Forums/Armchair-GM

Another Rossi Idea

Created by: MNBassman
Team: 2024-25 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: May 1, 2024
Published: May 1, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I know Guhle is a big ask, and probably a non-starter…but he would be a great decade-long D partner for Faber!
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,750,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Hunt, Daemon
  2. Rossi, Marco
Additional Details:
Daemon looks to be developing into a solid 3rd pairing LHD with possibly a 2nd pairing ceiling.
MIN
  1. 2024 1st round pick (NJD)
  2. 2024 5th round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. Gustavsson, Filip
  2. 2024 1st round pick (MIN)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,500,000$84,486,088$425,000$2,477,500$3,013,912
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$4,125,000$4,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA
$886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$475,000$475K)
LW
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
C
RFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
RD
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
G
RFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,450,000$2,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 1 at 4:07 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
I think Hughes and Gorton are fine with a mixture of type of players. Drafting Slafkovsky, trading for Dach (big players), but also drafting Hutson, trading for Newhook (smaller skilled guys). I think from a depth perspective (and I consider Rossi a depth middle 6 player), simply adding more offense should be the focus. Rossi would accomplish this imo, and would 100% help the 2nd PP unit and overall add secondary scoring.
But I agree adding some more grit at forward should still be a focus for MTL. There's not much coming through the system aside from F.Xhekaj and Tuch. Hopefully MTL can draft someone with some size with their 1st rd pick...*cough* Lindstrom *cough*....

EDIT: Another small component that could be a benefit for MTL with Rossi specifically. It adds another fellow Austrian that could help Reinbacher.

I don’t argue with the fact that Rossi would be a better offensive option at the moment that what we currently have. I just think that adding him wouldn’t make Mtl a better team in the long stretch. You can’t win in the playof with 5-6 under 6 foot forward. If you look at the latest cup winner they all have size. That why i don’t think they will target players like Rossi.
May 1 at 4:41 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Joblow
I don’t argue with the fact that Rossi would be a better offensive option at the moment that what we currently have. I just think that adding him wouldn’t make Mtl a better team in the long stretch. You can’t win in the playof with 5-6 under 6 foot forward. If you look at the latest cup winner they all have size. That why i don’t think they will target players like Rossi.

Fair enough. and if MTL were to actually acquire Rossi this offseason, I'd 100% be of the mindset of "no more small players!!! We have enough now, no more!!" and advocate that MTL start looking to add more power forwards 100%.
BUT... size isn't everything, speaking of recent cup winners, Tampa won both their cups with guys like Gourde, Point, Johnson in their top 9. MTL having Caufield, Hutson, Rossi should be fine.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 8:26 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
That being said, and following your line of thinking if Guhle is moved, shouldn't it be for a player of a higher caliber than the Dach / 13th overall deal? Sure, Rossi was 9th overall 4 years ago, but I don't think anyone (including MIN fans) think he's still worth anywhere close to a top 10 pick.

Yeah idk what that caliber of player would be that’s available tho. Maybe a centrepiece of acquiring a star?

Maybe for Zegras, but I don’t think id trade Guhle for Zegras 1 for 1 and no way Anaheim wants another LHD
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 8:32 p.m.
Habswest
If the Habs are committed to Mike Matheson, I do this. But I’d also insist we get Minnesota’s 1st round pick out of it as well. More than happy to package the Winnipeg 1st and other assets (if required) to get it done.

So the base for me would be: Guhle + 25 for Rossi + 13

I think it makes perfect sense. Minnesota gets their partner for Faber. Habs bet on offense, and could probably draft another D with the 13th pick to eventually replace Matheson.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 8:49 p.m.
MNBassman
That being said, and following your line of thinking if Guhle is moved, shouldn't it be for a player of a higher caliber than the Dach / 13th overall deal? Sure, Rossi was 9th overall 4 years ago, but I don't think anyone (including MIN fans) think he's still worth anywhere close to a top 10 pick.

Many do!
May 1 at 11:46 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Any Guhle trade would start with Boldy. Habs don’t need another small forward. Picks and prospect would need to be involved but that the only player that could interest Mtl.
Rossi is a good players but just not interesting for Mtl already small forward group.

Nice to see the delusion is still strong in Montreal.
MNBassman liked this.
May 1 at 11:54 p.m.
Quoting: Digitalbooya06
Nice to see the delusion is still strong in Montreal.

You might not like it but that would be the ask. Guhle is a first pairing defenseman with elite defensive skill. There nothing delusional about asking for Boldy. What is delusional is to think that you could get a top pairing defenseman for midget forward.
May 2 at 8:17 a.m.
Osiecki death stare
You might not like it but that would be the ask. Guhle is a first pairing defenseman with elite defensive skill. There nothing delusional about asking for Boldy. What is delusional is to think that you could get a top pairing defenseman for midget forward.

If you asked that you should be ridiculed to the fullest extent. Boldy is far more valuable than Guhle.
MNBassman liked this.
May 2 at 9:09 a.m.
If you asked that you should be ridiculed to the fullest extent. Boldy is far more valuable than Guhle.

How Boldy is more Valuable? Because he have more point?
This is the stupidest thing that is recurrent here. Point, point , point like that was the only thing that is valuable in game of hockey. Guhle is a elite defender. He is has valuable if not more to Mtl than Boldy would be. Because your feeling is hurt donlt change anything about that. You can keep complaining like a little spoil brat, it doesn’t change the fact that Mtl would ask for Boldy in a Guhle trade. Only delusional Min fan think a midget get you a first pairing defenseman. You clearly haven’t not freaking idea about the price to acquire a top pairing defenseman. Columbus had to gave up Johansen who was extremely promising for Seth Jones, Colorado gave Byram for
Mitteltsatd. Both of these players where centerman.
Boldy is a winger. Less valuable position in hockey
Delusional tears of joy people won’t stop making me laugh around here.
You should put your feeling aside and use your brain.
May 2 at 4:12 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
How Boldy is more Valuable? Because he have more point?
This is the stupidest thing that is recurrent here. Point, point , point like that was the only thing that is valuable in game of hockey. Guhle is a elite defender. He is has valuable if not more to Mtl than Boldy would be. Because your feeling is hurt donlt change anything about that. You can keep complaining like a little spoil brat, it doesn’t change the fact that Mtl would ask for Boldy in a Guhle trade. Only delusional Min fan think a midget get you a first pairing defenseman. You clearly haven’t not freaking idea about the price to acquire a top pairing defenseman. Columbus had to gave up Johansen who was extremely promising for Seth Jones, Colorado gave Byram for
Mitteltsatd. Both of these players where centerman.
Boldy is a winger. Less valuable position in hockey
Delusional tears of joy people won’t stop making me laugh around here.
You should put your feeling aside and use your brain.

Look at all this garbage homerism and oh goody, a strawman argument. If you were to poll 100 random fans, the 90 that are not Montreal fans would take Boldy.

Guhle is not on the level that Jones was at the time of trade. Mittelstadt is much closer to Rossi, so nice comparison there silly homer.

Boldy is 100% better to anyone but clown Montreal fans.
May 2 at 4:43 p.m.
Look at all this garbage homerism and oh goody, a strawman argument. If you were to poll 100 random fans, the 90 that are not Montreal fans would take Boldy.

Guhle is not on the level that Jones was at the time of trade. Mittelstadt is much closer to Rossi, so nice comparison there silly homer.

Boldy is 100% better to anyone but clown Montreal fans.

Yeah your right about Jones, in fact Guhle have had better stats then jones in is third season. Guhle average 2 more min, playing tougher opposition. Can denied that fact ill gave you that. In which reality you live, Rossi on the same level as Mittelstadt and im the homer. You didn’t help your case with such buffoonery. Boldy play the least valuable position in hockey. As good as he is he still just a winger. Guhle will face top opposition night in night out. This is much more valuable than what ever argument you could try. Keep complaining like a little spoil brat, that wonlt change anything. If Minnesota call for Guhle, thats what they ask for. Acquiring top pair defenseman is costly. No midget middle six forward is enough to entertain trade talk.
May 2 at 5:06 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Yeah your right about Jones, in fact Guhle have had better stats then jones in is third season. Guhle average 2 more min, playing tougher opposition. Can denied that fact ill gave you that. In which reality you live, Rossi on the same level as Mittelstadt and im the homer. You didn’t help your case with such buffoonery. Boldy play the least valuable position in hockey. As good as he is he still just a winger. Guhle will face top opposition night in night out. This is much more valuable than what ever argument you could try. Keep complaining like a little spoil brat, that wonlt change anything. If Minnesota call for Guhle, thats what they ask for. Acquiring top pair defenseman is costly. No midget middle six forward is enough to entertain trade talk.

Keep crying. Good grief. Montreal fans are insufferable.
May 2 at 5:22 p.m.
Keep crying. Good grief. Montreal fans are insufferable.

You are the one acting like a baby. You are the one that came aggressively with a emotional comment. I am not the one who is delusional, i just told what was obvious but you can’t accept that this would be what Mtl will ask for Guhle. That a very simple concept to assimilate but for a obscure reason you want to go on a rampage about Guhle not being worth Boldy. Who care about that, what is important is that MTL value Guhle greatly and they won’t
Move him to for the sake of making some random clown on cap friendly happy because they sell him for a midget middle six winger.
May 3 at 4:35 a.m.
Osiecki death stare
You are the one acting like a baby. You are the one that came aggressively with a emotional comment. I am not the one who is delusional, i just told what was obvious but you can’t accept that this would be what Mtl will ask for Guhle. That a very simple concept to assimilate but for a obscure reason you want to go on a rampage about Guhle not being worth Boldy. Who care about that, what is important is that MTL value Guhle greatly and they won’t
Move him to for the sake of making some random clown on cap friendly happy because they sell him for a midget middle six winger.

1. Boldy is a delusional asking price.
2. I don’t care about adding Guhle whatsoever. No need to get your panties in a wad over it. I don’t want him.
3. Montreal fans are notorious for extremely overvaluing their players, like you are doing here.
4. You are everything you call me.
May 3 at 7:44 a.m.
Edited May 3 at 7:55 a.m.
1. Boldy is a delusional asking price.
2. I don’t care about adding Guhle whatsoever. No need to get your panties in a wad over it. I don’t want him.
3. Montreal fans are notorious for extremely overvaluing their players, like you are doing here.
4. You are everything you call me.

Mtl fan are overating their player until the trade deadline where they where pin point. Keep it up with your bull**** argumet.
Asking for Boldy is not delusional one second. First pairing defenseman = top line player. Plain and simple. But that concept seem to hard to understand you keep pushing for that midget forward to acquire a top pair defenseman. How this not delusional.
Minn fan are still hoping for Miracle on ice and get great you g defenseman for a midget who isn’t a game changer.

‘’ 4. ´´you are everything you call me’’ what next you will pull out my father is stronger than your. How old are you? You don’t understand a simple concept that Mtl aren’t shopping Guhle. If Minnesota call and ask for Guhle Hugues will ask for Boldy. Nothing less, and Rossi and all the other pieces you can offer have absolutely no value for Mtl. This is pretty simple to understand. Who care about how you feeling about Guhle or how you love Boldy. But for some reason your to emotionally evolve the think straight and just understand that Mtl are in the driver seat and don’t have to settle for a midget
May 3 at 8:09 a.m.
Osiecki death stare
Edited May 3 at 8:39 a.m.
Mtl fan are overating their player until the trade deadline where they where pin point. Keep it up with your bull**** argumet.
Asking for Boldy is not delusional one second. First pairing defenseman = top line player. Plain and simple. But that concept seem to hard to understand you keep pushing for that midget forward to acquire a top pair defenseman. How this not delusional.
Minn fan are still hoping for Miracle on ice and get great you g defenseman for a midget who isn’t a game changer.

‘’ 4. ´´you are everything you call me’’ what next you will pull out my father is stronger than your. How old are you? You don’t understand a simple concept that Mtl aren’t shopping Guhle. If Minnesota call and ask for Guhle Hugues will ask for Boldy. Nothing less, and Rossi and all the other pieces you can offer have absolutely no value for Mtl. This is pretty simple to understand. Who care about how you feeling about Guhle or how you love Boldy. But for some reason your to emotionally evolve the think straight and just understand that Mtl are in the driver seat and don’t have to settle for a midget

Look at you. Still going. Still seething with rage.

My favorite part is you think I’m advocating to trade Rossi. I have not said one thing about Rossi being equal to Guhle. I’ve simply laughed that you think Guhle = Boldy. It’s like if Montreal asked for Middleton and I said the only acceptable trade would be Caufield because Middleton played top pairing this year. Just laughable.
May 3 at 9:21 a.m.
Look at you. Still going. Still seething with rage.

My favorite part is you think I’m advocating to trade Rossi. I have not said one thing about Rossi being equal to Guhle. I’ve simply laughed that you think Guhle = Boldy. It’s like if Montreal asked for Middleton and I said the only acceptable trade would be Caufield because Middleton played top pairing this year. Just laughable.

You could ask for Caufield in a Middleton trade. I mean if Guerin think Middleton value for Minnesota is that much. He have the right to do so. And yes Guhle = Boldy. First pairing defenseman have much more value than winger. Not even debatable, unless you got a generational talent on the wing, first pairing defenseman will always hold more value. And how can Guhle = Boldy when there not even playing the same position? How stupid is that take. Boldy is just the only players of interest to fill a position of need on Mtl. Unless expectation are met in a trade Guhle isn’t moving. That pretty simple. Guhle = Boldy plain in simple.
Again first pair defenseman are more valuable than winger.
You can think that it’s funny all you want that don’t change anything, the on’y players that can land you Guhle is Boldy.
May 3 at 11:54 a.m.
Osiecki death stare
You could ask for Caufield in a Middleton trade. I mean if Guerin think Middleton value for Minnesota is that much. He have the right to do so. And yes Guhle = Boldy. First pairing defenseman have much more value than winger. Not even debatable, unless you got a generational talent on the wing, first pairing defenseman will always hold more value. And how can Guhle = Boldy when there not even playing the same position? How stupid is that take. Boldy is just the only players of interest to fill a position of need on Mtl. Unless expectation are met in a trade Guhle isn’t moving. That pretty simple. Guhle = Boldy plain in simple.
Again first pair defenseman are more valuable than winger.
You can think that it’s funny all you want that don’t change anything, the on’y players that can land you Guhle is Boldy.

1st pairing on Montreal doesn’t mean as much as 1st pairing on other teams. You know that, right? I mean, Rossi played 1C for a huge chunk of this season. Should he carry the same value as a 1C? If not, your whole argument just caved in on itself.
May 3 at 12:15 p.m.
1st pairing on Montreal doesn’t mean as much as 1st pairing on other teams. You know that, right? I mean, Rossi played 1C for a huge chunk of this season. Should he carry the same value as a 1C? If not, your whole argument just caved in on itself.

Guhle have rank himself among the top 50 defenseman in many defensive categories. There 2 top pair defenseman by team so that mean 60. Rossi might played 1c but he doesn’t rank in any category near the top 30 centerman and not even in the top 60. Terrible take dude just simole terrible
May 3 at 2:54 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Guhle have rank himself among the top 50 defenseman in many defensive categories. There 2 top pair defenseman by team so that mean 60. Rossi might played 1c but he doesn’t rank in any category near the top 30 centerman and not even in the top 60. Terrible take dude just simole terrible

Yeah? What are those?

Here's what I've found:

Guhle 5v5 (min 300 minutes played)
CA/60: 64.61 (#202 of dmen)
SA/60: 29.4 (#132)
GA/60: 2.88 (#188)
xGA/60: 2.68 (t-#159)
SCA/60: 30.67 (#214)

Let's see these statistics you have.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: