C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
C
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$878,333$878,333
LW, C
RFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 4
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RW, LW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
RFA
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 2
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 6 at 12:02 a.m.
there’s no Chychrun -> Detroit trade without Detroit’s 1st going to Ottawa
May 6 at 12:02 a.m.
Trading our only winger prospect that plays with some edge for yet another LHD... Nice.
May 6 at 12:14 a.m.
No thanks
May 6 at 12:16 a.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
Quoting: DanielSan92
Trading our only winger prospect that plays with some edge for yet another LHD... Nice.

I'd agree, I think both organizations would probably go Kaspar. Ottawa has Jarventie, who is a big, fast LW who likely has a spot either on the 2nd or 3rd line. But with Norris and his injury trouble? Ottawa would probably prefer a center prospect. Detroit has Larkin, JTC, & Copp signed to long-term contracts, with Danielson, Kasper, & Niederbach... (who is very good) Detroit won't have enough room for ll of them. But Ottawa won't be getting Detroit's 1st rounder if Kaspar goes the other way. Likely a 2nd or a B-prospect.
May 6 at 12:17 a.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
I will also say..... you're not getting rid of Holl tears of joy Not unless you add a piece....he's terrible.
May 6 at 12:17 a.m.
Quoting: Riddick19
I'd agree, I think both organizations would probably go Kaspar. Ottawa has Jarventie, who is a big, fast LW who likely has a spot either on the 2nd or 3rd line. But with Norris and his injury trouble? Ottawa would probably prefer a center prospect. Detroit has Larkin, JTC, & Copp signed to long-term contracts, with Danielson, Kasper, & Niederbach... (who is very good) Detroit won't have enough room for ll of them. But Ottawa won't be getting Detroit's 1st rounder if Kaspar goes the other way. Likely a 2nd or a B-prospect.

Lol. You're not getting Kasper at all. Or Detroit's 1st. Don't need another LHD.
May 6 at 12:20 a.m.

Kasper is not being moved for JC. Danielson/Kasper as the future C depth is vastly more important than adding to what could look great in Edvinsson, Wallinder, Walman, Johansson, Buium on the left side.
May 6 at 12:21 a.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
Lol. You're not getting Kasper at all. Or Detroit's 1st. Don't need another LHD.

He would be your 1st pairing defenseman on the LD side for sure. Truthfully I don't see Ottawa moving Chychrun within the division anyway so it's a moot point. Just saying if they were going to make a trade, Kaspar makes more sense than Mazur for both Ottawa and Detroit.
May 6 at 12:27 a.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
Quoting: CoachCoach
Kasper is not being moved for JC. Danielson/Kasper as the future C depth is vastly more important than adding to what could look great in Edvinsson, Wallinder, Walman, Johansson, Buium on the left side.

Like I said above, I agree I don't believe Ottawa will be trading Chychrun within the division anyway..... The point of the comment and I didn't make this team FYI.... I'm saying if they did make a trade for Chychrun? Kaspar would make more sense for both Detroit and Ottawa. Ottawa has Greig, Batherson, Joseph, & Tkachuk locked up long-term. They also have Jarventie who is a LW like Mazur. Ottawa does however need a center with Norris and his injury issues. Detroit has Larkin, Copp, and JTC locked up long-term down the middle, with Danielson, Kaspar, and Niederbach as center prospects. Detroit won't have room for them all. I don't believe Chychrun gets moved to a division rival. It was more of a case if they were going t make a deal? Kaspar makes more sense than Mazur for both sides. That's the point, I don't believe Chychrun will be going to Detroit at all.
May 6 at 12:30 a.m.
He would be your 1st pairing defenseman on the LD side for sure. Truthfully I don't see Ottawa moving Chychrun within the division anyway so it's a moot point. Just saying if they were going to make a trade, Kaspar makes more sense than Mazur for both Ottawa and Detroit.

Not sure how much more clear I need to make it that we don't need more LHD.

And we sure as hell ain't giving up Kasper for Chychrun lol.
May 6 at 12:43 a.m.
Like I said above, I agree I don't believe Ottawa will be trading Chychrun within the division anyway..... The point of the comment and I didn't make this team FYI.... I'm saying if they did make a trade for Chychrun? Kaspar would make more sense for both Detroit and Ottawa. Ottawa has Greig, Batherson, Joseph, & Tkachuk locked up long-term. They also have Jarventie who is a LW like Mazur. Ottawa does however need a center with Norris and his injury issues. Detroit has Larkin, Copp, and JTC locked up long-term down the middle, with Danielson, Kaspar, and Niederbach as center prospects. Detroit won't have room for them all. I don't believe Chychrun gets moved to a division rival. It was more of a case if they were going t make a deal? Kaspar makes more sense than Mazur for both sides. That's the point, I don't believe Chychrun will be going to Detroit at all.

So you just choose to view it from only OTT's side lol thats fine. Division rivalry aside, the conversation doesn't come up.

"Kaspar would make more sense for both Detroit and Ottawa" - Incorrect. Kasper is more important as he is the 1/2 best C prospect the Wings have. Compher and Copp are "plug" or "stopgap" players, and are not meant to be the answer down the middle. They can help transition MK/ND to the center position upon entering the NHL, eventually slotting into winger positions.

Niederbach is a tier below both, and is just as likely to hit as he is to not play a game in the NHL. History would indicate he gets some NHL games in a bottom 6 role.

"Kaspar makes more sense than Mazur for both sides" - Again, incorrect. Wingers are the easier position to find. Centers are far more valuable and both Kasper (8) and Danielson (9) were picked where they were to be a future tandem for Detroit. Not to be sold off "IN DIVISION" for a future position of strength.

Second point, JC only has one year left and will require a raise with term. Detroit would be better served saving that cap and not performing cap gymnastics, while having a solid potential 2/3C core for the next several years.

- Now to your point, no it wouldn't be advantageous to send JC within division I agree.
May 6 at 2:51 a.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
Quoting: CoachCoach
So you just choose to view it from only OTT's side lol thats fine. Division rivalry aside, the conversation doesn't come up.

"Kaspar would make more sense for both Detroit and Ottawa" - Incorrect. Kasper is more important as he is the 1/2 best C prospect the Wings have. Compher and Copp are "plug" or "stopgap" players, and are not meant to be the answer down the middle. They can help transition MK/ND to the center position upon entering the NHL, eventually slotting into winger positions.

Niederbach is a tier below both, and is just as likely to hit as he is to not play a game in the NHL. History would indicate he gets some NHL games in a bottom 6 role.

"Kaspar makes more sense than Mazur for both sides" - Again, incorrect. Wingers are the easier position to find. Centers are far more valuable and both Kasper (8) and Danielson (9) were picked where they were to be a future tandem for Detroit. Not to be sold off "IN DIVISION" for a future position of strength.

Second point, JC only has one year left and will require a raise with term. Detroit would be better served saving that cap and not performing cap gymnastics, while having a solid potential 2/3C core for the next several years.

- Now to your point, no it wouldn't be advantageous to send JC within division I agree.

No read what I wrote.... I took Detroit's situation into consideration. As I said.... Detroit if they were going to make a deal for Chychrun? Would prefer the prospect going the other way to be a center. I said this because Larkin, Copp, and Compher all have long-term deals. Plus Danielson, Kaspar, and Reinbach are all center prospects and there won't be room for them all. Mazur who the guy listed as the prospect coming back is a winger. Detroit would probably want to keep the goal scoring winger prospect because Detroit is shallow on winger prospects..... understand?

As for Reinbach? Trust me I've seen him play a decent amount.....Wings fans will love the guy. He's gritty, had a creative bent to his game, and has good speed. I watched him in the playoffs last season, and he was great. He just needs a bit of NA experience. His game is more suited to North America. Like I said this is all a moot point because Ottawa ISN'T going to trade him within the division.
May 6 at 7:13 a.m.
No read what I wrote.... I took Detroit's situation into consideration. As I said.... Detroit if they were going to make a deal for Chychrun? Would prefer the prospect going the other way to be a center. I said this because Larkin, Copp, and Compher all have long-term deals. Plus Danielson, Kaspar, and Reinbach are all center prospects and there won't be room for them all. Mazur who the guy listed as the prospect coming back is a winger. Detroit would probably want to keep the goal scoring winger prospect because Detroit is shallow on winger prospects..... understand?

As for Reinbach? Trust me I've seen him play a decent amount.....Wings fans will love the guy. He's gritty, had a creative bent to his game, and has good speed. I watched him in the playoffs last season, and he was great. He just needs a bit of NA experience. His game is more suited to North America. Like I said this is all a moot point because Ottawa ISN'T going to trade him within the division.

I did read what you wrote… I quite literally pulled your quotes lol.

Read what I said…. Which I will repeat… “Compher and Copp are stopgaps who will transition to wing while helping Danielson and Kasper adjust to C in the NHL. They are not the answer in the middle and will be WINGERS.

Detroit would much rather keep the harder to find…. Top drafted…. Centers. Understand? But yes it’s moot because Mazur isn’t going anywhere and they aren’t in on JC.
May 6 at 8:47 a.m.
Who the f*ck is Reinbach? lol. If you're referring to Niederbach, he sucks. He likely won't ever play more than a handful of games for the Griffins, and definitely won't play a single game for the Red Wings. Kasper and Danielson aren't going anywhere. Neither is Mazur. As others have pointed out, the Wings don't need Chychrun or any other top 4 LHD. We have Edvinsson, who will be better than Chychrun as early as this coming season, and Walman and Chiaroit, with Johansson, Wallinder, Buium all getting close.
May 6 at 9:08 a.m.

"I did take Detroit's situation into consideration." Yet you've been told multiple times that Detroit doesn't need any more LHD lol.

And then you want them to cripple their future center depth for a top 4 LHD that they don't need.
May 16 at 2:02 a.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
"I did take Detroit's situation into consideration." Yet you've been told multiple times that Detroit doesn't need any more LHD lol.

And then you want them to cripple their future center depth for a top 4 LHD that they don't need.

Okay.... one last time.... IF THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE A DEAL FOR CHYCHRUN... IF!!!!! THEY!!!!! WERE!!! GOING!!!! TO!!! DO!!! IT!!! I never said they were!!!! But if Detroit was going to do it, they don't agree with you, they for some reason believe they need to upgrade their LD position for whatever frigging reason!!!! It makes more sense for Detroit to trade a center!!!! not a winger. Up the middle, Detroit has Larkin, JT Compher, & Copp for 4 years!!!! They aren't senior citizens.... Detroit because they gave these contracts have to think they plan on moving forward with these guys. Future? Detroit has Danielsson, Kaspar, and Theodor Niederbach... who will be a solid 2nd line center, Wings fans will love the guy. However.....On the wings? You have Berggren and Mazur and Berggren. Berggren is 23 and has had trouble staying with the Wings, which leaves Mazur as the only winger prospect the Wings have. So I said..... It makes more sense....IF!!!!!!! The Wings were going to do it even if they don't.... I'm saying if you were going to make the trade like the poster did.... It makes more sense for the Wings to move on from a center than a prospect winger because they are so much deeper down the middle both at the NHL level and in the prospect system. Do you understand?????
May 16 at 4:43 a.m.
Okay.... one last time.... IF THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE A DEAL FOR CHYCHRUN... IF!!!!! THEY!!!!! WERE!!! GOING!!!! TO!!! DO!!! IT!!! I never said they were!!!! But if Detroit was going to do it, they don't agree with you, they for some reason believe they need to upgrade their LD position for whatever frigging reason!!!! It makes more sense for Detroit to trade a center!!!! not a winger. Up the middle, Detroit has Larkin, JT Compher, & Copp for 4 years!!!! They aren't senior citizens.... Detroit because they gave these contracts have to think they plan on moving forward with these guys. Future? Detroit has Danielsson, Kaspar, and Theodor Niederbach... who will be a solid 2nd line center, Wings fans will love the guy. However.....On the wings? You have Berggren and Mazur and Berggren. Berggren is 23 and has had trouble staying with the Wings, which leaves Mazur as the only winger prospect the Wings have. So I said..... It makes more sense....IF!!!!!!! The Wings were going to do it even if they don't.... I'm saying if you were going to make the trade like the poster did.... It makes more sense for the Wings to move on from a center than a prospect winger because they are so much deeper down the middle both at the NHL level and in the prospect system. Do you understand?????

Brevity is a skill that some haven't mastered. tears of joy
May 16 at 9:46 a.m.
Devo's 2nd Mock Draf
Brevity is a skill that some haven't mastered. tears of joy

Common sense as well and some people just never got it.... (hint)
May 16 at 9:47 a.m.
Common sense as well and some people just never got it.... (hint)

A statement on common sense, coming from the guy who thinks Detroit would trade Kasper for Chychrun. tears of joy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll