SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who is the most overrated player in the NHL?

Dec. 30, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Quoting: DarylthePony
If your a Leafs or Bruins fan your not a big fan of him.

Penguins fans I doubt like him a whole ton.
Dec. 30, 2017 at 12:25 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Ovechkin

No matter how hard you try, you can’t trigger me, Paul. Stick taps for the effort, but yet again, you’ve come up short
Dec. 31, 2017 at 3:03 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: Hockeylover360
P.K. Subban is really overrated.

-Habs fans praise him like god and were super salty when he was traded to Nashville. He is also super dirty and isn't very good defensively either. I find him kinda hyper and I don't care about his personality at all.

Phil Kessel is also overrated.

-Everyone loves him to death and I don't really see what's so special about him. His game isn't very special unlike Malkin or Crosby. I don't care about player personality at all.

I still like these 2 players but they're overrated as heck.

Subban is the best all-around defenseman on Nashville. His defensive game has tremendously improved since his time in Montreal. Personality shouldn’t have anything to do with whether or not a player is overrated.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 6:18 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Subban is the best all-around defenseman on Nashville. His defensive game has tremendously improved since his time in Montreal. Personality shouldn’t have anything to do with whether or not a player is overrated.

That's the thing that some players are crazy popular, Kessel wouldn't be a fan favourite without his personality. I've not seen him much since his leaving of Montreal due Nashville being on so late.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 6:35 p.m.
Shattenkirk. On this site,,,,the pens fans and their hagelin. as an overpaid or overrated group the calgary defence.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 10:53 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
He's never had under 30 goals in a season and has had (7) 50+ goal seasons.

I think there are more overrated players than Alex Ovechkin, such as Kevin Shattenkirk or Brad Marchand or some player along those lines.

wrong spelling, after Marchand it's spelled "underrated"
Dec. 31, 2017 at 11:00 p.m.
wrong spelling, after Marchand it's spelled "underrated"

He isn't underrated. One season of over 65 points...has yet to prove he is a top-5 winger in the NHL, despite popular opinion.
Dec. 31, 2017 at 11:07 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni
He isn't underrated. One season of over 65 points...has yet to prove he is a top-5 winger in the NHL, despite popular opinion.

you have no idea what you're talking about. This will be his 7th season for over 20 goals. Defensively one of the best in the league, but you and all your cronies on here just look at offensive stats......so pathetic......not REAL hockey fans, you guys are "fantasy" fans
Dec. 31, 2017 at 11:14 p.m.
you have no idea what you're talking about. This will be his 7th season for over 20 goals. Defensively one of the best in the league, but you and all your cronies on here just look at offensive stats......so pathetic......not REAL hockey fans, you guys are "fantasy" fans

I mean you can come up here and say all of these things about Brad Marchand, doesn't mean he isn't more overrated than Alex Ovechkin is.

I am a constant defender of Sean Couturier, you know the guy who never had over 40 points in a season yet is a should be top-7 Selke candidate every year? I also harp on players like Conor Sheary and Patrick Maroon because of their bottom-six caliber but play next to elite talent relative to what they should be playing and everyone praises them.

I also don't participate in fantasy hockey. So if you want to continue to just say I use only offensive stats to support a case, you can ask other users about some stats that some might find challenging to read or interpret that I have a great understanding on.

Side note: it's only been 6 seasons unless he scored (2) goals tonight.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 7:45 p.m.
Buchnevesey
McDonagh

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll