Forums/Armchair-GM

LAK money

Created by: dgibb10
Team: 2024-25 Los Angeles Kings
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 22, 2024
Published: Mar. 22, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
1 mill in overages to talbot, 800k to byfield.

What is the plan to fill out the rest of the roster if byfield gets the huge contract?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$8,000,000
Retained Salary Transactions
Termination Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
15$85,700,000$76,450,833$1,850,000$140,000$9,249,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LW, C
RFA
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$875,000$875,000
RW
RFA - 1
$4,200,000$4,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,875,000$5,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD
UFA - 7
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2
$845,000$845,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C
RFA - 2
$805,833$805,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 22 at 2:57 p.m.
Curious to see what is going to happen with Byfield’s contract. Even if you guy minimum goalies, I don’t think you are going to have enough to sign Byfield to an 8 year contract and keep Matt Roy.
Mar. 22 at 3:09 p.m.
Quoting: Celtics21
Curious to see what is going to happen with Byfield’s contract. Even if you guy minimum goalies, I don’t think you are going to have enough to sign Byfield to an 8 year contract and keep Matt Roy.

I think Matt Roy is as good as gone unless he takes a nice discount. Spence and Clarke should be able to cover those spots.
Mar. 22 at 3:10 p.m.
****emo, Turcotte, Spence, Thomas will sign league minimums to play in the NHL. Let Grundstrom and Lizotte walk unless they take discounts. Sign Jeff Carter or Trevor Lewis at minimums if the Kings need vets.

From a goaltending perspective I think Stolarz or Brossoit would take under $3M to take a stab at starting. Offer Rittich $1.6M x 2. As long as goaltending is around $4M there is other areas the Kings can address.

With Roy gone, LA can have their seven defensemen ready with the signing of Spence.

Sign someone hunting a cup like Kane or Wheeler at a minimum for bolstered scoring to replace Arvidsson.
Mar. 22 at 3:14 p.m.
Mac1010
Quoting: tryger
****emo, Turcotte, Spence, Thomas will sign league minimums to play in the NHL. Let Grundstrom and Lizotte walk unless they take discounts. Sign Jeff Carter or Trevor Lewis at minimums if the Kings need vets.

From a goaltending perspective I think Stolarz or Brossoit would take under $3M to take a stab at starting. Offer Rittich $1.6M x 2. As long as goaltending is around $4M there is other areas the Kings can address.

With Roy gone, LA can have their seven defensemen ready with the signing of Spence.

Sign someone hunting a cup like Kane or Wheeler at a minimum for bolstered scoring to replace Arvidsson.

if that all your moves are above I dont think kane or Wheeler will even look at this team. you are in a tough spot not many options. I think the PLD trade really handcuffed this team.
Mar. 22 at 3:18 p.m.
Quoting: mm1010
if that all your moves are above I dont think kane or Wheeler will even look at this team. you are in a tough spot not many options. I think the PLD trade really handcuffed this team.

I think if LA makes it out of the first round, they become a destination. Wheeler played a lot with PLD, so that wouldn't surprise me.
Mar. 22 at 3:20 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

I think LAK is dangerously at risk to losing a few of those yet to breakout rookies to offer sheets if other GMs had any balls. I'd love to see NJD take a stab at turcotte in the 2-3 mill AAV range, either via trade or offer sheet.

8 mill on byfield, 4 mill on goalies leaves you 9.5 mill to fill out the rest of the roster of 9 guys.

That's 2D,3 scratches,and 4 forwards.
Mar. 22 at 3:21 p.m.
Mac1010
I think if LA makes it out of the first round, they become a destination. Wheeler played a lot with PLD, so that wouldn't surprise me.

still not sold on that especially with the pieces you will be losing. From what I heard of the jets PLD was not a teammate Favorite far from it. not sure he will have the pull your hoping. also wheeler looks pretty happy in NY and will most likely stayput
Mar. 22 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
I think LAK is dangerously at risk to losing a few of those yet to breakout rookies to offer sheets if other GMs had any balls. I'd love to see NJD take a stab at turcotte in the 2-3 mill AAV range, either via trade or offer sheet.

8 mill on byfield, 4 mill on goalies leaves you 9.5 mill to fill out the rest of the roster of 9 guys.

Eh Turcotte is going to stick with LA, making a $2M offer that LA matches would make it so that LA wouldn't trade with you for a few years and opens yourself to similar. People had the chance to take Thomas and ****emo, I think they make the team next season.

Also, who knows what LA does, no one expected the PLD trade last season.
Mar. 22 at 3:43 p.m.
still not sold on that especially with the pieces you will be losing. From what I heard of the jets PLD was not a teammate Favorite far from it. not sure he will have the pull your hoping. also wheeler looks pretty happy in NY and will most likely stayput

That's not true, PLD was actually well-liked in the Jets locker room. I think people just think of him as this super toxic player but the reality is his style looks a bit lazy and he lacks defensive prowess which is really tough for a center in LA, where the system is defense based. There was no reports that he was tearing up the Jets locker room or that he was disliked.
Mar. 22 at 3:44 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Eh Turcotte is going to stick with LA, making a $2M offer that LA matches would make it so that LA wouldn't trade with you for a few years and opens yourself to similar. People had the chance to take Thomas and ****emo, I think they make the team next season.

Also, who knows what LA does, no one expected the PLD trade last season.

Realistically offer sheets aren't gonna happen for that reason. But I'd certainly be sending trade offers for Turcotte, especially if he's being a bit tough in contract negotiations where every penny counts to the kings. I wouldn't take less than 1.5-2 if I were turcotte, but who knows
Mar. 22 at 3:46 p.m.
Realistically offer sheets aren't gonna happen for that reason. But I'd certainly be sending trade offers for Turcotte, especially if he's being a bit tough in contract negotiations where every penny counts to the kings. I wouldn't take less than 1.5-2 if I were turcotte, but who knows

Dance with the one who took you there, Turcotte has had several injury issues and LA has not pressured him into lineups. I think he'll be given Lizotte's role next season, and the potential to play on other lines. He's spent time on the top line this season, so I think he sees that LA has a place for him.
Mar. 22 at 3:48 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Dance with the one who took you there, Turcotte has had several injury issues and LA has not pressured him into lineups. I think he'll be given Lizotte's role next season, and the potential to play on other lines. He's spent time on the top line this season, so I think he sees that LA has a place for him.

Lizotte available then potentially? NJD should also have him as a target imo. What approximately would he cost in a trade?
Mar. 22 at 3:49 p.m.
Lizotte available then potentially? NJD should also have him as a target imo. What approximately would he cost in a trade?

Not sure, but they want size on the bottom-6. I think they move on from him because he is due a raise, unless he takes some stupid friendly deal for LA.
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 22 at 3:51 p.m.
Mac1010
That's not true, PLD was actually well-liked in the Jets locker room. I think people just think of him as this super toxic player but the reality is his style looks a bit lazy and he lacks defensive prowess which is really tough for a center in LA, where the system is defense based. There was no reports that he was tearing up the Jets locker room or that he was disliked.

Just what i heard. Iknow people who work around the team. I will go with their judgement.
Mar. 22 at 3:52 p.m.

It should be noted, that it's more likely Byfield takes a bridge contract to maximize his payday in two years when Kopi falls off the books.
Mar. 22 at 3:53 p.m.
Just what i heard. Iknow people who work around the team. I will go with their judgement.

I listened to the jets beat writer after PLD was traded, he indicated he had a great relationship with everyone on the team. I suppose it's possible, but conjecture isn't really solid reasoning.
Mar. 22 at 3:54 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
It should be noted, that it's more likely Byfield takes a bridge contract to maximize his payday in two years when Kopi falls off the books.

Would the kings take that long term risk for the short term payoff??

And would byfield risk that long term security?
Mar. 22 at 3:55 p.m.
Mac1010
I listened to the jets beat writer after PLD was traded, he indicated he had a great relationship with everyone on the team. I suppose it's possible, but conjecture isn't really solid reasoning.

there is usually a note of truth to it though.
Mar. 22 at 3:59 p.m.
Would the kings take that long term risk for the short term payoff??

And would byfield risk that long term security?

I think the Kings would extend Byfield during the bridge. They'd match anything anyone would put out there. It's more that you have an opportunity to really go for a run with Kopitar if Byfield takes a bridge. I don't think it's smart but Blake is committed to Kopitar and Doughty having a cup potential team.
dgibb10 liked this.
Mar. 22 at 4:00 p.m.
there is usually a note of truth to it though.

Eh, I think you never hear good things from a team or a fanbase when a player leaves because they want to play elsewhere (and he wasn't the only one).
Mar. 22 at 4:01 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I think the Kings would extend Byfield during the bridge. They'd match anything anyone would put out there. It's more that you have an opportunity to really go for a run with Kopitar if Byfield takes a bridge. I don't think it's smart but Blake is committed to Kopitar and Doughty having a cup potential team.

Fair enough. How much do you think a bridge would be?
Mar. 22 at 4:05 p.m.
Fair enough. How much do you think a bridge would be?

$4-6Mx2 makes sense, you could sign Roy, you could bolster goaltending, you could get a top-6 forward.
Mar. 22 at 4:07 p.m.
Mac1010
Eh, I think you never hear good things from a team or a fanbase when a player leaves because they want to play elsewhere (and he wasn't the only one).

this is while he was there not after.

Just like his former coach in LA and current team mate doughty called him out to the media. Doughty didnt name names but everyone knew who he was talking about. Can tell you doughty wont forget that and will always be on edge with it.
Mar. 22 at 4:09 p.m.

You don't have the correct salary cap in this agm
Mar. 22 at 4:10 p.m.

Why would turcotte get anything above his qo? He stinks

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll