NMC
UFA - 4
$1,062,500$1,062,500
G
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:12 a.m.
Tspky
Looks about right-- better than the majority of mtl trades that are complete overpayments.. don't think mtl will give up juulsen seeing as they gave up sergachev already for drouin.. price is signed for LONG term as is weber and drouin.

i honestly think it's still a bit much to give up for duchene seeing how he is completely unhappy and sakic is going to be FORCED to trade him.. i think he goes for less than what people expect. The lines aren't bad but i see them being a bit different

pacioretty-duchene-drouin
lehkonen-galchenyukdanault
hudon-plek-hemsky
byron-mitchell-shaw
Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:49 a.m.
Wow, Juulsen is really, REALLY overrated on this board. As an overager in the WHL last season, Juulsen was 30th in scoring among defensemen. Big frigging deal.

Gallagher is a 3rd line agitator. Montreal's 1st pick will be ~20th+, so not a special pick.

None of this adds up to Duchene's value.
TJTwolf and a1111 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: Spanky227
Looks about right-- better than the majority of mtl trades that are complete overpayments.. don't think mtl will give up juulsen seeing as they gave up sergachev already for drouin.. price is signed for LONG term as is weber and drouin.

i honestly think it's still a bit much to give up for duchene seeing how he is completely unhappy and sakic is going to be FORCED to trade him.. i think he goes for less than what people expect. The lines aren't bad but i see them being a bit different

pacioretty-duchene-drouin
lehkonen-galchenyukdanault
hudon-plek-hemsky
byron-mitchell-shaw

Firstly Sakic isn't 'going to be forced to trade him', unless Duchene requests a trade he's under contract for two seasons, and two years is a long time in life or hockey. He may go for less than what Sakic originally wanted (through his own mishandling) but if Sakic does decide to lower the price then the bidding war will cause it to go back up again to a degree. Sakic has been very specific about what he wants so if you aren't including a decent D piece then you can pretty much forget it unless you plan on trading Drouin. That's without the overrating of Gallagher & Juulsen. So no......looks about wrong and 'un' realistic to me.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:21 p.m.
Tspky
Quoting: CD282
Wow, Juulsen is really, REALLY overrated on this board. As an overager in the WHL last season, Juulsen was 30th in scoring among defensemen. Big frigging deal.

Gallagher is a 3rd line agitator. Montreal's 1st pick will be ~20th+, so not a special pick.

your star player had like 7 more points than nick holden last season. his trade value isn't what it was before last season.. sakic could've gotten a better return for duchene last year before the season started, but with everything that's happened including sakic saying duchenes being difficult, his trade value has gone down dramatically. should've taken the islanders offer at the draft and RAN because you will not get close to that anymore.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: Spanky227

your star player had like 7 more points than nick holden last season. his trade value isn't what it was before last season.. sakic could've gotten a better return for duchene last year before the season started, but with everything that's happened including sakic saying duchenes being difficult, his trade value has gone down dramatically. should've taken the islanders offer at the draft and RAN because you will not get close to that anymore.

MY star player got 66 more points than Holden last year, but I fail to see how that comparison is relevant anyhow. The fact is that trade value is a product of two parties coming to an agreement, and this isn't enough to bring Colorado to the table.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:57 p.m.

Juulsen was 19... that's not being an overager get your thing straight he was playing with team canada.... Plus, the points for a défensive defenseman are completly irrelevant! Gallagher a third liner? Maybe he has the skills of a third line guy but he would play on a 2nd on many teams... and that include the avs lol. Finally, a 20+ pick got St Louis Brayden Schenn. I think you are going to be dissapointed with the return from duchene
, the team that do those trades ALWAYS lose
Sep. 29, 2017 at 3:59 p.m.
Quoting: nich26

Juulsen was 19... that's not being an overager get your thing straight he was playing with team canada.... Plus, the points for a défensive defenseman are completly irrelevant! Gallagher a third liner? Maybe he has the skills of a third line guy but he would play on a 2nd on many teams... and that include the avs lol. Finally, a 20+ pick got St Louis Brayden Schenn. I think you are going to be dissapointed with the return from duchene

Juulsen was in his draft +2 year in the Dub last year, so not an overager technically, but still one of the oldest players in the league. He's not eligible to return to the WHL this season and he's not good enough to play in the NHL, so he'll begin his AHL career. Playing with Team Canada juniors is no guarantee of an NHL career, just look at the gold medal rosters from 2005 to 2009 and you'll see defensemen that never made the NHL.

You state that "points for a défensive defenseman are completly (sic) irrelevant", but you're ignoring the fact that Juulsen's points-per-game have declined since being drafted, which is NOT a good sign.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 4:33 p.m.
Quoting: nich26

Juulsen was in his draft +2 year in the Dub last year, so not an overager technically, but still one of the oldest players in the league. He's not eligible to return to the WHL this season and he's not good enough to play in the NHL, so he'll begin his AHL career. Playing with Team Canada juniors is no guarantee of an NHL career, just look at the gold medal rosters from 2005 to 2009 and you'll see defensemen that never made the NHL.

You state that "points for a défensive defenseman are completly (sic) irrelevant", but you're ignoring the fact that Juulsen's points-per-game have declined since being drafted, which is NOT a good sign.

I can't wait to see all AVS fans faces when the team that finally lands Duchene will have got him for way less than they are predicting. Until then we'll all have to agree to disagree. Pray he has a hot start to the year because if he doesn't expect to be very disappointed in the return. I guarantee it.
Also just as a side note: Any none Avs fan saying Gallagher, Juulsen, 1st is overrated is like any none Habs fan saying Duchene is overrated. Takes two to tango. I think both sides are over exaggerating here. Gallagher+Juulsen+1st is a very nice package.

-Gallagher is a force but he's a complimentary player not a top end talent. You play him with good players to get the best results out of him. He had a down year last year (JUST LIKE DUCHENE DID). At his best, before his hand injury he was scoring goals at nearly the same pace as Duchene was. Of course Duchene is the better player, no one is denying that but Gallagher is no slouch.

-Juulsen is a two way dman. looking at WHL scoring to make a case against him is silly. He plays much more shut down roles for his team than offensive ones because he excels at it. Not to mention that he put up solid numbers last year but was injured. It prorates to 47 pts which was only 5 off his first year.Not a big deal there. He's been compared to an early Bieksa but he's not nearly physical enough for that. His potential is more like a Hamrlik. 25-40 pts solid two way Dman. Decent top 4 type guy.

-MTL's 1st 2018 is almost certainly not going to be 20+ this year. You clearly haven't been watching the Habs this year. They have been horrendous. All of the prospects have taken a step back (Juulsen was injured). Defence is worse than last year. We have a natural winger playing center and a natural center playing wing......this team has a high chance of being a bubble team.

I totally agree with the sentiment that AVS fans have for what they need back in return for Duchene. 100% with that said, don't piss on other teams players because they don't fit that requirement. OP's offer is very reasonable, its just not what Colorado needs. Anyone can understand that.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 5:05 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco

I can't wait to see all AVS fans faces when the team that finally lands Duchene will have got him for way less than they are predicting. Until then we'll all have to agree to disagree. Pray he has a hot start to the year because if he doesn't expect to be very disappointed in the return. I guarantee it.
Also just as a side note: Any none Avs fan saying Gallagher, Juulsen, 1st is overrated is like any none Habs fan saying Duchene is overrated. Takes two to tango. I think both sides are over exaggerating here. Gallagher+Juulsen+1st is a very nice package.

-Gallagher is a force but he's a complimentary player not a top end talent. You play him with good players to get the best results out of him. He had a down year last year (JUST LIKE DUCHENE DID). At his best, before his hand injury he was scoring goals at nearly the same pace as Duchene was. Of course Duchene is the better player, no one is denying that but Gallagher is no slouch.

-Juulsen is a two way dman. looking at WHL scoring to make a case against him is silly. He plays much more shut down roles for his team than offensive ones because he excels at it. Not to mention that he put up solid numbers last year but was injured. It prorates to 47 pts which was only 5 off his first year.Not a big deal there. He's been compared to an early Bieksa but he's not nearly physical enough for that. His potential is more like a Hamrlik. 25-40 pts solid two way Dman. Decent top 4 type guy.

-MTL's 1st 2018 is almost certainly not going to be 20+ this year. You clearly haven't been watching the Habs this year. They have been horrendous. All of the prospects have taken a step back (Juulsen was injured). Defence is worse than last year. We have a natural winger playing center and a natural center playing wing......this team has a high chance of being a bubble team.

I totally agree with the sentiment that AVS fans have for what they need back in return for Duchene. 100% with that said, don't piss on other teams players because they don't fit that requirement. OP's offer is very reasonable, its just not what Colorado needs. Anyone can understand that.

NOT an Avs fan.
Sep. 30, 2017 at 6:45 a.m.
Lot of Habs fans who are EXTREMELY unrealistic about the value of their players. I'd go as far as to say they are worse than Laughs fans at it and that says something! Only Sabres fans to pass now. laugh

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll