22$80,000,000$67,564,641$0$1,582,500$12,435,359
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
Tkachuk, Brady
$925,000$925,000
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$839,166$839,166
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
C
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$650,000$650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$1,166,667$1,166,667
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 8
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 8
$748,333$748,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Dobson, Noah
$925,000$925,000
Schuldt, Jimmy
$925,000$925,000
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
G
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 8, 2018 at 2:39 p.m.
You aren’t getting a 1st from us in that deal. If anything the Habs would have to give us the pick to take Petry’s Horrible contract. Lmfao. This is just laughable. That Carolina trade is bad too ????
Jan. 8, 2018 at 2:43 p.m.
Quoting: Pensfan89
You aren’t getting a 1st from us in that deal. If anything the Habs would have to give us the pick to take Petry’s Horrible contract. Lmfao. This is just laughable. That Carolina trade is bad too ????

pretty sure a lot of teams overpay at the tdl. a 29 year old making decent money who can contribute offensively can fetch you a decent package. as for the carolina trade, maybe i could've added scherbak, but like i said, teams always overpay for quality players at the tdl
Jan. 8, 2018 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
pretty sure a lot of teams overpay at the tdl. a 29 year old making decent money who can contribute offensively can fetch you a decent package. as for the carolina trade, maybe i could've added scherbak, but like i said, teams always overpay for quality players at the tdl

Not teams like Carolina. They are a budget team that are looking to be competitive from within. They aren’t going to give you 2 of their best prospects plus a 1st when they aren’t even a wildcard right now.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:01 p.m.
teams over pay for QUALITY PLAYERS . These are under performing players on big money deals . if you take the first round picks out the trades become better but still your trying to put lipstick on a pig.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:01 p.m.
Lehoulx23

Says the team that gave a 1st for Reaves
Price_is_the_goat, Kotkaniemi15, F50marco and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:03 p.m.
Quoting: Lehoulx
Says the team that gave a 1st for Reaves

We didn’t give a 1st for Reaves. Why does everyone act like the deal was Reaves for a 1st. We got Reaves and a 2nd that was like 15 spots back for a 1st because I believe it was Chicago right before us that took the defensemen that GMJR was going for.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:28 p.m.
Quoting: AZhopeful123
teams over pay for QUALITY PLAYERS . These are under performing players on big money deals . if you take the first round picks out the trades become better but still your trying to put lipstick on a pig.

a 30 plus goal scorer making 4.5mill who heats up 2nd half of the season, and is 5th in the league since 2010 in goals behind names such as ovechkin and stamkos, and has done all of this without a number 1 center is not a quality player?
a 29 year old puck moving d who can chip in offensively, play big minutes and use the body is not a quality player?
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
a 30 plus goal scorer making 4.5mill who heats up 2nd half of the season, and is 5th in the league since 2010 in goals behind names such as ovechkin and stamkos, and has done all of this without a number 1 center is not a quality player?
a 29 year old puck moving d who can chip in offensively, play big minutes and use the body is not a quality player?

You can shine up a turd all you want, but it’s still a turd. Petry is not a quality player and he is on a worse contract than Hagelin. That’s why Montreal would have to give the pens a 1st to take on that contract. Plus no one cares what they did in the past. They care what they are doing this season. Which those players aren’t doing much to earn 2 quality prospects and a bunch of 1st round picks. And you are assuming that the pens don’t make the playoffs or get in as the worst team and get knocked out 1st round. They aren’t looking to move their 1st unless they are getting an extremely good quality player that’s gonna put them over the hump. Not for Jeff Petry lmfao
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:45 p.m.
You can shine up a turd all you want, but it’s still a turd. Petry is not a quality player and he is on a worse contract than Hagelin. That’s why Montreal would have to give the pens a 1st to take on that contract. Plus no one cares what they did in the past. They care what they are doing this season. Which those players aren’t doing much to earn 2 quality prospects and a bunch of 1st round picks. And you are assuming that the pens don’t make the playoffs or get in as the worst team and get knocked out 1st round. They aren’t looking to move their 1st unless they are getting an extremely good quality player that’s gonna put them over the hump. Not for Jeff Petry lmfao

u failed to answer my response about pacioretty. and as for petry, if martin hanzal can go for a 1st rd pick, or ryan reaves can go for a 1st rd pick, pretty sure petry can as well. and no, its not a horrendous contract, esp with the cap going and what he brings to teams. u need to get ur facts right
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:46 p.m.
The MaxPac deal is sound. Might need a #2 pick to go back to Carolina, but it's a reasonable compensation, assuming Max re-signs in Raleigh.

I don't see the value for the Habs in the Pens deal unless you know you can get Carlson as a UFA. Otherwise, the team would suffer even worse next year. Petry may not be all that exciting, but sometime -- on defence -- that's the best kind.

Not sure why Schlemko, who cost Montreal a 5th rounder, is suddenly worth a 3rd rounder. I don't mind moving him, but I doubt the Habs can expect to make a two-round gain out of the deal.

Your plan leaves $10M unspent. Why rush to get rid of Alzner? He's not dominant, but he's still very serviceable.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:51 p.m.
u failed to answer my response about pacioretty. and as for petry, if martin hanzal can go for a 1st rd pick, or ryan reaves can go for a 1st rd pick, pretty sure petry can as well. and no, its not a horrendous contract, esp with the cap going and what he brings to teams. u need to get ur facts right

I do have my facts right. It is you that needs to get their facts right. Reaves didn’t go for a 1st...can you like not read? It was Reaves and a 2nd that was like 15 spots back for a 1st. And that trade only happened because the dman the pens were hoping to get went off the board right before their pick. Hanzel went for a pick in a much weaker draft and center is the most valuable position. Hanzel is also better than Petry. You also gotta look at what the team you are trading with needs. The pens have Letang and Schultz as 1 and 2 RHD so Petry becomes 3rd pair D. The pens aren’t in a situation to be paying 5.5 million for 3-4 years for a bum playing 3rd pair. That’s why they are trying to get rid of Hags in the 1st place.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 3:53 p.m.
Quoting: Truebeliever
The MaxPac deal is sound. Might need a #2 pick to go back to Carolina, but it's a reasonable compensation, assuming Max re-signs in Raleigh.

I don't see the value for the Habs in the Pens deal unless you know you can get Carlson as a UFA. Otherwise, the team would suffer even worse next year. Petry may not be all that exciting, but sometime -- on defence -- that's the best kind.

Not sure why Schlemko, who cost Montreal a 5th rounder, is suddenly worth a 3rd rounder. I don't mind moving him, but I doubt the Habs can expect to make a two-round gain out of the deal.

Your plan leaves $10M unspent. Why rush to get rid of Alzner? He's not dominant, but he's still very serviceable.

Yeah needing a 2nd going back added and that’s just assuming he re-signs. But trades don’t happen on those kind of assumptions.
And that pens deal values the Habs because the pens aren’t in the playoffs and you are getting out of a worse contract and getting possibly another lottery pick lol
Jan. 8, 2018 at 4:09 p.m.
Yeah needing a 2nd going back added and that’s just assuming he re-signs. But trades don’t happen on those kind of assumptions.
And that pens deal values the Habs because the pens aren’t in the playoffs and you are getting out of a worse contract and getting possibly another lottery pick lol

Pens deal didn't make sense to either team unless the Pens are in high need of a RHD. Looking at the roster, I don't see it. Hagelin doesn't really help a team (Habs) that's retooling.
Pensfan89 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 5:01 p.m.
Pens deal didn't make sense to either team unless the Pens are in high need of a RHD. Looking at the roster, I don't see it. Hagelin doesn't really help a team (Habs) that's retooling.

Pens don’t need a RHD that bad. Petry would be our 4th best RHD option with a full healthy roster and our 5th best defenseman that would play the right side of you don’t count Hunwick with the pens presumably looking to deal Cole and put Hunwick as the 3rd pair LD. We don’t really need to pay 5.5 million over the next 3-4 years for a D that would be the 5th best on the right side and 4th best that is right handed. And I’m guessing Hagelin going back was his thinking that “the Habs are taking Hags contract so give us your 1st” but that doesn’t make sense if we are taking on an even bigger contract for longer that’s even more useless than Hags contract lol
Jan. 8, 2018 at 6:32 p.m.
Pens don’t need a RHD that bad. Petry would be our 4th best RHD option with a full healthy roster and our 5th best defenseman that would play the right side of you don’t count Hunwick with the pens presumably looking to deal Cole and put Hunwick as the 3rd pair LD. We don’t really need to pay 5.5 million over the next 3-4 years for a D that would be the 5th best on the right side and 4th best that is right handed. And I’m guessing Hagelin going back was his thinking that “the Habs are taking Hags contract so give us your 1st” but that doesn’t make sense if we are taking on an even bigger contract for longer that’s even more useless than Hags contract lol

We agree that your Pens don't need Petry, but stop with the partisan slagging. You sound like a Trump voter. Petry is a fine defenceman and would be an asset on almost any team. His contract is hefty, but not out of line with many in the NHL. You're welcome to say no thanks to the suggested trades, but please stop the silly comments about the quality of Petry, Hagelin or other players. These guys are still the best in the world. That a GM might have overpaid, that's not the players' fault.
ricochetii liked this.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 6:42 p.m.
We agree that your Pens don't need Petry, but stop with the partisan slagging. You sound like a Trump voter. Petry is a fine defenceman and would be an asset on almost any team. His contract is hefty, but not out of line with many in the NHL. You're welcome to say no thanks to the suggested trades, but please stop the silly comments about the quality of Petry, Hagelin or other players. These guys are still the best in the world. That a GM might have overpaid, that's not the players' fault.

Not for those contracts they aren’t. Petry makes the same as Justin Schultz. Schultz is much better than Petry.
Some notable dmen that Petry gets the same as or more than...
Roma Josi, Ryan Ellis, Seth Jones, Ekman-Larson just to name a few. All of them are better than Petry. I’m not saying them getting overpaid is their fault. But that diminishes their value greatly.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 7:02 p.m.
Not for those contracts they aren’t. Petry makes the same as Justin Schultz. Schultz is much better than Petry.
Some notable dmen that Petry gets the same as or more than...
Roma Josi, Ryan Ellis, Seth Jones, Ekman-Larson just to name a few. All of them are better than Petry. I’m not saying them getting overpaid is their fault. But that diminishes their value greatly.

So better to say "Petry would be fine if you take $2M back....."
Pensfan89 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 7:05 p.m.

Yes. Just like Hagelin would look a hell of a lot more attractive at 2 million as opposed to 4 million.
But still even at 3.5 mil, I don’t see him fitting with the pens. However at that rate, I don’t think the Habs would have trouble finding a trading partner. Cough cough vegas cough cough lol
Jan. 8, 2018 at 7:26 p.m.

Anyone who says Petry 's contract is horrible needs their head checked. He is slightly over paid yes (5M was the sweet spot for him) but he's not a cap dump. The guy is a legit top 4 dman.

He's only 30 and playing top 4 minutes in all situations making 5.5M....... that is the price for players of that ilk.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 7:38 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Anyone who says Petry 's contract is horrible needs their head checked. He is slightly over paid yes (5M was the sweet spot for him) but he's not a cap dump. The guy is a legit top 4 dman.

He's only 30 and playing top 4 minutes in all situations making 5.5M....... that is the price for players of that ilk.

He is only playing top 4 minutes because the Habs don’t have a solid number 2 RHD that’s better. And the Habs are a pretty weak team. There are very few teams in the league that he would be more than just a 3rd pair D. That’s like me saying Ian Cole is a top 4 dman because he has spent the majority of his Pittsburgh tenure playing in the top 4 when in reality it’s simply because he compliments Schultz so well.
Jan. 8, 2018 at 10:04 p.m.
He is only playing top 4 minutes because the Habs don’t have a solid number 2 RHD that’s better. And the Habs are a pretty weak team. There are very few teams in the league that he would be more than just a 3rd pair D. That’s like me saying Ian Cole is a top 4 dman because he has spent the majority of his Pittsburgh tenure playing in the top 4 when in reality it’s simply because he compliments Schultz so well.

Uuughh I can tell a homer when I see one. I'll just agree to disagree with you here while the running is good. rolling eyes
Jan. 8, 2018 at 10:32 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Sorry but you're incorrect. I don't know where people are getting their valuation of Petry from, but you need a new source. You aren't the only one either, so don't feel like I'm picking on you. I recommend ownthepuck. It isn't perfect, but it provides a ballpark snapshot that is easier to understand than analyzing raw data yourself.

Petry is a quality 2nd pairing defenseman.
If he's overpaid, it's marginal. You can't say he's vastly overpaid because better players are making less. Maybe the better players aren't making enough?
5M is ballpark for a 2nd pairing defenseman that is signed as an unrestricted free agent. Josi was signed as a restricted free agent and not all of those were unrestricted free agent years. I think most, if not all of the guys you named were in the same boat.

You can disagree with trade values and team needs all you want, I don't think Petry to Pittsburgh works either, but you might want to review some of your reasoning and evaluation methods when comparing performance and contracts at least. smile
Jan. 9, 2018 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Uuughh I can tell a homer when I see one. I'll just agree to disagree with you here while the running is good. rolling eyes

I’m glad you can agree that the Habs fans on here are Homer’s cause they think Petry is the bees knees lol
Jan. 9, 2018 at 1:17 p.m.
I’m glad you can agree that the Habs fans on here are Homer’s cause they think Petry is the bees knees lol

......... I think at this point the only way I can respond to you so that you understand is:

"I know what you are but what am I?"
"A garbage man"
"A garbage man"
"Takes one to know one!"

rolling eyes
Jan. 9, 2018 at 1:19 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
Sorry but you're incorrect. I don't know where people are getting their valuation of Petry from, but you need a new source. You aren't the only one either, so don't feel like I'm picking on you. I recommend ownthepuck. It isn't perfect, but it provides a ballpark snapshot that is easier to understand than analyzing raw data yourself.

Petry is a quality 2nd pairing defenseman.
If he's overpaid, it's marginal. You can't say he's vastly overpaid because better players are making less. Maybe the better players aren't making enough?
5M is ballpark for a 2nd pairing defenseman that is signed as an unrestricted free agent. Josi was signed as a restricted free agent and not all of those were unrestricted free agent years. I think most, if not all of the guys you named were in the same boat.

You can disagree with trade values and team needs all you want, I don't think Petry to Pittsburgh works either, but you might want to review some of your reasoning and evaluation methods when comparing performance and contracts at least. smile

We get it from stats and actually watching without rose colored glasses. I get it, most of the people on here think their players are all worth a lot more than they are.
Look at the guys +|-. I know that’s not a perfect stat cause some guys get screwed by poor goaltending but Petry has the best goalie behind him and has only been a + once. And that was barely after a breakout year last year. He has started to come back down to earth. He is a -21 this year. I get that the Habs are bad, but maybe that’s cause you have guys like Petry in the top 4 and zero scoring. Price can’t carry the team forever.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll