Oct 15, 2018
2nd Favourite Team
Posts per Day
1) You do not need Shatty, especially at $2M...better off w/ stop gap one year of Mike Green even as a $1M-$1.5M 7th D swan song guy...
2) You don't need Hoffman, you are under-selling Boyd and Sprong as bottom 6 difference makers. Hoffman is an overpay that will never happen
3) Oshie is not going anywhere...insider knowledge here, but the Caps brass love him, the city loves him, the locker room loves him...he has evolved into everything they got from Knuble and more, plus Oshie has expressed the desire to mentor with some of the associate coaching staff and will stay in DC, and after his playing days be an Orpik-style coaching pipeline guy. Plus he still can contribute if he's healthy throughout the remainder of his deal.
4) Fix the defense...especially the right side. I'm olay parting w/ Gudas and Jensen, they make way too many mistakes.
5) Get a real 3RHD...Carlson...blank....Siegs....depth...don't force Fehervary to develop on his weak side.
6) I'm fine with Dillon, Orlov, Fehervary, Alexeyev, and maybe even LucasJo working the Left. Any combination of those guys is talented and serviceable.
7) Veteran goalie is a good idea. Wish the Caps could bring back Halak affordably, or a Mike Smith type guy. Lehner is too pricey and some others are too inconsistent/unproven (ie Subban, etc)
8) The cap won't be $88M...just saying, I think $85 is the real most-likely top end.