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
Liam Greentree
The Flyers just traded a true power forward in Gauthier, here they get a similar player in Greentree. Though Greentree does play a game similar to Slafkovsky, sandpaper-like winger with a booming shot, insane playmaking, and a benefit on the forecheck. Greentree does need to work on his skating and effort defensively, but other than those two gripes, he should be a great pickup for the Flyers.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
Tanner Howe
Biggest reach of the draft. And its NOT because of the whole Bedard-Howe connection. Howe in particular once had the pedigree of being a top 10 player in the draft coming into the season. He's ranked at 32nd on my board, but its not like he's bad, he's actually quite good. Even without Bedard, Howe hasn't looked back in terms of production, he's been dominant. Also he's such a Chicago-type player, I see a lot of Patrick Kane in him.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
Igor Chernyshov
The Kings have quite a bit of young talent, so I could see them trading this pick. But I don't have trades enabled in this mock, so I have them going for the one positional need that they are missing: a left winger. Byfield is there, but behind him there's not much. Chernyshov has a lot of upside, he will give the Kings much need stability in that position.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
Charlie Elick
The Red Wings love players from the WHL and Sweden. There aren't many Swedish players available this year, but Elick is the best WHL player available by far. He also plays with prospect Danielson, so it works in the end.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
Michael Hage
I don't really see this pick mattering too much because Vegas tends to trade away their first round prospects often. But Hage feels like a Golden Knight, I see a lot of Jack Eichel in him.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
Cole Hutson
The Oilers have struggled defensively over the years, I think drafting Hutson would be nice. Offensive inconsistency is what is taking a toll on Hutson's stock, but he's the best defender available.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
Emil Hemming
Colorado is a deep team, they go BPA. Hemming is a steal at this spot, I have him ranked at 17th on my big board.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Dean Letourneau
Every year there's one or two high school players taken around this area, Letourneau is the best high schooler in the draft. The Hurricanes hit on Nadeau last year, here they grab a similar tier player in Letourneau.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
Colton Roberts
Toronto is in a similar situation as last year: they don't have many picks. I see them doing the same route as last year, picking a guy that is on no one's radar. Everyone called Toronto crazy after drafting Cowan, now he's turned into Toronto's best prospect. This year they are drafting Roberts. He's a defender which Toronto could use more of. Who knows, maybe he will turn out to be something.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
Nikita Artamonov
Originally I had the Stars picking Shuravin, but I did see a Stars fan post that he would take Artamonov. So here you go. Artamonov is all about offense, the teammate of Silayev has a lot of Fabian Zetterlund qualities. Just needs to work on his skating, but this is high upside at 27th.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
Henry Mews
I have a couple of defenders ranked higher than Mews, but he feels like a Senators-type player. He currently plays in their backyard, and I see a lot of Erik Karlsson in him. They also have Tyler Boucher on the 67's, you name it, there's too many reasons why Mews should be the pick here.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
Matvei Shuravin
With their second pick, Calgary will address their defensive core, something that will for sure need to be addressed given that Tanev is gone and Hanifin will be traded in the coming days. Shuravin is a steal here.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
Terik Parascak
I feel like I've projected this pick once or twice on here before. Parascak reminds me of Gabe Perreault of last year's draft, highly productive playmaker.
31Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Florida Panthers
Bennett Sennecke
Montreal grabs BPA, simple as that.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Aron Kiviharju
I don't see any scenario where Kiviharju slips out of the first round. The Flyers should pick him, he could end up being the steal of the draft.
Mar. 6 at 8:31 a.m.
Fall River Habs
If Catton falls outside the top 10 I would hope Montreal does everything possible to move up in the draft and select him. Take the Winnipeg pick + a young defenceman and another prospect to get him.

Catton + Dach + Lindstrom could be a great 2nd line for Montreal for a long time in my opinion.
Mar. 6 at 10:36 a.m.
Rebuilding
Quoting: KentMcNally
If Catton falls outside the top 10 I would hope Montreal does everything possible to move up in the draft and select him. Take the Winnipeg pick + a young defenceman and another prospect to get him.

Catton + Dach + Lindstrom could be a great 2nd line for Montreal for a long time in my opinion.

MTL don't have the assets to move up in the draft. They don't have their 2024 2nd round pick
WPG 1st + (Harris or Struble) + COL 2nd round pick isn't enough to move up from 26th-28th ish to 10-14th ish
Mar. 6 at 10:46 a.m.
Rebuilding
If MTL ends up with Cayden Lindstrom it would be amazing
I don't believe a team will pass on him, especially for Cole Eiserman, but I would JUMP from my sit if we draft Lindstrom
Mar. 6 at 11:02 a.m.
Darkblade
Quoting: Habs_22_14_20
MTL don't have the assets to move up in the draft. They don't have their 2024 2nd round pick
WPG 1st + (Harris or Struble) + COL 2nd round pick isn't enough to move up from 26th-28th ish to 10-14th ish

we have our 2nd in 2025, which would be 2 to 3 more years away compared to Catton if he ever were available at 10-14 range
Mar. 6 at 11:04 a.m.
Rebuilding
Quoting: AlakHul
we have our 2nd in 2025, which would be 2 to 3 more years away compared to Catton if he ever were available at 10-14 range

Why would a team want a 2025 2nd round pick tho ... It's means 2-3 more years away for them as well
Mar. 6 at 11:06 a.m.
Darkblade
Quoting: Habs_22_14_20
Why would a team want a 2025 2nd round pick tho ... It's means 2-3 more years away for them as well

because they could trade that pick to upgrade somewhere else, a high 2nd pick is worth more or less a 1st rounder in the 28-32 range
Mar. 6 at 11:10 a.m.
Rebuilding
Quoting: AlakHul
because they could trade that pick to upgrade somewhere else, a high 2nd pick is worth more or less a 1st rounder in the 28-32 range

It's not a sure thing that 2nd round pick will be high, hockey is strange sometimes
Everyone thought CAR had PHI early 2nd round pick, right now that 2nd isn't that early
Mar. 6 at 1:00 p.m.
mokumboi
If Dickinson actually drops to 8th, that creeping ostinato cello you hear is Doug Armstrong circling with a trade up offer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll