SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Oct. 1, 2017 at 9:12 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Lemme make this very simple:

Do 3 way trades count as one trade or two. Yes or no. That's all I care about lol

One
Oct. 1, 2017 at 10:36 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: phillyjabroni

the "three way trade" is not meant to be used as an umbrella or a way to circumvent the trade limit.

In theory, every single trade for a month can be done under the "three way trade" and only count as one transaction.

i know, but some people might try to use it that way. I'll give an example, though i would like everyone to know that the teams i use for the example are not to say that these GMs would try to do this, it's just an example:

Philadelphia has one trade left for the month, and it's the trade deadline ... they want Carl Hagelin from Pittsburgh and Vladimir Sobotka from St. Louis ... they trade away Scott Laughton for Carl Hagelin and a 7th to then trade away the 7th as well as a 2nd in a 3-way deal for Sobotka, but if they get away with it, they're actually making 2 trades that would count as one.
Once again, i am not saying that the Flyers GM (NateElder12) would try to do this, these teams are only for examples.

I totally agree with RAIF on this. It is unfair that a trade like the one between Florida, Colorado and the Islanders only counts as one trade for each of them. If that rule isn't changed, teams will definitely start using it to their advantage. According to the current enforcement, I could make 4 different trades, write it up in one post calling it a 5-way trade and have it count as one trade.
rangersandislesfan and Jdp liked this.
Oct. 1, 2017 at 10:54 p.m.
Quoting: TonyStrecher

i know, but some people might try to use it that way. I'll give an example, though i would like everyone to know that the teams i use for the example are not to say that these GMs would try to do this, it's just an example:

Philadelphia has one trade left for the month, and it's the trade deadline ... they want Carl Hagelin from Pittsburgh and Vladimir Sobotka from St. Louis ... they trade away Scott Laughton for Carl Hagelin and a 7th to then trade away the 7th as well as a 2nd in a 3-way deal for Sobotka, but if they get away with it, they're actually making 2 trades that would count as one.
Once again, i am not saying that the Flyers GM (NateElder12) would try to do this, these teams are only for examples.

I totally agree with RAIF on this. It is unfair that a trade like the one between Florida, Colorado and the Islanders only counts as one trade for each of them. If that rule isn't changed, teams will definitely start using it to their advantage. According to the current enforcement, I could make 4 different trades, write it up in one post calling it a 5-way trade and have it count as one trade.

I think that your forgetting that each team received and gave pieces to both other parties involved. In that case, it's a 3 way. But say I acquire Player X from Team A, then trade him to Team B, yet there was no trade between Team A and team B - then it doesn't count as a 3 way and should be 2 different trades
Mr_cap liked this.
Oct. 1, 2017 at 10:57 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG

I think that your forgetting that each team received and gave pieces to both other parties involved. In that case, it's a 3 way. But say I acquire Player X from Team A, then trade him to Team B, yet there was no trade between Team A and team B - then it doesn't count as a 3 way and should be 2 different trades

Then we could add 7th round pick swaps between all 5 teams and get away with it? I don't mean to create a big issue, but this really doesn't seem fair to me
Oct. 1, 2017 at 10:59 p.m.
Go Habs Go
The number of trades is determined by how many teams you receive assets from perhaps?
A team could still participate in a 3-way trade and have it count as one transaction, as long as they are only receiving assets from one team.
Gives teams some control by structuring the deal rather than just saying all 3-ways count as 2 trades and bases the trade count on a team's degree of participation in the transaction.
Just a thought.

Also curious if trades which would put a team over the contract limit are illegal, or if you are allowed to go over the limit and process other moves later to reduce the number of contracts?
Oct. 1, 2017 at 11:02 p.m.
Just making it official. I will be stepping down from my position of GM indefinitely due to personal reasons.
Oct. 1, 2017 at 11:03 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Quoting: ricochetii
The number of trades is determined by how many teams you receive assets from perhaps?
A team could still participate in a 3-way trade and have it count as one transaction, as long as they are only receiving assets from one team.
Gives teams some control by structuring the deal rather than just saying all 3-ways count as 2 trades and bases the trade count on a team's degree of participation in the transaction.
Just a thought.

Also curious if trades which would put a team over the contract limit are illegal, or if you are allowed to go over the limit and process other moves later to reduce the number of contracts?

I think it would make sense if it is determined by how many teams you either received assets from or traded assets to. In the case of the trade in question, each team either traded players to both other teams or received players from both other teams, so it should count as 2 trades for each of them.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 1:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

well your team would have made 2 trades then, the others would have only each made one.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
a) can teams claim players on waivers?
b) i may have asked this already but i don't believe i got an answer: does macArthur count on my 20-23 man roster even though he's on LTIR?
c) Can i sign Alex Formenton? He signed in real life.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Also, is Gabriel Gagne waiver exempt?
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:25 p.m.
b) i may have asked this already but i don't believe i got an answer: does macArthur count on my 20-23 man roster even though he's on LTIR?

a) That will come after 10/3 when the waiver placement period is over.
b) No he comes off of your roster count.
c) You may sign him because you have his rights.

Also, Gabriel Gagne is in fact waiver exempt.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

a) That will come after 10/3 when the waiver placement period is over.
b) No he comes off of your roster count.
c) You may sign him because you have his rights.

Also, Gabriel Gagne is in fact waiver exempt.

thanks! about Formenton do i sign him to his real life contract?
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:31 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
One more question: is Max McCormick waiver exempt?
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:45 p.m.
NBABound

If you type the player in, in the search bar... you would be able to tell.

If the player has a green box that says waiver exempt, then he is waiver exempt. If he doesnt have anything, then he is eligible.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap

If the player has a green box that says waiver exempt, then he is waiver exempt. If he doesnt have anything, then he is eligible.

thanks
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:47 p.m.
NBABound
Also, when we claim players... is it one at a time and you go to the end of the line?

thanks

With Formenton, you can sign him to whatever contract. It doesn't matter. As long as it complies with ELC rules, you're golden.
Also, when we claim players... is it one at a time and you go to the end of the line?

We will let you know when the time comes (Thursday)
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:48 p.m.
VegasGMV2.LeafsGMV1
When are we allowed to take players on waivers?
Oct. 2, 2017 at 7:52 p.m.
Quoting: Jdp
When are we allowed to take players on waivers?

Thursday. We will let you know.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 11:29 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Question regarding waivers.
Once a player clears waivers, if they are called up, they are not subjected to waivers again for a period of 30 days or 10 NHL games.
Does that rule apply to us as well? (Can I send a player down now, have them clear waivers, and then be free to call up and send that player down for 30 days?)
Oct. 2, 2017 at 11:36 p.m.
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Edited Oct. 2, 2017 at 11:42 p.m.
I'm slightly confused about why we have a waiver deadline. Is it more a deadline to cut our rosters down to 23 players?
We will be allowed to send players down to the minors through waivers at any point in the season right?
Oct. 2, 2017 at 11:53 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Question regarding waivers.
Once a player clears waivers, if they are called up, they are not subjected to waivers again for a period of 30 days or 10 NHL games.
Does that rule apply to us as well? (Can I send a player down now, have them clear waivers, and then be free to call up and send that player down for 30 days?)

That's in the CBA, therefore it applies, yes.
ricochetii liked this.
Oct. 2, 2017 at 11:54 p.m.
I'm slightly confused about why we have a waiver deadline. Is it more a deadline to cut our rosters down to 23 players?
We will be allowed to send players down to the minors through waivers at any point in the season right?

There will be waiver periods at the end of each month
Oct. 3, 2017 at 1:06 a.m.
So now what's going to happen with everyone who didn't submit their waivers list? Because from what I'm looking at, two thirds to the league didn't bother to submit their list.

I honestly believe that the Important Information thread should be stickied guys, maybe even main-sticked, where the site rules are? Because I think many people, despite it being titled "Important Info", are too lazy or careless to bother scrolling down to read it.

I know when I was in the BOG of v1, we were repeatedly told that our communication with other GM's was very poor. I do maintain however, it's a two-sided thing. Other GM's need to care enough to figure out what's going on and read through certain threads. And if you sticky a thread like the info thread, like the rules thread, then there's no excuse for missing on deadlines.

Just my two cents guys. You guys are doing a great job, and we really appreciate the work you're putting in. But I feel as though this is one thing that can be done to help control the flow of the game.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll