$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$650,000$650,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,200,000$4,200,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$2,800,000$2,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I'm not even a Canadiens fan, but you must be joking with this trade...
Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:13 p.m.
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
I'm not even a Canadiens fan, but you must be joking with this trade...

With Chabot potential, this is a fair trade. I know Ottawa is getting much better immediatly and Chabot will need to develop and adapt to the NHL for a year or two but if you look at my Mtl lineup below called Chabot++, you'll see Mtl can be very competitive next year. In a year or two, Chabot would become a pair with Weber.

But, bottom line is, we both know GM's are afraid of big trades and this trade just like most lineups on this site will never happen. But it's fun making them. Thanks for the comment.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:21 p.m.
gm KemptvilleBullies
I can at least see where you are coming from....Ottawa does consider Chabot a cant miss prospect .... I would think a Pageau would be closer to a start point than Brassard but who knows.....I think Ottawa would still have to pay more ............. Keep having fun
Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:36 p.m.
Edited Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:45 p.m.
Quoting: uncleroddy
I can at least see where you are coming from....Ottawa does consider Chabot a cant miss prospect .... I would think a Pageau would be closer to a start point than Brassard but who knows.....I think Ottawa would still have to pay more ............. Keep having fun

Mtl needs an offensive center and Pacioretty has a lot of value, so there is no way Bergevin would consider Pageau instead of Brassard and I dought they would let go of Turris. I know Ottawa should pay more but it would be a trade with no chance of happening. Now a days, you have to give more if you really want specific players. Nashville gave their captain with a 7Mil$ cap hit and got Subban at 9Mil$ who now plays on a second pair. They gave a lot but made their team better. Drouin is taking the pole position on the LW, Vanek is available for the 2nd line. Brassard would stabilize the 2nd trio and we would get a top LHD with Chabot in a year or two. Jerabek will take that spot this year. He was the 5th best offensive dman in the KHL last year and I dought Markov will make it to that top 5 next year.
uncleroddy liked this.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 3:50 p.m.
GM Game v1 v2
You're a bit off in value, but you're not exactly barking up the wrong tree.

MTL Sends:
Pacioretty (50% retention)
Shaw
Schlemko (50% retention)
2018 2nd round pick (higher of CHI or MTL)

OTT Sends:
Chabot (matched with Pac)
Brassard (matched with Shaw)
2018 1st round pick (lower of OTT or any other pick acquired before trade deadline) --> this pick swap is intended to balance values in Chabot-Pac swap (future vs now) as well as all the salary you're asking us to retain for you.

This trade won't happen regardless because Habs are in win-now and won't wait 1-2 seasons, but I'd do it.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 4:01 p.m.
Edited Jul. 29, 2017 at 4:20 p.m.
Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup

MTL Sends:
Shaw
Schlemko (50% retention)

OTT Sends:
2018 1st round pick (lower of OTT or any other pick acquired before trade deadline) --> this pick swap is intended to balance values in Chabot-Pac swap (future vs now) as well as all the salary you're asking us to retain for you.

This trade won't happen regardless because Habs are in win-now and won't wait 1-2 seasons, but I'd do it.

I am a Mtl fan, I only made this lineup IOT show the added value of the trade to OTT fans. My real lineup is the one called ''Chabot++''. Check it out. By the way, in my mind process, I was giving Pacioretty for Brassard knowing OTT still have to give Something more, then Schlemko to take Chabot's spot on the lineup, Juulsen to replace Chabot in the long run and Shaw as an extra because they would not go for Schlemko and Juulsen only for Chabot. Asking for an extra 1st round pick would be the insult Killing the deal.

I would like to see an Ottawa fan comment on my trade and yours.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 9:26 p.m.
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: Manfred
Quoting: We_Want_The_Cup

MTL Sends:
Shaw
Schlemko (50% retention)

OTT Sends:

I am a Mtl fan, I only made this lineup IOT show the added value of the trade to OTT fans. My real lineup is the one called ''Chabot++''. Check it out. By the way, in my mind process, I was giving Pacioretty for Brassard knowing OTT still have to give Something more, then Schlemko to take Chabot's spot on the lineup, Juulsen to replace Chabot in the long run and Shaw as an extra because they would not go for Schlemko and Juulsen only for Chabot. Asking for an extra 1st round pick would be the insult Killing the deal.

I would like to see an Ottawa fan comment on my trade and yours.

No way MTL retains on Patches or Schlemko. But also no way the Sens trade their best prospect since Karlsson to their rival. The Sens have a Shaw type player in Smith who I would agrue brings more offense. 5 years and almost 4 million is not a friendly contract for a 3rd C at best (not a fan of his game) and with the Sens system flush with centres he would be in the way. Shaw is not an asset in this trade. Honestly, the trade makes no sense for the Sens. The Sens need 2 things though, to shed a bit of salary to resign Turris, Stone, Claesson, Ceci and to score more goals which they were in the bottom 3rd of the league in. Pacioretti might provide more goals but then their centre depth gets weakened offensively immediately and they get completely screwed for resigning 4 key players.

As for MTL, it is a lot to trade away, especially a captain who has a good value contract. And Juulsen too. I get it though, huge upside Dman for Weber and a legit centreman, it just puts the Sens in a bad spot cap wise. What I don't get, is the retaining salary... just don't include Shaw and you don't have to?.. oooohhhh :P. Shed a bad contract in the process and hide it by retaining salary on a shorter term? Come on, that wouldn't fly, A for effort.
I just don't think the Sens wants are met. So an extra pick in there by We_Want_The_Cup makes it worse for the Sens. Also, Chabot is borderline NHL ready so I don't understand the pick being for future vs now consideration. His future is max one year in the AHL imo.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 9:42 p.m.
Quoting: CMac66

No way MTL retains on Patches or Schlemko. But also no way the Sens trade their best prospect since Karlsson to their rival. The Sens have a Shaw type player in Smith who I would agrue brings more offense. 5 years and almost 4 million is not a friendly contract for a 3rd C at best (not a fan of his game) and with the Sens system flush with centres he would be in the way. Shaw is not an asset in this trade. Honestly, the trade makes no sense for the Sens. The Sens need 2 things though, to shed a bit of salary to resign Turris, Stone, Claesson, Ceci and to score more goals which they were in the bottom 3rd of the league in. Pacioretti might provide more goals but then their centre depth gets weakened offensively immediately and they get completely screwed for resigning 4 key players.

As for MTL, it is a lot to trade away, especially a captain who has a good value contract. And Juulsen too. I get it though, huge upside Dman for Weber and a legit centreman, it just puts the Sens in a bad spot cap wise. What I don't get, is the retaining salary... just don't include Shaw and you don't have to?.. oooohhhh :P. Shed a bad contract in the process and hide it by retaining salary on a shorter term? Come on, that wouldn't fly, A for effort.
I just don't think the Sens wants are met. So an extra pick in there by We_Want_The_Cup makes it worse for the Sens. Also, Chabot is borderline NHL ready so I don't understand the pick being for future vs now consideration. His future is max one year in the AHL imo.

You did not check my lineup called ''Chabot++''. If you check you will understand that Chabot is only bringing an offensive asset to the 3rd pair. So all in a progressive transition. I know he's not NHL ready yet. I did not do the Ottawa upcoming resigning evaluation, so it's very possible this trade would not take place if you have too many resigning to do. But still, the Cup is going to be won by boost up teams in the future. This trade would boost up Ottawa for this year and never know how far you can make it in the playoffs. By the way, I think you Under evaluate Shaw's potential. He is versatile and can play on top 6 when you have injuries. He is Young and proved to be a gamer in two Stanley cup win with Chicago.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 9:48 p.m.
Jimmy Stu
I don't think the Sens are good partners for a offensive D trade. If I was you guys, I'd target OEL from Arizona. 2 years left to UFA, maybe he's tired of losing? He won't come cheap but he is definitely win now ready.
Arizona won't want to trade him so a knock your socks off deal would have to be it. How about

To Arizona:
Petry, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd(lower of 2), Gallagher

To MTL
OEL, Merkley

Arizona is flush with C. Gallagher would suck to lose, I think he's pretty great. But OEL would help for sure. Maybe Sherbak can be ready soon? I don't know though, I'm not a doctor. Mike Green is probably available from DET though he shoots right.
Jul. 29, 2017 at 10:01 p.m.
Jimmy Stu
Quoting: Manfred
Quoting: CMac66

You did not check my lineup called ''Chabot++''. If you check you will understand that Chabot is only bringing an offensive asset to the 3rd pair. So all in a progressive transition. I know he's not NHL ready yet. I did not do the Ottawa upcoming resigning evaluation, so it's very possible this trade would not take place if you have too many resigning to do. But still, the Cup is going to be won by boost up teams in the future. This trade would boost up Ottawa for this year and never know how far you can make it in the playoffs. By the way, I think you Under evaluate Shaw's potential. He is versatile and can play on top 6 when you have injuries. He is Young and proved to be a gamer in two Stanley cup win with Chicago.

No I did. Just because you put him on the 3rd pair in his rookie season doesn't mean he will stay there all year. Chabot is a stud, you know it, I know it, everyone in hockey knows it. He's been called the best D not playing in the NHL by several scouts, former GMs and 'experts'. It's why you want to trade for him. Again I think it boosts the wings but weakens the offense from the C position.
Shaw is not 'young', what I mean is, he's 26, in his prime. His development is largely behind him. He put up 39 points once but that was on a great CHI team. He was noticeably bad in the playoffs this year though. Taking dumb penalties as I recall. 0 points in 5 games. So much for playoff experience, he looked like he was trying to do it all in those 5 games instead of playing his game... that's just what I thought.
What about a trade for OEL, I feel like he would be perfect no?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll