ANA
  1. Wahlstrom, Oliver [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 1st round pick (NYI)
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (NYI)
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
17OVR, 49OVR, 55OVR
NYI
    Just want to know if there is a world where he gets moved. What does Anaheim have to gain out of this?

Id imagine this:
    ANA fans think Zegras could get more, he could not. No team is giving up more than this after the season he has had

So, do they move him for a first and two top 55 picks? Who knows. Do those picks have the upisde Zegras does? tbh probably not, but they could be used to fill in other needs through draft or trade. Just curious for now
    ANA
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$87,500,000$86,700,000$0$0$800,000
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $9,150,000$9,150,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 7
    $950,000$950,000
    LW
    RFA - 2
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    C
    RFA
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    RW
    RFA
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $775,000$775,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $6,150,000$6,150,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LD
    UFA
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $825,000$825,000
    LW, C
    RFA
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 9 at 6:36 p.m.
    Engvall got 7 years last year?
    Yikes
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Apr. 9 at 6:38 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Quoting: Mikael_Smith
    Engvall got 7 years last year?
    Yikes

tell me about it I'm not pleased either lmao.
    Mikael_Smith and OldNYIfan liked this.
    Apr. 9 at 7:09 p.m.
    It's not about getting "more" in a Zegras trade. The bottom line is not one of those four pieces makes Anaheim a better team. Why would Verbeek make a trade that with zero doubt makes the team worse?
    Apr. 9 at 7:13 p.m.
    Doubt Anaheim moves him especially with his value so low. Zegras-Horvat-Barzal would be very fun tho
    This is going to be the most interesting offseason since 21/22
    Also Lee at 50% plus a 5th and 3rd should honestly net a first maybe I am over valuing him
    Honestly our #1 goal this offseason should be getting out of Lee and Pageau contracts
    Apr. 9 at 7:18 p.m.
    Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
    tell me about it I'm not pleased either lmao.

At least the AAV isn't terrible, better than 3rd pairing and #6D Scott Mayfield who is going to make 3.5 for 6 more years
    I do feel bad for him tho, we bullied him off instagram. We just have to hope him deleting instagram will have the same effect it did when Dobson was bullied off Twitter

On an unrelated note pro athletes shouldn't be on social media
    Apr. 9 at 7:20 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    "after the season he's had"?!? He's been injured and missed over 60 games. In the 14 games he's played injury-free, he has 3 goals and 6 assists which, although below his historical rate of 0.77 PPG is still a 50-point season, and he's 0 in plus-minus so his alleged defensive deficiencies are improving. Contrary to uninformed popular stu-, er, "wisdom," he's not on the market.

"a first and two top 55 picks"?!? We have an extra first and two seconds, including pick 35 and pick 59 - 64, this June. A middle first as the prime asset for Trevor Zegras just doesn't cut it.

I'm gonna quote respected San Jose stalwart @SharkTank: "It's always hilarious when fans use ridiculous made up fiction as to justify the lowering of a players value.

Yet they'll place him on their own team's top line, top D pair or starting goalie."
    GiggywithGibby liked this.
    Apr. 9 at 7:30 p.m.
    Future Norris guy
    If Pat Verbeek were to move Trevor Zegras, He'd get a far better offer than this.
    GiggywithGibby and OldNYIfan liked this.
    Apr. 9 at 8:32 p.m.
    Future Ducks legend
    "What's the price?"

"You should take my low ball offer and run, your player that I'm acquiring and putting on the top line is **** and not worth more than this."

Any idea how dumb that argument is? If that's "All Zegras is worth" in a trade, then he won't be traded, why would we sell low on an asset we have under team control for another three seasons?

You want him, you need to be prepared to offer a piece we actually want, and the only piece in the entirety of NYIs system is Dobson, for which I'll give you Zegras and our top RHD prospect in Luneau.
    Jded and OldNYIfan liked this.
    Apr. 9 at 8:49 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Quoting: GiggywithGibby
    "What's the price?"

"You should take my low ball offer and run, your player that I'm acquiring and putting on the top line is **** and not worth more than this."

Any idea how dumb that argument is? If that's "All Zegras is worth" in a trade, then he won't be traded, why would we sell low on an asset we have under team control for another three seasons?

You want him, you need to be prepared to offer a piece we actually want, and the only piece in the entirety of NYIs system is Dobson, for which I'll give you Zegras and our top RHD prospect in Luneau.

LOLLLLL ZEGRAS AND LUNEAU FOR DOBSON???

alright bro. zegras is 23 and has 4 goals and 11 points in 27 games this season. Tell me about how he is worth more than a 1st and two 2nds.

Look what Dach and Newhook got at younger ages.

Now for the other part, thank you for reading my comments before you commented (not)!

Good thing you arent GM!
    NARC311 liked this.
    Apr. 9 at 9:02 p.m.
    Future Ducks legend
    Edited Apr. 9 at 9:08 p.m.
    LOLLLLL ZEGRAS AND LUNEAU FOR DOBSON???

alright bro. zegras is 23 and has 4 goals and 11 points in 27 games this season. Tell me about how he is worth more than a 1st and two 2nds.

Look what Dach and Newhook got at younger ages.

Now for the other part, thank you for reading my comments before you commented (not)!

Good thing you arent GM!

Dach was, and still is, damaged goods, he was mishandled in his development and is one of the most consistently injured players in the league. Newhook failed to develop past middle 6 in Colorado. Neither are worth half of Zegras.

But sure, go on spouting about his points totals in a season where half the games he has played he's been injured for and ignore the rest of his body of work, it's not like it makes you look uninformed or anything.

You know there's not a world where Anaheim takes this, we still have a top 5 prospect system in the league, we're chock full of the pieces we get with those pics, and we don't need an actual failed prospect in Wahlstrom, you're just on here starting S***.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Apr. 9 at 9:07 p.m.
    Josh Anderson Sucks
    Quoting: GiggywithGibby
    Dach was, and still is, damaged goods, he was mishandled in his development and is one of the most consistently injured players in the league. Newhook failed to develop past middle 6 in Colorado. Neither are worth half of Zegras.

But sure, go on spouting about his points totals in a season where half the games he has played he's been injured for, not like it makes you look uninformed or anything.

You know there's not a world where Anaheim takes this, we still have a top 5 prospect system in the league, we're chock full of the pieces we get with those pics, and we don't need an actual failed prospect in Wahlstrom, you're just on here starting S***.

lmao you're crying because you think Zegras is worth more than this.

If you can read, look above. But for your convenience, ill put it here

No team is paying more than this. Hes had a bad year and is 23, a risk for an expensive player. If Anaheim looks to move him, this is the best they get. I never said they should or will. As in, where I said "What does Anaheim have to gain out of this?

Id imagine this:
    ANA fans think Zegras could get more, he could not. No team is giving up more than this after the season he has had

So, do they move him for a first and two top 55 picks? Who knows. Do those picks have the upisde Zegras does? tbh probably not, but they could be used to fill in other needs through draft or trade. Just curious for now"

Thank you for reading my post...!
    Apr. 9 at 9:18 p.m.
    Edited Apr. 9 at 11:44 p.m.
    lmao you're crying because you think Zegras is worth more than this.

If you can read, look above. But for your convenience, ill put it here

No team is paying more than this. Hes had a bad year and is 23, a risk for an expensive player. If Anaheim looks to move him, this is the best they get. I never said they should or will. As in, where I said "What does Anaheim have to gain out of this?

Id imagine this:

So, do they move him for a first and two top 55 picks? Who knows. Do those picks have the upisde Zegras does? tbh probably not, but they could be used to fill in other needs through draft or trade. Just curious for now"

Thank you for reading my post...!

Let me try come in with a fresh ANA perspective.

This offer provides no incentive for ANA. Zegras is a locked in top 6 C/W who brings offense and creativity to the top 6 that ANA lacks badly when he’s out of the lineup. There’s absolutely no reason ANA moves Zegras for a bunch of draft capital, especially to a team with a pick in the middle of the 1st round.

You pointed out his stats this season, but you aren’t factoring in that he missed training camp to start the year and then played injured for a vast majority of his games, which are already a small sample size. He had back-to-back 60+ point seasons the last 2 years with no injury history prior to this season, and now since returning from his broken ankle he’s back to a 0.8pt/g pace (4 pts in his last 5 games). There’s no reason ANA would trade him valued at anything less than a high ceiling, proven 60+ point player (while on his ELC) on a totally reasonable contract that has him an RFA at the end. If teams don’t want to pay that, it’s tooootally okay. The rumors that he was being shopped were shut down. He isn’t on the block, so only an offer that’s too good to turn down would be worth taking.

ANA’s needs are top 6 scoring winger (esp RW) and #1RHD. They have tons of bottom 6 fwd and bottom 4 D prospects in the pipeline. The only piece on NYI that fit their window and positional need is Dobson that I can see, and moving Zegras is still a subtraction at one of those needs, so even then it isn’t very compelling. Would NYI want to do that? I highly doubt it. But if Dobson weren’t on the table, I just don’t see any reason ANA would put Zegras on it

And I’m not saying straight up by the way, I know ANA would have to add. But I just don’t see any other base piece in the trade that ANA would consider moving Zegras for
    Apr. 9 at 9:21 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    zegras is 23 and has 4 goals and 11 points in 27 games this season.

You really shouldn't humiliate yourself by making such ignorant comments.

This statement displays such a lack of understanding of hockey as to beggar description.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll