4. 2025 1st round pick (NSH)
  5. 2026 4th round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
How fitting would it be if the Mayor of Nashville got traded to Nashville
NSH
  1. Draisaitl, Leon
  2. 2026 2nd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
if Nashville thinks they can continue to compete and not enter a rebuild and commit to Saros but this one is a far stretch for the ask tbh
EDM
NSH
    I meant to put this in but didn't

this trade was Based off of the Eichel Trade a few years ago but I compensated a little more because Leo is a better player overall

i.e.
    Tuch = Novak
    Krebs = Evangelista
    Askarov = added for the trade but if they like Askarov more then switch with Saros and remove the 1st

picks are relatively the same only downgraded the 2026 pick going to the oilers and upgraded the pick going to Smashville

NOTE there are a lot of IF's that would have to happen for a trade like this to happen as in Nashville staying in the hunt and 100% committing to Saros as their starter and not trading him, also the Oilers fumbling the bag and negotiations break down and result in a trade

feel free to roast me in comments, I have seen a few Drai offers recently and I feel like this is the closest to fair value then the others offer but who the hell knows what it would look like
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    29$83,500,000$82,583,750$850,000$6,232,500$916,250
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $12,500,000$12,500,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    LW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    C
    RFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$3,225,000$3M)
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,456,250$1,456,250
    LW, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $425,000$425,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$325,000$325K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Nashville Predators
    $800,000$800,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $797,500$797,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $9,250,000$9,250,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,600,000$2,600,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    G
    RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 10 at 12:57 p.m.
    Yeah, they would want you to take Askarov out of that. Without Askarov, I don’t like it at all, even with him, I don’t know. Draisaitl is a 100 point 1C.. Evangelista, and Novak are good, but I would think they are missing a piece or two, assuming he goes with an extension in place. Throw in another decent price like a Matthew Wood, or Tanner Molendyk and it’s closer imo. Goaltenders values are also hard to gauge too.. you definitely gave me something to think about.. good job!
    Droakner liked this.
    May 10 at 1:00 p.m.
    The only offers that I've seen that even remotely compel me to trade Drai are the ones from BUF involving Cozens, Savoie, and picks. This one doesn't really even come close for me.
    Droakner and CD282 liked this.
    May 10 at 1:02 p.m.
    Droakner
    Quoting: Nhl_oilers
    Yeah, they would want you to take Askarov out of that. Without Askarov, I don’t like it at all, even with him, I don’t know. Draisaitl is a 100 point 1C.. Evangelista, and Novak are good, but I would think they are missing a piece or two, assuming he goes with an extension in place. Throw in another decent price like a Matthew Wood, or Tanner Molendyk and it’s closer imo. Goaltenders values are also hard to gauge too.. you definitely gave me something to think about.. good job!

Yeah I would agree, gauging the value of a young goalie like that gave me some trouble.

I will say I didn't put Wood or any of the younger prospect in as I didn't know where the line of "Find a new trade partner" is and felt that If I included Wood or Molendyk it would possibly be a non starter
    Nhl_oilers liked this.
    May 10 at 1:03 p.m.
    Droakner
    Quoting: SupremeBone
    The only offers that I've seen that even remotely compel me to trade Drai are the ones from BUF involving Cozens, Savoie, and picks. This one doesn't really even come close for me.

That offer would also be enticing but would Buffalo do it is the real question
    May 10 at 1:07 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    Leon is looking for a new contract. Playing with Nashville doesn't help his numbers. He's much off with Oilers or so many other teams on his 10 trade list.
    May 10 at 1:15 p.m.
    Quoting: SupremeBone

Personally, I don’t mind your offer SupremeBone, but also something like Swayman, Carlo, Frederic, and picks for Draisaitl, Ceci, Skinner catches my eye too! It all depends on how you value guys.

Quoting: Droakner
    Yeah I would agree, gauging the value of a young goalie like that gave me some trouble.

I will say I didn't put Wood or any of the younger prospect in as I didn't know where the line of "Find a new trade partner" is and felt that If I included Wood or Molendyk it would possibly be a non starter

Yeah, it’s super hard.. but I guess it is how much people value Askarov. I believe that one of Wood, or Molendyk would be wanted by Edmonton to compensate for the uncertainty of Askarov, but hard to say. A good proposal nonetheless!
    May 10 at 1:39 p.m.
    Just to add from NSH's perspective, its definitely an interesting thought as it isn't something I had considered, but this is too much future for NSH to give up for a guy to attempt to win now. Drai would solve a lot of NSH's problems, but the overarching problem NSH faces is the team isn't in a win-now state. This year, if anything, was an overperformance of expectations. Forsberg had a career year (again somehow) and O'Rilley and Nyquist somehow went back to their prime for a season, and Josi put up a year worthy of Norris consideration (doubt he wins though). The odds of this happening again, let alone 2 or 3 more times is slim to none as all of those players will start next year at 30+.

If any goalie is getting moved from NSH it is going to be Saros. Additionally, Evangelista isn't going to be moved given how well he has done and how well he adapted to Brunette's system. Asking NSH to move Evangelista would be like asking TOR to move Knies. I also doubt NSH would be willing to move on from Molendyk as Molendyk is looking to be Josi's eventual replacement as he really stepped up his game in the WHL this year, despite being injured for a portion of it and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays in the AHL next year.

I did see mention of Wood as well, and I think it is too early for NSH to consider moving him, especially considering he is moving programs (UCONN to UND). This could do a lot for his development as well, and NSH would probably want to see how that goes before making a decision on him. That said, he is among the more expendable prospects NSH has as they have several other projected top 6 RW's in system (Kemell, Evangelista, Fink, and even Tomasino).
    Droakner liked this.
    May 10 at 1:55 p.m.
    Quoting: AEcho
    Just to add from NSH's perspective, its definitely an interesting thought as it isn't something I had considered, but this is too much future for NSH to give up for a guy to attempt to win now. Drai would solve a lot of NSH's problems, but the overarching problem NSH faces is the team isn't in a win-now state. This year, if anything, was an overperformance of expectations. Forsberg had a career year (again somehow) and O'Rilley and Nyquist somehow went back to their prime for a season, and Josi put up a year worthy of Norris consideration (doubt he wins though). The odds of this happening again, let alone 2 or 3 more times is slim to none as all of those players will start next year at 30+.

If any goalie is getting moved from NSH it is going to be Saros. Additionally, Evangelista isn't going to be moved given how well he has done and how well he adapted to Brunette's system. Asking NSH to move Evangelista would be like asking TOR to move Knies. I also doubt NSH would be willing to move on from Molendyk as Molendyk is looking to be Josi's eventual replacement as he really stepped up his game in the WHL this year, despite being injured for a portion of it and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays in the AHL next year.

I did see mention of Wood as well, and I think it is too early for NSH to consider moving him, especially considering he is moving programs (UCONN to UND). This could do a lot for his development as well, and NSH would probably want to see how that goes before making a decision on him. That said, he is among the more expendable prospects NSH has as they have several other projected top 6 RW's in system (Kemell, Evangelista, Fink, and even Tomasino).

Gimme Matthew Wood Heart Eyes
    May 10 at 2:01 p.m.
    Quoting: Droakner
    That offer would also be enticing but would Buffalo do it is the real question

A few BUF fans seemed amenable to it provided Drai would renew his contract.

Quoting: Nhl_oilers
    Personally, I don’t mind your offer SupremeBone, but also something like Swayman, Carlo, Frederic, and picks for Draisaitl, Ceci, Skinner catches my eye too! It all depends on how you value guys.

I guess I simply don't value Carlo and, depending on how much of the value of that trade you ascribe to him, Swayman the way you do. I believe a fair deal of what makes BOS' goalies look so good is that team's identity & structure and they wouldn't have that in EDM. If I'm trading Drai, I want to get distinctly younger while still filling the hole that'll open up at 2C.
    Droakner, CD282 and Nhl_oilers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll