SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Surprise at number five

Surprise at number five

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: NHLfan10506
Published: Apr. 28 at 12:26 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils (10→1)
  2. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings (15→5)
Apr. 28 at 12:29 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
Hemming too high and Stiga way too low.

Detroit drafting at 5th would be a shocker for sure.
Apr. 28 at 12:50 p.m.
I think you panicing about the devils too much. How much help do the devils need. Like stop being this panicky
Apr. 28 at 1:17 p.m.
MICHiGAN!
Apr. 28 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: Z0ra

NJD and DET winning lottery would ruffle some feathers.
Apr. 28 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: TyeZerker
I think you panicing about the devils too much. How much help do the devils need. Like stop being this panicky

Odd. What about this post suggests I am “panicky”?
Apr. 28 at 5:13 p.m.

Detroit winning a lottery only to reach for a guy that's ranked in the teens would be the shocker lol.
Apr. 28 at 5:19 p.m.
chibrikov is a steal
Quoting: DanielSan92
Detroit winning a lottery only to reach for a guy that's ranked in the teens would be the shocker lol.

Connelly at 5th doesn't shock me at all. I have him #6 on my board.
Apr. 28 at 5:23 p.m.

Pretty much every ranking has him early 10s into the late teens. Plus some of his perceived character issues might cause a slip.

End of the day I'm not saying it's a bad player I'm just saying Detroit trades down to try to grab him before using #5 for him.
Apr. 28 at 5:26 p.m.

He's a player that, if my team picks him even with the final pick in the draft, I might consider picking a new team to cheer for.
Apr. 28 at 8:08 p.m.
Quoting: DanielSan92
Pretty much every ranking has him early 10s into the late teens. Plus some of his perceived character issues might cause a slip.

End of the day I'm not saying it's a bad player I'm just saying Detroit trades down to try to grab him before using #5 for him.

He is top-5 in talent…probably quite easily. Those rankings are hedging that he may slip due to a photo from when he was 15. Since then, he has done all the right things, and many respected people have vouched for him.
Apr. 28 at 8:12 p.m.
Quoting: jamnjon
He's a player that, if my team picks him even with the final pick in the draft, I might consider picking a new team to cheer for.

That’s silly. People make mistakes. He has owned it, taken responsibility and made amends.
Apr. 28 at 8:13 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
He is top-5 in talent…probably quite easily. Those rankings are hedging that he may slip due to a photo from when he was 15. Since then, he has done all the right things, and many respected people have vouched for him.

Lol, K.
Apr. 28 at 10:13 p.m.

If it were just a single incident when he was 15 it'd be one thing. He bullied several teammates, was accused of using racial slurs against an opponent (the league had a hearing for him and couldn't verify it had happened, but they never even notified the accuser or the accuser's coach of the hearing to give his side of things), was kicked off a team after a week for peeing on a teammate's stuff in response to being hazed, despite his skill he wasn't accepted back to the Jr Ducks, and then posted the picture you're talking about and was kicked off his team for it.
Apr. 28 at 10:33 p.m.
If it were just a single incident when he was 15 it'd be one thing. He bullied several teammates, was accused of using racial slurs against an opponent (the league had a hearing for him and couldn't verify it had happened, but they never even notified the accuser or the accuser's coach of the hearing to give his side of things), was kicked off a team after a week for peeing on a teammate's stuff in response to being hazed, despite his skill he wasn't accepted back to the Jr Ducks, and then posted the picture you're talking about and was kicked off his team for it.

All of these stories have come from one group of people…same click of parents in California. Yet, on every other team he has played on, none of this seems to have happened.

Now people want to compare him to Mitchell Miller and say he should never be able to play hockey again. Some draft observers are trying to claim that he is on NHL teams’ “do not draft” lists, yet freely admit that they haven’t actually heard scouts or GMs ever say that. But the US NTDP has brought one player from outside their program to the U-18s. They do their homework. And one of the most respected coaches in all of NCAA has vouched for him (going so far as to attend some Tri-City events to let it be known).

Everyone makes mistakes, especially when they are children. Some learn from their mistakes by taking ownership of them, make amends. Others hide from accountability, point blame at others. I believe the former is better measure of character.

You can believe what you want.
Apr. 29 at 12:55 a.m.
All of these stories have come from one group of people…same click of parents in California. Yet, on every other team he has played on, none of this seems to have happened.

The school he was kicked out of for urinating on someone's stuff was in Rochester, NY, and then the picture he posted was as a member of the Long Island Gulls, so not just the same clique of people in California. The other East Coast team (New Jersey Avalanche) he opted to leave after two weeks because travel was difficult between there and California due to pandemic restrictions.

I'll admit I haven't heard anything out of Tri City which is probably most important since it's the two most recent seasons and the last thing I heard about was when he was 16, but my team (Sharks) has been bitten by taking gambles on people with character issues in recent past (Kane and Merkley) so I want them staying far away from him.
Apr. 29 at 1:05 a.m.
mokumboi
Don't think the Ducks go LD.
GeneralLandro liked this.
Apr. 29 at 5:41 a.m.
The school he was kicked out of for urinating on someone's stuff was in Rochester, NY, and then the picture he posted was as a member of the Long Island Gulls, so not just the same clique of people in California. The other East Coast team (New Jersey Avalanche) he opted to leave after two weeks because travel was difficult between there and California due to pandemic restrictions.

I'll admit I haven't heard anything out of Tri City which is probably most important since it's the two most recent seasons and the last thing I heard about was when he was 16, but my team (Sharks) has been bitten by taking gambles on people with character issues in recent past (Kane and Merkley) so I want them staying far away from him.

The stories are told by the same group of parents. Some of these schools/teams deny.
Apr. 29 at 12:36 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Don't think the Ducks go LD.

Certainly not in the 1st
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 29 at 1:07 p.m.

Now people want to compare him to Mitchell Miller and say he should never be able to play hockey again. Some draft observers are trying to claim that he is on NHL teams’ “do not draft” lists, yet freely admit that they haven’t actually heard scouts or GMs ever say that. But the US NTDP has brought one player from outside their program to the U-18s. They do their homework. And one of the most respected coaches in all of NCAA has vouched for him (going so far as to attend some Tri-City events to let it be known).

Everyone makes mistakes, especially when they are children. Some learn from their mistakes by taking ownership of them, make amends. Others hide from accountability, point blame at others. I believe the former is better measure of character.

You can believe what you want.

I wish people were more forgiving. None of us really know what the kid is like, but he shouldn't have to pay his entire life for something he did at 15. People are way too quick to try and destroy peoples lives. Teams will do their due dilligence to see if there are any character issues to sort out. I think that if your teams drafts him you should be comfortable that you got a good player.
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Apr. 29 at 1:08 p.m.
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Certainly not in the 1st

Are the Ducks Just Macklin->Levshunov-> Parekh?
Apr. 29 at 1:29 p.m.
Quoting: BDHockey
Are the Ducks Just Macklin->Levshunov-> Parekh?

Honestly not sure

I would assume we are just Macklin then Levshunov but after that I couldn’t say
BDHockey liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll