Forums/Armchair-GM

My NYR moves

Created by: LGBstl
Team: 2017-18 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 5, 2018
Published: Feb. 5, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Probably not something Army would do, but I think it makes the blues very very deep for the playoffs.
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$75,000,000$65,039,167$0$440,000$9,960,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,350,000$5,350,000
LW
UFA - 4
$5,125,000$5,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
C
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$741,667$741,667 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,700,000$4,700,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,125,000$1,125,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 5
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 4
$2,900,000$2,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$257,500$258K)
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$50,000$50K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:07 p.m.
Analytics are good
I'd personally throw in a conditional pick in Grabner resigns, other than that, this may be the only realistic trade that i've seen for them on this site
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: PenGoater99
I'd personally throw in a conditional pick in Grabner resigns, other than that, this may be the only realistic trade that i've seen for them on this site

Yeah, those things can always be added in. I just figure it gives STL a low end rental for scoring depth and then a bolstered Blueline.
Also gives Rangers a replacement for McDonough for a year in Bouw and then Walmen to eventually take that role. As well as a 1st Kyrou and Fabbri to make up for Grabner and how much better McDonough is than Bouw.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:13 p.m.
Tspky
I love this trade from the rangers side. Does Bouw have a NTC or NMC because we could move him for another asset as well.. would make this even more enticing from the rangers perspective
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:14 p.m.
I don't see how Bo makes sense for the Rangers. If the Rangers are selling off, that means they are not contending. Why would Jay-Bo be willing to waive his NTC to go to a team that isn't planning to compete? The guys only 34yr old, but he's logged over 15k minutes and been a horse for years. Jay-Bo's window for a cup is the next 2-3 years.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:16 p.m.
Quoting: Spanky227
I love this trade from the rangers side. Does Bouw have a NTC or NMC because we could move him for another asset as well.. would make this even more enticing from the rangers perspective

Yes he does unfortunately, that is the only thing that could go wrong with this trade. But would think he might be willing to waive it/ would pick NY as a team hes willing to go to.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
I don't see how Bo makes sense for the Rangers. If the Rangers are selling off, that means they are not contending. Why would Jay-Bo be willing to waive his NTC to go to a team that isn't planning to compete? The guys only 34yr old, but he's logged over 15k minutes and been a horse for years. Jay-Bo's window for a cup is the next 2-3 years.

I agree that is the only issue, but I do not see NY doing a full scale rebuild. And think a team like NY is somewhere most players would not mind being traded to/ would have on their list of teams Willing to go to.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:24 p.m.
Quoting: LGBstl
I agree that is the only issue, but I do not see NY doing a full scale rebuild. And think a team like NY is somewhere most players would not mind being traded to/ would have on their list of teams Willing to go to.

I'm sure for some guys it is, but I'm not sure a guy like Jay-Bo is one of them. Even if the Rangers want to retool on the fly, their still 2-3 years away from competing.
LGBstl liked this.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 12:50 p.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N
I'm sure for some guys it is, but I'm not sure a guy like Jay-Bo is one of them. Even if the Rangers want to retool on the fly, their still 2-3 years away from competing.

If it was possible cap wise, I'd move Gunnarson instead of Bouwmeester. Bouwmeester might be willing to move to a team like Calgary, but Blues will have to retain some salary probably (i'd offer the buyout price of 1.8 million).
Also, if i were to move any of the prospects, it'd be Kostin or Thompson over Kyrou. But unfortunately we'd have to give up a valuable piece.

Fabbri, Walman, Gunnarson, Thompson(already has NHL experience and size to replace Nash), 1st for Grabner and McDonagh.
LGBstl liked this.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 2:04 p.m.
I mean there's a simple formula here: McD = Certified Blue chip prospect (Dunn, Thompson, Kyrou, Thomas), + late 1st + 2nd + young B+ prospect (Schmaltz). Grabner = late 1st or equal (Kostin, Sundqvist). Just add that all up. Bouwmeester has no value, Walman doesn't fill any need for us, since we're stocked with young mid-level D prospects. Salary could be retained on McD if necessary and hell we'd throw in a 4th. But that'd be it. Looking at something like:

Kyrou, Schmaltz, Kostin, 1st, 2nd for McD (half retained), Grabner, 5th.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 2:26 p.m.
Quoting: Sagecoll
I mean there's a simple formula here: McD = Certified Blue chip prospect (Dunn, Thompson, Kyrou, Thomas), + late 1st + 2nd + young B+ prospect (Schmaltz). Grabner = late 1st or equal (Kostin, Sundqvist). Just add that all up. Bouwmeester has no value, Walman doesn't fill any need for us, since we're stocked with young mid-level D prospects. Salary could be retained on McD if necessary and hell we'd throw in a 4th. But that'd be it. Looking at something like:

Kyrou, Schmaltz, Kostin, 1st, 2nd for McD (half retained), Grabner, 5th.

Walman has a higher value than Schmaltz at this point but if you want to switch them thats fine by me.
Also Fabbri is worth more than a 2nd value wise. He has some risk with his injuries I get that but would you rather take a risk on a really good young NHL proven player with injury concern or a late 2nd?
Bouwmeester does not have much value but is a more than capable player to fill in and help eat the minutes McDonough did and you only have him for 1 year.

So I guess im confused with what you do not agree with. Sure you could switch Schmaltz for Walman if you like him better and ask for Kostin and a 2nd instead of Fabbri and Bouwmeester.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
Walman has a higher value than Schmaltz at this point but if you want to switch them thats fine by me.
Also Fabbri is worth more than a 2nd value wise. He has some risk with his injuries I get that but would you rather take a risk on a really good young NHL proven player with injury concern or a late 2nd?
Bouwmeester does not have much value but is a more than capable player to fill in and help eat the minutes McDonough did and you only have him for 1 year.

So I guess im confused with what you do not agree with. Sure you could switch Schmaltz for Walman if you like him better and ask for Kostin and a 2nd instead of Fabbri and Bouwmeester.

Well the things are we don't need any vets back to fill voids, we have 3 different D-men in the AHL we'd all like to have up instead of Staal and Kampfer. Bouwmeester brings negative value in this case.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with you about Fabbri, a skater whose best attribute is speed just tore his ACL twice in 2 years, there's no way that doesn't hamper his value a good deal. I think he's probably worth a 2nd, but not sure if the Rangers want that right now while he's still recovering.

Also personally prefer Schmaltz to Walman, only thing Walman has on him is age.

So yeah ideal would be Thompson, Kyrou, Schmaltz, 1st, 2nd for McD (half retained), Grabner and a 5th. You guys say yes?
Feb. 5, 2018 at 3:40 p.m.
Well the things are we don't need any vets back to fill voids, we have 3 different D-men in the AHL we'd all like to have up instead of Staal and Kampfer. Bouwmeester brings negative value in this case.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with you about Fabbri, a skater whose best attribute is speed just tore his ACL twice in 2 years, there's no way that doesn't hamper his value a good deal. I think he's probably worth a 2nd, but not sure if the Rangers want that right now while he's still recovering.

Also personally prefer Schmaltz to Walman, only thing Walman has on him is age.

So yeah ideal would be Thompson, Kyrou, Schmaltz, 1st, 2nd for McD (half retained), Grabner and a 5th. You guys say yes?

probably would not work without moving Bouwmeester or at least Gunnarson. And no way Armstrong gives up both Thompson and Kyrou for 1.5 years of McDonough nor would I want us to.

So no
Feb. 5, 2018 at 3:49 p.m.
probably would not work without moving Bouwmeester or at least Gunnarson. And no way Armstrong gives up both Thompson and Kyrou for 1.5 years of McDonough nor would I want us to.

So no

So no

You could probably swap Gunnarson and Schmaltz and swap one of Thompson or Kyrou for Thomas and it'd still work for us.
Feb. 5, 2018 at 3:56 p.m.
You could probably swap Gunnarson and Schmaltz and swap one of Thompson or Kyrou for Thomas and it'd still work for us.

closest to what you are asking I would be okay with would be:
Kyrou, Schmaltz, 1st, 2nd and Gunnarson/Bouw
for
McDonough and Grabner
Feb. 5, 2018 at 5:28 p.m.
Yes he does unfortunately, that is the only thing that could go wrong with this trade. But would think he might be willing to waive it/ would pick NY as a team hes willing to go to.

There's many things that can go wrong with this trade. Grabner could opt out and not resign with the Blues. Blues didn't want to give Shatty22 big salary just to turn around and give it to McDonough? Now the Blues are back where they were not knowing where they will get $$ to sign the young kids coming up.

Giving up a 2019 first round pick? So now the Blues won't have a top pick in 2018 and 2019? Guess we are banking hard on the young core we have as being enough - which they aren't. Sorry that won't happen.
Fabbri is a walking question mark, so his evaluation for this trade is null.
JBou won't move his NMC to go to NYR for a rebuild when he wants a chance to win the Cup.
Giving up Kyrou (or any young prospect for a one year rental in Grabner and a defensemen that the Blues don't need) - and throwing in ready to play (2019) Walman!? If anything throw in Schmaltz, he's a fading former #1 pick that is only losing value every year he stays in the minors.

Blues are giving up way too much IMO, McDonough isn't going to solve any of the Blues problems. We are not bailing out the Rangers for making horrible contract decisions. The Blues have enough of them. don't need more.
Feb. 6, 2018 at 12:13 p.m.
Quoting: worcat
There's many things that can go wrong with this trade. Grabner could opt out and not resign with the Blues. Blues didn't want to give Shatty22 big salary just to turn around and give it to McDonough? Now the Blues are back where they were not knowing where they will get $$ to sign the young kids coming up.

Giving up a 2019 first round pick? So now the Blues won't have a top pick in 2018 and 2019? Guess we are banking hard on the young core we have as being enough - which they aren't. Sorry that won't happen.
Fabbri is a walking question mark, so his evaluation for this trade is null.
JBou won't move his NMC to go to NYR for a rebuild when he wants a chance to win the Cup.
Giving up Kyrou (or any young prospect for a one year rental in Grabner and a defensemen that the Blues don't need) - and throwing in ready to play (2019) Walman!? If anything throw in Schmaltz, he's a fading former #1 pick that is only losing value every year he stays in the minors.

Blues are giving up way too much IMO, McDonough isn't going to solve any of the Blues problems. We are not bailing out the Rangers for making horrible contract decisions. The Blues have enough of them. don't need more.

Well for one this is just my take on if the Blues decide to trade with the Rangers what I would want to happen, so it is not necessarily something I want to see happen.
2. Blues wanted to resign Shatty but could not afford him. If you swap out McDonough for Bouwmeester thats a huge upgrade and will have the space to sign him after next year if they decide to and cant get a big name forward.
3. Blues have Thompson, Kyrou, Thomas, Kostin on top of Barbeshev, Blais, Walman, Schmaltz, Musil and Kaspick as far as prospects go we can afford not to have a 1st rounder for two years. Not ideal but can afford to do it.
4. Fabbri is a quesiton mark yes but doesnt make him null, it is a risk just like any pick would be. No one knows if a 21-31 1st round pick will turn out to be a good player, just like you dont know if Fabbri returns 100% from injury but you do know that if he does you have a great player and if hes 75% you have a pretty good player still.
5. Giving up Kyrou for a former captain and top pairing D man for 1.5 years and for a 25 goal scoring rental for playoffs does not sound too bad to me when you have all those other prospects I listed before as well.
Again if you read the other comments you can always switch out prospects depending on what the other team wants/what Army is willing to give up but I put in the guys I think the Rangers would want to make it work.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll