SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Is this enough for Raymond

Created by: Julius_Freezer
Published: Mar. 18 at 11:44 p.m.
Salary Cap: $87,500,000
Season Days: 31/192 (16%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Raymond, LucasDetroit Red WingsNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Podkolzin, VasilyWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksNHL-$0011---0000--
Räty, AatuWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksMinor-$0011---0000--
Truscott, JacobVancouver CanucksReserve List-$0001---------
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---100------
2026 1st round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$28,867,3601326773613
Change$0012200
Final$28,867,3601327 (↑)79 (↑)5 (↑)613000

Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Podkolzin, VasilyWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksNHL-$0011---0000--
Räty, AatuWaivers ExemptVancouver CanucksMinor-$0011---0000--
Truscott, JacobVancouver CanucksReserve List-$0001---------
2025 1st round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---100------
2026 1st round pick (Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVAN)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Raymond, LucasDetroit Red WingsNHL-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$25,528,3331330663411
Change$00-1-2-200
Final$25,528,3331329 (↓)64 (↓)1 (↓)411000
Mar. 19 at 3:08 a.m.
I think you would need to move mountains to get Detroit to part with Raymond. I'm curious if Wings fans think that two 1st round picks, former 10th OA selection Podkolzin, 2nd round pick Raty, and 5th rounder Truscott (seen him in prior proposals also, is there something about this guy that makes him better than a 5th round pick?) is enough to get the conversation started, or further.
aedoran and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Mar. 19 at 6:16 a.m.
Quoting: Augustus
I think you would need to move mountains to get Detroit to part with Raymond. I'm curious if Wings fans think that two 1st round picks, former 10th OA selection Podkolzin, 2nd round pick Raty, and 5th rounder Truscott (seen him in prior proposals also, is there something about this guy that makes him better than a 5th round pick?) is enough to get the conversation started, or further.

Podkolzin was drafted 10th OA in the draft before Raymond but his current value isn't anywhere near that now. Honestly Raty probably develops into a bottom 6 winger. I have the same question about Truscott and what I've found is he's basically a 5th round pick nothing special. It will probably take a couple of seasons before you can say he will or won't make the NHL. But he is an LHD a position Detroit doesn't need they have 3 - 4 players in the AHL ahead of him and 2 prospects ahead of him. The most likely reason he was added to the trade is because he just finished his senior season at Michigan so come Aug 15th he can sign with who ever he wants. With those 2 1st rd picks they are for the 2 drafts after the next and more than likely mid to end of the round. This may look like a lot but when you break it down the quality isn't there for a player like Raymond. Vancouver has 3 forwards with more points than Raymond. Since Larkin got hurt and Detroit has pretty much fallen apart Raymond has stepped up big time with 5 goals and an assist in his last 4 games. Yzerman doesn't even consider this.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Mar. 19 at 10:57 a.m.
Canucks sorta homer
I don't think either teams do this. Canucks don't want to spend that much, even if they get an elite winger.

I could see them paying less for a top 6 winger though.
Mar. 19 at 1:42 p.m.
Quoting: Hitagi_Senpai
I don't think either teams do this. Canucks don't want to spend that much, even if they get an elite winger.

I could see them paying less for a top 6 winger though.

I can see Alvin doing this, Raymond is very likely gonna be better than any player VAN can get with those picks and he's a young Swede, Alvin's favorite thing, He'd also become Petey's winger for the foreseeable future, if the opportunity to get someone like that came up you don't hesitate to do it. I think DET probably needs more but that's why I was asking if this was enough.
Mar. 19 at 10:16 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: Julius_Freezer
I can see Alvin doing this, Raymond is very likely gonna be better than any player VAN can get with those picks and he's a young Swede, Alvin's favorite thing, He'd also become Petey's winger for the foreseeable future, if the opportunity to get someone like that came up you don't hesitate to do it. I think DET probably needs more but that's why I was asking if this was enough.

Makes no sense for a team lacking young, elite talent (Detroit) to get rid of one of their few young elite pieces for, comparatively, mid stuff.
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 19 at 10:57 p.m.
Raymond started the year immediately looking like he had taken a major step over the offseason and has progressively gotten better as the year goes on.

The last handful of games though, he's shown potential as an elite top line winger that takes over and imposes his will when he wants to. Can he keep that up? Dunno. But Detroit sure as hell ain't trading a potential elite offensive player that they sorely lack.
Mar. 20 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Makes no sense for a team lacking young, elite talent (Detroit) to get rid of one of their few young elite pieces for, comparatively, mid stuff.

Quoting: FriendlyGhost
Raymond started the year immediately looking like he had taken a major step over the offseason and has progressively gotten better as the year goes on.

The last handful of games though, he's shown potential as an elite top line winger that takes over and imposes his will when he wants to. Can he keep that up? Dunno. But Detroit sure as hell ain't trading a potential elite offensive player that they sorely lack.

It's a garbage offer Allvin isn't stupid enough to offer this for Raymond, he'd get laughed out if the league!
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll