$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Celebrini, Maklin
$950,000$950,000
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 20 at 11:13 a.m.
Quoting: Kyle_Davidson
I agree with you on much of this, but as an organizational philosophy I think the hawks are past “pulling the rug” out from under the team by trading our good pieces for future assets. To that end, I think I would rather have Kurashev here to help develop the younger players, like Bedard directly but also keeping a top 6 lineup spot away from Nazar/Moore etc until they earn it.

If you get a stupid offer for Kurashev you obviously have to take it, and you can supplement his loss in free agency, but if your options are to keep him for depth and maintaining a high level of compete/quality in the locker room vs a late first rounder and a couple of depth pieces I am keeping him all day.

For me to move Kurashev at this point it would take a Hagel /TJ (Tanner janananananannatl) package to do so. We have plenty of picks in the next couple of drafts, and you could argue with good health and production that Hall could net you a first rounder next trade deadline.

I guess I just don't feel like this would be "pulling the rug out", though. I think this is, and/or should be, expected. The current roster is almost entirely expendable, some less so than others, like Kurashev, but outside of Bedard, I don't believe we should be surprised by anyone being moved. I don't believe he is going to keep tearing things apart, but, until this team is out of the gutter and the players KD drafted are having an impact, everything should be on the table.
Mar. 20 at 11:15 a.m.
We already have 5 picks in the first two rounds this year, 4 next year, and 4 the year after. In this draft, the hawks second is almost certainly a late first at 2nd overall… trading Kurashev for a big package would make sense, but what need is that trade filling?

Well, we know KD likes to make draft day moves. He might have his eyes on packaging picks together to trade up, turning some of this quantity into quality. Or maybe he has is eyes some already established young players that project to price themselves out of their current club, that he wants to, again, package up some picks/prospects and acquire them.
Mar. 20 at 11:16 a.m.
There are lots of teams in "win now" mode, who simply won't give in to a rebuild (even when they should). As Hawks fans, we've experienced how hard it is to turn away from stars who've been so good and important for the team. I think it's entirely likely that the Hawks do get a "stupidly" good offer for Kurashev, for all the reasons that have been outlined here.

Great discussion, All; thx!
Mar. 20 at 11:23 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Quoting: Garak
I guess I just don't feel like this would be "pulling the rug out", though. I think this is, and/or should be, expected. The current roster is almost entirely expendable, some less so than others, like Kurashev, but outside of Bedard, I don't believe we should be surprised by anyone being moved. I don't believe he is going to keep tearing things apart, but, until this team is out of the gutter and the players KD drafted are having an impact, everything should be on the table.

I agree with what you are saying, but my impression is that you would trade Kurashev for what I consider to be a counterproductive package like picks and depth players. If Kurashev was included in a trade for a more significant asset say Zegras in ANA or even some other hockey trade? I am more than willing to rationalize the loss of him as a player in that context. With the hawks surplus of draft picks I believe it is more important to prioritize building a winning culture and good habits than it is to get a late first round pick. Everything should be on the table for sure, but that doesn't mean everything on the table should be for a bargain bin price.
Mar. 20 at 11:27 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Well, we know KD likes to make draft day moves. He might have his eyes on packaging picks together to trade up, turning some of this quantity into quality. Or maybe he has is eyes some already established young players that project to price themselves out of their current club, that he wants to, again, package up some picks/prospects and acquire them.

I think Kurashev as an asset would be more valuable in that context than the picks you might receive for him. Also. Kurashev IS a young and established player, so without specifc players and team situations it sounds like a redundant process to me. I get where you are coming from though.
Mar. 20 at 11:30 a.m.
Edited Mar. 20 at 12:51 p.m.

Yes. Five years from now - when the team is hopefully a SC contender again - who will still be on the roster, besides (hopefully) Bedard, Vlasic, KK, Reichel? Seth will be past his prime. Possibly Slaggert makes it if he works at it? Everyone else, though valuable now, will likely be gone.
Garak liked this.
Mar. 20 at 11:32 a.m.
Thanks, again, for this excellent discussion.

Cheers
Mar. 20 at 11:35 a.m.
I agree with what you are saying, but my impression is that you would trade Kurashev for what I consider to be a counterproductive package like picks and depth players. If Kurashev was included in a trade for a more significant asset say Zegras in ANA or even some other hockey trade? I am more than willing to rationalize the loss of him as a player in that context. With the hawks surplus of draft picks I believe it is more important to prioritize building a winning culture and good habits than it is to get a late first round pick. Everything should be on the table for sure, but that doesn't mean everything on the table should be for a bargain bin price.

Well... As I said in my original post, I would switch out the player portion of the trade with prospects CHI would actually have interest in. So, don't gloss over that. But, this is not a "bargain bin" price, imo. As far as market value goes, it is probably lacking a bit but is a fairly starting point offer for Kurashev. This would also be a move made sometime between the end of the season and the draft, with plenty of time before next season to address adding more players who can hang in the top 6. You aren't gonna get a Zegras for a Kurashev, because his market value is obviously much higher, nor would I want Zegras, because I just don't like his attitude and I think he is overrated. There are tons of players who can do cool tricks that never make in the NHL. That isn't what makes a good hockey player, imo.
LivingAnew liked this.
Mar. 20 at 11:47 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Well... As I said in my original post, I would switch out the player portion of the trade with prospects CHI would actually have interest in. So, don't gloss over that. But, this is not a "bargain bin" price, imo. As far as market value goes, it is probably lacking a bit but is a fairly starting point offer for Kurashev. This would also be a move made sometime between the end of the season and the draft, with plenty of time before next season to address adding more players who can hang in the top 6. You aren't gonna get a Zegras for a Kurashev, because his market value is obviously much higher, nor would I want Zegras, because I just don't like his attitude and I think he is overrated. There are tons of players who can do cool tricks that never make in the NHL. That isn't what makes a good hockey player, imo.

Zegras is a good player beyond his highlight goals, and I'm not sure what sort of attitude you are referring too. In any case, I just posted the kind of deals that I would see as proper moves for trading Kurashev. I am certain I will get flamed because Kurashev is not well know by other teams, but thats where im at with him.
LivingAnew liked this.
Mar. 20 at 4:42 p.m.
Tamarindo Costa Rica
Zegras is a good player beyond his highlight goals, and I'm not sure what sort of attitude you are referring too. In any case, I just posted the kind of deals that I would see as proper moves for trading Kurashev. I am certain I will get flamed because Kurashev is not well know by other teams, but thats where im at with him.[/quote

I enjoyed reading the different perspectives and wish more post would hold such discussions. I still having trouble understanding Kurashev value? I suspected a first and a third was a very good start a la Kirby Dach offer last season and added some value in RD Harris, kid has 120 games experience and a career minus 4 for a terrible Habs team. He would adequately replace Zaitsev or even Murphy with the upside of a 23yr old.
LivingAnew liked this.
Mar. 20 at 5:00 p.m.
Edited Mar. 20 at 6:27 p.m.
Quoting: blanche

Thanks for starting this thread. I enjoyed the back and forth, as well.

Just curious... Harris is a LD, correct? He may be able to play both sides, though?

I think your trade offer is fair and I'd likely accept it were I the Hawks. I think those that wouldn't, don't foresee any of the assets coming back to the Hawks as turning into the same or more than the player Kurashev already is - a young, versatile, actual NHLer who can play on any line; is 200-ft responsible; has hit his stride; and, whose AAV is low and cost-controlled going forward. He'd be most valuable for a cup-contending, cap-strapped team, IMO. And if the Hawks do "hawk" {;- ) him to those teams, he'll hold the most value in trade for the Hawks this year - prior to the draft. We'll see!

Thanks again. I learned a lot.

Cheers, LA

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll