SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Possible goalie solution NJ

Created by: Element23VM
Published: Mar. 14 at 12:35 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 42/192 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Nashville PredatorsNashville Predators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Askarov, YaroslavWaivers ExemptNashville PredatorsMinor-$0011-------1.480.943
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Nashville PredatorsNSH)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Schmid, AkiraWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsMinor-$0011-------3.150.895
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$6,257,43324487241010
Change$0000100
Final$6,257,4332448725 (↑)1010000

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Schmid, AkiraWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsMinor-$0011-------3.150.895
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
2024 3rd round pick (Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWPG)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Askarov, YaroslavWaivers ExemptNashville PredatorsMinor-$0011-------1.480.943
2024 2nd round pick (Logo of the Nashville PredatorsNSH)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,253,3342446663611
Change$0000-100
Final$10,253,3342446662 (↓)611000
Mar. 14 at 12:43 p.m.
Nashville declines. Nothing in this package is worth giving up a future starter in net. Even if Askarov never reaches his ceiling, his floor is a starter. You'd have to send something that's hard to turn down to get him out of Nashville
gmgb, mokumboi, Just_A_Guess and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 14 at 1:08 p.m.
Value aside, it doesn't make sense for NSH to trade Askarov for futures. Why extend the length of the rebuild/retool, by trading your top prospect for picks that will take years longer to contribute than someone who's on the cusp of doing that now?

When it comes to trading a goalie, NSH can either move Askarov for immediate help and re-signs Saros, or trade Saros for youth/futures that can grow and flourish on the same timeline as Askarov (the more likely scenario, IMO).
mokumboi, Just_A_Guess, penguinswin and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 14 at 1:23 p.m.
mokumboi
Edited Mar. 14 at 1:44 p.m.
Gonna need to do way better than that, and probably not a draft pick heavy package, either.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Mar. 14 at 1:28 p.m.
You send us a center prospect with as much, pedigree, promise, and skill as Askarov currently carries as our future franchise goalie and I'm sure a deal can be worked out.
Mar. 14 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: Just_A_Guess
You send us a center prospect with as much, pedigree, promise, and skill as Askarov currently carries as our future franchise goalie and I'm sure a deal can be worked out.

It'd have to be Mercer. My pre-deadline proposal of Novak and Askarov for Mercer, Daws and a 4th no longer stands as Novak was re-signed, but I still think it would be Mercer.
Just_A_Guess liked this.
Mar. 14 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: Just_A_Guess

Well Chase Stillman is about all they have in that department and I don't see that moving the needle.... what say you?
Mar. 14 at 2:22 p.m.
Quoting: Augustus
It'd have to be Mercer. My pre-deadline proposal of Novak and Askarov for Mercer, Daws and a 4th no longer stands as Novak was re-signed, but I still think it would be Mercer.

Daws would be the ask, but I doubt NJD think as highly of Askarov as they do Daws....is Daws considered a "prospect" still??
Mar. 14 at 2:38 p.m.
Quoting: penguinswin
Daws would be the ask, but I doubt NJD think as highly of Askarov as they do Daws....is Daws considered a "prospect" still??

I'm sorry - you think Daws would be more valued than Askarov? Wild.
Mar. 14 at 2:56 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb

You could not have read that more incorrectly. You must think Dawson Mercer isn't worth very much.

Classic better player/lesser goalie for better goalie/lesser player. And yes, I consider Mercer's ceiling to be much higher than Novak's.

Oops, sorry, edit, wasn't responding to mine lol. I need to read better.
Mar. 14 at 4:18 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb

You could not have read that more incorrectly. You must think Dawson Mercer isn't worth very much.

Classic better player/lesser goalie for better goalie/lesser player. And yes, I consider Mercer's ceiling to be much higher than Novak's.

Oops, sorry, edit, wasn't responding to mine lol. I need to read better.

Sorry; in my head I meant Dawson Mercer, not Nico Daws... my bad
Mar. 14 at 6:46 p.m.
To think that Nashville is going to get a lot more than this for Askarov at this point is going to surprise a few people should he get moved.

It doesn't make sense for Nashville to keep both goaltenders but they're in no hurry, so some of you are correct in that you have to be enticed... that's true.

What, however, is not calculated, is how many other targets there are that drives down your price, and you want to sell when the selling is good. This is what NJ would offer and not more than this. They're going to make the rounds until they get the right goalie *at the right price*
Mar. 14 at 7:37 p.m.

I would be very enticed to work out a deal based around Askarov & Mercer. Could rework your proposal with Glass instead of Novak and adjust accordingly.
Mar. 14 at 7:38 p.m.
Quoting: penguinswin
Well Chase Stillman is about all they have in that department and I don't see that moving the needle.... what say you?

You would be correct, I can't see that moving the needle either.
penguinswin liked this.
Mar. 15 at 1:40 p.m.
Edited Mar. 15 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: Element23VM
To think that Nashville is going to get a lot more than this for Askarov at this point is going to surprise a few people should he get moved.

It doesn't make sense for Nashville to keep both goaltenders but they're in no hurry, so some of you are correct in that you have to be enticed... that's true.

What, however, is not calculated, is how many other targets there are that drives down your price, and you want to sell when the selling is good. This is what NJ would offer and not more than this. They're going to make the rounds until they get the right goalie *at the right price*

I understand your thinking on the first two points to a degree. Where I think you're wrong is the number of targets available driving down his price. There are no targets like Askarov. The guys you're talking about are older and declining. Askarov has his whole career in front of him and the only good comparable would be Wallstedt. His price is what it is because if he's available he's a unicorn. Fitzy has his price he wants to pay and that's fine. Trotz has his and he won't budge. We have something NJ wants and Trotz isn't going to cave because he's selling something that doesn't have to be sold and he has the bargaining power.
Mar. 16 at 7:00 a.m.
Edited Mar. 16 at 6:51 p.m.
Hey in a weird world, maybe Allen turns into a wicked goaltender for the rest of the season.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll