Forums/Armchair-GM

Tougher and better defensively

Created by: Shaquille_Oatmeal
Team: 2024-25 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 20, 2024
Published: Mar. 21, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Making room for Edvinsson by trading away Määttä. Berggren replaces Fabbri in the lineup nicely.

Patrick Kane contract comp = Zuccarello
Find a steady RD to play on the 2nd pair✅ Matt Roy is also home from Detroit. Hakaanpää upgrade over Petry on the 3rd pair. He's really physical and plays a shutdown type game.

Red Wings needs toughness and ”crash the net” style players. Both Trenin & Joshua brings that to Detroit.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,500,000
8$7,850,000
2$2,100,000
2$1,100,000
2$850,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,125,000
2$1,225,000
5$5,875,000
2$2,625,000
1$2,050,000
2$1,850,000
1$875,000
Trades
DET
    Any team.
    CHI
    1. Fabbri, Robby
    Additional Details:
    With some salary retained there will be teams interested in Fabbri.
    DET
      Any team.
      CHI
      1. Määttä, Olli
      Additional Details:
      Probably looking at a minimal return, but more Cap space is needed and the blueline is crowded.
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DAL
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the NJD
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the BOS
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the STL
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      Logo of the DET
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      21$87,700,000$85,191,391$0$850,000$2,508,609
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
      $7,875,000$7,875,000
      LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $8,700,000$8,700,000
      C
      NTC
      UFA - 7
      $4,125,000$4,125,000
      RW
      UFA
      $3,200,000$3,200,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 4
      $5,100,000$5,100,000
      C, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      $7,850,000$7,850,000
      RW, LW
      RFA
      $2,625,000$2,625,000
      LW
      UFA
      $5,625,000$5,625,000
      C, LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $1,225,000$1,225,000
      RW, LW
      UFA
      $2,050,000$2,050,000
      LW, C
      UFA
      $2,100,000$2,100,000
      C
      RFA
      $1,100,000$1,100,000
      RW, LW
      RFA
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LD
      RFA - 2
      $8,500,000$8,500,000
      RD
      RFA
      $900,000$900,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      LD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $5,875,000$5,875,000
      RD
      UFA
      $875,000$875,000
      G
      UFA
      $4,750,000$4,750,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $1,850,000$1,850,000
      RD
      UFA
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $2,343,750$2,343,750
      RD
      M-NTC, NMC
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Mar. 21 at 4:03 p.m.
      Think the Raymond contract is pretty fair, but to me, the most optimistic Seider outlook is that they convince him to match Larkin's contract. If not, max term, you're probably looking at $9.5M - $10M for a fair deal, if not more if he wants to absolutely gouge us.

I think you're quite a bit off on Kane, though. He's a PPG player this year. He's probably gonna be looking for $6M+ on a 2-3 year deal. Think Pavelski.
      Shaquille_Oatmeal liked this.
      Mar. 21 at 5:32 p.m.
      Cool. But CHI is not even a remotely realistic destination for either player if you are looking for positive value. Find some other club to be your "any team".
      PaulKorea liked this.
      Mar. 21 at 5:49 p.m.
      Quoting: Garak
      Cool. But CHI is not even a remotely realistic destination for either player if you are looking for positive value. Find some other club to be your "any team".

They traded for Hall did they not? I am not saying there would be much positive value, but they are a destination nonetheless. Wholeheartedly believe they are looking to improve and not just suck. That team is consistently competing.

Also need to hit the cap floor lol.
      Mar. 21 at 6:25 p.m.
      Pop Pop
      Dumping deals costs assets so will yzerman do it
      Mar. 21 at 7:09 p.m.
      Quoting: pavelisgoat
      They traded for Hall did they not? I am not saying there would be much positive value, but they are a destination nonetheless. Wholeheartedly believe they are looking to improve and not just suck. That team is consistently competing.

Also need to hit the cap floor lol.

They are not looking to improve from outside. If you "wholeheartedly believe" that CHI is looking to improve, then you obviously haven't been paying attention to CHI at all. Kyle Davidson has stated that his approach to this rebuild is one that will take time and patience and that he is rebuilding this team through the draft.

Also, how could you possibly believe Fabbri or Maata make CHI better? AND, how could you possibly conflate the acquisiton of Hall, a former 1st overall pick and Hart trophy winner, with acquiring Fabbri or Maata? Fabbri hasn't even had a healthy season since his rookie year, in which he still missed 10 games.

Getting to the cap floor is not a question of 'if' but 'how'. They will get there no problem, though.
      Mar. 22 at 9:46 a.m.
      They are not looking to improve from outside. If you "wholeheartedly believe" that CHI is looking to improve, then you obviously haven't been paying attention to CHI at all. Kyle Davidson has stated that his approach to this rebuild is one that will take time and patience and that he is rebuilding this team through the draft.

Also, how could you possibly believe Fabbri or Maata make CHI better? AND, how could you possibly conflate the acquisiton of Hall, a former 1st overall pick and Hart trophy winner, with acquiring Fabbri or Maata? Fabbri hasn't even had a healthy season since his rookie year, in which he still missed 10 games.

Getting to the cap floor is not a question of 'if' but 'how'. They will get there no problem, though.

They will insulate their young players with some vets. Whether by trade or free agency. There is no question in my mind. Fabbri and Maata also easily make this team better and can be flipped at the deadline.

Sorry I did not realize that previous draft status had that much to do with whether the Blackhawks will like to acquire a player. I guess since Fabbri at 21 oa and Maata at 22 are too low for them, maybe they can get Nail Yakupov?

Lol I'm not saying these guys are as good as Hall. But I disagree completely with what you've said. We'll see in time I guess.
      Mar. 22 at 10:00 a.m.
      They will insulate their young players with some vets. Whether by trade or free agency. There is no question in my mind. Fabbri and Maata also easily make this team better and can be flipped at the deadline.

Sorry I did not realize that previous draft status had that much to do with whether the Blackhawks will like to acquire a player. I guess since Fabbri at 21 oa and Maata at 22 are too low for them, maybe they can get Nail Yakupov?

Lol I'm not saying these guys are as good as Hall. But I disagree completely with what you've said. We'll see in time I guess.

They literally brought him in AS A FORMER 1ST OVERALL PICK to be a mentor to Bedard (a 1st overall pick), just like he was brought in to mentor Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier, to help them handle the limelight of being a 1st overall pick in the NHL. CHI has literally come out and explained everything they are doing and why they are doing it, pretty much every step of the way. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

CHI will not be paying other teams for the privilege of helping them with their cap and roster issues all for the purpose of getting to the cap floor. They will just overpay a couple free agents on short term contracts, just like they have been doing the last two summers. And no, Fabbri and Maata wouldn't make CHI better. Putting "lol" before and after everything doesn't make you right, bud.

If you disagree with everything I have said, you are essentially admitting that you don't know anything about the Hawks and their rebuild. Which means you should probably stop speaking out of turn about things you don't understand and stick to speaking about the Redwings.
      Mar. 22 at 10:33 a.m.
      They literally brought him in AS A FORMER 1ST OVERALL PICK to be a mentor to Bedard (a 1st overall pick), just like he was brought in to mentor Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier, to help them handle the limelight of being a 1st overall pick in the NHL. CHI has literally come out and explained everything they are doing and why they are doing it, pretty much every step of the way. It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

CHI will not be paying other teams for the privilege of helping them with their cap and roster issues all for the purpose of getting to the cap floor. They will just overpay a couple free agents on short term contracts, just like they have been doing the last two summers. And no, Fabbri and Maata wouldn't make CHI better. Putting "lol" before and after everything doesn't make you right, bud.

If you disagree with everything I have said, you are essentially admitting that you don't know anything about the Hawks and their rebuild. Which means you should probably stop speaking out of turn about things you don't understand and stick to speaking about the Redwings.

You're really one of these guys?

I said lol in front of ONE thing. And I said it bc I thought it was funny that I had to even say I do not think these guys are as good as Hall. That shouldn't have been difficult to grasp but I'll leave humour out of it.

About 'paying teams for the privilege' save it. There is no trade comp in here nor am I suggesting there would be much if any. I said and I'm sticking to it, that they could be a destination for them or similar players. For reasons I stater and the fact they have 1 year left and can be flipped. It is getting a decent player for nothing or close to it that can insulate the young players, make them more competitive, reach the cap floor, and be flipped.

I said this on the Kuznetsov deal and I'll say it again. Sometimes people on this site are just so out of touch with reality. Stuck behind a screen on a numbers game while gms are about a roster building game.

And just like putting lol in front of things doesn't make someone right, stating that you are right also doesn't make you right.

Maybe they acquire some guys by free agency, maybe by trade, but either way they will add.
      Mar. 22 at 11:07 a.m.
      Edited Mar. 22 at 11:15 a.m.
      You're really one of these guys?

I said lol in front of ONE thing. And I said it bc I thought it was funny that I had to even say I do not think these guys are as good as Hall. That shouldn't have been difficult to grasp but I'll leave humour out of it.

About 'paying teams for the privilege' save it. There is no trade comp in here nor am I suggesting there would be much if any. I said and I'm sticking to it, that they could be a destination for them or similar players. For reasons I stater and the fact they have 1 year left and can be flipped. It is getting a decent player for nothing or close to it that can insulate the young players, make them more competitive, reach the cap floor, and be flipped.

I said this on the Kuznetsov deal and I'll say it again. Sometimes people on this site are just so out of touch with reality. Stuck behind a screen on a numbers game while gms are about a roster building game.

And just like putting lol in front of things doesn't make someone right, stating that you are right also doesn't make you right.

Maybe they acquire some guys by free agency, maybe by trade, but either way they will add.

Sure, bud... I'M one of those guys...
      Mar. 23 at 4:32 a.m.

Maybe not Määttä, but Kyle Davidson traded for Anthony Beauvillier who is worse than Fabbri. Similar Cap hit than Fabbri, No salary retained either. So saying that it's not even a remotely realistic destination is kinda weird. Buy low and sell high at the next Deadlinewink
      Mar. 23 at 7:26 a.m.
      Quoting: Shaquille_Oatmeal
      Maybe not Määttä, but Kyle Davidson traded for Anthony Beauvillier who is worse than Fabbri. Similar Cap hit than Fabbri, No salary retained either. So saying that it's not even a remotely realistic destination is kinda weird. Buy low and sell high at the next Deadlinewink

Kyle Davidson traded for Beauvillier because we had a massive amount of injuries and couldn't play an NHL roster full of AHL talent. He wouldn't have ever targeted Beau if he didn't desperately need bodies. There was a clear reason for that transaction. There is no clear reason for trading for Fabbri, at this time. It's only weird if you take it out of context. You think "CHI helped VAN out by taking their cap dump for nothing. So they should help us, too." Right? But that would be wrong. There needs to be intent and necessity first. This summer there will be plenty of better free agent options, along with a lot of potential cap dump options where we could actually bring assets in to take on contracts for teams that require cap space. Which, even with the big raise in cap this year, is already showing, for a lot of teams, that it will be eaten up quickly.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll