SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 6 - Nearly Playoffs

Apr. 16 at 9:34 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Nice to see Keefe is already back in playoff form. Gets outshot by 32(!!!) and fails to make the proper adjustments. Absolutely caved in, absolutely unforgivable. The lineup tonight isnt a major departure from our usual group of guys, so what the hell is going so wrong? I get the officiating has been questionable, but thats hardly an excuse. Pathetic from the Leafs, Florida is just grinding us to dust

Come on... What adjustments is he supposed to make mid-game to prevent that? The players are getting their show run
Apr. 16 at 9:37 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Might sound ridiculous (and it probably is), but I kind of what to face Boston in the playoffs. Destroy the narrative and finally defeat our biggest adversaries. I dont like our odds based on the goaltending / defense matchups, but how sweet would it be to FINALLY surge past Boston
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 16 at 9:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Honestly gimmie BOS as at least we know we can go to game 7 against em
Apr. 16 at 9:40 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Come on... What adjustments is he supposed to make mid-game to prevent that? The players are getting their show run

Yep when the effort aint there this is what happens and is why Killer Instinct keeps rearing its ugly head along with work ethic

Defense is going south at the wrong time and both goalies have been slipping

Not what we want to see rn.

Least our special teams be getting some work at least
Apr. 16 at 9:44 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Yep when the effort aint there this is what happens and is why Killer Instinct keeps rearing its ugly head

Defense is going south at the wrong time and both goalies have been slipping

Not what we want to see rn.

Least our special teams be getting some work at least

Defence isn’t going south, it’s BEEN south

From the blue line personnel to the support from the forwards, it’s just not there
Apr. 16 at 10:05 p.m.
Rip
I mean he prevented the game from being 5-2 by playing goalie for a second lul

But him not being 100% be noticeable rn.

That is when her shines, within 3 feet of his net but he gets significantly worse ever foot further from his own crease.
Apr. 16 at 10:06 p.m.
Rip

Different break outs, alter the game plan, dump and chase. Lots of things he can do, but he instead does nothing. I'm his defence the game has been a mess. The number of penalties is silly.
Apr. 16 at 10:09 p.m.
Rip
Woll certainly has kept us in this game.
Apr. 16 at 10:13 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 16 at 10:19 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Woll certainly has kept us in this game.

letting in 2 softies isnt what I call keeping us in...

I know they getting outshot but still that 4th goal is not what I call keeping them in as man was it a yikes and a half.
Apr. 16 at 10:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Well were getting BOS

Good luck but with the effort we saw out of everyone second and beyond concerns be real especially since BOS has had TOR number this year

Sammy's starter game 1 especially now that we know who they getting
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 16 at 10:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Well looks like Matthews will have to hit 70 tomorrow
McMann Season
Well tonight sucked
Leafs going to Leafs
No more Matthews-Marner plz... Legit looked awful, I'd rather Matthews-Nylander or Matthews-Knies
Apr. 16 at 10:20 p.m.
Rip
letting in 2 softies isnt what I call keeping us in...

I know they getting outshot but still that 4th goal is not what I call keeping them in as thats when the dmg was finalized

You can make the argument that 1 of those was his fault. Tips and bounces or just grade a chances for the other 3. And nothing was as bad as the sharp angle goal Sammy let in last game. You can't give Sammy the pass and point fingers at Woll. Sammy has allowed 4 or more five times in his past 9 starts and you can't say he was hung out to dry as badly as Woll has been.
Go leafs go
Leafs-Bruins is happening!!!
Am I crazy for being excited for it? We haven’t played Boston in 5 years and I kind of want to see if we can finally slay the dragon in a rematch. Obviously it won’t be easy but I think it’s doable. GLG!!!
average joe
I was thinking with McDavid injury, door opened for Matthews to get Hart nomination. For it to happen, he needs to win goal scoring title by 20% over competition - just as MacKinnon and Kuch are about 15% to 20% ahead of the pack.
So in this game, very big step backwards.
Apr. 16 at 10:21 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Also, refs gifting Tkachuk on that noncall with the net knock off
Apr. 16 at 10:27 p.m.
Different break outs, alter the game plan, dump and chase. Lots of things he can do, but he instead does nothing. I'm his defence the game has been a mess. The number of penalties is silly.

I get people like to blame the coach, but there's really no evidence that he did nothing.

Like he can't overhaul the system mid-period. It's up to the players to execute that system and make the right decisions out there on the ice, which they very, very did not.

I'm sure he's not standing on the bench with his thumb in his ass going "gee I don't know what's going on here, just keep doing the same thing fellas"
Apr. 16 at 10:30 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 16 at 10:38 p.m.
You can make the argument that 1 of those was his fault. Tips and bounces or just grade a chances for the other 3. And nothing was as bad as the sharp angle goal Sammy let in last game. You can't give Sammy the pass and point fingers at Woll. Sammy has allowed 4 or more five times in his past 9 starts and you can't say he was hung out to dry as badly as Woll has been.

Two were on him

Goal 2 and 4.

But the thing is this Sammy faced FLA and despite their momentum shift helped TOR win the game. Woll lets in the 4th and we cant mount a comeback. We needed a save or two on at least 2 of those goals as thats when you show the coach hey I can steal games like this.

But anyways thats past us now that the opponent has been established (BOS) Sammy's for sure got to be game 1 starter due to what we have seen out of Woll vs. BOS
Apr. 16 at 10:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 16 at 10:57 p.m.
Well at least we know Series be going to 7 now.....

But yea that game highlights the need to spend the cap on a proper Dcore

Gimmie 2 nice RD to pair with Rielly and McCabe

One Roy and Demelo pls
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 16 at 10:44 p.m.
Rip
I get people like to blame the coach, but there's really no evidence that he did nothing.

Like he can't overhaul the system mid-period. It's up to the players to execute that system and make the right decisions out there on the ice, which they very, very did not.

I'm sure he's not standing on the bench with his thumb in his ass going "gee I don't know what's going on here, just keep doing the same thing fellas"

He absolutely can say, "hey guys, they are killing us when we do this, let's try to attack this way instead". He never does that, he says do the same thing because it worked in the regular season.
Apr. 16 at 10:46 p.m.
Rip
Two were on him

Goal 2 and 4.

But the thing is this Sammy faced FLA and despite their momentum shift helped TOR win the game. Woll lets in the 4th and we cant mount a comeback. We needed a save or two on at least 2 of those goals as thats when you show the coach hey I can steal games like this.

But anyways thats past us now that the opponent has been established (BOS) Sammy's for sure got to be game 1 starter due to what we have seen out of Woll vs. BOS

You are set in your ways. Sammy will do no wrong in your eyes until he collapses the 2nd time in the playoffs and costs us the series.
Apr. 16 at 10:48 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 16 at 10:54 p.m.

Yep

In general you cant really blame one thing for a team loss unless its as simple as a giveaway

In that game momentum shifted and the entire team top to bottom could not handle it. Keefe can only do so much how about the big boyz step it up they getting paid lul

Top 6 got bullied by the chucky line, Woll made saves but goal 2 and 4 just cant happen, PP gets one than goes ZZZZ while FLA pots 18 shots on us

Only positive was the PK
Apr. 16 at 10:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 16 at 10:58 p.m.
You are set in your ways. Sammy will do no wrong in your eyes until he collapses the 2nd time in the playoffs and costs us the series.

Again because of Woll's recent struggles vs. BOS the logical answer is Samsonov

BOS has gotten the upperhand on Woll twice in b2b matchups. Last time Sammy faced them was in a SO loss. No SO in playoffs

Sammy had his recent struggles but we know he has handled BOS well. And before those 2 last starts went on a run and has gotten better support
Apr. 16 at 11:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 17 at 1:28 a.m.
GLVRhgLWQAAVr67?format=jpg&name=small

Regular season vs. playoffs often dont matter but jesus lul

Least with FLA we knew we could score more than 1 on the goalie

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll